Author Topic: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (22)  (Read 7888 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
1st home game postponed as can't guarantee the ground will be ready

Can see this problem escalating for them. If they suddenly have a few games postponed it will cause significant fixture congestion for them adding to the probability that they’ll be immediately relegated.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
I think we’ll see more postponements and them maybe just about get it ready in time under League threat of them getting a points deduction if the ground isn’t ready and they’re unwilling to use Watford or MK Dons.

On their signings so far, they strike me as very good consolidation signings for the top 6 of the Championship. That could be a tad glib and Chong is indeed talented, but I feel they’re making understandable, conservative signings with the idea that this season is a ‘one and done’ adventure, but they will keep these players back in the Championship, be a better squad at that level and in their eyes, hope to become a yo-yo club.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Why don't they switch to the fixture to Turf Moor like we had to with the Main Stand? Seems strange to just postpone.

Ah - just read apparently Burnley refused the knob heads.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 08:58:57 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
We played them in that mad 5-3 game where Xabi scored from our half in 2006. But we also played them away in the cup in 2008 (I think) when they were down a league or two. It finished as a draw. Vaguely remember Carra confronting the crowd after than game, and their being a bit of a hullabaloo about it all. We beat them about 5-0 in the replay, think it was Gerrard or Carragher’s 500th game for us. All getting a bit hazy now!

My memory of that cup replay game is that after we drew at their place, the press tried to pressure us into giving them the whole gate for the Anfield match because they were financially up the shitter, which is probably the most FA Cup thing that's every happened.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Why don't they switch to the fixture to Turf Moor like we had to with the Main Stand? Seems strange to just postpone.

Ah - just read apparently Burnley refused the knob heads.

We asked for our games to be away well in advance. This is quite late to be asking for a switch. Although I'd be amazed if it didn't massively suit Burnley so not sure why they refused.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
Thems were the days. Ridiculed just like Des O'Connor and André Preview.

Glenda very much missed.

You try me once you beg for more.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
We asked for our games to be away well in advance. This is quite late to be asking for a switch. Although I'd be amazed if it didn't massively suit Burnley so not sure why they refused.
Im pretty Luton asked for at least the first weekend away maybe 2.
Maybe Burnley didnt want the return leg timing wise in London or there an event in that area which makes it harder to get enough stewards/police/workers etc.

Online Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
They will stay up
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (0)
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2023, 07:34:54 pm »
I'm going to have forgotten this thread exists by the time I need to update the title.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (0)
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2023, 02:37:08 pm »
I'm going to have forgotten this thread exists by the time I need to update the title.
They have Wolves at home next week.  If they lose that too, then it is hard to see where they start picking points up from.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (1)
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2023, 05:04:38 pm »
1 point.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (1)
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2023, 05:30:28 pm »
1 point.

Book it!  ;D 10 more to tie. 11 for the win. 14 to top the Ev. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
3 big ones to add to the pile.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
They were fortunate for poor finishing by Everton in the first 15 minutes yesterday and could have been a goal or two down but other than that they done well. Looked a threat off set pieces and the big lad up front who scored the second caused a few problems. Second half they looked really comfy when it should have been Everton putting them under pressure. Seen enough yesterday to say with near certainty that they'll surely not have the lowest points total after Derby. I still think they'll drop but they'll give it a decent go with what they've got even if they're relegated quite early (which I don't think they will be officially given how poor the rest of the sides are)

They've got Burnley at home on Tuesday, and if they win that they'll genuinely be able to look at their start and say it's been a good one, crazy how that works considering it's looked a bit doom and gloom for them but they've got some tough games out the way too. Home form will be key. Sheffield United will finish bottom I think.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (5)
« Reply #54 on: November 3, 2023, 10:33:33 am »
The Paul Walsh derby incoming!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (5)
« Reply #55 on: November 3, 2023, 10:44:44 am »
Thems were the days. Ridiculed just like Des O'Connor and André Preview.

Glenda very much missed.

He was a Luton Town fan and a director of the club.

Eric Morecambe Lounge Hospitality

Our largest hospitality lounge is named after perhaps the club's most celebrated supporter, and former director, the timeless Eric Morecambe.

Eric Morecambe was, perhaps, Luton Town Football Club's most famous patron and director. His TV shows with Ernie Wise, and their Christmas specials cemented his status as a household name, and Eric was proud to let everyone know that he was a Hatters fan.

Our largest hospitality suite is named after the great man, and we're sure you'll enjoy your Eric Morecambe Lounge experience with us.

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/commercial/hospitality/the-eric-morecambe-lounge/
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (6)
« Reply #56 on: November 5, 2023, 06:29:39 pm »
Bit annoying that.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: November 5, 2023, 06:37:31 pm »
Hope the horrible pricks go down and don’t come back after those chants. Team full of divers, particularly Chong.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 5, 2023, 06:41:12 pm »
we still did better than Everton at home. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 5, 2023, 07:00:33 pm »
They are really bad.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 5, 2023, 07:32:06 pm »
Their fans are mongrels, very Brexit-y. Hope they get relegated and never come back.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #61 on: November 5, 2023, 07:52:31 pm »
A town full of Poundland Yaxley-Lennons.  :tosser
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #62 on: November 5, 2023, 08:01:09 pm »
Seems like a good day missing my first game this season, either watching or at the match due to fireworks and beer in the pub.

