Author Topic: Cat advice thread  (Read 106464 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cat advice thread
« Reply #800 on: February 16, 2019, 11:08:15 pm »
Fuck off.

That's a mature reaction
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #801 on: February 16, 2019, 11:28:08 pm »
Suggest an alternative?

We feed ours Chicken breast (nice and cheap frozen) for tea,Whitefish (Tesco frozen) for breakfast (they love it when it starts breaking down and getting real stinky) & Chicken hearts for supper,they also get grain free dry (zooplus) just to make sure that they're getting all the nutrients they need.

Crazy thing is,our cat food bill almost halved when we started feeding them that lot & we were only feeding them either felix or Whiskas (whatever was on offer),so it wasn't like we were feeding an expensive food before.

Tuna is sound as a treat but isn't good for them as a main staple.

Only had 2 cats but another one forced itself into our house the other winter,little twat used to come in and rob the food,tapped him in and gave it a scare before putting it out on its arse,didn't give a fuck,so in the end we kept him in and sent to cat protection as he wasn't being looked after (I had to cut his hair myself). Whoever "owned" him saw the ad and claimed him back but that winter he came to the back door catflap crying one night when we were feeding the other 2,it was a really cold spell so we gave in and let him move in.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: February 17, 2019, 01:50:08 am »
Suggest an alternative?

How do you expect me to do that?
I don't have the intellect to think of anything that could possibly replace a non-renewable oceanic apex predator that is fast becoming endangered as dinner for your pet cat.
How about some lightly grilled Siberian tiger, or fillet of white rhinoceros?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: February 17, 2019, 02:57:33 am »
I don't have the intellect to think of anything that could possibly replace a non-renewable oceanic apex predator that is fast becoming endangered as dinner for your pet cat.

The tuna we get from a tin isn't the endangered kind,it's also not good as cat food.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: February 17, 2019, 10:57:58 am »
Then don't come on here giving it the big one about me feeding my cat some tuna, which millions of other people around the world also happen to do.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: February 17, 2019, 11:18:56 am »
Then don't come on here giving it the big one about me feeding my cat some tuna, which millions of other people around the world also happen to do.

You don't do sarcasm do you?
And the fact that millions around the world do is exactly the fucking point..........

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: February 17, 2019, 11:20:18 am »

The tuna we get from a tin isn't the endangered kind,it's also not good as cat food.

All tuna is on the way to becoming endangered.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: February 17, 2019, 11:23:05 am »
You don't do sarcasm do you?
And the fact that millions around the world do is exactly the fucking point..........
Let me just give those million people a quick call then not to buy tuna because Brissyred told us not to.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: February 17, 2019, 12:10:10 pm »
Let me just give those million people a quick call then not to buy tuna because Brissyred told us not to.

Other people do it so it makes it ok? Gotcha  ::)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: February 17, 2019, 12:36:59 pm »
Other people do it so it makes it ok? Gotcha  ::)
Fucking hell you make it sound like I've murdered someone get a grip. I'll continue to feed my cat tuna whether you like it or not.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: February 17, 2019, 12:45:09 pm »
I'll continue to feed my cat tuna whether you like it or not.

I have no doubt you will.........

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: February 17, 2019, 01:04:49 pm »
Could you two pussies get a room?

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: February 17, 2019, 01:29:35 pm »
That's a mature reaction

Stupid comments like that don’t warrant one.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: February 17, 2019, 04:34:21 pm »
All tuna is on the way to becoming endangered.

In the same way that cows are on their way to becoming endangered.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: February 17, 2019, 04:35:09 pm »
Fucking hell you make it sound like I've murdered someone get a grip. I'll continue to feed my cat tuna whether you like it or not.

Is that all you feed it ?  You may think that you're giving it the best food possible but it really isn't mate.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: February 17, 2019, 04:44:50 pm »

Is that all you feed it ?  You may think that you're giving it the best food possible but it really isn't mate.
Nope I always mix it up with a varied diet. I give him tuna, normal cat food (Whiskas) and chicken.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: February 17, 2019, 04:51:13 pm »
I mostly feed my cat Foie Gras and veal, for the record.

Luckily there’s plenty of ducks and baby cows around so my conciencse is clear on that score.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:52:49 pm by Jm55 »

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: February 17, 2019, 09:35:27 pm »

In the same way that cows are on their way to becoming endangered.

Ah, so we're farming tuna now are we?  ::)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: February 17, 2019, 09:37:32 pm »
Ah, so we're farming tuna now are we?  ::)

You're a fucking delight you are.

Fact is not all species of Tuna are becoming endangered,you are wrong.

