539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1450516 times)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Well that things getting thrashed by 100+ votes, surely the one that lost by 2 deserves another outing (not that this is how things should go :o)

The main thrust of it, time to debate, has been conceded by the government (to try and head off the defeat) so only need for it to go again if the government try to shut things down over the last few days left I suppose.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
There were rumours earlier today that they were softening and edging towards backing the May deal

Was that when Arlene was on the Beeb, talking about discussing it?.  If they flip then it's gotta be criminal, check bank accounts etc.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
So what's the next vote?

And what's the main vote tonight? I'm losing track

Currently being voted on is Corbyn's nonsense which will go down.

After that is the Bryant amendment designed to stop May putting her deal to parliament again and again. Will be very interesting to see if that one goes through.

After that is the main motion on extending A50.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And now the BBC have said Bryant won't put his amendment to the vote.

Jesus fucking Christ the state of these twats.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.

MV3 next Tuesday (?). MPs have choice to vote for it or head into debate to find a consensus on a reason to extend Article 50.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
6 Labour MPs voted against the Benn amendment.

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
MV3 next Tuesday (?). MPs have choice to vote for it or head into debate to find a consensus on a reason to extend Article 50.

It's all heading towards May's deal getting through I think.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mays just gonna brute Force her deal through isn't she?

The whole commons is incompetent

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
It's all set up for MV3

Only Bercow-Wan Kenobi can save us now
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan

He might be relying on Bercow to do the work of the amendment for him. If Parliament rejected the amendment, it could be argued that it's also saying Parliament is happy to vote again in meaningful vote 3.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Some guy in front of Parliament is in good voice there in the BBC coverage. I like his song...

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
May is going to get her deal through.

There's not a majority to fight Brexit in the house.  The fucking wankers!!!

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
I feel I'm watching a foreign language film without subtitles...not knowing exactly what's really going on...but it's fascinating...and hilarious.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Some guy in front of Parliament is in good voice there in the BBC coverage. I like his song...

At one point I thought he was singing o come all ye faithful to Anfield...with Yoko  Ono.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
MV3: This time its personal.

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He might be relying on Bercow to do the work of the amendment for him. If Parliament rejected the amendment, it could be argued that it's also saying Parliament is happy to vote again in meaningful vote 3.

Highly doubt Bercow will stop MV3 to be honest. If it doesn't get through and she tries for MV4 I think that would be the time he'd intervene.

Huge risk of May's deal passing now.

Offline FaitAccompli

• Kopite
After a glimmer, only a glimmer mind, of hope last night, I'm back to feeling like Sarah Connor when she sees that she and everyone in the playground are about to get frazzled by the nuclear bomb released in the distance.

Ruth Smeeth has quit as Tom Watson's secretary so that she could vote against a second referendum...just...ugh

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
It's all heading towards May's deal getting through I think.

Unless one of the big opposing groups of MPs recognises they can't 'win', aye. But they're still all fixated on the idea that they can be the last option left.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
Highly doubt Bercow will stop MV3 to be honest. If it doesn't get through and she tries for MV4 I think that would be the time he'd intervene.

Huge risk of May's deal passing now.

Why not intervene now?

A motion or an amendment which is the same, in substance, as a question which has been decided during a session may not be brought forward again during that same session."

Even if Cox alters his legal advice, that's merely an option as to how the withdrawal agreement may function. The actual withdrawal agreement itself/the substance will be unchanged. The EU has said as much.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
6 Labour MPs voted against the Benn amendment.

Why would they do that?

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jaysus. What a mess
bollocks

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
Where's my hole gone

Offline FaitAccompli

• Kopite
Motion to extend article 50 passes. It’s 412 in favour, 202 against, a majority of 210.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Motion to extend article 50 passes. It’s 412 in favour, 202 against, a majority of 210.
Should we breathe a sigh of relief here?? Seems the only really positive outcome today.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
As we fucking were.

Fuck sake.

Suspect the PV March next weekend might be a bit more rowdy now.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 06:34:21 pm by Commie Bobbie »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline FaitAccompli

• Kopite
Should we breathe a sigh of relief here?? Seems the only really positive outcome today.

I don't know mate, I really don't know, as it doesn't rule out MV3 happening, and the EU could also tell us to piss off.

I suspect the likes of Zeb and Oldfordie will have a clearer idea of what might happen from here.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
The other opposition parties should have put forward Labour's exact plan in their own name. If Labour abstain on that, they look like twats; if Labour support the amendment but it falls, then Labour can't claim the House supports its plan.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
Why would they do that?

