Author Topic: Liverpool Transfers - A world record?  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
Liverpool Transfers - A world record?
« on: January 23, 2010, 03:30:06 pm »
Ignoring the stickies at the top of the page, outof 34 threads on the front page of the Boys Own wish list sorry, transfer forum, 21 are locked.

Looks almost as great as the content.

Why not delete them and offer holidays as prizes?
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Transfers - A world record?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 03:31:40 pm »
If they're left locked then people can see that the rumour has been posted and it's not considered worthy of discussion, rather than just constantly deleting them.

Though that still doesn't deter the more...intrepid RAWKites.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 03:33:40 pm »
Macedonian_Red would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky mods.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:52:50 pm »
We just re-use the last Summer/January transfer thread rather than create a new one every 6 months. If you look back through it you'll see stories about Beckham and Anelka joining and all sorts of wondrous nonsense.

Basically we'd have to delete all 35 pages going back 3 or 4 years otherwise when we deleted those 21 locked topics they would just be replaced by 21 even older stories from the next page.

Looks to me like the Transfer Mods are doing a stand-up job and locking stories when they are no longer relevant.

Don't see as problem myself.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

hoonin

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:39:46 pm »
Looks to me like the Transfer Mods are doing a stand-up job and locking stories when they are no longer relevant.

Agree Alan. They're shaping up nicely for the final vote when Sarge is commissioned to run a "Best Transfer Mod" poll. :D

Seriously though, well played lads and thanks for the help. The transfer forum is a happy medium between all or nothing and having some extra hands on board helps in deciding how to make it workable.

As Zappa points out though, the problem is the content and every single person who posts in there is responsible for their own.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 10:17:50 pm »
Macedonian_Red would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky mods.
:D

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 04:41:55 pm »
Would it be appropriate to point out that I am in advanced talks to join Liverpool on a free this window.

Slight problem, there is only me talking

The voices.... they made me do it you know!
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Pheeny

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 04:42:52 pm »
Would it be appropriate to point out that I am in advanced talks to join Liverpool on a free this window.

Slight problem, there is only me talking

The voices.... they made me do it you know!
who's your agent,Robbie?

hoonin

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 05:45:39 pm »
who's your agent,Robbie?

Haha :D

If it came down to a vote of which Family ran the club they'd get my vote over the current muppets.

Pheeny

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 05:56:12 pm »
Haha :D

If it came down to a vote of which Family ran the club they'd get my vote over the current muppets.
;D

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 12:23:37 am »
who's your agent,Robbie?

Nope fuck all got to do with me.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 11:50:14 pm »
Me and our Vic would sort the squad out no problem, good Kop, bad Kop, etc.

I'd have them all with No 1's (Skin heads) in case you don't know what that is, in early, but not too early, say 06.00 in the morning, breakfast, watching some of our greatest performances, followed by desert, watching/reading fan's stories how they beg steal and borrow just to get to the game, followed by a juice whilst watching all of our European Cup wins.

Training: Tommy Smith would be in control, make them fucking nearly die on the training pitch, followed by Jimmy Case who'd teach them to give 100% and again, die for the cause, yet, just keep that little bit back, hand's and knee's job, for dinner time.

None of this mumbo jumbo music for me, ear phones, I pods, mobiles, not allowed, they sit having dinner, whilst listening to the Spion Kop in full voice, all the song's, everyone.

Afternoon training, a easy rest from Tommy, I'd have  Phil Thompson on the scene, hard man is Phil, takes no shit. Work the fuckers until they are on their knees, drag em back in shave and a shower, time to relax?

You can drink as much as you like lads, as long as it's only water or juice, time to get up and around the local comminity, and give something back, No offence Bernie from Brazil or Nigel from the Netherlands, but the club needs to focus on it's local support.

Next up, a trip to one of the local school's, any school will do, the  room erupts as you walk in, they love you, hang your pictures on the wall, even wear Ryan Babel undies every day of the week.

One of the player's then ask's "That's incredible, I'm really truley touched" we go all over the World, meet fan's from every corner of the globe, with a tear in his eye, he say's, You boy's must love going to Anfield, feel really proud putting something back into our community, a deadly silence...

The COCK of the school stands up, wearing a LFC kit underneath his school togger, a wee JUSTICE badge upon his coat pocket, Nah mate, no one in here get get to the match, we are the hidden wealth , that the club don't want to recognise, my arl fella tell's my stories about the Boy's Pen when he was a lad. We have to sit in front of snidey c*nt reporters listening to snide remarks about the Pool, does your head in mate.

Not just about the players, also the fan's, the saddest thing about this is, the club don't give a fucking shit who you are as long as you pay the price, we are close to losing our identity, how many from the old day's still go, I see less and less.

What's our name?

LIVERPOOL.

An arl song for you that Vic.  ;)
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 11:31:27 am »
amen Robbie, amen. That should be above the bloody This Is Anfield sign.
Yep.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 12:14:50 pm »
amen Robbie, amen. That should be above the bloody This Is Anfield sign.

The players wouldn't be out until half three. Or quarter past eight or whatever. :butt

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 01:31:02 pm »
ha ha ha
Yep.