Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2608417 times)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #6640 on: November 22, 2017, 03:01:50 pm »
Nothing, but let's be honest, all Arsenal have to shout about now is beating Spurs at home, and they only managed that with the help of terrible refereeing decisions.

They won by being easily the better side, that the goals were somewhat iffy doesn't change that point.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6641 on: November 22, 2017, 03:11:35 pm »
Spurs are doing well. People on here moan a lot about clubs not doing it "the right way", i.e. just throwing money at it until they win. Well Spurs are definitely doing it "the right way". Not overspending, not caving into player power, giving youth a chance, etc
I agree. They deserve some credit for the way they have handled themselves lately. They are top of a pretty tough CL-group as well. Can it be that some people on here slag them off out of jealousy? They are running their club the way we have to do and right now they are doing a better job than us.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6642 on: November 22, 2017, 03:28:26 pm »
I agree. They deserve some credit for the way they have handled themselves lately. They are top of a pretty tough CL-group as well. Can it be that some people on here slag them off out of jealousy? They are running their club the way we have to do and right now they are doing a better job than us.

How are they running the club better than us? What do we need to learn?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6643 on: November 22, 2017, 03:39:25 pm »
How are they running the club better than us? What do we need to learn?

Their wage bill is about 50% of ours and they've finished above us in 7 of the previous 8 seasons. It's embarrassing.

And they beat Real Madrid.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #6644 on: November 22, 2017, 03:48:33 pm »
Their wage bill is about 50% of ours and they've finished above us in 7 of the previous 8 seasons.

yeah, but apart from that...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6645 on: November 22, 2017, 03:59:01 pm »
Their wage bill is about 50% of ours and they've finished above us in 7 of the previous 8 seasons. It's embarrassing.

And they beat Real Madrid.

Great. Cant wait to make our club financially efficient again and get 3 or 4 CL appearances out of the next 7 to 8 seasons. Its what we should be aiming for.

They beat Dortmund as well.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6646 on: November 22, 2017, 04:02:20 pm »
Great. Cant wait to make our club financially efficient again and get 3 or 4 CL appearances out of the next 7 to 8 seasons. Its what we should be aiming for.

They beat Dortmund as well.

Given that the only sides we've beaten in the Champions League proper in the last nine years are Debrecen, Ludogorets and Maribor, I'd take that as well.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6647 on: November 22, 2017, 04:03:42 pm »
Given that the only sides we've beaten in the Champions League proper in the last nine years are Debrecen, Ludogorets and Maribor, I'd take that as well.

The Dortmund side we beat were better than this current one.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6648 on: November 22, 2017, 04:07:37 pm »
The Dortmund side we beat were better than this current one.

I meant the 3 or 4 CL appearances. It beats 1 or 2 and we'd have a good chance of beating a proper side eventually.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6649 on: November 22, 2017, 04:08:15 pm »
Small club
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6650 on: November 22, 2017, 04:08:55 pm »
Small club

They beat Real Madrid though.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6651 on: November 22, 2017, 04:25:55 pm »
I meant the 3 or 4 CL appearances. It beats 1 or 2 and we'd have a good chance of beating a proper side eventually.

Yep, couple more CL appearances. Definitely something to aspire to. They are setting the standard.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6652 on: November 22, 2017, 04:31:11 pm »
Yep, couple more CL appearances. Definitely something to aspire to. They are setting the standard.

Has anyone ever told you your strawman arguments are exceptionally boring? The original poster asserted they're running their club better than us, and there's things we could learn from them, not that they're "something to aspire to." Those are your words.

EDIT: Oh right, the learning thing were your words too.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:35:38 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6653 on: November 22, 2017, 04:35:00 pm »

Put pressure on Chelsea too
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6654 on: November 22, 2017, 04:57:44 pm »
The original poster asserted they're running their club better than us, and there's things we could learn from them, not that they're "something to aspire to." Those are your words.

I didn't defend my post because you did a far better job, mate.

A Clueless Whopper: I'm not saying we should bow down to the Allmighty Spurs. The media wankfest is nauseating and they'll probably end the season without any trophies yet again. I just said that for some time now they have had a better development curve than us. They are also building a new stadium. That's basically it.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6655 on: November 22, 2017, 05:00:07 pm »
Has anyone ever told you your strawman arguments are exceptionally boring? The original poster asserted they're running their club better than us, and there's things we could learn from them, not that they're "something to aspire to." Those are your words.

