Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3547757 times)

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
Re: New Kit 2013/14
« Reply #560 on: June 4, 2013, 10:30:31 am »
If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I am also thinking about getting this one:

That is very nice! And the t-shirts a few pages back were class!

I think most of the frustration people have is that these shirts and the 2 Home Kits show Warrior are capable of produce really nice, classic looking designs however they choose not to for the away and third! If they were completely incapable at everthing I think it'd be easier to take than showiing they are but don't want to be

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #561 on: June 4, 2013, 10:47:06 am »
Warrior are fine, they make nice stuff, they make these controversial kits on purpose because it creates talk and raises brand awareness, even if it's negative comments it gets people taking and then they see the nice home kits and casual wear

Offline JollyRedHuman

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #562 on: June 4, 2013, 10:52:11 am »
Well, here's a little thing from The Anfield Wrap last year. An interview with Kenny McCallum, Head of Warrior Football, touching on our last kit and Nike's 'tablecloth' for Manchester United.

We had to ask Kenny how long it took him to stop laughing at the new Manchester United home shirt: “I’ve not stopped!” he said.

The global sportswear industry's splitting their sides now, you utter c*nt. Meanwhile, our players have to take the field in those shirts.

The real work in making sure the mere sight of a Liverpool shirt raises fears in opponents again is going to have to be done by Brendan Rodgers, but at least Warrior haven’t given him the added difficulty of sending his players out in a shirt everyone just wants to laugh at.

I for one cannot fucking wait until we play Arsenal, Cardiff and Manchester United away this season.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2013, 11:05:24 am by JollyRedHuman »

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #563 on: June 4, 2013, 10:52:29 am »
Interesting tactic by Warrior. Get noticed in the football world by producing some of the worst kits in LFC history.

Don't get me wrong, the money is great and the home shirts have so far been decent. But most of people's fears about Warrior producing shite are proving true.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline JollyRedHuman

• Main Stander
« Reply #564 on: June 4, 2013, 10:59:47 am »
More quotes from Kenny McCallum last year.

“You’ve got to push the boundaries.

...And I think the key for us is certainly ‘understand the audience’ – which is the player and the fan – and you understand if you’ve managed to meet expectation by way of the response you get and we’ve been really, really pleased with the response to the kit, to the product, so far.”

Perhaps a little diplomatically, he added: “Maybe in certain respects other kits that have been launched haven’t been as well received.”

"But I don't give a fuck," he didn't add. "We're not really listening at all."

What a bunch of lying, cynical arrogant c*nts constitute the industry of the modern game.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2013, 11:32:44 am by JollyRedHuman »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: June 4, 2013, 11:29:47 am »
And people complained about adidas

Offline tuaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #566 on: June 4, 2013, 11:36:05 am »
I have a feeling the away kit's "stomach pattern"  (great description!)  won't look so bad when it's worn, and maybe there's some optical illusion thing going on that makes the design look ok on TV.

** crosses all fingers and toes **

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #567 on: June 4, 2013, 11:37:55 am »
JollyRedHuman - fuck me man, you need to calm down about the kits, you'll give yourself a heart attack  ;D

And also I think you need to remove the Jolly bit out of your name as it's misleading  :P

Offline JollyRedHuman

• Main Stander
« Reply #568 on: June 4, 2013, 11:43:38 am »
JollyRedHuman - fuck me man, you need to calm down about the kits, you'll give yourself a heart attack  ;D

And also I think you need to remove the Jolly bit out of your name as it's misleading  :P

IT'S TRUE.

I'm a grumpy single-issue knobhead. It's actually true.

I have no idea why I've taken this all so personally.

Kits are still shit though.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #569 on: June 4, 2013, 11:50:17 am »
IT'S TRUE.

Have Warrior fired you recently?  ;D

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: June 4, 2013, 11:56:14 am »
How on earth is the purple third tolerable? I think the away kit is a bit less than decent, not worse, but the purple is immensely awful. It's the Czech flag turned around and inverted colours. No regard for where the sponsor or logo is, just put the pattern in there. It's one of the worst kits I've ever seen.

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #571 on: June 4, 2013, 11:58:55 am »
IT'S TRUE.

Yep, you're going to look shit sitting on your sofa at home with your beer and kebab dressed in polyester. Systems and formations? No, Coutinho's bum looks big in those howibble, howibble shorts with patterns.

Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline ScottyBoy_21

• The Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie.
  • Kopite
« Reply #572 on: June 4, 2013, 12:02:48 pm »
Haha, I actually quite like the away kit. Reckon it'll look good on the pitch.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: June 4, 2013, 12:03:35 pm »
In my opinion, the away kit could be great if the didn't put the... something... at the bottom part, the top part of the kit looks very nice.

