Author Topic: Wearing a dress to Anfield on match day  (Read 12266 times)

Offline MrZippo

• Kemlynite
Re: Wearing a dress to Anfield on match day
« Reply #40 on: September 9, 2023, 05:53:34 pm »
I guess you all make fair points, I will have a chat with the gf and plead my case. Just being there will be special enough and like you said soaking in the atmosphere. Thanks for the input :)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #41 on: September 9, 2023, 07:32:11 pm »
I guess you all make fair points, I will have a chat with the gf and plead my case. Just being there will be special enough and like you said soaking in the atmosphere. Thanks for the input :)
I'm all for a bit of fun, but I wouldn't do it myself.

There will be 50,000 people there, and it only takes one nasty idiot to ruin your day. Personally, I'd just go and enjoy the day without distraction and any nagging worry in the back of my mind.

Whatever you decide, have a great time and hopefully a win to look back on.

Edit: In these days of social media it's always worth asking yourself if you'd be happy if some clown took a sly photo of you then put it up online with negative comments attached? If so, no worries, but it's something to consider.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2023, 07:34:35 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: September 9, 2023, 07:44:02 pm »

You should mention going into town before going to the ground.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #43 on: September 9, 2023, 07:56:48 pm »
Just tell everyone you're Chris de Burgh's wife.
Or Chris's Wifes Husband in a dress

So Chris De Burgh then

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 9, 2023, 08:01:58 pm »
You won't get turned away. In this day and age, cross-dressing is (officially) fine.

However, I also agree that you'll look like an idiot as it's not what people do when they go the match. It's not a party or a stag do. If you were normally wearing dresses, that'd be fine, but doing it to spruce up your day just seems odd. I mean, people used to go in Sunday suit and tie in years past. These days, its all about dressing up but not looking dressed up, lol. And lots will say that only wools wear Liverpool shirts to the match.

He may look good in a dress.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 9, 2023, 08:06:50 pm »
I say go for it. Life is too short to care about some idiot saying something among the majority who won’t give a shit. In the words of Kurt Vonnegut “we’re here on Earth to fart around”.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #46 on: September 9, 2023, 08:47:58 pm »
He may look good in a dress.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjXpSPGFGDg&amp;ab_channel=theasianandthejew" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zjXpSPGFGDg&amp;ab_channel=theasianandthejew</a>

'No!. Youd say 'You look nice .....John'

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #47 on: September 9, 2023, 09:41:15 pm »
bad wool
Just go the match and enjoy it, rather than making an attention seeking scene by acting like the wooliest of wools.

Is the right answer 😁
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 9, 2023, 09:59:38 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 9, 2023, 10:10:20 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjXpSPGFGDg&amp;ab_channel=theasianandthejew" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zjXpSPGFGDg&amp;ab_channel=theasianandthejew</a>

'No!. Youd say 'You look nice .....John'

Hahaha ;D ;D

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 9, 2023, 10:11:55 pm »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 9, 2023, 11:12:21 pm »
Tell your missus to piss off ( in the nicest possible way), you're going the match not a fancy dress party. Turn up, enjoy the atmosphere, sing your heart out and enjoy the day. If you can't do that, give your ticket to someone who will.

I
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2023, 12:38:35 am »
I say go for it. And if you need any advice where to go for a good time pre-match or “good craic” let me know.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2023, 12:48:24 am »
Whatever you do, do not follow Peabee into a basement.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2023, 01:04:38 am »
Whatever you do, do not follow Peabee into a basement.

I say live dangerously.

;D

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2023, 02:24:48 pm »
Hi there fellow Kopites,

I will be attending my first ever home match at Anfield for the upcoming West ham game on the 24th September.
My girlfriend managed to get us hospitality tickets as a birthday present for me (I am so lucky!).

Anyway in a bizarre turn of events. She suggested that we switch attire for the day in that she will wear my men's home shirt and I wear her Liverpool FC red polo dress to make the day more interesting 😂

I am just wondering if this would be ok to do and would I get refused entry into the stadium due to the "dress code"?
Has anyone done this before?
Any help and advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t know where to start 😂

Consider wearing normal attire to enjoy the experience.

