Author Topic: Kabak signs  (Read 163660 times)

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kabak signs
« Reply #1800 on: May 28, 2021, 07:11:03 pm »
He will be playing in the Bundesliga or Serie A next season. Hopefully its a CL club as he has the talent to be a top CB.
True North Strong

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1801 on: May 28, 2021, 07:58:50 pm »
Needs to be out playing on a weekly basis. Not going to get that here. Hopefully he goes somewhere and shows his potential and you never know in a few years, could cross path again. Wish him all the best in his future. I’m sure he’ll end up at a club playing European football next season.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1802 on: May 28, 2021, 08:27:21 pm »
Agreed.

Felt bad for him coming into the side in the state that we were especially at a young age, but I don't think his style suited us and Konate is a much better fit.

All strikers he was marking was burning him for pace. Maybe that’s ok because Gary Cahill and Johnny Evans do not have pace but Kaban lacked position sense to understand what to do in those situations. Coupled with the fact that he is average in heading ability and organisation skills and yet cost £18m, he is perhaps not the right fit for us at the moment as we needed someone who could step into the first team.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1803 on: May 28, 2021, 09:10:42 pm »
I both love and am regularly amused by the emotional nature of the fans of our club.

Kabak isn't good enough, nor does he fit our defensive style in the slightest.  Declining to recruit him is a shame for him but a no-brainer for us.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #1804 on: May 28, 2021, 09:29:39 pm »
All strikers he was marking was burning him for pace. Maybe that’s ok because Gary Cahill and Johnny Evans do not have pace but Kaban lacked position sense to understand what to do in those situations. Coupled with the fact that he is average in heading ability and organisation skills and yet cost £18m, he is perhaps not the right fit for us at the moment as we needed someone who could step into the first team.

I don't understand.
Except for the lack of pace, lack of positioning,  lack of heading ability and lack of experience, and the high fee,  whats the problem?
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1805 on: May 28, 2021, 10:25:56 pm »
I can see him featuring for West Ham next season

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1806 on: May 28, 2021, 11:06:22 pm »
Am I right in think the U21 Euros will be over by the time Pre-season kicks off?

The final of the Euro Under 21 tournament is on the 6th June.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1807 on: May 28, 2021, 11:25:57 pm »
I both love and am regularly amused by the emotional nature of the fans of our club.

Kabak isn't good enough, nor does he fit our defensive style in the slightest.  Declining to recruit him is a shame for him but a no-brainer for us.

that doesnt mean its not a massive disappointment to the player and you have to feel for him a bit.

did his best while he was here and perhaps we wouldnt be in the champions league next season without his contribution but alas it wasnt enought for him to secure a permanent move.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1808 on: May 28, 2021, 11:31:26 pm »
I can see him featuring for West Ham next season
Kabak could do well in any ball-playing counterattacking team. He is a good player and will have a great future, just doesn't suit our style to a tee as VVD and Gomez do, and hopefully Konate.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #1809 on: May 29, 2021, 05:21:52 am »
Bit of a shame weren’t not signing Kabak for me, he really grew into that role I think and there’s definitely a player there and likely a player worth the 18 million it would cost to sign him.

That said Konate is certainly rated higher so I’ll look forward to seeing him next season.

I think the 18m figure was the initial fee with add-ons on top (going closer to £26m) which is almost in the ballpark of the Konate fee (£35m) which makes the latter a better proposition. That’s no slight on him, he came in during difficult circumstances and did his part to help get us the top four spot. Hopefully he gets a move to a decent team on the continent and gets plenty of games. Will certainly watch his career with interest going forward and wish him all the best.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1810 on: May 29, 2021, 08:57:44 am »
The speed with which the Konate deal went through, we probably never had any intention to sign Kabak, regardless of the buying clause in his contract. Looks like we couldn't get Konate in January, so brought in a loanee to cover.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1811 on: May 29, 2021, 09:26:50 am »
Was never going to happen once Konate signed. Thought we may take a punt and offload Matip but is clear we are going to run down his contract and give our youngsters the nod, which they thoroughly deserve.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1812 on: June 3, 2021, 02:45:38 pm »
If we had the finances of City or Chelsea then I think we would have signed Kabak as a 5th choice or even as an investment. As it is, I think the club has seen enough from Philipps in 2021 that he can do the job at a similar level to Kabak for much less cost.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1813 on: June 3, 2021, 03:08:16 pm »
If we had the finances of City or Chelsea then I think we would have signed Kabak as a 5th choice or even as an investment. As it is, I think the club has seen enough from Philipps in 2021 that he can do the job at a similar level to Kabak for much less cost.

I don't think Phillips will be here. He needs to play regular football and that's not going to happen here when everyone is ready to go.

Kabak needs regular football as well, to develop.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1814 on: June 3, 2021, 04:06:22 pm »
Thought we may take a punt and offload Matip but is clear we are going to run down his contract and give our youngsters the nod, which they thoroughly deserve.

Why would we offload one of the best centre backs in the league?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1815 on: June 3, 2021, 04:15:54 pm »

Even now that Konate has been signed, I'd still be tempted to take a look at whether we could do deals for Phillips & Kabak at a similar price.  I'd be inclined to keep Kabak around the squad until January as effectively our 5th choice (behind Gomez, Konate, Matip, and Van Dijk) and loan him out for a 10-15 game late-season stint if injuries are looking okay - consider him the long-term replacement for Matip.

Not that I don't see Phillips as being a decent player who's made a valuable contribution this season, but it seems generally accepted that Kabak has potential that he'll continue to develop through and that could serve us well for a long time whereas I don't get the impression anyone sees Phillips as a potential (choice) starter in 2/3 years time.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #1816 on: June 8, 2021, 02:54:51 am »
Nat Phillips says Ozan Kabak was vital in Liverpool securing Champions League qualification.

+ Nathaniel Phillips (in "liverpoolfc.com" official page interview):

"For me, it was just a case of when I get my opportunity to play as well as possible and do as much as I can to take it and make sure I retain the place. That's how I approached it."

"Ozzy came in and did a good job. He helped us out massively. I don't think we'd have finished the season the way we did if he hadn't come over and helped us out so much."

"I knew the situation the club was in, in terms of personnel, centre-backs and injuries, and we needed more players in that position."

-- Nathaniel Phillips --

... Some of Liverpool fanbase (in terms of player's appreciation): "Kabak is shit and that is why he's out and has no place here"...  ;D  ;D  ;D
Best fans in the world, best fans in the world.  ;D  ;D
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1817 on: June 8, 2021, 04:08:29 am »

Not a chance we go into next season with 4 CBs. It'll be 6 at least.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1818 on: June 8, 2021, 04:56:50 am »
Not a chance we go into next season with 4 CBs. It'll be 6 at least.
I'd say, no chance we go with 6 CBs. Last season we went in with 3... Depending on how the preseason goes, if VVD and Gomez come back as before (which I doubt), we will start with either 4 or 5 CBs (if one of them isn't clicking). Fabinho and Hendo will be considered viable options there.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1819 on: June 8, 2021, 05:42:51 am »
Yes, but we have are first 3 CB's all recovering from long term injuries. There's the big difference from last season.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Song for Kabak
« Reply #1820 on: July 1, 2021, 12:51:26 am »
« Last Edit: July 1, 2021, 12:53:39 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Song for Kabak
« Reply #1821 on: July 1, 2021, 08:45:14 am »
It won't be long, yeah
Yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah) yeah
It won't be long, yeah
Yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah) yeah
It won't be long, yeah
Yeah
'Til your loan is fully through