So that May and the Tory government can keep control of what happens next.

No, me neither.....

How often did May stand at the despatch box and state that the UK would definitely be leaving on March 29th.

She wasn't lying, was she?

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
On a side note does anyone think anything will change with our politicians in the future? Will people begin voting differently? Surely this entire shit show from our parliament has done enough for both sides to waken people up to the sheer incompetence, greed and arrogance that is running through our government now? For example, I was all in favour of Corbyn for PM before Brexit however if there was a general election tomorrow I wouldn't vote Labour nor will I ever with him in charge.

You'd think people will wake up however a part of me knows the general population of this country won't make themselves any more informed or advised about politics, than what they did when they ticked 'Leave' or 'Remain' 2 years ago.
Justice for the 97

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Means nothing if a single EU leader says no.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
On a side note does anyone think anything will change with our politicians in the future? Will people begin voting differently? Surely this entire shit show from our parliament has done enough for both sides to waken people up to the sheer incompetence, greed and arrogance that is running through our government now? For example, I was all in favour of Corbyn for PM before Brexit however if there was a general election tomorrow I wouldn't vote Labour nor will I ever with him in charge.

You'd think people will wake up however a part of me knows the general population of this country won't make themselves any more informed or advised about politics, than what they did when they ticked 'Leave' or 'Remain' 2 years ago.

No, not at all.

I think the public would rather have shit MPs to complain about than actually make the effort to hold them properly to account.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
I don't know mate, I really don't know, as it doesn't rule out MV3 happening, and the EU could also tell us to piss off.

I suspect the likes of Zeb and Oldfordie will have a clearer idea of what might happen from here.

Nah, wouldn't disagree with what you've said there. We need a reason for an extension, and even having a reason may not prevent the EU from telling us to fuck off etc. MV3 looks likely to happen next Tuesday. If it passes, extension to legislate to be out by June or whenever. If it doesn't pass, then Parliament needs a consensus for another reason or May will ask them to have a look at MV4 the week after that.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
What’s the reason for an extension?

EU won’t change the terms so we’re not going to get a new, better, deal. Surely it’s just delaying the inevitable?

I mean hopefully it means more time to persuade another ref but that seems unlikely.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
What’s the reason for an extension?

EU won’t change the terms so we’re not going to get a new, better, deal. Surely it’s just delaying the inevitable?

I mean hopefully it means more time to persuade another ref but that seems unlikely.
it very much depends, if May's deal passes they'll extend until 30th June to allow it to be ratified.

If it doesn't pass then I suspect Article 50 will be revoked
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
On a side note does anyone think anything will change with our politicians in the future? Will people begin voting differently?
Nothing will change. Too many people are genetically programmed to genuflect to these c*nts. 
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
it very much depends, if May's deal passes they'll extend until 30th June to allow it to be ratified.

Why?

It's like pulling teeth getting anywhere close to a referendum where's there'd only be a 50% chance of Brexit being cancelled. Revoking A50 is 100% cancelling Brexit. Absolutely no chance of this Parliament doing that IMO.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.

Unfortunately I think there’s more chance of leaving without a deal than not leaving at all.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Means nothing if a single EU leader says no.

BRITAIN: We need to persuade the EU to give us the extension we need. Surely they won't turn us down, why would they do that?

FARRAGE THE TRAITOR: Hold my beer

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
New (and important): The PM’s spokesperson says that the end date of the transition period will *not* change as a result of an Article 50 extension i.e the extra days the UK spends as an EU member state will eat into the transition period.

(via Business Insider's Adam Payne)

A long extension would therefore eat into the time to negotiate the future relationship and push us pretty quickly into the first (end of 2020) and then the second (end of 2022) cliff edges of transition. Anyone up for negotiating a future relationship with the EU in a couple of years? >_>

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
How do the People's Vote campaing, the Best for Britain campaign, and Alastair Campbell fit into that?

Out of interest, what kind of referendum would you like to have? If it's straight remain/leave like the last time, we'll get another unicorn campaing from the leave side, and no one will know what to do if they win. It has to be some sort of concrete leave deal v remain, so the softer the deal the better. It might even lead to hard Brexiters not voting at all.

Good luck to them suckering the electorate with that campaign again.  It's three years down the line and there's more than enough evidence for a sick to death of it population wont buy it a second time.  If they did, we may as well go Full Everton and do a hard brexit.  It's all we'd deserve.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art