Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 886798 times)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #5000 on: October 22, 2020, 07:25:25 pm »
Very interesting to hear from Klopp that he loves playing at CB. It changed my view a bit on the 'risk' of having him as our 4th CB.

Gini, Hendo, Keita, Thiago, Milner, Jones, Ox to get fit. We really are stocked in midfield. I love him in midfield, but as much as you lose something not having him there, you say the same thing if you have to leave one of Hendo/Gini/Thiago out. And Keita is a first choice quality player too.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5001 on: October 22, 2020, 07:30:59 pm »
World class performance tonight

Majestic player, De. Top drawer
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5002 on: October 22, 2020, 07:31:28 pm »
Very interesting to hear from Klopp that he loves playing at CB. It changed my view a bit on the 'risk' of having him as our 4th CB.

Gini, Hendo, Keita, Thiago, Milner, Jones, Ox to get fit. We really are stocked in midfield. I love him in midfield, but as much as you lose something not having him there, you say the same thing if you have to leave one of Hendo/Gini/Thiago out. And Keita is a first choice quality player too.

Every cloud has a silver lining and all - or something.

If nothing else we have a sufficiently well balanced squad to see us through the next few months, fingers crossed and all that.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5003 on: October 22, 2020, 08:35:20 pm »
Just fucking Stan...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5004 on: October 22, 2020, 08:43:10 pm »
Just fucking Stan...
namesake with Robbo, huh?...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5005 on: October 22, 2020, 09:16:58 pm »
He's fucking boss at DM and he's fucking boss at CB.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5006 on: October 22, 2020, 09:23:23 pm »
Again what a signing him and then Thiago are. Thiago can play in Fabinho's position and Fabinho can play in Van Dijk's. Okay he won't be as good as Van Dijk. But no one in the world is.
Fabinho certainly makes the Thiago signing even better.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5007 on: October 22, 2020, 09:25:32 pm »
He's fucking boss at DM and he's fucking boss at CB.
Might prove over time to be better at CB than in midfield? Certainly looks very, very comfortable and accomplished there - like he's played there for seasons.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #5008 on: October 22, 2020, 10:49:58 pm »
Previously, I have posted that anyone that calls Fabinho "Stan" should automatically catch chlamydia.

I would now like to officially upgrade that to lifelong recurring bouts of herpes.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5009 on: October 22, 2020, 10:58:47 pm »
I'd like to see him play alongside Matip once, two gangly lanky fkrs together

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5010 on: October 22, 2020, 11:46:36 pm »
Would Fabinho and VVB the most op CB pairs?
Believer

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5011 on: October 22, 2020, 11:57:37 pm »

I have very little doubt that he could play anywhere and at least be better than average, if not very good, and would enjoy all of it.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #5012 on: October 23, 2020, 12:18:31 am »
Man, i love it. whilst the world is freaking out "woah Fabhino's really good at centre back" Klopp is right up his ass  ;D Hes gonna mold this guy into a decent replacement value you watch and see.

Fabhino: "Klopp said Ive got to talk more and organize better perfection, and also ive gotta get my ass on those second balls by moving my fat bastard self big time quicker"

haha paraphrased of course.

Sweet. this is a really nice uptick. and that my friends is why we didn't buy a cb. no better hanging around anywhere.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5013 on: October 23, 2020, 12:43:33 am »
Happy 27th birthday to Fab.  :D

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 12:47:54 am by Samie »

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5014 on: October 23, 2020, 02:02:24 am »
Happy 27th birthday to Fab.  :D

Probably best start thinking about replacing him then can’t having him growing old here. Another one year left max
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5015 on: October 23, 2020, 03:25:29 am »
Desailly and Hierro were world class DM's and they moved into CB with ease and played at an incredible level.

Found this pic on LFC Reddit.

:lmao
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5016 on: October 23, 2020, 04:15:57 am »
I think he should be the main CB now, and pair up with either Gomez or Matip. Hendo or Tiago can fit into the DM slot.
Believer

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5017 on: October 23, 2020, 07:47:32 am »
Previously, I have posted that anyone that calls Fabinho "Stan" should automatically catch chlamydia.

I would now like to officially upgrade that to lifelong recurring bouts of herpes.