The third kit is probably aimed towards the North American market so I guess they know what they're doing with that...

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #574 on: June 4, 2013, 12:22:37 pm »
In my opinion, the away kit could be great if the didn't put the... something... at the bottom part, the top part of the kit looks very nice.

The third kit is probably aimed towards the North American market so I guess they know what they're doing with that...
i hate the way kits are overcomplicated for the want of a better word

no need for that shit at the bottom of the white shirt

like last year, the kit would have looked so much better if it wasnt for that grey stuff

plain black would have looked better
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #575 on: June 4, 2013, 12:43:14 pm »
I wouldn't say that. They fucked up one design badly from 6 kits, this year's away kit.

last season's home (collared red): nice!
last season's away (black/gray diver): ok
last season's 3rd: (tribal purple): tolerable
new season's home (red v-neck): nice
new season's away (stomach pattern) utter shite!
new season's 3rd (purple geometric): tolerable
bonus: new season's goalkeeper away (white w/ stripes): nice!

I may be in a minority here, but I prefer this seasons kits to last seasons.

The 'Tribal Purple' is one of the worst kits I have ever seen Liverpool play in. I know it grew on some people, but not me self.

I prefer the Purple Geometric to either of the Diver suit or the Tribal one.

The white one is hideous, but I honestly don't think it is as horrid as the tribal one.

So yeah, I think this years are a slight improvement on last year - but that doesn't mean that I think they're in any way good!

In terms of a white and red away kit, with black shorts, they should have drawn some inspiration from this.

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline JollyRedHuman

• Main Stander
« Reply #576 on: June 4, 2013, 12:58:26 pm »
Yep, you're going to look shit sitting on your sofa at home with your beer and kebab dressed in polyester. Systems and formations? No, Coutinho's bum looks big in those howibble, howibble shorts with patterns.

I don't understand a word of your post, but that's cool!

:)

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: June 4, 2013, 01:02:57 pm »
I actually quite like the 3rd kit  :-X

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #578 on: June 4, 2013, 01:04:32 pm »
Oh, how I miss adidas.. :'(

I don't.

They were shite kits. With identikit identity.

To much white in the home kit. To much 3 stripe branding that had to be apparent. No respect for the JFT 96. And kept the profits to themselves. The club are making way more with Warrior.

Warrior have excelled with the home kit. The change strips aren't the shite as some make out. Why? Because they sell and isn't that what the club wants?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #579 on: June 4, 2013, 01:06:08 pm »
I actually quite like the 3rd kit  :-X
Next to the away kit its nice

Next to the home kit its not.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: June 4, 2013, 02:12:02 pm »
Southampton are adidas too next season and it will be all red. thank fuck we don't have adidas identikit for home with that crest on it. also thats half the teams with adidas in the league.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #581 on: June 4, 2013, 02:13:30 pm »
I don't.

They were shite kits. With identikit identity.

To much white in the home kit. To much 3 stripe branding that had to be apparent. No respect for the JFT 96. And kept the profits to themselves. The club are making way more with Warrior.

Warrior have excelled with the home kit. The change strips aren't the shite as some make out. Why? Because they sell and isn't that what the club wants?

Agreed, I always thought adidas would win us over further if they allowed the 3 stripes on the shirt and shorts to be red also, it would of looked quality!

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #582 on: June 4, 2013, 02:24:26 pm »
I don't understand a word of your post, but that's cool!

:)

It's written in English, which is spoken here in the UK.

My point was that grown men shouldn't really wear polyester, unless its the 'uniform' of a team they're actually playing for. I assume you're not an LFC player. My guess is that you're in your 30s/40s. Thus you shouldn't really worry yourself about what the kit looks like....get yourself onto PoP's systems and formations thread and see what an interesting football related discussion on 'tinternet looks like.

Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #583 on: June 4, 2013, 02:37:23 pm »
The away isn't as bad as I thought its just that stupid Christmas pattern that let's it down.

The third kit in long sleeves looks quite good in my opinion
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: June 4, 2013, 04:06:51 pm »
It's written in English, which is spoken here in the UK.

My point was that grown men shouldn't really wear polyester, unless its the 'uniform' of a team they're actually playing for. I assume you're not an LFC player. My guess is that you're in your 30s/40s. Thus you shouldn't really worry yourself about what the kit looks like....get yourself onto PoP's systems and formations thread and see what an interesting football related discussion on 'tinternet looks like.

