Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2608382 times)

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
Re: Spurs
« Reply #6400 on: October 2, 2017, 09:19:42 pm »
Ive heard Roy Hodgson is a spurs fan
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6401 on: October 2, 2017, 09:24:50 pm »
Don't know why people get annoyed by it, would be funnier if he was. Imagine being an Everton fan knowing the likes of Rush, Fowler, Carra and others supported you as a kid then repeatedly hurt you on the pitch.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6402 on: October 2, 2017, 09:26:22 pm »
All the Spurs fans getting wound up because someone said Kane was an Arsenal fan as a kid  :lmao :lmao :lmao
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6403 on: October 2, 2017, 09:30:19 pm »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-kane-arsenal-shirt-again-5130669

He even dyed his hair red, probably a bigger arsenal fan than me.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6404 on: October 2, 2017, 09:31:21 pm »

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #6405 on: October 2, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »
All the Spurs fans getting wound up because someone said Kane was an Arsenal fan as a kid  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Hardly getting wound up.  :o

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6406 on: October 2, 2017, 10:34:52 pm »
Hardly getting wound up.  :o

Hardly not caring if it's all fake news and that sort...

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6407 on: October 3, 2017, 07:22:21 am »
Why do people still peddle this bullshit? He and his whole family are Spurs fans. He played for Arsenal for a while as a kid, that is as far as it goes....

Apologies, I'll just discount the people I know who know him personally then, they must be wrong and the guy on the internet must be right.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6408 on: October 3, 2017, 07:29:39 am »
Apologies, I'll just discount the people I know who know him personally then, they must be wrong and the guy on the internet must be right.

CLANNNNNGGGGGG!

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #6409 on: October 3, 2017, 09:03:47 am »
Do spurs have a weakness?

They look good, young and hungry. Kane has proved a lot of doubters wrong, and I think a lot of the doubters were more worried about his mouth breathing).

Genuinely a little jealous of them at the moment.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #6410 on: October 3, 2017, 09:14:48 am »

They look good, young and hungry. Kane has proved a lot of doubters wrong, and I think a lot of the doubters were more worried about his mouth breathing).

They can get to the finish line but can't cross it.

The thing with Kane is that yes he is fantastic but he's the first academy player they've produced for probably decades that has worked out for them and reached a great level. We've had Owen Fowler Gerrard Carragher etc in that meantime who Spurs fans back in those days would have been very jealous of. The shoe is on the other foot for this one time.

• Kopite
« Reply #6411 on: October 3, 2017, 09:44:08 am »
They can get to the finish line but can't cross it.

The thing with Kane is that yes he is fantastic but he's the first academy player they've produced for probably decades that has worked out for them and reached a great level. We've had Owen Fowler Gerrard Carragher etc in that meantime who Spurs fans back in those days would have been very jealous of. The shoe is on the other foot for this one time.

King was one of the best CBs in the world at his peak, injuries meant he never fulfilled his potential appearances he should have done, but it's noticeable when a peak Henry said King was the best CB he had ever played against.

We also produced Sol Campbell and his ability goes without saying.

Campbell, King, Kane. Three world class talents in the last 20 years isn't so shabby coming from our academy. I think Winks has the potential to go on to be a great also, but it's very early days.

When we had King we would never have been jealous of Carragher. Just a shame his knees were fucked. King was a freak of nature, couldn't train in the week but then put boss MOTM world class displays in the league on a saturday. Carragher had the much better career and played in a much better side, but it wasn't close in terms of natural ability. Ferdinand, Terry, King were the outstanding English CBs of that era.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6412 on: October 3, 2017, 10:25:38 am »
I've heard it all now, Ledley King one of the best CBs in the world?, fucking hell fella, lay off the drugs.

• Kopite
« Reply #6413 on: October 3, 2017, 11:02:32 am »
I've heard it all now, Ledley King one of the best CBs in the world?, fucking hell fella, lay off the drugs.

Of course he was.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6414 on: October 3, 2017, 11:03:29 am »
He was the best! Just like everyone else now is the best! Which must make Poch a really, really shit manager because something doesn't add up.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6415 on: October 3, 2017, 11:09:59 am »
Mate, they are trying to bait you and other Spurs fans, god knows Arsenal fans need something to bring a smile to their face these days, just ignore it.

You would think Arsenal were relegation fodder & Spurs were a team clear at the top of the league with statements like that.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6416 on: October 3, 2017, 11:15:53 am »
Ledley was brilliant when he was fit. He was a bit like Agger in that regards. But actually being able to get on the pitch is quite an important component of being classed as a world class footballer, so neither were.

Offline Block 203

• Yawn! Tedium anyone
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6417 on: October 3, 2017, 11:23:02 am »

They're a genuine class team. I love what they've done down there with a lot less money to spend than their competitors. They seem to be so well balanced and I can see them finishing quite far ahead of us again

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6418 on: October 3, 2017, 11:30:11 am »
You would think Arsenal were relegation fodder & Spurs were a team clear at the top of the league with statements like that.

