Author Topic: Kabak signs  (Read 163663 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Kabak signs
« Reply #400 on: February 13, 2021, 10:47:45 pm »
It seems people are writing him off already after 90 minutes. Amazing.
It seem people are going to bounce into this thread every hour or so and declare people are "writing him off" despite nothing to indicate that's happening.

Amazing.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: February 13, 2021, 11:19:17 pm »

I think you'll find that plenty wrote him off before and during the game, spare a thought for Ben Davies who was written off before the ink was dry on his contract.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2021, 11:21:26 pm »
It seem people are going to bounce into this thread every hour or so and declare people are "writing him off" despite nothing to indicate that's happening.

Amazing.

Seriously? Please refer to page 9 of this thread. Too slow & not good enough while playing for Schalke are already being mentioned.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #403 on: February 13, 2021, 11:25:41 pm »
I think you'll find that plenty wrote him off before and during the game, spare a thought for Ben Davies who was written off before the ink was dry on his contract.

Ben Davies better not make any mistakes. The first mistake he make there will be on shithead here that will say this 'That is the reason he was playing in the Championship at the age of 25 and the only other team that wanted him was Celtic'.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: February 13, 2021, 11:35:28 pm »
Agree. Nat Phillips is massively unlucky. Nat is faster than him.

:hally
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2021, 11:37:19 pm »
If Allison did not shout Kabak did nothing wrong for the second goal. For the third one he should have stayed level with Henderson and that would have put Barnes in an offside position. He made a decent recovery run but could have been better if he started early and ran in a straight line towards the goal. Overall I think he made a decent debut.

I noticed he was dropping deep in any similar situation. It’s understandable really since he’s not used to our system.

My issue is the way we have signed him on loan. He will not be given the proper time to integrate because at the end of the day this is a trial and if it’s thought we have even slightly better options they will play ahead of him. No way will we pay the fee come summer if he only gets 5 games or so. Damned if you do damned if don’t.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: February 14, 2021, 01:08:15 am »
First impressions, hes not very good. He looks way short of what we need, like behind Nat Phillips in terms of performance.

Still a young kid, but he only has 14 league games to make an impression if he wants to join permanently and he must do better than that.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #407 on: February 14, 2021, 01:29:35 am »
Kabaks Net Spend is shit for a 20 year old. When i was 20 i could drink my whole wage packet before Wednesday and this lads solvent. FSG out.

looked fast as hell to me, and quite a good debut. In his whole life a goalie probably never showed up at that spot, Ali's the highest sweeper in the world more or less. For sure he was totally taken aback,he probably would have thought himself a tad high let alone his goalie.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #408 on: February 14, 2021, 08:26:11 am »
Much too soon to judge. Gets a free pass for about ten games in my opinion. New country, new formation, new style of play. And he’s only 20. I wish him all the best. He looked very conservative yesterday with him always being positioned the deeper of the two CBs when in possession - Henderson naturally being a bit more involved in play. He made at least one raid forward in a good phase of play, so he’s not afraid to contribute to a bit of forward thrust.

I’d love to know what his Leicester counterpart Soyuncu was saying to him as they walked off yesterday.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: February 14, 2021, 08:29:05 am »
He wasnt in line with the rest of the defence as much but that is to be expected. He looked nervous as well but that too is to be expected.

Again goes back to the decision to sign him so late. I dont mind whichever defender we brought in, but when we have a whole system to bring him into, why so bloody late?

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: February 14, 2021, 09:30:51 am »
He wasnt in line with the rest of the defence as much but that is to be expected. He looked nervous as well but that too is to be expected.

Again goes back to the decision to sign him so late. I dont mind whichever defender we brought in, but when we have a whole system to bring him into, why so bloody late?
Only the owners can answer that question.

Waited until the last day to stick their hands in the bargain bin.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #411 on: February 14, 2021, 09:55:35 am »
Watched him 3 yards deeper than the line the whole game, which is completely understandable coming to a new league, into a high line team, from last place in the Bunda.