Why did the poster mention jealousy? The idea I or anyone would be jealous of Spurs is mad.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6656 on: November 22, 2017, 05:03:29 pm »
Why did the poster mention jealousy? The idea I or anyone would be jealous of Spurs is mad.
I was just thinking out loud and  trying to comprehend why some people on here are so sensitive when it comes to Spurs.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6657 on: November 22, 2017, 05:07:54 pm »

See, I’m really unsure why a Liverpool fan would choose some shitty stat about their own club to stick up for another. Just utterly bizarre.

Oh and nine years would take us back to November 2008  :) So you can add PSV, Porto and Real Madrid to that arbitrary list mate. Guess that doesn’t have the same ring to it tho huh? Let’s say 8 years, then we’re good.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6658 on: November 22, 2017, 05:35:21 pm »
I was just thinking out loud and  trying to comprehend why some people on here are so sensitive when it comes to Spurs.

It's probably a reaction to the nonsense Primitiv dribbles.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #6659 on: November 22, 2017, 05:45:31 pm »

Fuck me mate.  To be jealous of Spurs as a LFC fan means you must be totally fucked in the head.

:lmao

Every club in England, bar Man Utd will be/have been jealous of OUR success.  Although most of our success was many moons ago, even our recent sparse trophy wins is better than that shower of shite. ;D
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6660 on: November 22, 2017, 05:57:17 pm »

I can't quite work out if you're being serious or not, but just in case you are not. Then no I'm not jealous in the least bit, maybe when they actually start winning trophies, then I might look again and reconsider. But until they do start doing that, then there just another of our rivals. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6661 on: November 22, 2017, 05:58:05 pm »

I dont like them. But if anyone is jealous of them then they are well and truly mad.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6662 on: November 22, 2017, 05:58:09 pm »
As we're picking arbitrary dates to go back to, let's go all the way back to 2004. Graz at home doesn't count :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6663 on: November 22, 2017, 06:01:09 pm »

Like we did 4-0 in the knock out stages when it really counts.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:05:30 pm by jillc »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6664 on: November 22, 2017, 06:01:54 pm »
Like we did 4-1 in the knock out stages when it really counts.

5-0   ;)  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6665 on: November 22, 2017, 06:04:56 pm »
See, I’m really unsure why a Liverpool fan would choose some shitty stat about their own club to stick up for another. Just utterly bizarre.

I'll tell you what else is utterly bizarre - how a Leicester City season ticket holding "Liverpool Fan" like you keeps questioning other Liverpool fans, insinuating they're not supporting the club properly or something. This is the second time I've seen you do it - a couple of weeks back you questioned how bizarre it was that I, as a Liverpool fan, would remember that our title rivals used to play Park in their big games  ;D

It's bad form when any normal forummer who's unable to put together a proper argument resorts to questioning the other person's commitment/loyalty to Liverpool. When it's coming from a Leicester City season ticket holder though it's absolutely batshit crazy!

Get some self awareness.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6666 on: November 22, 2017, 06:04:59 pm »
5-0   ;)  8)

I was just thinking of that second Torres special at Anfield. Delicious ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6667 on: November 22, 2017, 06:17:56 pm »
I'll tell you what else is utterly bizarre - how a Leicester City season ticket holding "Liverpool Fan" like you keeps questioning other Liverpool fans, insinuating they're not supporting the club properly or something. This is the second time I've seen you do it - a couple of weeks back you questioned how bizarre it was that I, as a Liverpool fan, would remember that our title rivals used to play Park in their big games  ;D

It's bad form when any normal forummer who's unable to put together a proper argument resorts to questioning the other person's commitment/loyalty to Liverpool. When it's coming from a Leicester City season ticket holder though it's absolutely batshit crazy!

Get some self awareness.

Oh nothing to do with ‘not supporting the club properly’, more to do with regurgitating the sort of shite designed to slag the club off which he’s brought up whilst bigging up Spurs. Which yeah, still bizarre. Sorry. And incorrect too. It’s the sort of shite you get tagged in on Facebook, from LadBible or such other shite. I really wouldn’t expect a Liverpool fan to start using it against his own side.

As for you :D Pretty flattering actually. As I recall though it wasn’t bizarre that you remembered Park used to play in big games, more that you specifically remembered who played for United in specific games nearly a decade ago? Might be wrong though?

