Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1049042 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #14600 on: July 22, 2019, 10:52:15 am »
My mate used to live and work in Greece nearly 15 years ago. She thinks she may have a couple of grand in her bank account that's been sitting there since she left (2005). It's a HSBC account. Is there any way she can find out online if she can get this? Is it a simple case of setting up online banking as it would be here? She's given me the last bank statement she got from them, but it's hard to tell what the account number would be. Would she be best just calling HSBC?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14601 on: July 22, 2019, 10:52:31 am »
Wonderful news :thumbup
Cheers mate  :wave

A word of caution mate.

There may be no trace of it on his last scan, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it has gone.. let’s hope so, but it may not mean it’s a cure... good luck to him though
Yeah, I met up with him on Sunday and he's aware it might be back again.
He's just happy to have been given more time with his family  :thumbup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14602 on: July 22, 2019, 11:29:12 am »
My mate used to live and work in Greece nearly 15 years ago. She thinks she may have a couple of grand in her bank account that's been sitting there since she left (2005). It's a HSBC account. Is there any way she can find out online if she can get this? Is it a simple case of setting up online banking as it would be here? She's given me the last bank statement she got from them, but it's hard to tell what the account number would be. Would she be best just calling HSBC?

I'd personally just contact HSBC directly.
Jurgen YNWA

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #14603 on: July 24, 2019, 06:51:25 pm »

Was it a UK HSBC account or a Greek HSBC account?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14604 on: July 24, 2019, 08:43:13 pm »
I wonder if anyone knows.

If I was looking for new employment, how much do I have to divulge to a prospective employer regarding my health. (The same applies with my current employer as well, I suppose)

I've currently been refered to a neurologist by my GP. I'm quite concerned with some symptoms I've developed over the last couple of years, and although undiagnosed at this time, it may point towards a neurological disorder like Parkinson's Disease or something of that nature.

I have to say at this point, it could also point to side effects of medication I'm currently taking, for other ailments,  so might or might not be rectifiable, with a change of medication.

I was just wondering how much info regarding personal health or my possible future health I'd have to divulge if I was diagnosed with a degenerative disorder?

Obviously, there's probably a legal requirement, and also a moral one.

Anyone who knows for certain, or has experienced such a situation, give me your thoughts.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14605 on: July 24, 2019, 11:42:35 pm »
At least with my employer, they can't ask you any medical questions before you're employed, because it could be considered discriminatory.  Once you're employed by them, they can ask whatever they want, send you to medicals etc. I still think you should only disclose things that might directly impact your ability to do the job (now, not in some distant future) or things that affect your health (eg if you've got a bad nut allergy that might kill you if you touch them, its in your interest to tell your manager and your co-workers)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #14606 on: July 25, 2019, 03:38:35 am »
I wonder if anyone knows.

If I was looking for new employment, how much do I have to divulge to a prospective employer regarding my health. (The same applies with my current employer as well, I suppose)

I've currently been refered to a neurologist by my GP. I'm quite concerned with some symptoms I've developed over the last couple of years, and although undiagnosed at this time, it may point towards a neurological disorder like Parkinson's Disease or something of that nature.

I have to say at this point, it could also point to side effects of medication I'm currently taking, for other ailments,  so might or might not be rectifiable, with a change of medication.

I was just wondering how much info regarding personal health or my possible future health I'd have to divulge if I was diagnosed with a degenerative disorder?

Obviously, there's probably a legal requirement, and also a moral one.

Anyone who knows for certain, or has experienced such a situation, give me your thoughts.
As long as you answer all questions honestly, I don't think you have to go beyond.

And good luck to you in the future, mate.

So, it seems the word "suicide" is no longer acceptable. I had thought of it as on par with the other "'cides"; homicide, patricide, matricide, etc. But if suicide isn't an acceptable term, what is, they "killed their self"?

And why isn't the term suicide okay?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14607 on: July 25, 2019, 03:45:18 am »
So, it seems the word "suicide" is no longer acceptable. I had thought of it as on par with the other "'cides"; homicide, patricide, matricide, etc. But if suicide isn't an acceptable term, what is, they "killed their self"?

And why isn't the term suicide okay?

