Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5737142 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
We wouldn’t have signed Jesus if it wasn’t for Arteta.
He’s been there less than 3 years, the team has been totally overhauled from one of ageing depression to to one with an exciting future. He also won a trophy and got us fighting for CL places with a team that’s only getting better.
Arsenal fans realize where we were/are, no point living in the past, we had to restart from a very low point and now we are on an upward curve, even the disappointment of missing out on CL last season has been replaced with a lot of optimism. Both Arteta and Edu are doing the right things, and the board to be fair, after silent Stan failed miserably for a decade, his son josh seem to be on the ball. Their teams have won the nfl and the nhl in the US this season and they seem to be getting smarter at putting winning teams together.

Look, I don't mind you. You've spent a fortune in recent years (admittedly, your own money), and you are nowhere near challenging us. You can go on like this for another 10 years, and I won't be bothered ...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Fuck me hes 29, why does he play like a 37 year old.

Jesus will do the biz, its an exciting signing.

he does seem to have been around forever, as I remember being surprised when I realised he was just 28 when he went there, which for a central defender is basically supposed to be starting their prime years! But I guess he might have used many of his up.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
so they now have Jesus and Mohamed (Elneny), who do they need next?

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
could get Luke Shaw in and have the trilogy: Jesus , Mohamed and Bhudda
JFT 96

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Is Victor Moses still playing?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Get Fowler in too.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
could get Luke Shaw in and have the trilogy: Jesus , Mohamed and Bhudda
;D

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Harry K?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Tammy Abraham?
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan

A new pivot midfielder might be next on the agenda.

If we need to rely on Elneny long term....well we can cue the Jesus turning water into wine jokes.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2022, 08:32:20 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Danny Drinkwater?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
A new pivot midfielder might be next on the agenda.

If we need to rely on Elneny long term....well we can cue the Jesus turning water into wine jokes.
Is there something Arteta sees in Elneny and Xhaka that we all don't see? I think Goundouzi was twice the player of both of them.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Yeah Guendouzi is a good young player, excellent at times. The fee Marseille have paid is a steal. He apparently had his attitude issues but he was still young. Genuine question - did Arteta try and work this through and discipline him or just bomb him out straight away?

He's a twat by all accounts but only just turned 23. Rumours were that Arteta wasn't going to give Saliba another crack of the whip but that seems to be untrue based on early murmurs for this season.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
Guendouzi is an idiot, Saliba is top class and was never leaving, Sampaoli even quit because they couldn’t sign him permanently.

In other news, very bad reports , footballer arrested in north London accusation of rape. Name unconfirmed but it’s looking likely that it might be one of ours.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Guendouzi is an idiot, Saliba is top class and was never leaving, Sampaoli even quit because they couldn’t sign him permanently.

In other news, very bad reports , footballer arrested in north London accusation of rape. Name unconfirmed but it’s looking likely that it might be one of ours.

They won't say who it is, but revealed his age, he's an international (aren't most PL players?) , and he was arrested at a property in Barnet I think. Can't be too wide a field after that.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They won't say who it is, but revealed his age, he's an international (aren't most PL players?) , and he was arrested at a property in Barnet I think. Can't be too wide a field after that.

If it is an Arsenal player it's one of two.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
Is there something Arteta sees in Elneny and Xhaka that we all don't see? I think Goundouzi was twice the player of both of them.

Guendouzi wasn't shifted because of his football ability. He was shifted because he didn't toe the party line. There were a few different incidents including on tour in the middle east, then the Brighton incident happened and instead of climbing down I think he went all confrontational. There was only going to be 1 winner then with a new manager trying to establish his authority.

The obligation deals for Guendouzi and Mavropanos were shocking bits of business, there was no need to agree so little a fee for both, just don't include the obligation in the first place. We've probably lost about Ł20M off the market value of them both, and I'd say that's me being generous.

Thats what I was hinting at with my post looking for a new pivot, I just didn't want to bring it up because threads are being shut down because of it elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2022, 12:06:20 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Who's 29 at Arsenal?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
Who's 29 at Arsenal?

Who plays as our holding midfielder, and why I'm saying we might need a replacement?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I really can't stand when they do that. Its not fucking Cluedo, if a woman's been sexually assaulted we shouldn't really be playing Guess Who based on a few little snippets of information, and equally we shouldn't be going 'Oh so its someone from North London, age 29, going to the WC' and then just guessing at names.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
Who plays as our holding midfielder, and why I'm saying we might need a replacement?