All said, I’m not sold, He doesn’t seem to have absolute elite physical abilities, maybe I’m wrong. 20yo though....
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: February 14, 2021, 09:56:46 am »
Yeah he didn’t look up to much to me either.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: February 14, 2021, 10:14:42 am »
He is 20 years old, coming to a new club in a new country, and had his debut against one of the most dangerous strikers in the league. All things considered, I think he did pretty well, and will come good for us ...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #414 on: February 14, 2021, 10:21:25 am »
Cant blame him for the Alisson one.  That’s just players not knowing each other. It’s preseason stuff really.

He did play them onside for the next though...

He’s not as quick as I’d hoped, doesn’t seem hugely quicker than Phillips (although quicker than Williams who is sensationally slow).

Good luck to the lad though.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #415 on: February 14, 2021, 10:25:54 am »
whats with this cant be any good cos he came fron schalke who are bottom of the league.
Robbo came from hull and gini from newcastle  2 relegated teams
they both took time to bed in.

thought he looked ok - gotta give him some time and dont forget when others are fit he would be our 4th / 5th choice CB

Online LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #416 on: February 14, 2021, 12:03:24 pm »

Playing with a central midfielder in defence too what do people expect

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #417 on: February 14, 2021, 12:10:48 pm »
There’s a reason Liverpool where not willing to go down the route of committing to buy. If he can prove his worth in the next few weeks, great, if not, we move on. The losers in it will be Schalke who are deserate for money, and will then have to try and find another buyer. But it is what it is.

He never has been fast, so that side of things should not be a surprise!

But at least for now he’s an extra body in a depleted defence. Hopefully Fab is back soon so Hendo can move back to midfield. Then it’s just a case of who gets a run of games in defence, be it Ozan, Davies or Philipps.

It’s actually bonkers that this is where we are at, wondering which young or vastly inexperienced (and likely Championship level, no offence) defender partners our best midfielder at the back,  what a mad season.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: February 14, 2021, 12:59:04 pm »
One thing we have to remember is that the guy is 20 years old. He is ridiculously young for a centreback.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: February 14, 2021, 01:06:01 pm »
He’s 20 and we don’t afford CBS the luxury of sitting deep making last gasp challenges or just heading away long balls and crosses with the way we play so coming into our side is a huge ask. He’ll need time to settle and our equivalent of having protection is having a strong DM patrolling in front of our back line. If he’s not in the defence then having Fab in the side will help display our CBs true quality.

Judging our CBs while not having a strong 6 in our set up is Like judging a Torres type without a provider with good passing ability

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #420 on: February 14, 2021, 01:11:31 pm »
There’s a reason Liverpool where not willing to go down the route of committing to buy. If he can prove his worth in the next few weeks, great, if not, we move on. The losers in it will be Schalke who are deserate for money, and will then have to try and find another buyer. But it is what it is.

He never has been fast, so that side of things should not be a surprise!

But at least for now he’s an extra body in a depleted defence. Hopefully Fab is back soon so Hendo can move back to midfield. Then it’s just a case of who gets a run of games in defence, be it Ozan, Davies or Philipps.

It’s actually bonkers that this is where we are at, wondering which young or vastly inexperienced (and likely Championship level, no offence) defender partners our best midfielder at the back,  what a mad season.

A consequence of lack of investment over two full seasons by FSG.
Scraping the barrel at the end of the transfer window was pretty shocking.
Despite all this the time to even beginning to judge Kabak will be in 2-3 weeks.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #421 on: February 14, 2021, 01:15:01 pm »
A consequence of lack of investment over two full seasons by FSG.
Scraping the barrel at the end of the transfer window was pretty shocking.
Despite all this the time to even beginning to judge Kabak will be in 2-3 weeks.

it’s going to be tough to judge him properly for fans anyway even after a few weeks, the coaches of course will have the benefit of seeing him in training!

Defo tough for a 20 year old to not only come into a new team, in a new league, but one which doesn’t even have a fit senior central defender for him to work with in training let alone play alongside. And a team going through a really bad spell.  That’s one hell of an ask to expect him (or Ben Davies) to just get it from the off. 

