Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 853723 times)

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #12600 on: May 28, 2020, 02:14:54 pm »
John Percy @JPercyTelegraph

From today's Premier League meeting: majority of clubs are keen to restart season on June 19/20, with the season to conclude on/by August 1. #ProjectRestart

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12601 on: May 28, 2020, 02:16:31 pm »
I wonder if Fabinho putting his arm round that woman might push the start date back though. Disgusting if it does and we’ll need to discipline him severely.

Only fair to cut off that arm.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12602 on: May 28, 2020, 02:18:04 pm »
Let's say the police and chippy tits decide Liverpool has to play all their remaining games at neutral venues while Manchester City can play at their stadium because they have no fans: how is that equitable? Who decides whose support will behave and whose won't?

Apart from the fact we should feel insulted if it's decided we can't behave but other fans can, I would hope the club wouldn't kick up a fuss about the actual playing of a game at a neutral venue. Although it's obviously nice, especially if we'd get to lift the PL trophy at Anfield, I think the German games so far have shown home advantage isn't really showing in an empty ground.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12603 on: May 28, 2020, 02:18:43 pm »
I wonder if Fabinho putting his arm round that woman might push the start date back though. Disgusting if it does and we’ll need to discipline him severely.

;D

I've heard it was actually Troy Deeney's mum in the picture.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12604 on: May 28, 2020, 02:23:08 pm »
Why would Clubs have no give any money back to broadcasters, if anything the viewing figures would probably be larger than before.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12605 on: May 28, 2020, 02:25:10 pm »

He was browsing his phone with his other hand. Chop them both off.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12606 on: May 28, 2020, 02:26:24 pm »
He was browsing his phone with his other hand. Chop them both off.

He clearly had 6 fingers on one hand. Fake photo.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12607 on: May 28, 2020, 02:27:19 pm »
Why would Clubs have no give any money back to broadcasters, if anything the viewing figures would probably be larger than before.
no crowds means the experience is worse, as part of the reason the deals are so big are the big crowds at the games compared to Italy and Spain

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12608 on: May 28, 2020, 02:28:35 pm »
Hopefully giving money back leaves a sour taste in the mouth, so clubs look to streaming platforms next time it's renewed. Cut Sky and BT off.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12609 on: May 28, 2020, 02:35:47 pm »
Hopefully giving money back leaves a sour taste in the mouth, so clubs look to streaming platforms next time it's renewed. Cut Sky and BT off.

The small clubs will be shitting themselves if it goes that way, paying to watch Burnley v Palace on a Monday night, whats that worth, ten bob?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12610 on: May 28, 2020, 02:35:48 pm »
no crowds means the experience is worse, as part of the reason the deals are so big are the big crowds at the games compared to Italy and Spain

The Bundesliga (or broadcasters) have added fan noise so when you're watching it, you forget there's no crowd.

So as there's no fans in the stadium, they're asking for a 350m rebate for the remaining games. Even though their viewing figures maybe higher due to the current lockdown measures. Hmmm

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12611 on: May 28, 2020, 02:35:49 pm »
When are the fixtures likely to be announced?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12612 on: May 28, 2020, 02:36:29 pm »
We're playing Everton next.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12613 on: May 28, 2020, 02:36:46 pm »

The social media from the club have got a few clips and photos of him today. It could be because it’s the date he joined but I’ve got a suspicion it’s a tribute because he’s been sacked.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12614 on: May 28, 2020, 02:36:52 pm »

Hang him from the roof of the kop and let the crows peck his eyes out.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12615 on: May 28, 2020, 02:39:04 pm »
The social media from the club have got a few clips and photos of him today. It could be because it’s the date he joined but I’ve got a suspicion it’s a tribute because he’s been sacked.

The most shameful thing about it all was that he was driving a car that's 2 years old. Are we not paying him enough or what?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12616 on: May 28, 2020, 02:45:31 pm »
@JBurtTelegraph reporting that the Premier League will restart on Wed June 17:
Aston Villa v Sheffield United, Manchester City v Arsenal.
That would take all teams to 29 games played -- sensible -- and then next round of games would be staggered over w/end of June 19/20/21

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12617 on: May 28, 2020, 02:46:48 pm »
That would take all teams to 29 games played -- sensible -- and then next round of games would be staggered over w/end of June 19/20/21

Full article below;

The Premier League season will resume on Wednesday June 17 – with Aston Villa at home to Sheffield United and Manchester City hosting Arsenal.

The two matches are in the ‘games in hand’ that will take all the 20 clubs up to 29 matches and have huge ramifications at both ends o the table.