You know that his name is Stan right? Just checking.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #5018 on: October 23, 2020, 08:03:51 am »

We have a lot of midfielders, but none of them are close to Fabinho in that DM role. I still think we'll defend better as a team with Fabinho as DM and say Gomez & Matip at CB. That wasn't an option against Ajax obviously.
In a couple of years I could definitely see him permanently changing to CB.
He would probably boss it at RB as well, if needed.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5019 on: October 23, 2020, 09:17:29 am »
I have very little doubt that he could play anywhere and at least be better than average, if not very good, and would enjoy all of it.

He'd probably even be better in goal than Adrian.  ;D

Such a classy player. We're so lucky to have him. Starting to think he might even be better than Mascherano. Is that going too far?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #5020 on: October 23, 2020, 09:25:15 am »
Happy Bithday Fabs!

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #5021 on: October 23, 2020, 09:50:57 am »
I rather like this chap

Offline BBS

• Main Stander
  • Big Black Sock
« Reply #5022 on: October 23, 2020, 10:09:25 am »
Desailly and Hierro were world class DM's and they moved into CB with ease and played at an incredible level.

Found this pic on LFC Reddit.

FrankenFab, what a monster this guy is. Hes quite well put together that lad... and so on and so forth.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #5023 on: October 23, 2020, 10:13:43 am »
I prefer him as a CB to being in midfield.

He gets beaten a lot in midfield.  He's had some good games in that position, but his weaknesses are much more likely to be exploited in midfield.  I prefer Henderson or Gini as the 6 to him anyway.

At centre back he looks to have everything needed to thrive and he has so far in that position - three times now.

Keep him there, unless Hendo or Gini are injured.

Edit - Totally forgetting we have Thiago too for the 6. Embarrassment of riches.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 10:45:36 am by JordanTremenderson »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5024 on: October 23, 2020, 10:33:15 am »
Pele's birthday as well today.  :D

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5025 on: October 23, 2020, 11:05:08 am »
Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay at CB, even with Virg back. Naturally gifted defensive footballer. Maybe even see some Danny Agger-esque strides forward and piledrivers into the top corner.

Does leave a gap in the Defensive Mid role, Henderson and Gini capable of filling in, unsure if Thiago is defensively minded enough to slot in there?

Online ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #5026 on: October 23, 2020, 11:12:29 am »
Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay at CB, even with Virg back. Naturally gifted defensive footballer. Maybe even see some Danny Agger-esque strides forward and piledrivers into the top corner.

Does leave a gap in the Defensive Mid role, Henderson and Gini capable of filling in, unsure if Thiago is defensively minded enough to slot in there?

The interceptions and tackles galore in the derby makes me think he will just be fine playing the six.
Ye wha la.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5027 on: October 23, 2020, 11:16:03 am »
Thiago's main position is as a #6.  ;D

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #5028 on: October 23, 2020, 11:18:35 am »
Pele's birthday as well today.  :D
So the greatest Brazilian player ever and Pele then?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5029 on: October 23, 2020, 11:20:33 am »
The interceptions and tackles galore in the derby makes me think he will just be fine playing the six.

All the tackles he made were so clean. A dream player to watch.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5030 on: October 23, 2020, 11:48:47 am »
He is a class act as just to switch roles in the side and not lose a step is testament to his ability. Right now we need a steady hand on the tiller as the lads at the back have their headless moments even when all are fit and to get pillared the way we did a couple weeks back against Villa would knock the confidence of even world class players. Fab steadied the ship with his presence and he might want to stay right there for the season as he can see the danger and has extra space now to start moves even.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #5031 on: October 23, 2020, 11:56:05 am »
Fabinho has done great at centreback, but it's important not to get too carried away.

He is a DM, was bought as one and plays his best football as one.

Afterall, he's not just a 'destroyer' DM, he also chips in with a few assists and has a hell of a long range strike on him, which is something you lose when he plays centreback.

In an ideal world, he plays as DM with Henderson and Thiago, but for now with the lack of centreback options, he's done really well, just not for a the long term please!
FAME makes a man take things over

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #5032 on: October 23, 2020, 12:04:05 pm »

SO YOU'VE HOPPED ON HERE WISHING STAN'S MOTHER CHLAMYDIA??
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #5033 on: October 23, 2020, 12:04:59 pm »
I'll just mention we're not seeing VVD step into DM and play it world class
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

• Kopite
« Reply #5034 on: October 23, 2020, 12:11:59 pm »
Fabinho has done great at centreback, but it's important not to get too carried away.

He is a DM, was bought as one and plays his best football as one.

Strongly disagree.

Henderson I feel offers us so much more in that position as does Thiago.