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6668 on: November 22, 2017, 06:27:04 pm »
This is getting beyond ridiculous. I ask a simple hypothetical question and get called fucked in the head and accused of slagging the club off. I've found RAWK to be a decent place but in some threads you are not allowed to go against the grain. I'll remove the post seeing that people took it that seriously.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6669 on: November 22, 2017, 06:27:04 pm »
Oh nothing to do with ‘not supporting the club properly’, more to do with regurgitating the sort of shite designed to slag the club off which he’s brought up whilst bigging up Spurs. Which yeah, still bizarre. Sorry. And incorrect too. It’s the sort of shite you get tagged in on Facebook, from LadBible or such other shite. I really wouldn’t expect a Liverpool fan to start using it against his own side.

As for you :D Pretty flattering actually. As I recall though it wasn’t bizarre that you remembered Park used to play in big games, more that you specifically remembered who played for United in specific games nearly a decade ago? Might be wrong though?

Yep, you're wrong.

Maybe you're confusing our exchange with a conversation you had with a similarly monikered user (Muzzy Savage?) on foxesforum.com or something?  :-*

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6670 on: November 22, 2017, 06:27:57 pm »
This is getting beyond ridiculous. I ask a simple hypothetical question and get called fucked in the head and accused of slagging the club off. I've found RAWK to be a decent place but in some thread you are not allowed to go against the grain. I'll remove the post seeing that people took it that seriously.

Living up to your custom title ;D

Leave it up mate, no harm done. Some Leicester City Liverpool fans are just a bit precious.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6671 on: November 22, 2017, 06:29:14 pm »
Living up to your custom title ;D

Leave it up mate, no harm done.
It's there for a reason, mate. ;)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6672 on: November 22, 2017, 06:29:30 pm »
Yep, you're wrong.

Maybe you're confusing our exchange with a conversation you had with a similarly monikered user (Muzzy Savage?) on foxesforum.com or something?  :-*

Fuck you’re right as well  :-[

Wait, do you seriously not realise that Rafa was doing the same in the league too? You thought he was setting up the team V Wigan the same way he'd set them up against Chelsea?

Do you not realise that almost all successful managers do that? It's kinda a huge part of their job. Didn't you notice Ferguson playing Giggs against teams that sat back like Blackpool and swapped him for Park against the top teams like Arsenal where energy and numbers in the middle were more important? They won everything btw.

"Psychological cost" :lmao

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6673 on: November 22, 2017, 06:30:10 pm »
Lads why should I be bowing to the mighty Spurs? Explain it to me.  :wave

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6674 on: November 22, 2017, 06:31:05 pm »

Because they beat Real Madrid and we’ve only beaten Debrecen, Ludogerets and Maribor in the CL proper in the last nine years. Duh.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6675 on: November 22, 2017, 06:32:19 pm »
Fuck you’re right as well  :-[

Love the quote ;D

(btw, that was an example of a small team and a big team - and as was pointed out, it wasn't even a good example as Blackpool weren't even in the top division at the time!)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6676 on: November 22, 2017, 06:33:04 pm »
But we beat Dr Robotniks team. It evens itself out. I mean they can't claim that.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6677 on: November 22, 2017, 06:33:28 pm »

They beat Real Madrid.

They qualified for 3 CL campaigns in the last 6 or 7 years.

They have less wages than us.

Plus they beat Real Madrid.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6678 on: November 22, 2017, 08:33:50 pm »
Because they beat Real Madrid and we’ve only beaten Debrecen, Ludogerets and Maribor in the CL proper in the last nine years. Duh.

The beating Real Madrid thing is a clear piss take of Killer Heels.

As for the other stat, I brought it up to add perspective to the debate. They've done nothing of any real note in Europe in the past decade, but neither have we. In fact we've been brutally bad and I personally feel pretty ashamed about it. As I'd imagine Spurs fans did until this season.

I guess its easier to shrug your shoulders when you've witnessed a title winning side in the flesh every other week.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6679 on: November 22, 2017, 08:38:53 pm »
I'm.personally more suspicious of a lot on here trying to create a faux rivalry with a club I and most Liverpool fans have never cared about positively or negatively. Dalar is right, it comes across as bitterness. It's similar in the City thread. We've got enough legitimate rivals to hate and mock, so sue me for admiring the way Spurs have gone about things under Pochettino.