Author Topic: Bournemouth delaid train compensation  (Read 697 times)

Offline ChrisSOSred

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Bournemouth delaid train compensation
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:16:19 pm »
Information for anyone who was delaid on the return train journey from Bournemouth on sat.

The uk train companys have compensation claim cover, called the passenger charter this gives full details of what to expect. Your entitled to a certain % refund of your ticket depending how long you were delaid for, example over a 2 hour delay on either leg of a return journey you will get 100% refund of the return ticket.
So for those of you whose journeys were delaid or cancelled on Saturday you have to contact the train operator to start your claim. I was travelling from Bournemouth via Southampton airport parkway to liverpool, changing at Wolverhampton on crosscountry trains, see details below.
Your claim has to go through the train company were the delay started so those going from Southampton to London, I think it is south west trains.

Some of the fans at Southampton airport station might have been given some wrong information on the night regarding overnight accommodation, the station staff told some groups of fans to go and get bed and breakfast and keep the receipt to get a refund, this was wrong your accommodation should have been sorted by the station manager and approved by the train company involved, i was put up in a premier inn at the airport and given a £25 voucher for food and drink on Saturday evening, those who sorted there own accommodation may have problems getting this refunded, the customer services of the train company involved will advise you what options you have to claim this back.

It's best to phone the customer services of the train company you were travelling with, there is usually a time limit of 21 days to start your claim. If you know anyone who was delaid let them know they can claim back there train fare.

The reason for all this was a freak storm in the bassingstoke area around 5pm which brought trees down on to the lines.

Crosscountry trains 08447 369 123. Customer Relations staff are available: 08.30 - 20.00 Monday to Friday and 09.00 - 16.00 Saturday

Good luck