Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2799720 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #27640 on: July 7, 2022, 12:18:37 pm »
These sorts of conversations go absolutely nowhere, because you get some people who are just so steadfast that absolutely nothing could possibly be dodgy in the world of football. And of course none of us have actual 'proof' that anything dodgy is going on here.

Andy Carroll was a flavour of the month, homegrown hero type, at the arse end of a transfer window. David Luiz had just had a comedy season at Chelsea where he couldn't get in the team ahead of Gary fucking Cahill, and PSG then randomly felt that was the sort of player to dismantle the world record for a defender, and you genuinely don't think there was anything fishy going on with that and the subsequent return?

I remember reading in the past that the Torres fee was linked to the Carroll fee. FSG wanted whatever Newcastle wanted + £15m for Torres.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27641 on: July 7, 2022, 12:32:26 pm »
I remember reading in the past that the Torres fee was linked to the Carroll fee. FSG wanted whatever Newcastle wanted + £15m for Torres.

Even more depressing.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27642 on: July 7, 2022, 01:22:20 pm »
Even more depressing.

I mean, given what we ended up selling Carroll for, it was probably a better signing for us than Torres was for them!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #27643 on: July 8, 2022, 09:56:23 am »
They are definitely up to something, algorithm-wise. On social media I can't escape City pages being on my timelines even though I never engage with them or go on their pages, nor really search anything about them online at all.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27644 on: July 8, 2022, 10:25:26 am »
They are definitely up to something, algorithm-wise. On social media I can't escape City pages being on my timelines even though I never engage with them or go on their pages, nor really search anything about them online at all.

You haven’t been buying plastic cups on Amazon or anything like that?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27645 on: July 8, 2022, 10:29:52 am »
You haven’t been buying plastic cups on Amazon or anything like that?
No, I'm not stupid.

I've been investing in brand new Crypto's with untraceable ownership and empty offices.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27646 on: July 8, 2022, 11:39:40 am »

It's because you spend so much time in here  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27647 on: July 8, 2022, 02:30:51 pm »
It's because you spend so much time in here  ;D
Way too much time. I moan about my pay at work but in reality I'm probably on RAWK 30% of the time  ;)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #27648 on: July 8, 2022, 03:17:05 pm »
And another £14m from Southampton for an 18 year old with a total of 0 minutes of first team football.

New head of recruitment at Southampton was Man City's head of Academy Recruitment and Talent Management

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #27649 on: July 8, 2022, 03:42:49 pm »
New head of recruitment at Southampton was Man City's head of Academy Recruitment and Talent Management

Hope they've changed the login details for their player database this time....
Believer

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #27650 on: July 8, 2022, 03:49:45 pm »
Didn't know they were getting the Argentine striker now, thought he was going in January. Makes sense if they're planning to get rid of Sterling on top of Jesus.

He might turn out to be great but I think if anything it should bode well for us at the minute. Sterling and Jesus are both more experienced than him and Haaland. Just hope they get rid of Gundogan and Silva now because I've not heard anything about a replacement for either, other than Phillips. Their business this summer seems a bit strange to me
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27651 on: July 8, 2022, 03:53:26 pm »

I've been getting recommended City related accounts on Twitter even though I don't have an account, cleaned up my PC recently and never read anything about City outside of RAWK. Recently I've started to see Newcastle accounts pop up too.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27652 on: July 8, 2022, 04:09:37 pm »
I've been getting recommended City related accounts on Twitter even though I don't have an account, cleaned up my PC recently and never read anything about City outside of RAWK. Recently I've started to see Newcastle accounts pop up too.

Yes me too, its fucking annoying. Some of the accounts have blue ticks as well. I even had an Everton fan news thing pop up last night in the ads, now that is mind boggling.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27653 on: July 8, 2022, 04:33:20 pm »

Yeap same here on YouTube. Everyday it's a recommendation to watch City related stuff even though i keep clicking on "not interested". They are popping up everywhere. The local sports store here in Dublin has a whole section now with City gear even though i've still yet to see a single person wearing a City jersey in Ireland. It's bizarre.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27654 on: July 8, 2022, 04:34:23 pm »
Yes me too, its fucking annoying. Some of the accounts have blue ticks as well. I even had an Everton fan news thing pop up last night in the ads, now that is mind boggling.

