Author Topic: Owlez, Owlez, Owlez - The Roy Hodgson Appreciation Thread.  (Read 257542 times)

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: ''What do you mean do my methods translate?'' - Roy Hodgson
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2017, 01:39:23 pm »
His assessment of his performance as England manager.

"The four years, especially the last two after the World Cup, fashioning a team from a very young group of players, many of whom weren't even in their club side, and playing the sort of football we were capable of playing - we were playing very, very well.

"I am very, very proud of that achievement. I think it is probably the best work, in many ways, that I did or have done so far.

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2017, 01:39:30 pm »
I can't stand the apartheid supporting c vnt.

He makes me physically sick

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2017, 01:40:41 pm »
Everything wrong with British football, encapsulated perfectly in one person.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2017, 01:57:53 pm »
Christ, I'd read some of those quotes before but not all of them. He was our manager. I know many try and banish that memory, but think about it. We've gone from Roy Hodgson to Jurgen Klopp. We've gone from the formidable Northampton Town beating us at Anfield to getting ready to play in the Champions League group stages. We've gone from, with all respect, a washed up Joe Cole, Christian Poulsen, Paul Konchesky and David Ngog to Sadio Mane, Bobby Firmino, Mo Salah, Phil Coutinho and many others.

That 5-0 defeat is still lingering over us but look at the bigger picture. You'll smile, trust me.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2017, 02:52:21 pm »
he truly has the best agent in the world. utter joke of a man

Roy Hodgson is the Will Smith of the football world

A talentless fraud who gets away with being overrated because he plays the nice guy card 24/7
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2017, 02:53:25 pm »

A talentless fraud who gets away with being overrated because he plays the nice guy card 24/7

I've always got those two mixed up over the years. Is Sammy Lee his Carlton?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2017, 03:23:35 pm »

Rild Rild Rest was a great performance
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2017, 03:36:05 pm »

Thats the thing though.  He doesn't even bother playing the nice guy card anymore does he?

I thought after the England fiasco he laid his true colours out for all to see in the media.

Prior to that, most of us knew he was a complete and utter arrogant twat, but he did have this nice guy portrayal in the wider media.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2017, 03:39:03 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2017, 03:51:22 pm »
He's not a world class manager or anything but if Fulham had won the Europa would have been one of the best managerial achievements in football,   was still a strong comp back and to get such an average team in Fulham close to winning it.
McClaren took Middlesbrough to a Europa League Final

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2017, 03:58:28 pm »
Rild Rild Rest was a great performance

:lmao

Harsh on Will Smith to be compared to Hodgson to be honest.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 03:58:54 pm »
genuinely hate this man - absolutely no self awareness or humility at all.
brown noses the FA and the media so he keeps getting jobs, an absolute weapons grade fuckwit.
really hope he takes palace down.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2017, 04:02:43 pm »
genuinely hate this man - absolutely no self awareness or humility at all.
brown noses the FA and the media so he keeps getting jobs, an absolute weapons grade fuckwit.
really hope he takes palace down.

Yeah. It's actually annoying the shit out of me seeing his name at the top of the forum!

(and here I am, putting it back there)
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2017, 04:08:48 pm »
People quickly realised he was a shit manager - most knew before he joined - but they thought he was a decent guy. In fact he just another one of those self-serving, blame-avoiding LMA twats. I loved that he was finally found out by both Liverpool and then England. Only the English FA would give someone their head coach job after the hash he made of managing us.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2017, 04:14:39 pm »
Had a look at one of the Palace forums & most FMs on there don't want Hodgson as there manager, some prefer Pardew returning than Hodgson, even they're saying Benteke should start practising taking corners.
#Sausages

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 04:19:51 pm »
People quickly realised he was a shit manager - most knew before he joined - but they thought he was a decent guy. In fact he just another one of those self-serving, blame-avoiding LMA twats. I loved that he was finally found out by both Liverpool and then England. Only the English FA would give someone their head coach job after the hash he made of managing us.

In one.
Who'd have thought that an unaccountable, amateur, rudderless, poorly led and governed, backslapping, self-serving, inept, arrogant organisation could possibly make such an appointment. Then keep him on to bollocks up another tournament. Then replace him with Fat Sam.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 04:27:06 pm »
McClaren took Middlesbrough to a Europa League Final

Ha ha!  Spot on!!  You still won't get Sandyshores tongue out of Podges arse though  ;D

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017, 04:28:41 pm »
He's not a world class manager or anything but if Fulham had won the Europa would have been one of the best managerial achievements in football,   was still a strong comp back and to get such an average team in Fulham close to winning it.

Walter Smith took Rangers to the UEFA Cup final.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2017, 04:38:18 pm »
Walter Smith took Rangers to the UEFA Cup final.

Will Smith didn't though. Which is apparently more relevant.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2017, 05:12:00 pm »
I had forgotten how much I disliked Roy until today... was not really hoping to see anyone get relegated in particular this season, that will change after Roy's first presser.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2017, 05:38:12 pm »
Legendary quotes :lmao

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2017, 05:51:01 pm »
I've genuinely hated Hodgson ever since those dark days when he was in charge at LFC.

When he was at WBA I hated him, and when his England side were meandering past amateurs in the Euro qualifiers, I still hated him just as much. The Euro 2016 campaign itself doesn't need mentioning..

What Liverpool needed after Rafa was kicked out was a manager to get everyone onside and pull the team together to ride out the rough times whilst H&G were still at large. Instead we got a man who was the complete antithesis of Liverpool FC. A man who downplayed all expectations and indirectly regarded the 5 time European cup winners on a par with Fulham, West Brom or Crystal Palace. He didn't respect the club or the people who support it and he made no effort to disguise the fact.