I think he needed replacing about 5 years ago :D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

There are no rock-solid links are there?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
I think he needed replacing about 5 years ago :D

I think you might be thinking of the wrong 1, he only signed a couple of years ago.

There are no rock-solid links are there?

There's not, but that's because we didn't think we'd have to replace him until the last day or so's news (if true of course).

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't understand why they do release that information. It then creates worse situations because people are morbidly curious. We know Partey and Xhaka are the two Arsenal players who match the description. Both will now probably get dog's abuse online and in Partey's case probably racial abuse, even though one or both of them will be innocent of any wrong doing.

It's like with Sigurdsson at Everton, he was the guilty party but because Fabian Delph matched the description he was accused of atrocious crimes online.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
I think you might be thinking of the wrong 1, he only signed a couple of years ago.

Oh really? Ok you need two new ones :P

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
I don't understand why they do release that information. It then creates worse situations because people are morbidly curious. We know Partey and Xhaka are the two Arsenal players who match the description. Both will now probably get dog's abuse online and in Partey's case probably racial abuse, even though one or both of them will be innocent of any wrong doing.

It's like with Sigurdsson at Everton, he was the guilty party but because Fabian Delph matched the description he was accused of atrocious crimes online.

Yeah, Ben Davies is on his honeymoon and has pretty much been forced to post a photo on social media (and his wife has apparently too) to prove it as his name was being bandied about yesterday as well.

People are so wrapped up in defending their club's players and trying to blame others that they don't even consider the alleged victim either.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And to think TNB was complaining that the season always starts with an away derby game.  This kind of gossip is really going to screw their preparations.

Is it me or is there far much of this shitty behaviour happening with PL players ? I tihnk I asked it elsewhere a week ago. There seem to be more arrested people right now than there have been in total for decades.
(No names mentioned , so I'm not assuming guilt one way or another, for a mystery player that might , or might not play for the gunners)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, Ben Davies is on his honeymoon and has pretty much been forced to post a photo on social media (and his wife has apparently too) to prove it as his name was being bandied about yesterday as well.

People are so wrapped up in defending their club's players and trying to blame others that they don't even consider the alleged victim either.
Horrible isn't in. Just don't say anything until there's a trial or don't state they're a footballer. Just 'a man has been arrested etc.'

Feel for Davies there. Should be relaxing and enjoying his honeymoon and he has to worry about sending photographic proof for the inspection of nobodies on the internet to prove he's not a rapist. Fucking world we live in. Partey is in Germany with the Arsenal squad and Xhaka posted a holiday photo with his family, you do wonder if he'd have bothered if he didn't fit the description.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
And to think TNB was complaining that the season always starts with an away derby game.  This kind of gossip is really going to screw their preparations.

Is it me or is there far much of this shitty behaviour happening with PL players ? I tihnk I asked it elsewhere a week ago. There seem to be more arrested people right now than there have been in total for decades.
(No names mentioned , so I'm not assuming guilt one way or another, for a mystery player that might , or might not play for the gunners)

Think victims are just more empowered to come forward now. I'd say it's probably happening less than ever before, if anything.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
When Danny thirsty.
After which Danny Passwater
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Whoever the player is, another woman has come forward with a similar allegation, apparently.

Offline dimitri

• Kopite
Looks like club-record signing Pepe is looking for an exit - 2 years left on his contract.
First it was Aubameyang, after him Lacazette - don't feed me the too old bullshit. Pepe now.

Torreira and Guendouzi don't/ didn't want to know - what are they smoking their @ the Emirates???
« Last Edit: July 5, 2022, 07:01:30 pm by dimitri »

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

All 29 in the Arsenal squad,
how is it known that it's an Arsenal player the allegation is being made against?

I was just wondering if I'd find similar speculation if I wandered into the Spurs thread.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Looks like club-record signing Pepe is looking for an exit - 2 years left on his contract.
First it was Aubameyang, after him Lacazette - don't feed me the too old bullshit. Pepe now.

Torreira and Guendouzi don't/ didn't want to know - what are they smoling their @ the Emirates???

They’re all trouble makers
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe it's best not to speculate about this.

And more fun to discuss what a colossal waste of money Pepe has been.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline dimitri

• Kopite
They’re all trouble makers
Lacazette & Pepe??

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan

Torreira and Guendouzi don't/ didn't want to know - what are they smoking their @ the Emirates???

Your mistaking them wanting out with the club wanting rid.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lacazette & Pepe??

Big time. Saliba too (if he ends up being shit). And Leno, he’s a trouble maker