Where you booing something at home? Google might have been listening hence the Everton stuff.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #27655 on: July 8, 2022, 04:54:41 pm »
I see ake close to signing for Chelsea.

City will have to buy a few defenders. Very thin area for them
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27656 on: July 8, 2022, 05:00:42 pm »
I see ake close to signing for Chelsea.

City will have to buy a few defenders. Very thin area for them

Chelsea basically giving City £100m for players they don't want.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27657 on: July 8, 2022, 05:01:50 pm »
Chelsea basically giving City £100m for players they don't want.

They’re still not going to give them away for free are they? Ale is a bit of an odd one though, there’s surely some better options for the same money.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27658 on: July 8, 2022, 05:20:09 pm »
Didn't Ake originally come from Chelsea as well before Bournemouth? So another player they had as a young prospect that they let go and are paying stupid money for again. I thought this new owner wasn't going to be tossing money around like Putin's Puppet?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #27659 on: July 8, 2022, 05:33:07 pm »
Ale is a bit of an odd one though, there’s surely some better options for the same money.

They'll have to hop to it, failing to do so would be beyond the pale...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27660 on: July 10, 2022, 03:34:46 am »
These sorts of conversations go absolutely nowhere, because you get some people who are just so steadfast that absolutely nothing could possibly be dodgy in the world of football. And of course none of us have actual 'proof' that anything dodgy is going on here.

Andy Carroll was a flavour of the month, homegrown hero type, at the arse end of a transfer window. David Luiz had just had a comedy season at Chelsea where he couldn't get in the team ahead of Gary fucking Cahill, and PSG then randomly felt that was the sort of player to dismantle the world record for a defender, and you genuinely don't think there was anything fishy going on with that and the subsequent return?

Spot on.

We're dealing with a club whose entire existence (in its current form at least) is public perception. All pre-existing notions of what would've previously been thought of as conspiracy theory thinking have to be adjusted when discussing these, because they are actually breaking the rules and getting away with it. This isn't speculation, it's been shown clearly.

They don't care about profit - just the illusion of it to make themselves look like they're winning fairly. They've already blatantly cheated and seem to be getting more brazen now since CAS bailed them out of their ban on a technicality - it's established fact that they've paid managers off the books. Also clearly established that they've made up (and continue to make up) sponsors to appear legit. I believe it's clear that they have certain journos and pundits (Samuel, Brennan, Richards, Sinclair etc.) on the payroll to spout positive shite. In Richards' case he's literally a club employee. Do people really think that it's beyond them to agree to fake transfer fees so they can appear more legit and self-funding? If so, then wake up.

I'm Irish and actually rate Bazunu, but there's no chance any PL club is paying £12m for him without much track record..He'll probably be factored into Sotons accounts for much less, but by the time they come out, no one is looking or scrutinising. But in the here and now, City have their headline figure that suggests they've sold well. The same thing happened (and was actually even more blatant - at least Bazunu has played a good few games for Ireland) last year with those other kids sold for fake fees and I believe it happens more in football than many realise.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 03:37:34 am by decosabute »

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27661 on: July 10, 2022, 04:42:24 am »
You can hardly make up finances from other clubs.

The sponsorships are a joke but lets not pretend other premier league clubs are in on the scam too ;D

Their youth teams have dominated for the last few years so its hardly surprising they have loads worth a few bob, Southampton did the same with Livramento from Chelsea a year or so back and it worked so they're doing it again.

One of their connected companies could funnel back a few million through a “small” sponsorship.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27662 on: July 10, 2022, 08:05:19 am »
One of their connected companies could funnel back a few million through a “small” sponsorship.
It’s so easily done.
Just like a small scale silverlake investment.
Silverlake  invest £500m in Man City then receive a £2B investment from city’s owners. Yet no one even bats an eyelid.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27663 on: July 10, 2022, 10:49:14 am »
I have no idea but it's 18 football clubs aginst 2 surely they can do something ? clubs need to do a big move like refusing to play aginst City and Newcastle like you said or anything, who will punish 18 clubs ? because whats happening is a joke even after the concerns they had and meetings about Newcastle yet Noon which is part owned by Newcastle owners sponsored the club.