To be fair, Im sick of seeing Spurs winning all these trophies on a shoe string budget while we piss around going nowhere.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6419 on: October 3, 2017, 11:33:16 am »
A poster mentioned it before about how other players always say Kane works harder at his game than everyone else, putting in extra hours outside of regular practice etc and I happened to find this video from "The Debate" on Sky, they were speaking with Ryan Mason (who as a side note it is absolutely awesome to see up and about with no apparent side effects from that head injury) and he backs all that up, give a pretty interesting insight in to what it is like to be coached by Pochettino as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFvKzo3SLio

I'd be interested to see a similar insight in regards to Klopp as well, I imagine a lot of what they do would be quite similar.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Block 203

• Yawn! Tedium anyone
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6420 on: October 3, 2017, 11:33:29 am »
To be fair, Im sick of seeing Spurs winning all these trophies on a shoe string budget while we piss around going nowhere.

Spurs are miles better than arsenal at the moment tho, that's clear for everyone to see.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6421 on: October 3, 2017, 12:06:40 pm »
Spurs are miles better than arsenal at the moment tho, that's clear for everyone to see.

Well , they are 1 point ahead of us, but I agree they are a better team.

You dont get trophies for being better than Arsenal though, you do for winning the fa cup every season.

Even when we are bad, we have more to celebrate. In the end, it always ends in tears for Spurs, has done for 40 years.

Offline Block 203

• Yawn! Tedium anyone
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6422 on: October 3, 2017, 12:19:00 pm »
Well , they are 1 point ahead of us, but I agree they are a better team.

You dont get trophies for being better than Arsenal though, you do for winning the fa cup every season.

Even when we are bad, we have more to celebrate. In the end, it always ends in tears for Spurs, has done for 40 years.

I'd bet it won't this season. They look like a well oiled machine.

I can see them winning a trophy and easily finishing above your lot

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6423 on: October 3, 2017, 12:19:00 pm »

I remember having this conversation around 2006 - 2008 - talking about King for the NT

I was a big advocate of him replacing Terry as Ferdinands partner, as his recovery pace suited the set up better, Terry was used to having a Makelele or an Essien helping sweep up in front of him as a result played a deeper defensive line. The national team had Stevie and Lamps ordinarily in midfield who both were forward thinking players, so the defensive line played higher to close down the space between the lines, Terry often got caught out on a big Wembley pitch as a result.

I was a big fan of King, but he did have really dodgy knees so definitely didn't reach the heights his ability demonstrated.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6424 on: October 3, 2017, 12:51:12 pm »

It was the same last season, and the season before, Spurs have a tendency of looking like a machine when first place or a trophy are not on offer, the minute they get within striking distance something will happen, whether its wembley, injuries, bad luck, bad form, tiredness, or a squad not deep enough.
They always look like the best team at certain times in the season, but are never there when the prizes get handed out.  I think they have been top of the league for 7 minutes in the last 50 years, and they are notorious at getting knocked out of cups at the semi final stage.
They clearly aint got the minerals mate.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6425 on: October 3, 2017, 12:53:20 pm »

Sol Campbell was absolutely world class though, Spurs greatest ever captain as far as Im concerned.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6426 on: October 3, 2017, 12:54:14 pm »

gotta say i agree with him, when he was fit he was certainly one of the best centre backs about

Offline Block 203

• Yawn! Tedium anyone
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6427 on: October 3, 2017, 01:14:42 pm »
It was the same last season, and the season before, Spurs have a tendency of looking like a machine when first place or a trophy are not on offer, the minute they get within striking distance something will happen, whether its wembley, injuries, bad luck, bad form, tiredness, or a squad not deep enough.
They always look like the best team at certain times in the season, but are never there when the prizes get handed out.  I think they have been top of the league for 7 minutes in the last 50 years, and they are notorious at getting knocked out of cups at the semi final stage.
They clearly aint got the minerals mate.

I'm not sure what the last 50 years has to do with this season, but we will see mate.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6428 on: October 3, 2017, 01:23:59 pm »

I actually agree just now, but they need to learn to win their 'home' games in the league mind you.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #6429 on: October 4, 2017, 02:41:29 am »

Yes, they bend over every single time they play at OT.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #6430 on: October 5, 2017, 10:10:35 am »
Can't believe that Sky Sports are running this story. Must be some kind of error because obviously Harry Kane is staying at Spurs forever because he is the only loyal player left in football and is one of their own and is happy to get paid a quarter of the wages he could get elsewhere.  ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11067404/kane-not-ruling-out-spurs-exit
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

• Kopite
« Reply #6431 on: October 5, 2017, 12:56:57 pm »
Can't believe that Sky Sports are running this story. Must be some kind of error because obviously Harry Kane is staying at Spurs forever because he is the only loyal player left in football and is one of their own and is happy to get paid a quarter of the wages he could get elsewhere.  ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11067404/kane-not-ruling-out-spurs-exit

Except noone said that did they....

