Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2792829 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #27560 on: June 28, 2022, 07:24:37 pm »
Correct about Sir Bob in his 9 years as LFC boss. Staggering that his 3 European Cup wins came in the space of 4 years.

He was a bit (lot?) of a twat, but Cloughie won as many as Fergie in 2 years as well.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #27561 on: June 28, 2022, 07:26:05 pm »
Agree on Jesus, but they are essentially shipping out two wingers for Haaland and an unproven striker. They have no willing runners on the wings, outside of Foden.

I rate Cucurella (and Phillips fwiw), but they don't really move the needle. Cucurella isn't the playmaker that Cancelo is and surely they are not moving Cancelo to the right to replace Walker? Both of those signings just seem like depth who get maybe 10-15 starts each in the league.

I’m persuming Haaland replaces Jesus, and as good as Jesus can be, Haaland should be one heck of an upgrade.

And Cucurella replaces Zinchenko no? Hence me thinking he’s a considerable upgrade!

I barely watch them play mind, so no idea who would go where. Just that so far I am not really getting the idea they are weakening. But if Silva, Gundogan and Sterling all go as well, then I’d be expecting them to make a couple more big signings.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27562 on: June 28, 2022, 07:29:45 pm »
For the whole footballing history of the city of Manchester (City and Utd), approx 150 years, and with some of THE best managers ever in the PL (Busby, Ferguson and Pep) they have won the same amount of CLs as Bob Paisley achieved in 9 years alone.  :lmao

Ferguson and Pep have managed the footballing city of Manchester for 32 years non-overlapping and spent many billions. Geniuses.  :butt
Ferguson was crap in Europe & not just on the hard shoulder.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #27563 on: June 28, 2022, 07:32:25 pm »
I’m persuming Haaland replaces Jesus, and as good as Jesus can be, Haaland should be one heck of an upgrade.

And Cucurella replaces Zinchenko no? Hence me thinking he’s a considerable upgrade!

I barely watch them play mind, so no idea who would go where. Just that so far I am not really getting the idea they are weakening. But if Silva, Gundogan and Sterling all go as well, then I’d be expecting them to make a couple more big signings.

How many more big signings can they get in one transfer season, though?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27564 on: June 28, 2022, 07:41:32 pm »
How many more big signings can they get in one transfer season, though?
As many as they want?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27565 on: June 28, 2022, 07:42:51 pm »
As many as they want?

There is meant to still be some limit.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27566 on: June 28, 2022, 07:46:37 pm »

They have signed Alvarez and Haaland, Phillips on his way, maybe Cucurela.

If they sell Gundogan, Silva and Sterling then I’d expect 2 to come in. That wouldn’t be that out of the ordinary in terms of numbers. Not all of them would be walking into that first 11 at the start of the season (or ever!), in fact, maybe only 1 or 2 would be. 

But I doubt Silva goes anyway.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27567 on: June 28, 2022, 07:51:36 pm »
Abu Dhabi don’t have limits. If they need more money they just increase the sponsorships.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #27568 on: June 28, 2022, 07:56:58 pm »
I assume they're alright letting rid of Sterling and Jesus considering they have the River Plate forward coming in in January.

Hoping they get rid of Gundogan to be honest he's a fine player. Also, hoping he plays Grealish as a starter now. He takes them down a level IMO and is completely anonymous in big games, nowhere near as good as Silva or Foden and obviously De Bruyne. Heard someone say recently that Guardiola is going to 'unleash' Grealish this season now he's had a year under his belt. Are we meant to be scared by that? I fucking hope he does.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27569 on: June 28, 2022, 08:00:45 pm »
Had some account linked to these cheats turn up as an ad on my Twitter feed. Manchester City news. Who the fuck is paying for that? It was just a load of guff so I reported it for being political.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27570 on: June 28, 2022, 08:28:05 pm »
Had some account linked to these cheats turn up as an ad on my Twitter feed. Manchester City news. Who the fuck is paying for that? It was just a load of guff so I reported it for being political.
;D Get in!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27571 on: June 28, 2022, 08:47:14 pm »
They have signed Alvarez and Haaland, Phillips on his way, maybe Cucurela.

If they sell Gundogan, Silva and Sterling then I’d expect 2 to come in. That wouldn’t be that out of the ordinary in terms of numbers. Not all of them would be walking into that first 11 at the start of the season (or ever!), in fact, maybe only 1 or 2 would be. 

