Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
says Andy, on a football forum  ;D

Well I'm still arsed about Liverpool FC - which I don't count as football as it's my club..
Media and Arts / Re: Star Wars Universe lastest news
« Last post by Scottymuser on Today at 10:44:42 am »
Trying to catch up on things. I haven't seen Tales of the Empire yet but did finally finish the Bad Batch yesterday. A live-action Omega is nailed on to turn up in Ahsoka season 2, isn't she? As far as I know she never appeared in any Rebellion-related stories, but would in theory be knocking about as part of the New Republic by 'now', and certainly has some sort of Force-related "M-Count" thing going on.

Bad Batch Season 3 was really, really great.  Couple of slower episodes in the middle, but stuck the landing, whilst *not* doing some fan servicey things that people often want (but then complain that Filoni always does)

Spoiler
  Specifically referring to the fanbase thinking that the clone assassin was either Tech (and that he didn't really die) or a clone of Crosshairs.  Especially letting tech's death be final was the right thing, even if it upset the
Also, her M-count may not be that high  - they were not testing her M-count.  What they *were* testing is whether they could take someone who *did* have a high M-count (Palpy), and clone them, and use someone else's blood to "bind" their M-count to the new clone, as whenever they have cloned people in the past, their M-count does not get retained in the clone (and therefore, would not allow Palpy to cheat death by cloniong).  Doesn't mean she has some slightly elevated M-count (like Leia), of course.
[close]

Tales from the Empire, as short form content, was pretty decent.  I especially loved seeing the destruction of the Dathomirian Night Sisters by Grevious.
General Football and Sport / Re: Pro Cycling 2023
« Last post by Knight on Today at 10:43:08 am »
There'll be GC gaps today. There might have been anyway but Pogacar's presence makes it inevitable I reckon.
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by Ray K on Today at 10:42:45 am »
Bloomberg reporting that MSP Capital are looking at a takeover if 777 goes kaput. Paywall though

US investment firm MSP Sports Capital is exploring a takeover of Everton FC as the current bid for the Premier League football club falters, according to a person familiar with the matter
Sorry what was this about? Which one of Simon Hughes or James Pearce did a hit job on them and what did it say?

Hughes did a pretty lengthy hit piece in The Athletic at some point last season. A lot of smoke and mirrors, but Kornmayer and his influence was much maligned. It was around the time there were a lot of rumblings about Ljinders's influence on Gakpo/tactics and we were getting constant injuries and fitness issues.

Obviously briefed by someone with a grievance. With FSG looking to sell up, it was a shitshow all round last season on and off the pitch, so all the briefings and mud slinging weren't helping either.
I don't think the club actually want to sack him, he wouldn't have done that huge interview with Neville if they wanted to sack him in the next few weeks, but they will be forced to at the end of the season by how bad things are. I would want Tuchel despite all his flaws but all the sounds out of the club suggest it'll be Southgate. Which will be worse than Moyes to me.

Well we're all rooting for the club to bring in Southgate.

I can't believe he'll be able to stay on next season given the performances though. Even if you win the FA Cup, that's no reason to keep him on given your trajectory. From what I've been reading, he's promising jam tomorrow once you have the players he wants and your injured players back so the only way I can see him staying on is if he convinces the owners about that.

Tuchel is a funny one because he's not a bad manager but when we we're looking for a new manager before, I wasn't too keen him - he seems a bit lucky and things also seem to turn toxic wherever he is but true, given the choice between him and Ten Hag, it's obviously Tuchel.
I'm surprised there is as much yellow in Scotland to be honest, given how things have gone after Sturgeon resigning (both Sturgeon and Yousaf).

Maybe Swinney will bring some calm and stability, but the SNP seem a bit all over the place at the moment and I wouldn't guarantee there vote would be the same as normal.
General Football and Sport / Re: World XI Teams of Decades
« Last post by markmywords on Today at 10:35:26 am »
I have prepared World XI Teams of every Decade (Decades starting from 5-year intervals) from 1950.

The selections were based on Ability, Peak, Longevity, and Individual Achievements (Club and International).
Decade 2015-2024

Lineup

Alisson (Brazil)

Joshua Kimmich (Germany)
Raphaël Varane (France)
Virgil van Dijk (Netherlands)
Andrew Robertson (Scotland)

N'Golo Kanté (France)
Casemiro (Brazil)
Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium)

Lionel Messi (Argentina)
Robert Lewandowski (Poland)
Kylian Mbappé (France)

Subs: Thibaut Courtois (Belgium), Leonardo Bonucci (Italy), Ilkay Gündogan (Germany), Bernardo Silva (Portugal), Sadio Mané (Senegal), Mohamed Salah (Egypt), Karim Benzema (France)

Based on  Peak, Longevity, and Individual Achievements (Club).

Benzema should be ahead of Lewandowski.  Benzema has also shown more versatility; able to be effective as a support forward and a spearhead
I do have a funny feeling Spurs might trip them up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10