Vamos Diaz.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #63 on: November 5, 2023, 08:08:52 pm »
Mongrels is definitely the word.

Point is a terrible result. One thing they'll do all season though is work hard, so fair enough in that regard.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #64 on: November 5, 2023, 08:43:16 pm »
Fuckin hate Luton, have done since the 80s, those of us of a certain age remember when they had that plastic pitch, the membership scheme which banned away fans, & that Thatcherite racist c*nt of a chairman [would have supported Brexit too], who was a Tory MP, :butt & lost his seat in the 97 election. ;D
#Sausages

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #65 on: November 5, 2023, 09:04:30 pm »
Flatten the shithole, build 3 more runways over it.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #66 on: November 5, 2023, 09:24:08 pm »
Fuckin hate Luton, have done since the 80s, those of us of a certain age remember when they had that plastic pitch, the membership scheme which banned away fans, & that Thatcherite racist c*nt of a chairman [would have supported Brexit too], who was a Tory MP, :butt & lost his seat in the 97 election. ;D
David Evans, the c*nt and you're right.
The Luton c*nts haven't changed a bit since then.

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 5, 2023, 09:55:09 pm »
A town full of Poundland Yaxley-Lennons.  :tosser

Flatten the shithole, build 3 more runways over it.

How nice...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #68 on: November 5, 2023, 10:35:11 pm »
How nice...
He's actually from Luton and the far-right EDL were formed there.

Nice? No.

Facts? Yes.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #69 on: November 6, 2023, 09:11:58 am »
There's a reason that 24 Hours in Police Custody is filmed in Luton
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #70 on: November 6, 2023, 09:45:37 am »
Tom Lockyer came across as a throughly nice guy, with Diaz at the end.
AHA!

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 6, 2023, 09:51:57 am »

I remember that cnut. Proper auld xenophobe he was. Lost his seat to Gisela Stuart as I recall, a German born woman. I know that will have cut him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #73 on: November 6, 2023, 09:55:04 am »
David Evans, the c*nt and you're right.
The Luton c*nts haven't changed a bit since then.

Yep, that's him, complete c*nt, his constituency wasn't in Luton but in Hertfordshire, [i see Grant Shapps is the current MP for the constituency], he then he lost his seat at the 97 election.
#Sausages

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #74 on: November 6, 2023, 09:24:23 pm »
Disgraceful statement. Fuck them, shitty club from a shitty town. Sooner they fuck off back to the lower leagues the better.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #75 on: November 6, 2023, 10:18:03 pm »
What super shitty club. Hope they get relegated and we never have to deal with them again. Brexit twats.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #76 on: November 7, 2023, 01:43:05 am »
“ While we do not wish to dampen the atmosphere at our home ground in any way, we are extremely disappointed that a small number of supporters soured the occasion with chants that may be interpreted as being in relation to tragedies that have affected Liverpool FC in the past.”

It wasn’t a “small number” otherwise it would have been hardly audible above the background noise.

The use of the words “may be interpreted” is utter bullshit. There’s no “may” and there”s no doubt about what the chants are about. The people chanting know full well why they are doing it and it’s nothing to do with anything other than to try to be offensive and to hurt. It’s that simple Luton Town FC and you bloody well know it is.

“ What has quickly become evident is that a number of people may have taken part without knowledge that the words used were in relation to the Hillsborough and Heysel tragedies, and we see the route to persuading supporters not to repeat these chants in future is through communication and education.”

More bullshit. I sincerely doubt if any of those taking part are ignorant of the meaning and if they are then it’s still not an excuse. It’s down to the individuals to be aware of what they are singing and what it means. It’s laughable to imply that some were not aware…….they bloody well are aware. Ok so “communication and education”. Does anyone in their right mind think that education is the answer. No…..highlight the people and give them a lifetime ban…..or at least state that anyone caught in future will get a ban. Grow some balls Luton.

“On this basis we are reviewing CCTV and media footage from the match, and will speak to witnesses to identify individuals who may have taken part. Any perpetrators could face stadium bans and potential criminal prosecutions.”

Again the use of the word “may”. Instead, we will identify those who did take part. Instead of “could face bans”, it should have said “will face bans”……there’s no could or mays.

“The eyes of the world are upon us in the Premier League, which we are all learning quickly to adapt to

So it was fine to make similar chants in the other leagues but “we have to learn to change”. No it was not right and never was right.

Let me rewrite the press statement for you Luton as you seem incapable of knowing what words to use.

“Luton Football Club are appalled at the offensive tragedy chants clearly heard at the match on Sunday. It is wrong to participate in these chants and anyone caught doing so in future will be banned for life with immediate effect. If you aren’t aware of the impact of what you are chanting then please educate yourself as you will face a ban when caught. We sincerely apologise to Liverpool Football Club, their players, staff and supporters”.

The original statement is a joke and they clearly have been pressurised into making a weak statement which they clearly do not fully mean.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2023, 01:45:18 am by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 7, 2023, 09:20:04 am »
I guess the stadium only holds about 10k Luton fans, so, in a way, it was just a small number.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2023, 08:17:41 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67513553

The more you hear about this club’s fans, the less appealing they get

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2023, 09:55:45 pm »
We take the piss out of Everton but the sooner Luton is flushed into the next galaxy the better.  Truly rancid set of fans.

We are Loyal Supporters