Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1049198 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #14280 on: November 23, 2018, 03:24:13 pm »
I stopped reading the papers years ago, (mainly during the Rafa witchunt of 2009-10)

I wanted to ask, what trusted journalists articles do you read? I read Paul Tomkins free ones, The Anfield Wrap blogs, This is Anfield etc.

But in terms of trusted journalists from the media, who are the best to read?
Anything by Adrian Tempany and Brian Reade :wave

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14281 on: November 23, 2018, 03:27:33 pm »
Anything by Adrian Tempany and Brian Reade :wave
Thank you for the prompt response :D

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #14282 on: November 23, 2018, 08:30:52 pm »
When was that mad year when all those celebrities died?

Was it last year? 2017?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14283 on: November 23, 2018, 08:31:36 pm »
When was that mad year when all those celebrities died?

Was it last year? 2017?

2016 I think?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:34:34 pm by Barneylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #14284 on: November 23, 2018, 09:18:20 pm »
I was going to take the piss, how could you forget what year, it wasn't that long ago. But going by that picture, I completely forgot Victoria Wood had died that year  :-X
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14285 on: November 23, 2018, 11:34:34 pm »
I stopped reading the papers years ago, (mainly during the Rafa witchunt of 2009-10)

I wanted to ask, what trusted journalists articles do you read? I read Paul Tomkins free ones, The Anfield Wrap blogs, This is Anfield etc.

But in terms of trusted journalists from the media, who are the best to read?

I think David Conn in the Guardian has much merit as well...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14286 on: November 29, 2018, 06:12:35 pm »
In the Uk, if an employer passes your probation, do they have any right to extend it? Bear in mind the manager has not yet passed on the meeting form to the employee.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14287 on: November 29, 2018, 06:19:57 pm »
In the Uk, if an employer passes your probation, do they have any right to extend it? Bear in mind the manager has not yet passed on the meeting form to the employee.

Surely if the period is extended then it’s not passed?

Take a read here - http://www.firstpracticemanagement.co.uk/blog/posts/everything-you-need-to-know-about-probationary-periods/

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14288 on: November 29, 2018, 06:30:11 pm »
Surely if the period is extended then it’s not passed?

Take a read here - http://www.firstpracticemanagement.co.uk/blog/posts/everything-you-need-to-know-about-probationary-periods/
No I mean being extended after it's already been passed.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14289 on: November 29, 2018, 06:37:16 pm »

Oh sorry you mean after the length of time?

No it should really be extended prior to the end of it, but guess it depends how long after the review was as if it was only a matter of days then doubt there is too much wrong with that.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14290 on: November 29, 2018, 06:37:53 pm »

They do have a right to extend them. Happens in our place all the time. I don't get what you mean by after its passed though. If it's passed it's passed. If it's extended then you're still in a probation period, therefore it's not passed.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14291 on: November 29, 2018, 06:58:05 pm »
They do have a right to extend them. Happens in our place all the time. I don't get what you mean by after its passed though. If it's passed it's passed. If it's extended then you're still in a probation period, therefore it's not passed.
Mine was passed no problem but still no confirmation from the manager even though he said he'd send it. Just asking as someone has had this happened to them elsewhere and it's slightly worrying.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14292 on: November 29, 2018, 07:24:13 pm »
Do I need to contact any organisations if my bank card is used for fraudulent activity but my bank is aware?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #14293 on: November 29, 2018, 07:26:50 pm »
Do I need to contact any organisations if my bank card is used for fraudulent activity but my bank is aware?

There's usually a number on the back of the card for fraud.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14294 on: November 29, 2018, 08:29:38 pm »
There's usually a number on the back of the card for fraud.
My bank already know mate, they flagged it immediately.  I'm meaning do I tell the company that was used to enable the fraud or the police or trading standards?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #14295 on: November 29, 2018, 08:32:27 pm »
My bank already know mate, they flagged it immediately.  I'm meaning do I tell the company that was used to enable the fraud or the police or trading standards?

Ah righto, i'm not 100% sure to be honest, but I think the bank would do their own investigation since you've confirmed with them that it is indeed fraud.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14296 on: November 29, 2018, 08:46:45 pm »

Barclays say report it to the Police for a crime number. Be worth checking with the local plod just in case.

https://www.barclays.co.uk/help/reporting-fraud/report-fraud-police/
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14297 on: November 29, 2018, 09:00:00 pm »
Cheers guys will do.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14298 on: November 30, 2018, 04:09:36 pm »
How come Mersey tunnels are exempt from vat?

The amount of vehicles going through there everyday, they must be taking it in.

Technically they're outside the scope of VAT (i.e. they do not fall under the scope of the VAT system) when they are operated entirely by a public authority under a special legal regime. A special legal regime exists when a body has a statutory obligation to provide the service, or must perform it in a way that is different to private sector providers.

Any tolls which are operated by a private body or not under a special regime are standard-rated. I believe this is the case with the new Mersey Gateway Bridge.

If they were mandated to charge VAT, they'd just whack it on top of the price so I wouldn't complain.

Source: I work in VAT.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #14299 on: November 30, 2018, 04:27:49 pm »
...Source: I work in VAT.

C&E?

If so, is it true that unlike the Police, you lot don't need a search warrant to enter and seal off a premises, it all still being a bit tricorn hat and muskets drawn and searching for the brandy barrels in the cellar?
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #14300 on: November 30, 2018, 05:00:15 pm »
Cheers guys will do.