It's a word that can trigger people who have attempted suicide or have had suicidal thoughts. Much like any and all traumatic events it's a word you should be careful of using in a light-hearted or careless manner (think rape jokes or when people use "rape" as an adjective).

To my knowledge (and these things can change a lot), suicide is still the word to use, but not in the phrase "committed suicide". "Committed suicide" makes it sound like "committed adultery" or something similar to that (a sin or a shameful act, rather than the result of mental illness). Instead use a phrase like "died by suicide" or words to that effect.

It's all about trying to remove the stigma associated with mental illness, and helping people feel comfortable talking about these things.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14608 on: July 25, 2019, 08:23:37 am »
Was it a UK HSBC account or a Greek HSBC account?

Pretty sure its Greek

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #14609 on: July 25, 2019, 11:47:53 am »
Why does a/c in your car use more fuel when the revs remain the same with it on or off?  :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14610 on: July 25, 2019, 11:54:04 am »
Why does a/c in your car use more fuel when the revs remain the same with it on or off?  :D

The engine is driving the compressor for the aircon, so this puts it under more load, thus using more fuel, the smaller the engine the worse it is. Large engines aren't affected that much.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14611 on: July 25, 2019, 01:49:03 pm »
The engine is driving the compressor for the aircon, so this puts it under more load, thus using more fuel, the smaller the engine the worse it is. Large engines aren't affected that much.

That's what she said...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14612 on: July 25, 2019, 10:29:44 pm »
It's a word that can trigger people who have attempted suicide or have had suicidal thoughts. Much like any and all traumatic events it's a word you should be careful of using in a light-hearted or careless manner (think rape jokes or when people use "rape" as an adjective).

To my knowledge (and these things can change a lot), suicide is still the word to use, but not in the phrase "committed suicide". "Committed suicide" makes it sound like "committed adultery" or something similar to that (a sin or a shameful act, rather than the result of mental illness). Instead use a phrase like "died by suicide" or words to that effect.

It's all about trying to remove the stigma associated with mental illness, and helping people feel comfortable talking about these things.
That makes sense, cheers!

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14613 on: July 31, 2019, 07:11:34 pm »
My microfibre pillows say machine washable on a synthetic cycle. So I did, but it’s come out lumpy as fuck and no amount of re-plumping seems to be getting it to a standard pillow shape. Any pointers?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14614 on: July 31, 2019, 07:33:47 pm »
My microfibre pillows say machine washable on a synthetic cycle. So I did, but it’s come out lumpy as fuck and no amount of re-plumping seems to be getting it to a standard pillow shape. Any pointers?

Man up a bit.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14615 on: July 31, 2019, 08:10:01 pm »
:lmao

Re-plumping.... A word that I'd have never thought I would type.

Where's that moisturizer thread when you need it...   
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14616 on: August 1, 2019, 04:13:02 am »

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=275511.0

Never gets old that thread.  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14617 on: August 1, 2019, 11:00:18 pm »

I always cream myself, but never on the face.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14618 on: August 4, 2019, 05:22:39 pm »
Did ABBA penalties die a quick, quiet death, or are they still around in certain comps?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14619 on: August 4, 2019, 05:23:48 pm »
Did ABBA penalties die a quick, quiet death, or are they still around in certain comps?

When all is said and done, the winner takes it all...

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14620 on: August 4, 2019, 05:40:31 pm »
When all is said and done, the winner takes it all...

The bad jokes thread is over there —->

:P

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14621 on: August 4, 2019, 09:02:01 pm »
The bad jokes thread is over there —->

:P

Sorry, had a bout of PoP-lyrical madness...

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #14624 on: August 5, 2019, 08:27:53 pm »
Fuck England fuck the national anthem and fuck Rees mogg the tweed c*nt. I'm all for booing the national anthem.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14625 on: August 5, 2019, 08:39:41 pm »
Not sure about the comments.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14626 on: August 5, 2019, 08:44:32 pm »
Fuck England fuck the national anthem and fuck Rees mogg the tweed c*nt. I'm all for booing the national anthem.

I don't boo the anthem, I just never sing it. The booing makes no difference to me though, the rest of the country hates us anyway even though the majority have never been to the city or I doubt even met a Scouser, they still blame us for Hillsborough, so fuck them.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14627 on: August 5, 2019, 08:51:30 pm »
Not sure about the comments.