The problem is that most of the clubs are not going to win anything anyway so as long as they get their PL money each season and sometimes making a big sale they don't give a fuck about who is wrecking the league at the top, if it is somebody like city rather than a big club that is no problem for them and their fans can dream of one day getting their own sportswashers to buy them some trophies too, conveniently ignoring the point that at some point the big clubs might decide they have had enough of this bullshit and return to the idea of an ESL which would soon bring that PL money to an end for them.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27664 on: July 10, 2022, 10:54:19 am »
Didn't know they were getting the Argentine striker now, thought he was going in January. Makes sense if they're planning to get rid of Sterling on top of Jesus.

He might turn out to be great but I think if anything it should bode well for us at the minute. Sterling and Jesus are both more experienced than him and Haaland. Just hope they get rid of Gundogan and Silva now because I've not heard anything about a replacement for either, other than Phillips. Their business this summer seems a bit strange to me

Might be arrogance on their part, thinking that sides will continue to capitulate even while these new players are settling into the side, depressing thing is that they may not be wrong about that.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #27665 on: July 10, 2022, 11:06:38 am »
They’re still not going to give them away for free are they? Ale is a bit of an odd one though, there’s surely some better options for the same money.

Damn Nick, are you thirsty? Thought the heat wave only starts next week :D
Linudden.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27666 on: July 10, 2022, 11:07:04 am »
Guardiola’s planet-sized ego and immense arrogance means he simply gets bored of players some times, like they’re play things he can throw aside. They’ve already got a billion pound squad, they didn’t really need to do much this window but instead they’re selling solid players and messing around with additional signings. There’s freshening things up and then there’s making changes for changes sake.

I’m really unconvinced by Haaland, I really am. I just cannot see a world where he keeps his scoring rate up. He’s still going to bag 20 league goals, so I’m unconvinced in the idea that he’s absolutely incredible. Clearly a very good striker but I think some of the weaknesses in his game he’s got away with in the past may surface more in the Premier League. Maybe that’s blind hope on my part.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27667 on: July 10, 2022, 11:18:24 am »
Damn Nick, are you thirsty? Thought the heat wave only starts next week :D

It’s far too hot already.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #27668 on: July 10, 2022, 11:28:57 am »
It’s far too hot already.

I see you're in London so kind of makes sense :D It's like two different planets between Scouseland and down there in summer.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 11:32:40 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #27669 on: July 10, 2022, 11:55:11 am »
We sold Sterling so cheap to our main rival that they are still able to sell him for a profit after using him at his best years.

Hope we learned our lesson.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27670 on: July 10, 2022, 12:28:17 pm »
They'll have to hop to it, failing to do so would be beyond the pale...

are you drunk?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27671 on: July 10, 2022, 12:33:29 pm »
We sold Sterling so cheap to our main rival that they are still able to sell him for a profit after using him at his best years.

Hope we learned our lesson.
You do understand inflation.....yes?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27674 on: July 10, 2022, 05:58:56 pm »
Why do they even feel the need to do this..
It’s just part of the constant desperation to get people to believe they are a big club. It’s fake and embarrassing.

• Legacy Fan

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27676 on: July 10, 2022, 06:40:10 pm »
Hope their new singings can help filling up the stadium. You know I just can't imagine what would Haaland think when he see those empty seats.
Believer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27677 on: July 10, 2022, 07:27:10 pm »
Hope their new singings can help filling up the stadium. You know I just can't imagine what would Haaland think when he see those empty seats.
I'm sure his £350k p/w (LOL) will ease any of his worries.

Online Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27679 on: July 10, 2022, 08:19:16 pm »
I see you're in London so kind of makes sense :D It's like two different planets between Scouseland and down there in summer.

I got a red chest lying in the garden this morning for an hour from half 10 and then sunburnt my head and legs outside the pub this afternoon, only sat out for a couple of hours, it was 28c in the shade and 37c in the sun.

Wild scenes.  :lmao

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1546123105264959491

Was chatting to a City fans this afternoon and he was cringing about this. He also said there were people there in Utd and LFC shirts, so they probably stopped off there on the way to the Womens game over the road.
Jurgen YNWA