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: February 14, 2021, 06:03:47 pm »
It is a big ask for Kabak. Hes basicslly our last roll of the dice in an awful season. If he doesnt turn out to be the next Gomez were basically back to 2 of Fab, Hendo and Nat Philips being our best CB pair and the season is a bust. Big couple of weeks for the lad.
Football is a lie

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #423 on: February 14, 2021, 06:42:55 pm »
He was nervy and it showed. He'll get better once he gets a few games. That mixup didn't help either. Being the new lad he probably didn't expect the goalie to come for that ball. Hopefully he can brush this aside and not let it play into his head. Didn't do too badly but I hope he shows more calmness and composure over the next few games because he definitely wasn't comfortable yesterday.
I am not writing him off, but forcing the transfer clause to be optional could be very important in testing the lad's character because he'll have to fight for that move from here on out.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: February 14, 2021, 06:44:57 pm »
It is a big ask for Kabak. Hes basicslly our last roll of the dice in an awful season. If he doesnt turn out to be the next Gomez were basically back to 2 of Fab, Hendo and Nat Philips being our best CB pair and the season is a bust. Big couple of weeks for the lad.

I think Ben Davies will surprise us. He was our insurance for Kabak, who, like has been said was a last roll of the dice. Jury still out on both, but I expect a lot more from Davies than I do of Kabak.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: February 14, 2021, 06:47:30 pm »
I think Ben Davies will surprise us. He was our insurance for Kabak, who, like has been said was a last roll of the dice. Jury still out on both, but I expect a lot more from Davies than I do of Kabak.

Hopefully youre right but also possible he doesnt even get a game. Its unfair on any the 2 new CBs but thats the corner weve painted ourselves into.
Football is a lie

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #426 on: February 14, 2021, 08:18:26 pm »
Hopefully youre right but also possible he doesnt even get a game. Its unfair on any the 2 new CBs but thats the corner weve painted ourselves into.

The  first few games were unfortunate after the window. Man City, Leicester who are a quick attacking side and with Vardy, Leipzig who are similar and a CL game and then the Derby.

I don't think Klopp would have ideally wanted to throw either in for that run. Rather give them a few weeks training and then ease them in for a lighter run of games after that. It didn't help that we needed CB's to get Fabinho/Henderson back in midfield but Kabak comes in and we've still got neither of them in midfield. It would have been easier if he had Fabinho in front of him at least dropping back.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #427 on: February 14, 2021, 08:36:58 pm »
If Allison did not shout Kabak did nothing wrong for the second goal. For the third one he should have stayed level with Henderson and that would have put Barnes in an offside position. He made a decent recovery run but could have been better if he started early and ran in a straight line towards the goal. Overall I think he made a decent debut.

I don't think it was Kabak's fault he was dealing with the ball when he got clattered by Allison miles out of his goal; when it was not needed. Also, Thiago should have tracked Barnes and seen his run way before he did.  A lot more work needed on the training field me thinks.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: February 14, 2021, 08:37:10 pm »
The amount of people writing him off in here is frankly odd

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #429 on: February 14, 2021, 08:49:21 pm »

Panic addition.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #430 on: February 14, 2021, 08:52:19 pm »
.......................................Nat is faster than him.
Don't think so.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #431 on: February 14, 2021, 08:53:06 pm »
Panic addition.
Thing is, Kabak wasn't signed in a panic, it took longer if you read about Degen's involvement.

Buy why wasn't Caleta-Car signed at the turn of the NY? Kabak could always join in even if we didn't go for Davies.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: February 14, 2021, 10:32:57 pm »
Thing is, Kabak wasn't signed in a panic, it took longer if you read about Degen's involvement.

Buy why wasn't Caleta-Car signed at the turn of the NY? Kabak could always join in even if we didn't go for Davies.

I agree he wasn't a panic buy but he wasn't high up on the list. The deal was structured to make sure we could get out of it if it didn't work out. It's easy to talk about not making deals at the turn of the year, but my feeling is that our first choice was someone who we could get early in the summer and we've done that in the past and done it well. It just went completely wrong this time, even more so with Matip's season ending injury. Not saying that we didn't screw up, but we did it according to how we've operated in the recent past and it just didn't work out this time. The transfer lads and Kloppo will take this experience for future planning and will be better for it. In all honesty, our current situation could not be completely turned around by throwing money at it. It just has been that kind of season.

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: February 14, 2021, 10:41:42 pm »
Don't think so.