And yes smartarse,we do farm Tuna. :P

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: February 17, 2019, 10:41:51 pm »
Is this the fish advice thread now?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: February 17, 2019, 11:08:31 pm »

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: March 24, 2019, 08:32:10 pm »
Our cat passed away last night. She was in the last stage of kidney disease and we had her on iv fluids, but she had been improving over the last few days. She was the sweetest cat I had ever met.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #822 on: March 24, 2019, 08:32:36 pm »
Sorry for your loss Vaga!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #823 on: March 24, 2019, 08:43:09 pm »
Sorry Vaga :(

That’s really sad.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #824 on: March 24, 2019, 08:48:07 pm »
Aww, sorry to hear that :(
We are a team of one half.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: March 24, 2019, 09:03:09 pm »
Sorry about your loss Vaga

Since this is the advice thread I might as well ask. What's the signs of your cats having an illness like that? Just so I know when to pick up on the red flags my cat might give out.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: March 24, 2019, 09:06:43 pm »
Thanks everyone, this is the first time I am going through a loss of an animal friend. It's tough.
---Rilke

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: March 24, 2019, 09:08:18 pm »
Sorry about your loss Vaga

Since this is the advice thread I might as well ask. What's the signs of your cats having an illness like that? Just so I know when to pick up on the red flags my cat might give out.

If they start drinking a lot more water than normal and are urinating a lot more than normal, that would be a sign that their kidneys are struggling.
---Rilke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: March 24, 2019, 09:33:52 pm »
If they start drinking a lot more water than normal and are urinating a lot more than normal, that would be a sign that their kidneys are struggling.
Mine never has water, he only has milk. Strange as I thought cats loved water but mine never touches it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: March 24, 2019, 10:02:01 pm »
Mine never has water, he only has milk. Strange as I thought cats loved water but mine never touches it.

Milk is bad for cats.

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: March 25, 2019, 12:14:06 am »
Sad to hear of your loss, vagabond. Allow yourself to grieve - the loss of a beloved pet can be devastating and sometimes it's not recognised how hard it hits us.

Is your cat indoors only? Cats can get a lot of their water from wet food and prey. If your cat goes out they're almost certainly drinking water but from puddles and the like.

Cats absolutely need a source of clean drinking water and it is critical if they are fed only dry food. Despite their tendency to drink from strange sources they much prefer fresh water. Ideally at home, this should be placed away from their usual feeding station.

Milk is generally considered pretty bad for cats. It is not recommended - even the commercial lactose-free varieties. Cow's milk is especially bad. You are in danger of creating the kind of kidney problems noted above. A saucer of milk for the cat is a popular image, but we know much better now.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #831 on: March 25, 2019, 08:47:43 am »

You shouldn't be giving your cat milk.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: July 15, 2019, 07:57:29 pm »
You shouldn't be giving your cat milk.
Didn't see this. He never has water though so always have to end up giving him milk.

Just dropped him off at a cattery for the first time, it's rough.  Feel like an emotional father dropping his son off to school for the very first time.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #833 on: July 15, 2019, 10:03:01 pm »
You mean the cattery s rough? Which one have you used?

Milk can upset some cats' stomachs. Mine have water and cat milk as a treat a few times a year. It's the lactose that does it, many cats can't take it. But if yours isn't ill after having it, they are probably not affected.

One of mine is ok with it (she stole some, that's how I know!) but it makes the other two loose ::)

Some catteries have FB pages so you can see pictures of them "on holiday" :)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #834 on: July 15, 2019, 10:45:28 pm »
I've used Liverpool-based The Cat Sit Company to drop in to visit mine once or twice a day the last couple of times I've been away - really thorough reports (including photos & videos) during each visit...brilliant service.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: July 15, 2019, 11:24:47 pm »
You mean the cattery s rough? Which one have you used?
Oh no I meant the bit about dropping him off, felt a bit emotional. Mainly due to him crying like a baby :(

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #836 on: July 15, 2019, 11:58:23 pm »
Oh no I meant the bit about dropping him off, felt a bit emotional. Mainly due to him crying like a baby :(
Oh good - well, sort of! He'll be well looked after and ok I bet! Mine moan about going there but are quite happy after I've gone. Plenty of food, catnip, beds, toys.... and cuddles several times a day :) They were in no rush to come home last time but again happy once we got home. It's just the moving they aren't keen on.

Be brave!! :D

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: July 16, 2019, 12:58:34 pm »
My cat's a fuckin knobhead twat!!!!
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: July 16, 2019, 01:05:14 pm »
My cat's a fuckin knobhead twat!!!!

They do take after their owners. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: July 16, 2019, 03:29:59 pm »
They do take after their owners. :)

Yeah, I'm sure he speaks highly of me  :-\

Then again if he'd just bought a new golf top (which he wouldn't obviously as he cant play golf - an opposable thumb thing I think) I wouldn't use it as a scratching mat and then not give a fuck.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.