Author Topic: Kabak signs  (Read 164597 times)

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kabak signs
« Reply #560 on: February 17, 2021, 09:33:39 am »
Thought he looked alright. Not great, but alright, which, considering his age and the fact he's pretty much been thrown into the side with little bedding in time, into one of the biggest games of our season thus far, is actually pretty great really.

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #561 on: February 17, 2021, 09:41:06 am »
what are people expecting  ? - someone to be on a par with Van Dyke ?
the lad did really well last night
thought he did us proud

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: February 17, 2021, 10:04:32 am »
Good performance - got a lot of unnecessary stick after Leicester. Showed a good mentality to put that out his head and didn't really put a foot wrong.

Everton will be a big test for him - they'll be very physical and Richarlison will look to get in behind and draw silly fouls.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: February 17, 2021, 10:24:35 am »
Can see why Klopp would like him. He looks good at breaking out in to midfield with the ball similar to gomez and van dijk.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #564 on: February 17, 2021, 10:29:30 am »
Can see why Klopp would like him. He looks good at breaking out in to midfield with the ball similar to gomez and van dijk.
For a 20-year-old he looks quite good at ball carrying and passing in the online compilations. Lots of time to get better as well. At the moment he seems to be under instructions to mostly keep it simple. There were a number of occasions in the last two games when for a split second you saw him looking to move with the ball or attempt a creative pass before stopping himself and just passing short to Trent. No doubt he'll be given his head after he's got used to his teammates and the system.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: February 17, 2021, 10:31:21 am »
He's a young man and did really well last night. Hopefully people remember that going forwards.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #566 on: February 17, 2021, 10:32:02 am »
That screenshot doesn't actually show what you want it to Al  :D As others have said if you took a screenshot from two seconds earlier it would show Henderson and Kabak pretty level. Hendo bites on the dummy move towards the ball by Hwang and then gets done in behind.

Very disingenuous screenshot, but I can't blame you for that as I'm not sure if you took it.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: February 17, 2021, 11:09:52 am »
Done well ..

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: February 17, 2021, 11:17:46 am »
Comes into one of the top sides in the world from a poor side straight into a huge champions league game and did really well. What's not to like.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: February 17, 2021, 11:21:40 am »
I'm not sure what the point is when saying he was too deep? If he was in line with the rest of the defence then the attacker is still onside, it's a very good run, he sold Hendo the dummy and got in behind. I'm not sure I understand the point in this particular point, yes going forward you want the CB's to maintain the line but surely as he gets more games and experience he'll improve on that. Too much nitpicking going on IMO, he did well, he's shown in both games that he can be a good signing for us, there is plenty to improve on but for a 20 year old playing in a new league and playing in a defence that has Hendo or Fab besides him as opposed to any of our top level CB's, he's doing alright. Look at Upamecano yesterday, he's moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world and was linked with a few other top clubs, his performance was pretty bad, comparing the two I thought Kabak had the better game.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #570 on: February 17, 2021, 12:02:00 pm »
He done well and seems to have impressed most of us given that he is only young, especially after the incident leading to a goal in his debut.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: February 17, 2021, 12:09:06 pm »
Genuinely miles better than some of the lads who have (manfully) filled in for us at CB.

Still hard to tell how good he is long term but only 20 and plays like a senior player.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #572 on: February 17, 2021, 12:39:07 pm »
Kabak is still very young for a centre back and he’s still learning his trade. He has a fantastic opportunity to learn at a great club and from great players around him. Yes he’ll make the odd mistake but that’s part of learning.

The one worry I have at the moment is that he may tend to jump into tackles when he shouldn’t and may pick up lots of yellow cards and possibly the odd red one. However he looks like he’s up to the challenge.
#JFT97

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #573 on: February 17, 2021, 12:41:15 pm »

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #574 on: February 17, 2021, 01:35:18 pm »

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #575 on: February 17, 2021, 01:51:33 pm »
Runs funny. The last time we had a funny runner everyone hated him and we had to swap him for the famous rapper Deuce Dempsey at Fulham.

Thought he did well last night considering the Leicester game was a tough debut, had some confidence and didn’t shy away from trying to play a bit when it was on. Pretty good in the air for a non giant. Hard to tell on recovery speed. Not super quick but not treading water slow either. 