I'm sure he regarded himself as above all of that as he often likes to quote literary references to the media and show everybody what an intellectual man he is. He's his own biggest fan.

I remember dreading practically every game we played under him - the Anfield fear factor was gone as the likes of Wolves and Blackpool came and won here, the football on display was dire, the atmosphere was woeful and the players he brought in were relegation fodder. And relegation fodder is exactly what he made us.

Hodgson is self-serving and arrogant with delusions of grandeur. He actually believes that he's had a successful career and that winning the Swedish league in the 1970's is an honour right up there with winning the FA cup. He doesn't understand why he's not regarded as one of the greatest English managers. He is the type of man who I could absolutely see believing himself to be deserving of an OBE or knighthood.

I hope he fails miserably at Palace. He could and should have retired disgracefully after the Euro's.. but no, he couldn't resist the chance to come back again and inflict his dire brand of negative, outdated football on the PL.

I feel for the likes of Sakho, Benteke and Zaha because their careers will go backwards until he fucks off again, hopefully next time it will be for good.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2017, 06:04:44 pm »
Wasn't it Hodgson who had a go at the fans, when we were demonstrating against the cancers? Seem to remember him moaning about saying how it affects the players.  ::) More likely to have been his useless coaching I would have said.

Hard to believe he is still getting these jobs, and people are still talking so highly of him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2017, 06:12:46 pm »

Hodgson isn't a very nice guy though is he.he is a snidey know nothing fraud.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2017, 06:20:08 pm »
I genuinely hate that bastard of a man. Genuine hatred. I'm not proud of myself but in this case, I couldn't give a bi-winged shit!
And in short, I was afraid

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2017, 06:47:32 pm »
Those quotes....

Wow... how quickly the pain heals...

Worth noting that they all came in only 3 or 4 months....  if he'd stayed longer god knows what would have happened.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2017, 06:48:41 pm »
Those quotes....

Wow... how quickly the pain heals...

Worth noting that they all came in only 3 or 4 months....  if he'd stayed longer god knows what would have happened.

We'd be having a lovely discussion of how we're going to overcome the mighty Scunthorpe this weekend.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2017, 06:51:47 pm »
That's the thing. We've had bad seasons before and after him. We've had Cup upsets before and after him. Yet never were they excused by the manager in such a way. The list of shot was endless, the grinning after the Derby defeat, the Northampton game, the truly dreadful Blackpool and Wolves defeats, even the New Years Day win over Bolton was a struggle and had genuine mixed feelings amongst some.

Remember a home game (Fulham) being snowed off in December and feeling relief that my weekend wouldn't be ruined!

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2017, 06:59:18 pm »

Well when he left in Mid-January, we were in 12th place, and only 4 points above the relegation zone. So I dread to think...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2017, 07:01:40 pm »

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2017, 07:02:21 pm »
Look at that adorable little face.

Looks like Mrs Tiggywinkle.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »
That's the thing. We've had bad seasons before and after him. We've had Cup upsets before and after him. Yet never were they excused by the manager in such a way. The list of shot was endless, the grinning after the Derby defeat, the Northampton game, the truly dreadful Blackpool and Wolves defeats, even the New Years Day win over Bolton was a struggle and had genuine mixed feelings amongst some.

Remember a home game (Fulham) being snowed off in December and feeling relief that my weekend wouldn't be ruined!

The Wolves defeat was the absolute nadir. I've never felt so depressed watching Liverpool before or since that season. Hodgson threw practically everyone he could under the bus. In fact I fully expect him to comment on how unlucky he was during his time year should he still be in the job the next time we play them.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2017, 07:03:23 pm »

You beat me to it.

Fucking nauseating isn't it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2017, 07:03:33 pm »
"I think I'd have to say we'd cross that bridge when we come to it. I am pretty sure when a great player like Wayne Rooney is looking to leave his club, Manchester United will be in a position to target an awful lot of players around the world. They will have the opportunity to replace him with many star strikers around the world, so all I can say is I am not naive to the situation. I am not naive enough to think there is no danger we will ever lose a player like Fernando Torres.”
--- Roy looks to end a 46-year mutual transfer embargo between the two arch-rivals by issuing a 'come and get him' plea to Alex Ferguson concerning his star striker.
When I think of the Owl and us, that quote is the first thing that comes to my mind, absolutely made my blood boil  :wanker

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2017, 07:17:51 pm »
The "feted" quote is still the best one to me
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2017, 07:25:20 pm »
Roy Hodgson has been appointed as the new manager of Crystal Palace. ➡ http://bbc.in/2xvrBT2

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2017, 07:25:38 pm »
Roy Hodgson has been appointed as the new manager of Crystal Palace. ➡ http://bbc.in/2xvrBT2

They deserve it. Hope they go down.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2017, 07:27:53 pm »
Look at that adorable little face.

Looks like Mrs Tiggywinkle.

Mrs Tiggywinkle deserves better than that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2017, 07:30:13 pm »
I remember the season after Hodgson, we lost to his West Brom team 1-0 at Anfield. I don't think I've ever hated a result more.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2017, 07:31:42 pm »
I want Palace relegated, they deserve to be down in the championship where they belong.

I was understandably disappointed when Frank was sacked because he was doing such an excellent job in achieving my desire.

Imagine, therefore, my joy that the dickheads have sought out, from all that is available, for an established premier league club, Roy fucking Hodgson. It is the equivalent of choosing suicide to avoid being murdered.

Roy, for years, cultivated the genial elder statesman of football image till we, belatedly, uncovered the egotistical shallow arse of a man that, four years later, everyone discovered.

Good luck Palace, I suspect you may be playing Shrewsbury next year
aarf, aarf, aarf.