Some absolute clueless bellends in there. Some of the comments from wankers even claiming they support Liverpool. Clearly they do not.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14628 on: August 5, 2019, 09:04:28 pm »
Some absolute clueless bellends in there. Some of the comments from wankers even claiming they support Liverpool. Clearly they do not.
Always gives it away when they compare Hillsborough to Heysel.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14629 on: August 6, 2019, 01:17:32 am »
He forgot to add that the anthem is a fucking tedious, dreary piece of shit dirge that has no musical or lyrical merit whatsoever, and doesn't even serve to make the citizens of the country feel better about themselves or hymn the praises of the land or people. All it does is seek to aggrandise and wish disproportionate favour upon someone who requires neither. Absolute cringeworthy shite of the highest order

It's just about the worst national anthem in the world in every respect, and I only hesitate to say the very worst because I haven't heard every one and there might be something really evil out there.

By contrast Japan's national anthem, Kimigayo, also originally set out to aggrandise and hymn the praises of the Emperor, although these days it is generally interpreted to be about the country itself and not an Emperor. But at least it's a cracking good tune with beautiful, inspiring lyrics. We don't even have that

I've never sung it and never will. Piece of crud that it is.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14630 on: August 6, 2019, 08:33:43 am »
I bet not one of the fuckers moaning knows all the words either, Its a fucking long song and also mentions crushing the Scots - fucking bellend of a song

God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen!

O Lord our God arise,
Scatter our enemies,
And make them fall!
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On Thee our hopes we fix,
God save us all!

Not in this land alone,
But be God's mercies known,
From shore to shore!
Lord make the nations see,
That men should brothers be,
And form one family,
The wide world ov'er.

From every latent foe,
From the assasins blow,
God save the Queen!
O'er her thine arm extend,
For Britain's sake defend,
Our mother, prince, and friend,
God save the Queen!

Thy choicest gifts in store,
On her be pleased to pour,
Long may she reign!
May she defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,
God save the Queen!

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
And like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the Queen

https://www.classicfm.com/discover-music/british-national-anthem-lyrics/
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14631 on: August 6, 2019, 08:35:23 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i9nnnM-__JQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i9nnnM-__JQ</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #14632 on: August 6, 2019, 04:03:11 pm »
I wouldn't boo it & I wouldn't be offended if someone did..

Here's a vid I got sent a few weeks ago & uploaded to share here..

https://streamable.com/ztefe
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14633 on: August 6, 2019, 04:08:33 pm »
Jamie Webster's really let himself go
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14634 on: August 8, 2019, 04:56:23 pm »
Moved into a new apartment in March, it was meant to come with gym access to the hotel it’s part of (with £70 a month for the two of us) but since moving in we’ve not been given access despite countless complaints to landlord and directly to the gym.

Rent is now due and am I within my rights to deduct the £70 for the last 5 months from it? I’ve given the landlord more than enough time and chances to sort the issue.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14635 on: August 9, 2019, 06:00:23 am »
Moved into a new apartment in March, it was meant to come with gym access to the hotel it’s part of (with £70 a month for the two of us) but since moving in we’ve not been given access despite countless complaints to landlord and directly to the gym.

Rent is now due and am I within my rights to deduct the £70 for the last 5 months from it? I’ve given the landlord more than enough time and chances to sort the issue.

Does it state it's included  in the contract?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14636 on: August 9, 2019, 11:06:18 am »
Does it state it's included  in the contract?

Yeah, as it does on the adverts and he’s admitted it should in messages / emails.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14637 on: August 9, 2019, 11:40:55 am »
Yeah, as it does on the adverts and he’s admitted it should in messages / emails.

Pretty sure you could do it in Scotland, as long as you give written notice that you are doing it and why, but we have much better regulations for tenants here compared to England.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14638 on: August 9, 2019, 11:54:50 am »
I’ve done it anyway and emailed him. Not arsed too much if he kicks up a big fuss as this was only ever a short term let as were in a rush to get out of last place and couldn’t find anywhere.

Let the fun begin!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #14639 on: August 11, 2019, 11:48:00 am »
I bought some mince on Thursday from the meat counter at Tesco to use tonight and I have just clocked that it has 10th August use by date on it, which was yesterday.

Would you still use it if it smells OK?