He's faster than philips but looked far less dominant in the air, which was highlighted as a supposed strength for him (maybe just the nerves). Didn't see him have enough recovery pace either, but I am putting it down to being the first game, no pre-season and having to get up to speed and tempo.
To be honest, most of us are waiting for someone to start appearing like a solution right now. Thiago has had sparks, but he's far too rash without the ball and his link up play is still developing with our lads. Bobby's had a season where he's been blowing hot and cold, most games he'll have maybe a 3rd of the game where he is involved but otherwise poor. Trent and Curtis are finally playing at their best levels after being poor mid-season (we'll need them to stay in form now). Ali's struggled with the everchanging converyor belt of defenders in front of him. Mane's out of form since returning from injury and only Mo, Gini and Robbo have been consistently good so far this season. If we can play another 3-4 lads into form and have them fit, we'll be winning most games still, that's how it was last season, we had players going off-boil, but never so many at the same time.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #434 on: February 14, 2021, 11:00:53 pm »
He's faster than philips but looked far less dominant in the air, which was highlighted as a supposed strength for him (maybe just the nerves). Didn't see him have enough recovery pace either, but I am putting it down to being the first game, no pre-season and having to get up to speed and tempo.
To be honest, most of us are waiting for someone to start appearing like a solution right now. Thiago has had sparks, but he's far too rash without the ball and his link up play is still developing with our lads. Bobby's had a season where he's been blowing hot and cold, most games he'll have maybe a 3rd of the game where he is involved but otherwise poor. Trent and Curtis are finally playing at their best levels after being poor mid-season (we'll need them to stay in form now). Ali's struggled with the everchanging converyor belt of defenders in front of him. Mane's out of form since returning from injury and only Mo, Gini and Robbo have been consistently good so far this season. If we can play another 3-4 lads into form and have them fit, we'll be winning most games still, that's how it was last season, we had players going off-boil, but never so many at the same time.

Phillips is a couple of inches taller. Phillips is excellent in the air but that's all he really offers. If it was August you'd be relaxed about Kabak feeling his way into the system and the season as a young prospect, but we haven't got time for that. We needed someone who could come straight in the side and make an immediate impact but the owners wouldn't back Klopp in time.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #435 on: February 14, 2021, 11:29:19 pm »
Phillips is a couple of inches taller. Phillips is excellent in the air but that's all he really offers. If it was August you'd be relaxed about Kabak feeling his way into the system and the season as a young prospect, but we haven't got time for that. We needed someone who could come straight in the side and make an immediate impact but the owners wouldn't back Klopp in time.
Or, there wasn’t anyone available and there’s a massive pandemic and we’re losing  £100m already.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #436 on: February 15, 2021, 12:01:07 am »
Or, there wasn’t anyone available and there’s a massive pandemic and we’re losing  £100m already.

Caleta-Car was available we just left it so late that Marseille pulled the deal because they could not bring in a replacement in time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #437 on: February 15, 2021, 12:54:37 am »
Caleta-Car was available we just left it so late that Marseille pulled the deal because they could not bring in a replacement in time.
And because Villa gave them money for Sanson, so they were no longer in a dire financial need.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #438 on: February 15, 2021, 01:09:20 am »
And because Villa gave them money for Sanson, so they were no longer in a dire financial need.

That is where the pandemic defence falls down. There were teams that were desperate to sell players and raise funds.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #439 on: February 15, 2021, 01:32:12 am »
That is where the pandemic defence falls down. There were teams that were desperate to sell players and raise funds.

Maybe we preferred Kabak.

Just like many of our fans in the summer craved Werner but we got Jota, which looks the right choice and suits us more.

He had a tough debut, I don't think he was at fault for the second at all.  But the third his positioning could have been slightly better.  Thought he was fine otherwise.

Let's give him time & trust our recruitment process that has been remarkable. 

Doesn't matter if we don't get the perceived first choices as we saw with Brandt and Salah, for example.  Only FSG, Klopp, Edwards and the analytics team will know if Salah or Brandt were first choice or Werner or Jota or in this case if Kabak was.

So I don't see the point in speculating what we'll never know.  Salah was a huge success, Jota has been a big hit so far too.  I'm not betting against Kabak thriving here with our transfer success rate and his talent.

Let's get behind him and leave the speculative bullshit for our rivals and critics.