Fabinho looks so much better at CB.  He can really challenge Gomez & Matip to be VVD's main partner in the future.  Given how long VVD is out for let's hope I'm right as we very much need him at CB now.  I hope he's so good we don't move him as we don't need him as the #6.

He gets dribbled past so much when he's the #6.  He'll win a lot of tackles, but he gambles.  He rushes and he either gets the ball or gets beaten.  That's not the type of 6 I want.  Gimme Hendo, Thiago or Gini.  Fabinho has been brilliant at CB against world class strikers who have different strengths (Werner & Lewandowski).  He doesn't gamble in that position and that's why I think it's a much better role for him going forward.

I'm probably in the minority, but I have been for years amongst LFC fans defending Henderson.  I don't mind that.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5035 on: October 23, 2020, 12:25:20 pm »
SO YOU'VE HOPPED ON HERE WISHING STAN'S MOTHER CHLAMYDIA??

In fairness to Jonny I think he must believe Stan is short for Stanley, which it obviously isn't. Stanislaus Henriques Fabinho Tavares is his full name. I prefer just Fabinho, but Stan is just about ok too I suppose.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5036 on: October 23, 2020, 12:33:30 pm »
Strongly disagree.

Henderson I feel offers us so much more in that position as does Thiago.

Thiago may do, but Henderson certainly doesn't. Hendo began to play his best football for Liverpool almost as soon as he was released from the number 6 position and liberated to play further forward. Liverpool began to gel as a team once Fabinho had got up to speed and made number 6 his own. In that sense Fabinho was just as important a signing for us as either Allison or Klopp. The lad is clearly a versatile footballer, having played right back for Monaco and Brazil and, right now, showing us what he can do at centre back. But his real forte has got to be at number 6 where he snuffs out counter attacks, gobbles up second balls, wins headers, turns on the ball beautifully to link defence with midfield and set Liverpool on their way and can join attacks and shoot powerfully and accurately from distance.

We do not want to go back to the European Cup Final performance against Real Madrid where, even when Real retreated to their own half to defend a two goal lead, we still struggled to build from the back.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

• Kopite
« Reply #5037 on: October 23, 2020, 12:38:07 pm »
Thiago may do, but Henderson certainly doesn't. Hendo began to play his best football for Liverpool almost as soon as he was released from the number 6 position and liberated to play further forward. Liverpool began to gel as a team once Fabinho had got up to speed and made number 6 his own. In that sense Fabinho was just as important a signing for us as either Allison or Klopp. The lad is clearly a versatile footballer, having played right back for Monaco and Brazil and, right now, showing us what he can do at centre back. But his real forte has got to be at number 6 where he snuffs out counter attacks, gobbles up second balls, wins headers, turns on the ball beautifully to link defence with midfield and set Liverpool on their way and can join attacks and shoot powerfully and accurately from distance.

We do not want to go back to the European Cup Final performance against Real Madrid where, even when Real retreated to their own half to defend a two goal lead, we still struggled to build from the back.

Yes just can't agree re: Hendo.

He played his best football after lifting the Champions League, the pressure lifted off his back & since then he has thrived either as the 6 or 8.  But in this team he suits the 6 position much more.

Last season our clean sheets started when Henderson went back to the 6, as before that we weren't getting them with Fabinho there. 

I get it that people like the idea of Fabinho, but the reality doesn't match sadly (consistency-wise).  Henderson has all the tools for the 6. 

But if we want a baller as the 6, then Thiago is the man.

The last sentence is bizarre.  You blaming that all on Henderson?  God the lengths people go to at belittling our captain is crazy and disturbing.

"Liverpool began to gel as a team once Fabinho had got up to speed and made number 6 his own. In that sense Fabinho was just as important a signing for us as either Allison or Klopp."

This quote is just a full host of wrongness.

I don't want to look like I'm attacking Fabinho.  I think he can be a world class CB.  I love him in that position and he's been excellent.  I think he should stay there & prefer others as our 6 to him. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 12:46:06 pm by JordanTremenderson »

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5038 on: October 23, 2020, 01:05:59 pm »

The last sentence is bizarre.  You blaming that all on Henderson?  God the lengths people go to at belittling our captain is crazy and disturbing.

This sentence shows, in a nutshell, why it can be difficult to have a football argument on RAWK. It's just so over the top.

Have a look at what I wrote again and ask yourself whether your response is reasonable.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5039 on: October 23, 2020, 01:07:31 pm »

I was worried about Fabinho playing centreback for an extended period when the news of Van Dijk's injury broke but his performance against Ajax reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.