What do you expect Kane to say? He's happy at spurs but will never rule out a move abroad. It's not something he definitely want to do blah blah

Pretty standard response to a question isn't it. He's hardly going to say at the age of 24, I'm staying at spurs for life come rain or shine, even if we are in the championship.

He's often said though that he wants to be spurs record goal scorer and that implies he isn't moving anytime soon. The key in all of this is will spurs start winning things and remaining a top 3 side. If we do he isn't likely to leave. If we regress he is more likely to leave.

I can understand you are getting all giddy at the thought of spurs becoming weaker so you hope Kane leaves us. You'll be waiting quite a while IMO
« Last Edit: October 5, 2017, 01:01:22 pm by Primativ »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6432 on: October 17, 2017, 06:51:30 pm »
Real Madrid Reached Out To Mauricio Pochettino Before Hiring Zidane

Before Real Madrid hired Zinedine Zidane to replace Rafa Benitez as manager in 2016, they reached out to Mauricio Pochettino, according to El Larguero on Cadena SER.

Pochettino was called and told to hold off on signing a new contract with Spurs. Pochettino was in the process of extending his contract with Tottenham.

Zidane has since won two Champions League trophies and La Liga while Pochettino has remained one of the best managers in England.

https://en.as.com/en/2017/10/17/football/1508241918_711358.html

Not surprised by this, i think he will be the one to replace Zidane if he fails to win the CL this season.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #6433 on: October 17, 2017, 09:47:04 pm »
They were very good tonight, have truly arrived on the big stage.

Their CL performance this year vs. last year, reminds of Dortmund 11-12 vs. Dortmund 12-13.

Completely different team and looks like they've really learnt lessons from last year's embarrassing European displays.

Could have won the match wit ha wee more luck, though Madrid have their fair share of chances as well.

Looking forward to Sunday !

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6434 on: October 17, 2017, 11:14:44 pm »
They were very good tonight, have truly arrived on the big stage.

Their CL performance this year vs. last year, reminds of Dortmund 11-12 vs. Dortmund 12-13.

Completely different team and looks like they've really learnt lessons from last year's embarrassing European displays.

Could have won the match wit ha wee more luck, though Madrid have their fair share of chances as well.

Looking forward to Sunday !

Really pleased with that result as I wouldn't have been surprised if they had beaten us home and away, especially at home. As you say they definitely had chances to win it, but a good performance from Lloris kept them out and we had a fair few good chances to win it ourselves.

Considering we had no left back fit and started Winks and Sissoko I'll take that all day long, our lineup/formation was really weird due to certain injuries.

Never look forward to playing Liverpool, though I hope we play you guys the same way we played Dortmund and Madrid, tight at the back and hit you on the counter, Mane won't be playing right?
We beat Real Madrid

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6435 on: October 17, 2017, 11:17:04 pm »
Really pleased with that result as I wouldn't have been surprised if they had beaten us home and away, especially at home. As you say they definitely had chances to win it, but a good performance from Lloris kept them out and we had a fair few good chances to win it ourselves.

Considering we had no left back fit and started Winks and Sissoko I'll take that all day long, our lineup/formation was really weird due to certain injuries.

Never look forward to playing Liverpool, though I hope we play you guys the same way we played Dortmund and Madrid, tight at the back and hit you on the counter, Mane won't be playing right?

Mane won't, but Salah, Firmino and Coutinho will! ;D

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6436 on: October 17, 2017, 11:27:00 pm »
Mane won't, but Salah, Firmino and Coutinho will! ;D

Still scary to be fair, but Mane is terrifying like none of the other three and always tears us to bits, plus since he has moved to you guys he has really stepped up the quality of his finishing, easily the best finisher on your team from when I've watched you guys.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6437 on: October 17, 2017, 11:37:20 pm »
Still scary to be fair, but Mane is terrifying like none of the other three and always tears us to bits, plus since he has moved to you guys he has really stepped up the quality of his finishing, easily the best finisher on your team from when I've watched you guys.

You did well tonight to be fair. As for the weekend it will be a good game I'm sure.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6438 on: October 17, 2017, 11:42:13 pm »
Very happy with the squad but we are missing our 2 starting cm, 2 first choice lb, Ali was suspended and who knows if lamella is going to be a starter.

This has been overlooked when talking about depth of squad.

Got a feeling we will sit back against you like we have against dortmund and Madrid as if we open up you will destroy us again. We got thrashed 1-1 at home last year.

• Kopite
« Reply #6439 on: October 18, 2017, 07:23:19 am »
Every Spurs player out there was superb but special mention to Harry Winks.

I think England have their very own Modric type player coming through. To be just 21, playing CL games away to Madrid in CM versus Modric (who has been the best CM in the world since his Spurs days), Kroos and Isco and not look out of place, is remarkable.

He doesn't give the ball away, always looks to play forward and positive,his passing stats last night

Passing accuracy full-time update: Luka Modric: 87.7% Harry Winks 90.9%

He's the continental type passing possession based central midfielder England have craved for years. Many Spurs fans put a bet on Winks going to the world cup last year, at 15-1....I think it's a guarantee injury permitting.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:25:03 am by Primativ »