I'd not personally contact the company.

Report it to the police by all means. But it's not your responsibility to tell O2 some idiot has stolen your card details and bought an iPhone from them.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #14301 on: December 1, 2018, 08:56:16 am »
Anyone know if these Merseyflow penalty charges need to be paid?

Forgot to pay one trip by the following day (paid it the day after) a couple of weeks back and been hit with a penalty, absolutely fucking sick of money grabbing twats out there.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2018, 08:58:18 am by TheTeflonJohn »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14302 on: December 1, 2018, 09:32:15 am »

Forgot to pay one trip by the following day (paid it the day after) a couple of weeks back and been hit with a penalty, absolutely fucking sick of money grabbing twats out there.

Yes mate, they're not a charge you can ignore. Yep, they are a pain in the fucking arse when you operate a fleet.

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #14303 on: December 2, 2018, 07:30:00 pm »

Thanks for reply,
i can never get a receipt for my expenses off them though, unless i pay by card.
and i dont travel through them enough to get a tag.

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #14304 on: December 2, 2018, 07:33:16 pm »

Yeah, they need to be paid, I forgot all about traveling over Runcorn bridge until two days later, I paid online with no issues and wasnt notified that my payment was late, until i got a fine the following week.

I had to claim a refund for the original payment i had made, and then pay the fine + the crossing charge.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14305 on: December 5, 2018, 11:59:50 am »
anyone recommend any apart from sky scanner that are any good with decent amount of airlines on

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14306 on: December 5, 2018, 03:43:10 pm »
C&E?

Nope, I'm an in-house VAT manager.

Thanks for reply,
i can never get a receipt for my expenses off them though, unless i pay by card.

As their service is not subject to VAT, they're not obligated to provide a VAT invoice and probably can't be arsed investing in the infrastructure to provide any sort of receipt. Given that what you're claiming is not subject to VAT, your company should not be arsed about providing anything other than proof you paid the toll as they have no VAT to recover.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #14307 on: December 5, 2018, 03:45:27 pm »
anyone recommend any apart from sky scanner that are any good with decent amount of airlines on

Opodo / Kayak / Momondo
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14308 on: December 5, 2018, 04:06:20 pm »

Google Flights.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #14309 on: December 6, 2018, 01:39:42 pm »
Although we played against him several times. Which game at Stamford Bridget was the one when Torres was being substituted and he looked towards the away end for an ovation but we booed him?

Was it the Glen Johnson winner? It definitely wasn't the Meireles one as I remember Torres having longer hair in this one. And I remember the first one clear as day, including the Agger tackle.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 01:42:35 pm by Lynx the saucy mynx »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #14310 on: December 6, 2018, 03:34:46 pm »
What's the best (ie easiest/quickest) way of attaching tinsel to velvet?

It's for a costume for our youngest to wear in her school's Christmas production. Need to use it to trim a velvet cloak/robe.

I suggested staples, but the wife shot me a look that screamed "are you fucking stupid?"?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14311 on: December 6, 2018, 03:58:29 pm »
What's the best (ie easiest/quickest) way of attaching tinsel to velvet?

It's for a costume for our youngest to wear in her school's Christmas production. Need to use it to trim a velvet cloak/robe.

I suggested staples, but the wife shot me a look that screamed "are you fucking stupid?"?

It depends on if you need the velvet to remain undamaged. If not a thin line of hot glue. Otherwise I would think sewing it on would work. The stitching will be covered so it wouldn't have to be a perfect job.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14312 on: December 6, 2018, 04:33:45 pm »
It depends on if you need the velvet to remain undamaged. If not a thin line of hot glue. Otherwise I would think sewing it on would work. The stitching will be covered so it wouldn't have to be a perfect job.

Thanks for replying  :thumbup

The velvet doesn't need to be undamaged. When you say 'hot glue', do you mean dispensed by one of those glue guns? Because I don't have one. Are there any alternative gluing methods?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14313 on: December 6, 2018, 05:57:16 pm »
Thanks for replying  :thumbup

The velvet doesn't need to be undamaged. When you say 'hot glue', do you mean dispensed by one of those glue guns? Because I don't have one. Are there any alternative gluing methods?

Yes, I meant the glue gun things. You can buy fabric glue, I don't know how well it would adhere to the tinsel. Hot glue is a bit of a catch all, the mrs swears by it. And swears when it gets on her ;D

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14314 on: December 6, 2018, 06:45:30 pm »

And your reply was?    :)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14315 on: December 6, 2018, 08:57:03 pm »
And your reply was?    :)

I asked her what really happened with the Sports Direct trousers return

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14316 on: December 7, 2018, 08:19:06 pm »
Is there established etiquette for taking in parcels for neighbours? 

Is it down to the addressee to claim the parcel or down to the neighbour to take it round?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14317 on: December 7, 2018, 08:28:57 pm »

Is it down to the addressee to claim the parcel or down to the neighbour to take it round?
I should imagine it's up to them to come to yours and collect it.
If you like them then take it round and surprise them  :)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14318 on: December 7, 2018, 08:33:40 pm »

If it's letters I'll take it down because they don't know I have it. For parcels I'll always expect them to come get it, no way am I going to hand deliver it when they know it's with me.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #14319 on: December 7, 2018, 08:42:46 pm »

Usually the parcel deliverer will leave a card with the intended recipient informing them of the location of said parcel. I'd have expected it then to be the responsibility of intended recipient to get up off their arse and retrieve it from kindly neighbour.....