But I doubt Silva goes anyway.
The Fraud once again getting by on a pittance, truly a genius.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27572 on: June 28, 2022, 08:49:41 pm »
I keep getting Abu Dhabi videos in my "recommended" on YouTube, I've never watched any of their videos, and I've also selected "don't recommend videos from this channel" on the drop down menu, but I still get them recommended, I'm sure it's nothing untoward like Abu Dhabi bunging Google loads of money to write an algorithm favouring their output.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27573 on: June 30, 2022, 10:51:10 am »
So Abu Dhabi FC 'celebrates' Pride here while back at home they trample all over gay rights. Sportswashing at its more shameless.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jun/30/amazon-bows-to-uae-pressure-to-restrict-lgbt-search-results

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27574 on: June 30, 2022, 10:08:10 pm »

Official, confirmed. Brazilian talented winger Savinho [born in 2004] joins City Group team Troyes for €6.5m plus €6m add-ons from Atletico Mineiro. 🇧🇷🤝 #MCFC

Next step: PSV Eindhoven, on loan from Troyes. Van Nistelrooy, waiting for him.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #27575 on: June 30, 2022, 10:35:37 pm »
So Abu Dhabi FC 'celebrates' Pride here while back at home they trample all over gay rights. Sportswashing at its more shameless.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jun/30/amazon-bows-to-uae-pressure-to-restrict-lgbt-search-results
Why the fuck don't these wankers fucking grow up?
Backwards thinking medieval gobshites  :no
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27576 on: June 30, 2022, 11:26:01 pm »
Why the fuck don't these wankers fucking grow up?
Backwards thinking medieval gobshites  :no

Amazon could’ve taken a stand here but nahhh, profits over people. Fair play to Disney refusing to edit their movies. WB let the Chinese censors have their way with the latest fantastic beasts movie.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27577 on: June 30, 2022, 11:59:30 pm »
Believe it or not the UAE and Saudi are full of Gay and Lesbian people and as long it's not public or big parties or trying to promote homosexuality etc nobody will say anything and it should stay this way to be honest. Its easy to say governments should grow up but it will cause more harm than good. You are talking about a Muslim community who will never accept it so trying to grow up will be disaster for gay people. I can't even imagine the harm and bullying they will be against. Personally I am a Muslim and I don't care if you are gay or straight or whatever you do , you treat me with respect I treat you with more respect but a whole community is a different matter.

Get away to fuck with that shit.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27578 on: July 1, 2022, 12:23:43 am »
Believe it or not the UAE and Saudi are full of Gay and Lesbian people and as long it's not public or big parties or trying to promote homosexuality etc nobody will say anything and it should stay this way to be honest. Its easy to say governments should grow up but it will cause more harm than good. You are talking about a Muslim community who will never accept it so trying to grow up will be disaster for gay people. I can't even imagine the harm and bullying they will be against. Personally I am a Muslim and I don't care if you are gay or straight or whatever you do , you treat me with respect I treat you with more respect but a whole community is a different matter.

Yeah,sorry but fuck off with that shit.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #27579 on: July 1, 2022, 02:58:11 am »
Amazon could’ve taken a stand here but nahhh, profits over people. Fair play to Disney refusing to edit their movies. WB let the Chinese censors have their way with the latest fantastic beasts movie.

What makes it even worse is they still have the audacity to say they promote diversity.  :butt

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #27580 on: July 1, 2022, 07:35:55 am »
I get it but try telling this to millions of people in a closed society who think otherwise and it goes aginst all their beliefs. And yes I will definitely hide my religion if I am in a community most of them violent aginst people with my religion and the government of this country shouldn't allow a mosque to be built because its not safe.

I kinda understand your point. People labeling you a bigot dont understand some of the cruel reality in different cultures. I fully believe that there should be acceptance to the lgbt communities everywhere and they should be able to express themselves but the reality in many countries, most of asia (dont forget thats more than half the worlds population) these things are just terribly persecuted under cultural norms. I do not say it is right or should be accepted, but change from this extreme to acceptance cannot happen overnight. A government trying to do so will be lynched because it is too big a change for how milions of their countrymen interpret this in their culture and religion. Any change needs to be in small steps, starting with decriminalising and protecting these communities before they can get anywhere near celebrating them like in Europe and Americas. The objective is to educate and inform billions of people, not just a handful, and it just cannot happen overnight.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27581 on: July 1, 2022, 07:55:46 am »
The point is that the UEA is happily having their sport washing project endorse Pride over here, while clamping down at home. The argument that gay people need to keep their heads down, which two of you are making here, is immaterial. If the UEA government were happy 'turning a blind eye' to its gay population, why is it censoring google? That is active suppression. Meanwhile, they virtue signal in the UK and thereby to the Western world. It's time someone called them out on it, it's time the sports authorities and press here pointed out the cynical hypocrisy at work here. No 'fit and proper' owner of a PL club should be party to the suppression of gay rights, anywhere in the world, full stop.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 08:48:59 am by No666 »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27582 on: July 1, 2022, 08:36:57 am »
Simple solution - allow homosexuality and ban religion.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27583 on: July 1, 2022, 10:57:30 am »
Another of these City sponsorships operating out of London with no staff....

https://twitter.com/james_corbett/status/1542764526692704257?s=20&t=nBzCuhOCUy_syLKYBOvZQg

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #27584 on: July 1, 2022, 11:04:14 am »

https://twitter.com/james_corbett/status/1542764526692704257?s=20&t=nBzCuhOCUy_syLKYBOvZQg
according to the officially released accounts they have 987417391749479749749274 customers
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27585 on: July 1, 2022, 11:26:26 am »

The phrase ‘dirty cheating bastards’ springs to mind.