But I’m sure you’ll be fine if you wish to wear a lady’s football kit with high heels to the game.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2023, 03:54:51 pm »
I don’t know where to start 😂

Consider wearing normal attire to enjoy the experience.

But I’m sure you’ll be fine if you wish to wear a lady’s football kit with high heels to the game.

When did a dress become not "normal" attire?

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2023, 04:02:12 pm »
When did a dress become not "normal" attire?

Tbf on the context of the thread, a dress is not normal attire for this individual

But yeah do as you please. I don't think you have to do it to spice up your first match, but if you wish to thats your prerogative and nothing is in place to stop you

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2023, 04:13:36 pm »
Tbf on the context of the thread, a dress is not normal attire for this individual

But yeah do as you please. I don't think you have to do it to spice up your first match, but if you wish to thats your prerogative and nothing is in place to stop you

Strapless, then...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2023, 05:43:51 pm »
Been going to Anfield for 50 years and have never once contemplated wearing a frock or anything with high heels. Wear something that's comfortable. Remember that there's often little leg room in front of the seats and the steps are trip-able. You'll feel a prize idiot if you miss the game because you fell over on the way to your seat due to wearing unsuitable clothing.
Never thought I'd need to be giving this advice   ::)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2023, 05:45:42 pm »
Strapless, then...

He should definitely go strapless with bright pink lippy - it will make it a super memorable occasion for him.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2023, 05:50:00 pm »
How times change, eh.

The dilemma I had when going to games in the 70s centred on whether to wear my black or cherry red Doc Martens.

Edit: This is a comment on how life and culture changes over time. Not a dig at the OP.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 09:47:12 pm by Son of Spion »

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2023, 06:51:33 pm »
Can we ease up on the bantering of the OP please.

While you may or may not agree with his suggested attire. There's no need to belittle his choices, tell him how to manage his relationship, or even suggest not going to the match.

I see a lot of things at matches, and in everyday life, that I wouldn't wear. But as long as it's not harming me, it's none of my business.

To the OP, wear what you want. The club won't turn you away as long as you're appropriately covered. If you and your girlfriend enjoy dressing up, go for it and enjoy your day.

Hope you have a great time!

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2023, 09:46:08 pm »
Yeah let’s all wear fancy dress to the game, will look great on the telly.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2023, 10:08:32 pm »
Yeah let’s all wear fancy dress to the game, will look great on the telly.
Who cares what it looks like on the telly? Btw, nobody cares about it at the cricket.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2023, 10:28:40 pm »
Can we ease up on the bantering of the OP please.

While you may or may not agree with his suggested attire. There's no need to belittle his choices, tell him how to manage his relationship, or even suggest not going to the match.

I see a lot of things at matches, and in everyday life, that I wouldn't wear. But as long as it's not harming me, it's none of my business.

To the OP, wear what you want. The club won't turn you away as long as you're appropriately covered. If you and your girlfriend enjoy dressing up, go for it and enjoy your day.

Hope you have a great time!

Well said  :thumbup

More than a hint of angry white man syndrome in this thread.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2023, 10:30:05 pm »
Who cares what it looks like on the telly? Btw, nobody cares about it at the cricket.

Not sure the Oval is something we should be aspiring to be like

Online macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2023, 10:40:43 pm »
Well said  :thumbup

More than a hint of angry white man syndrome in this thread.

Is it tho? Not seen anyone arsed about if it was a fella turning up in something he feels more comfortable in. What I see is someone thinking they should be playing fancy dress to make the match a fun thing.

And people have whinged about the atmosphere being long gone. Anfield should be an intimidating place. And the way he has described it is making a twat out of what it should be, making it something to be silly about.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 10:42:32 pm by macca007 »

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2023, 10:53:17 pm »
Hi there fellow Kopites,

I will be attending my first ever home match at Anfield for the upcoming West ham game on the 24th September.
My girlfriend managed to get us hospitality tickets as a birthday present for me (I am so lucky!).