Another Premier League game may be played on Friday June 19 but the full round of fixtures will start on Saturday June 20 with matches staggered across the weekend.

The timetable was put to the clubs at their shareholders meeting which is taking place on Thursday to decide a raft of issues.

The scheduling of matches for ‘Project Restart’ is key with the Premier League hoping to complete the season by the weekend of August 1 and 2. It means the FA Cup Final is set to take place the following Saturday.

Playing the two outstanding games first will allow all the clubs to fall in line with the number of games played. Villa are desperate to get out of the bottom three while Sheffield United are vying for European football.‘

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12618 on: May 28, 2020, 02:47:34 pm »

That makes sense I guess. In that if there’s any further curtailment at least everyone should have played the same number of games, making it easier to bin off 3 teams.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12619 on: May 28, 2020, 02:47:38 pm »

Why does everyone want the Prem to be as unfair as the Spanish league ?

I get being annoyed with the smaller clubs but that really isn't the way forward. I looked down on La Liga for how Barca and Real completely dominate the La Liga TV money, and I'm proud it's as even as it is in the Prem.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12620 on: May 28, 2020, 02:48:07 pm »
With those fixtures we’ll be champions by the weekend.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12621 on: May 28, 2020, 02:48:33 pm »
The small clubs will be shitting themselves if it goes that way, paying to watch Burnley v Palace on a Monday night, whats that worth, ten bob?

Either clubs strike individual streaming deals, or Netflix/Amazon come in and buy the lot. Either would be fine with me.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12622 on: May 28, 2020, 02:49:16 pm »
Selfishly I am hoping we play on the 21st instead as I just volunteered to work on a work project for the 20th yesterday :D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12623 on: May 28, 2020, 02:52:23 pm »
Such a shame that most fans won't be watching the football on resumption because lives are more important.

Online Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12624 on: May 28, 2020, 02:53:45 pm »

Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12625 on: May 28, 2020, 02:55:04 pm »
The Premier League rightly gets a lot of grief for how they handle certain things, but they've done pretty fantastically to get things to this point so fair play to them. Playing the two "game in hands" first is another great idea.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12626 on: May 28, 2020, 02:55:37 pm »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12627 on: May 28, 2020, 02:56:31 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12628 on: May 28, 2020, 02:56:39 pm »
TNB your boys are getting fucked in that first game but don't let us down mate.  :wave

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12629 on: May 28, 2020, 02:59:15 pm »
I think disgraceful is a little strong, don't you reckon?

Was Fabinho holding his phone at the time?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12630 on: May 28, 2020, 03:01:32 pm »
The Premier League rightly gets a lot of grief for how they handle certain things, but they've done pretty fantastically to get things to this point so fair play to them. Playing the two "game in hands" first is another great idea.

Bit unfair on the hamstrings of those playing that first fixture back, and then again at the weekend (unless they're giving them a week?)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12631 on: May 28, 2020, 03:01:55 pm »
Was Fabinho holding his phone at the time?

Not just that but he was being interviewed, it doesn’t get any worse. Well unless he’d coughed on Troy Deeney, but that’s impossible since he’ll be isolating until December 2021.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12632 on: May 28, 2020, 03:04:16 pm »
Bit unfair on the hamstrings of those playing that first fixture back, and then again at the weekend (unless they're giving them a week?)

You appear to be relishing the role of Devil's Advocate, Carra :D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12633 on: May 28, 2020, 03:08:10 pm »

They’d probably play their weekend game on the Monday? Although I’m all for making them play Wednesday/Friday. Test their resolve.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12634 on: May 28, 2020, 03:10:23 pm »

Who gives a fuck? Just get the points we need and fuck them all off.

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12635 on: May 28, 2020, 03:11:42 pm »

...and won't we be hearing about it from Guardiola and Manchester City's mouthpieces.  ;D

"Tainted title because we had to play two games in a week".

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #12636 on: May 28, 2020, 03:17:07 pm »
TNB your boys are getting fucked in that first game but don't let us down mate.  :wave

Nah, Arteta winning this one is like full circle after his diagnosis.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12637 on: May 28, 2020, 03:17:28 pm »
Sky Sports News as on it as ever - still reporting that Deeney’s decision to return to training is the latest boost for Project Restart.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12638 on: May 28, 2020, 03:19:00 pm »
Where is the official confirmation of the season starting up again on June 17th? Seeing a couple of papers running with it but need that sweet, sweet EPL statement before I start to lose my shit with excitement.

Offline ljycb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12639 on: May 28, 2020, 03:20:08 pm »
Scrap that, the BBC have just announced it.