I’m so glad CAS exonerated them, otherwise things like this might make me believe they were guilty of lying and cheating.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 11:29:05 am by JRed »

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #27586 on: July 1, 2022, 11:29:42 am »

I think I can see where they went wrong in trying to capitalise on Abu Dhabi's HUGE fanbase

Truxtun’s idea was to utilise its partnership with City as a testing ground for the technology, selling prepaid Wega cards with the club crest on,

“There were only 300 cards in total,” says Barriol. “But 50 of those were giveaways, and of the remaining 250 cards – just 145 were activated.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 11:32:37 am by Jshooters »
Believer

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27587 on: July 1, 2022, 11:38:26 am »
I think I can see where they went wrong in trying to capitalise on Abu Dhabi's HUGE fanbase
They have sponsored Abu Dhabi to the tune of over £4m since 2015 and the sponsorship is still active. All to sell 145 pre paid cards. Although to be fair, that is a large proportion of City’s fanbase so from that point of view it has been a roaring success.
#cheatingbastards

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #27588 on: July 1, 2022, 11:39:51 am »
I kinda understand your point. People labeling you a bigot dont understand some of the cruel reality in different cultures. I fully believe that there should be acceptance to the lgbt communities everywhere and they should be able to express themselves but the reality in many countries, most of asia (dont forget thats more than half the worlds population) these things are just terribly persecuted under cultural norms. I do not say it is right or should be accepted, but change from this extreme to acceptance cannot happen overnight. A government trying to do so will be lynched because it is too big a change for how milions of their countrymen interpret this in their culture and religion. Any change needs to be in small steps, starting with decriminalising and protecting these communities before they can get anywhere near celebrating them like in Europe and Americas. The objective is to educate and inform billions of people, not just a handful, and it just cannot happen overnight.

No one is asking for parades, just stop torturing gay people seems like a pretty mild and reasonable request for any humane society?

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27589 on: July 1, 2022, 11:40:55 am »
No one is asking for parades, just stop torturing gay people seems like a pretty mild and reasonable request for any humane society?
You would think so. Seems reasonable to me.
Oh, and stop confiscating children's toys that have rainbow patterns.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #27590 on: July 1, 2022, 11:53:11 am »
The phrase ‘dirty cheating bastards’ springs to mind.

I’m so glad CAS exonerated them, otherwise things like this might make me believe they were guilty of lying and cheating.
That's propaganda - they weren't exonerated, their punishment was found to be excessive so was downgraded from a two year ban to a £30m fine. They were still guilty of everything they were accused of.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27591 on: July 1, 2022, 11:54:01 am »
That's propaganda - they weren't exonerated, their punishment was found to be excessive so was downgraded from a two year ban to a £30m fine. They were still guilty of everything they were accused of.
Yeah I know, I wasn’t being entirely serious…

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27592 on: July 1, 2022, 07:27:34 pm »
Shame to see Stefan Ortega sign for this lot today.

He’s a very talented goalie, certainly better than lot of number 1 goalies both in PL and Buli, but has decided to take the dirty oil money getting splinters in his arse.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27593 on: July 1, 2022, 08:12:42 pm »

But they aren't cheats are they?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27594 on: July 2, 2022, 12:12:03 am »
They’re selling a 25 year old Japanese footballer, who signed in 2019, has never set foot at their training ground - he went out on loan immediately- to Monchengladbach for £5m. I wonder how many of these players do City Group own to fudge FFP? It’s not like he’s an academy player, or he was signed at 18. He was 22 when they signed him and they had no intention of sending him to the club. 

Maybe I’m being cynical and it’s all down to a work permit issue. But I can’t find anything that says that.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27595 on: July 2, 2022, 03:43:55 am »
Shame to see Stefan Ortega sign for this lot today.

He’s a very talented goalie, certainly better than lot of number 1 goalies both in PL and Buli, but has decided to take the dirty oil money getting splinters in his arse.

I guess he might feel he can fight with Ederson for the number 1 spot. Ederson is a poor keeper, not sure why he is untouchable.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27596 on: July 2, 2022, 07:13:49 am »
I guess he might feel he can fight with Ederson for the number 1 spot. Ederson is a poor keeper, not sure why he is untouchable.
Ederson is an elite stop preventer and passer. I think he the Steffan Replacement.
Also Ortega is a 6'1 keeper. Havnt seen him much though. Doubt Pep would bring in a keeper who not a sweep type though

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27597 on: July 2, 2022, 07:19:16 am »

They exploited the statute of limitations to the full extent, i thought?

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27598 on: July 2, 2022, 07:26:20 am »
They exploited the statute of limitations to the full extent, i thought?
They clearly knew about Uefa’s ridiculous 5 year limitation and instructed their FOUR legal firms to obstruct the investigation until 5 years after the most damning evidence. A complete farce.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."