Ahh..that old chestnut.

I take it you go to the match then? And when you look around how many grown men wearing the kit shirt do you see in Anfield? Then factor in 80 % or so of capacity are season tickets. Damn silly locals wearing the kit shirt.

Or go to Disney, Las Vegas, coast of Spain, France, you name it and you'll see grown men wearing the kit shirt on their hols. And surprise, surprise they're from England. Liverpool as well.

Not to mention the kits aren't the old polyester anymore as fabrics have moved on.

But you do make a point. I guess.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: June 4, 2013, 04:21:03 pm »
Ahh..that old chestnut.

I take it you go to the match then? And when you look around how many grown men wearing the kit shirt do you see in Anfield? Then factor in 80 % or so of capacity are season tickets. Damn silly locals wearing the kit shirt.

Or go to Disney, Las Vegas, coast of Spain, France, you name it and you'll see grown men wearing the kit shirt on their hols. And surprise, surprise they're from England. Liverpool as well.

Not to mention the kits aren't the old polyester anymore as fabrics have moved on.

But you do make a point. I guess.

I'm from Liverpool, I'm 29 and I go to the match (granted not often anymore). Can't think of any of my mates who wear football shirts apart from when they play football and a lot of them are season ticket holders.

I do only have 3 and a half mates though.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: June 4, 2013, 04:25:02 pm »
I'm from Liverpool, I'm 29 and I go to the match (granted not often anymore). Can't think of any of my mates who wear football shirts apart from when they play football and a lot of them are season ticket holders.

I do only have 3 and a half mates though.

For sure there's a stigma associated with some like yourself.

But when you watch the match, the tv cameras show the Kop, Main stand, Centenary, Anny Road end..you'll see grown men wearing the kit shirt. Not all of them are from Ireland, Norway or Asia.  ;)

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: June 4, 2013, 04:25:09 pm »

Moved on to even more plastic, clima-cool, dri-fit, my-arse. Real men wear merino wool.

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: June 4, 2013, 04:29:06 pm »
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting the teams kit to look good?

I like buying one kit a year too, fun to look back at them from previous seasons

Some people talk as if wearing a Liverpool shirt is a bad thing, like it's uncool?

Jesus wept.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: June 4, 2013, 05:02:22 pm »

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: June 4, 2013, 05:06:04 pm »
Bloody hell lads I normally like you're kits but those two are hilarious. Fuck me! It comes to something when the polo/t shirts are nicer than the kits!
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #591 on: June 4, 2013, 05:22:12 pm »
Imagine our away kit without the pattern and the black, would be fucking boss. Can anyone Photoshop that? Perhaps with plain black or white shorts.
:D

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #592 on: June 4, 2013, 05:23:47 pm »
Im sure it has been mentioned a few times but what frustrates me the most is the fact that away kit would have been quite decent if it were without the sweater pattern.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #593 on: June 4, 2013, 05:47:35 pm »
Im sure it has been mentioned a few times

Like the quote above yours?  Yep, it's been mentioned a few times.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We See Things They'll Never See
« Reply #594 on: June 4, 2013, 05:58:11 pm »
What are Warrior doing with these 2nd and 3rd kits? alls they need to do is a black and a white kit exactly the same as the home kit and we'd have 3 smart kits. put your hand over the bottom half of the white one for next season and it looks great.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #595 on: June 4, 2013, 06:37:35 pm »
find it awful how they produced a really nice home kit which for me I personally don't buy the tops anymore just go the match but the home is so nice im personally thinking about getting it whereas them other kits are an utter shambles, hope fans boycott the white one at least.

Offline american hammer

• Kemlynite
  • Claret is close to Red.
« Reply #596 on: June 4, 2013, 07:03:43 pm »
And here some of us Hammers are complaining about a white collar!

Seriously though, away and third are absolute gash.  Some of the worst kits I've ever seen. 

Offline totalimmortal

• Anny Roader
« Reply #597 on: June 4, 2013, 07:10:18 pm »
So the away kit is growing on me. The back with the black lettering looks class and swung it a bit more to the positive for me. The front, I just don't know yet. The third kit is one that I really don't like though.
All i want to see is Agger on the team sheet and scoring 6 goals with each one celebrated by punching the reporters in the face with his YNWA tattoo.

Offline sparrowred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: June 4, 2013, 07:19:07 pm »
The away shorts really aren't so bad with that pattern. Still wouldn't buy it but think it will look decent on the pitch.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #599 on: June 4, 2013, 07:24:40 pm »
The shorts look a bit big , is that the beyonce kit ?
JFT96