If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #576 on: February 17, 2021, 02:09:31 pm »
I'm sure he gave someone the finger last night though the "I was just scratching my nose" routine

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: February 17, 2021, 02:59:07 pm »
I bet he's chuffed for finally beating a german team this season :D
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #578 on: February 17, 2021, 03:12:59 pm »
Anyone else think he looks like Dick Tracy? No?  Kabak P.I.  :D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #579 on: February 17, 2021, 03:36:23 pm »
Quietly impressive last night, beat the first line of Red Bull's excellent pressing game with a few timely surges forward. Promising.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #580 on: February 17, 2021, 03:45:44 pm »
He dropped his shoulder to beat a player a couple of times as well. It didnt 'quite' work but I reckon he's got it in his game to be pretty good bringing the ball out of defence for us once he's got some confidence. Not sure about his long passing but I dont really think he needs that with Hendo next to him
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #581 on: February 17, 2021, 04:51:03 pm »
Second full game, aged twenty.
He'll have tougher tests for sure and is still learning the game but the boy done good. Best of luck to him.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: February 17, 2021, 07:38:48 pm »
Richarlison will look to get in behind and draw silly fouls.

And try to break the lad's leg.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #583 on: February 17, 2021, 08:00:51 pm »
He’s done well, can see his impact on team too
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #584 on: February 17, 2021, 08:04:25 pm »
A comment on the clip above where they nearly scored.

Henderson was the one who had a rush of blood to the head and sprinted out of position. That was the only thing that he did wrong all night; but it wasn’t Kabak who was at fault.
#JFT97

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #585 on: February 17, 2021, 09:29:42 pm »
you could take a photo of anyone at a random time of day free of context and use it to slag them off

"ffs why is he spilling the tea like that? clumsy fucker" (only what really happened was you moved the cup back from its tilt in time to avoid an incident!)

Very snide, even by Al's standards

YNWA - unless you're defence and you're new

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #586 on: February 17, 2021, 10:35:39 pm »
you could take a photo of anyone at a random time of day free of context and use it to slag them off

"ffs why is he spilling the tea like that? clumsy fucker" (only what really happened was you moved the cup back from its tilt in time to avoid an incident!)

Very snide, even by Al's standards

YNWA - unless you're defence and you're new

This is what I put mate.

I am not criticising Kabak. He has come from a relegation team that looks to drop off.

We are pretty unique in that even if we haven't got pressure on the ball our first instinct is to push out. Kabak needs to get used to that. 

The toughest part of playing for us as a centre back is knowing when to drop. We tend to hold our line much longer than most teams. Kabak will need time to get used to that.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: February 18, 2021, 12:17:28 am »
This is what I put mate.

The toughest part of playing for us as a centre back is knowing when to drop. We tend to hold our line much longer than most teams. Kabak will need time to get used to that.

He didn't drop though? He stayed where he was, Henderson makes it look like he's dropped off because he's sprinted forward 3-5 yards.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #588 on: February 18, 2021, 12:49:15 am »
Kabak is in a pretty poor position.

kabak" border="0

Thats true, you can see from the way hes no more than 15 feet outside the semi circle that hes likely getting into Allisons territory  ;D  He should stick up at the centre circle if he can. Likely to get a boot in the back where hes stood.

He'll learn not to drop quite as quick i assume. Got Shalke derangement syndrome most likely, where if the ball crossed half the danger was imminent.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #589 on: February 18, 2021, 01:01:56 am »
Also,fwiw  i dont think hes slow at all. Im not even sure why people think that except hes been in pretty good positions and not really had to sprint that much, except once in Leicester he couldn't turn and close a man that  ran off his shoulder in 2 steps. nobody can, thats why people play off the shoulder of the last man. Its hard to tell in the limited viewing but i would say hes got above average speed for a prem cb.

For me it remains to be seen exactly where his pace is at but the way he plays and positions himself is not the way a slow guy would do it.  after game one everyones all "omg hes a turtle" and i just dont see it. I guess we will see.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #590 on: February 18, 2021, 01:41:49 am »
Also,fwiw  i dont think hes slow at all. Im not even sure why people think that except hes been in pretty good positions and not really had to sprint that much, except once in Leicester he couldn't turn and close a man that  ran off his shoulder in 2 steps. nobody can, thats why people play off the shoulder of the last man. Its hard to tell in the limited viewing but i would say hes got above average speed for a prem cb.

For me it remains to be seen exactly where his pace is at but the way he plays and positions himself is not the way a slow guy would do it.  after game one everyones all "omg hes a turtle" and i just dont see it. I guess we will see.

He's not slow but he's slow on the turn but even then, he looks faster than Rhys or Nat, which is a positive. He's also strong physically and seems to be smart at reading danger, the only problem is that he's played in a team that had to sit deep and fight for most of the game at Schalke and suddenly having to play a consistent highline will take some getting used to. A decent game against Leipzig where I think he did well. Don't think he was as outstanding as media would have you believe, but he did look more comfortable and that is a good sign. Still not so confident in a few things like playing a long ball which I've seen him being decent at, so there's more to come still.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #591 on: February 18, 2021, 08:04:46 am »
there's deffo more things to come

and he'll start the derby

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #592 on: February 18, 2021, 08:23:54 am »
there's deffo more things to come

and he'll start the derby

First three games are a baptism of fire for him. The fast attack of Leicester with Vardy who's one of the toughest forwards to face, a CL game away at one of the most attacking teams around and then a derby. Had Fabinho stayed fit he might not have played any given he's barely trained with the team. After Saturday that eases off a bit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: February 18, 2021, 09:48:48 am »
First three games are a baptism of fire for him. The fast attack of Leicester with Vardy who's one of the toughest forwards to face, a CL game away at one of the most attacking teams around and then a derby. Had Fabinho stayed fit he might not have played any given he's barely trained with the team. After Saturday that eases off a bit.

hopefully he gets more and more confident on playing with this high line and pressing defensive system, and also aggressive attacking full backs which means as a CB you are more exposed down the channels (like Vardy and Leicester exploited).