Anyway in a bizarre turn of events. She suggested that we switch attire for the day in that she will wear my men's home shirt and I wear her Liverpool FC red polo dress to make the day more interesting 😂

I am just wondering if this would be ok to do and would I get refused entry into the stadium due to the "dress code"?
Has anyone done this before?
Any help and advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Go for it! I hope you and your girlfriend have a wonderful time. Anfield is an amazing stadium to visit.

Offline MrZippo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2023, 10:00:20 am »
Oh dear, I didn't mean for this to kick up a mini storm.
Sorry for any truffle caused.
I can reassure you all that I am a diehard Liverpool fan just like all of you here. I just happen to not be lucky enough to live near Liverpool.

Thanks for all those that have taken the time to respond.
After having a chat with the girlfriend over the weekend, we have decided not to do this and just go as "normal", enjoy the match, soak in the atmosphere and support the team to hopefully what will be an experience to look back on with great fondness as years go by.

Serious question, why are half scarfs frowned upon? Is it due to them being seen as "day trippers"?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 10:03:13 am by MrZippo »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2023, 10:02:57 am »
You could wear a pink tutu with diamante hoop earrings, you'd still look less embarrassing than someone in an Everton shirt.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2023, 10:03:31 am »
I think it would be easier to enjoy the match if you weren't worried about people looking at you the whole time. I think it's a bit of an odd suggestion from your partner to be honest but if you want to do it then do it.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline MrZippo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2023, 10:04:03 am »
You could wear a pink tutu with diamante hoop earrings, you'd still look less embarrassing than someone in an Everton shirt.

🤣 That's soooooooo true!!

Offline MrZippo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2023, 10:09:43 am »
I think it would be easier to enjoy the match if you weren't worried about people looking at you the whole time. I think it's a bit of an odd suggestion from your partner to be honest but if you want to do it then do it.

Whilst it seems odd there is actually a reason for this. I actually met her dressed up in fancy dress at a Halloween party a good few years ago.
She has taken a liking to it and we have been on a few dates where we have swapped "roles" just to add that bit of fun.
It's can seem odd or weird but we keep it sensible and don't wear or do anything outrageous. As long as we are not doing anything to harm others.
In this case, we had a good chat this weekend and decided probably best not do it for match at Anfield but maybe something to do in the evening in the centre after the match. :)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2023, 10:35:22 am »
Definitely a Mortimer / Whitehouse fishing trip...but hats off, you hooked a few  8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2023, 10:40:39 am »
You don’t really see many women In dresses at the match. 
Someone mentioned leg room, there is probably a bit in this. It may well detract from your experience.

Have a good day whatever you decide
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2023, 10:53:25 am »
You don’t really see many women In dresses at the match. 
Someone mentioned leg room, there is probably a bit in this. It may well detract from your experience.
Women's clothes are seldom designed for practical reasons. I've never regarded myself as a fashion victim but even I've been caught out. The long (tight) pencil skirt that I thought I looked lovely in turned out to be a nightmare getting onto a bus into town - like trying to negotiate steps with your knees strapped together. Wear something comfortable (preferably with some red in it) and just concentrate on enjoying the occasion

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2023, 10:55:09 am »

Serious question, why are half scarfs frowned upon? Is it due to them being seen as "day trippers"?

A scarf is a sign of support. Is half of your support for the other team?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2023, 10:59:00 am »
How times change, eh.

The dilemma I had when going to games in the 70s centred on whether to wear my black or cherry red Doc Martens.

Edit: This is a comment on how life and culture changes over time. Not a dig at the OP.

;D

Or trainers you can run in and clothes that won't stand out too much.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2023, 11:05:04 am »
Women's clothes are seldom designed for practical reasons. I've never regarded myself as a fashion victim but even I've been caught out. The long (tight) pencil skirt that I thought I looked lovely in turned out to be a nightmare getting onto a bus into town - like trying to negotiate steps with your knees strapped together. Wear something comfortable (preferably with some red in it) and just concentrate on enjoying the occasion

Oh tell me about it. Pencil skirts, bloody nightmare.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.