Interesting to see how poor Upamecano was for RB Leipzig  against us after big money transfer to Bayern and also Kounde Sevilla's defence was so easily pierced by a good performing Dortmund team (I really think we should get Haarland in the summer - the man is a beast in front of goal and it would be criminal if he went to City or Chelsea or any other team).

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #594 on: February 18, 2021, 11:48:37 am »
He didn't drop though? He stayed where he was, Henderson makes it look like he's dropped off because he's sprinted forward 3-5 yards.

Our first response to losing the ball is to press, block the passing lanes and push up. We drop when the press has been beaten. It is about triggers. The back four has to press as a unit or drop as a unit.

For me with the two centre backs being deeper when Hendo pushes out to press Hwang then Kabak has to go with him. It is just getting used to the system for me.

I think the whole team is caught in two minds between dropping and forming a low block and pressing. We got away with it against Leipzig but if we go further then we need to improve as a unit. It is early days and hopefully Kabak can adjust quickly.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #595 on: February 18, 2021, 11:55:03 am »
Our first response to losing the ball is to press, block the passing lanes and push up. We drop when the press has been beaten. It is about triggers. The back four has to press as a unit or drop as a unit.

For me with the two centre backs being deeper when Hendo pushes out to press Hwang then Kabak has to go with him. It is just getting used to the system for me.

I think the whole team is caught in two minds between dropping and forming a low block and pressing. We got away with it against Leipzig but if we go further then we need to improve as a unit. It is early days and hopefully Kabak can adjust quickly.
How well you can learn that with little training time is the question. It’s not easy for any player let alone a 20 year old.

The instinct is to drop... and it’s that instinct that will cause us all sorts of problems at the back.

Really there are no easy solutions.  But the lad is 20, none of this is his fault so good luck to him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: February 18, 2021, 12:31:56 pm »

So, let me guess this right. You'd rather both our centre back had bitten on the dummy run towards the ball from Hwang and then allowed him to slip around the corner and be able to square it to a free man in the middle now that Kabak had also vacated the space?

Even if Kabak stepped up Henderson was playing Hwang onside.

The correct thing to do in your mind was to concede an easy tap in in the last minute of a Champions League knockout game?

No one is in any doubt that we play a high line and I agree that Kabak needs to get more used to this. In this instance though he was correct in what he did. Hendo bit on a dummy run, he wasn't going to press any ball so your other points are moot. It's not Henderson's job to press a midfielder on the ball when he's playing centre-back. His job is to stay with the runner and anticipate where that run is being made. He got it wrong in this instance, he'll learn from it of that I'm sure. Kabak did us a favour by not jumping out with Henderson.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #597 on: February 18, 2021, 12:44:33 pm »

It's a good photo, made great by one of the group being called Clusterman.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #598 on: February 18, 2021, 12:59:55 pm »
So, let me guess this right. You'd rather both our centre back had bitten on the dummy run towards the ball from Hwang and then allowed him to slip around the corner and be able to square it to a free man in the middle now that Kabak had also vacated the space?

Even if Kabak stepped up Henderson was playing Hwang onside.

The correct thing to do in your mind was to concede an easy tap in in the last minute of a Champions League knockout game?

No one is in any doubt that we play a high line and I agree that Kabak needs to get more used to this. In this instance though he was correct in what he did. Hendo bit on a dummy run, he wasn't going to press any ball so your other points are moot. It's not Henderson's job to press a midfielder on the ball when he's playing centre-back. His job is to stay with the runner and anticipate where that run is being made. He got it wrong in this instance, he'll learn from it of that I'm sure. Kabak did us a favour by not jumping out with Henderson.

Firstly Hwang is a centre forward not a midfield player, so he is Hendo's responsibility. Secondly if Hwang squares it to Poulson and Kabak had pushed out then Poulson would be flagged offside.

The centre backs need to play as a pair. They either push out together or drop together when you are playing a team with two strikers. As I said it is just an organisational problem. Hopefully we can get a settled centre back pairing and they can iron things out.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #599 on: February 18, 2021, 01:41:17 pm »
He's going to eat Richarlison alive.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.