Author Topic: Maxi Rodriguez song and praise  (Read 203757 times)

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
Re: Well done Maxi Rodriguez+his song
« Reply #240 on: February 12, 2010, 03:47:09 am »
He`s great, he`s small
he hardly gets the ball
Maxi R,Maxi R
and theres the second verse :D haha

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2010, 03:49:50 am »
Good acquisition by Rafa on the cheap - but he's not going to be the player who will change a game. A couple of years ago he was that player - unfortunately now he's much more subdued, although a player never loses the game intelligence and vision that he has.

I haven't seen anything from him in the last couple of years that warrants him starting ahead of Riera though, so that decision was a strange one. I guess it had a lot to do with how important it was not to lose posession against Arsenal, and Maxi is normally very reliable when it comes to that.

Give him time to settle of course, but expecting much more than what say Aurelio would give you at LM would be asking for disappointment IMO.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #242 on: February 12, 2010, 03:59:45 am »
To tune of Amore

When he runs, you think wow
He's got a head like cow
That's Rodriguez

His name it is Maxi
He's not as fast a Taxi
That's Rodriguez
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:01:22 am by KopThat »

Offline Tigerheart

• Carroll? He's shit. Henderson? Shit. Adam...shit.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2010, 11:03:32 pm »
Not quite sure why the thread reads "well done Maxi Rodriguez". Well done for what so far?

Anyway, so far looks like he has left the best years of his career behind him in Madrid...don't know why but not that optimistic that next season he will be any better.

[sarcasm] What you talking about? He's an Argentine international! He's fucking amazing! Don't you know nuffin bout football? You must be a proper idiot! [/sarcasm]

we shouldn't really expect all that much from him. hope he does well in the bread and butter games like against the Boltons and Wigans and maybe he'll be good in the Europa but he doesn't really look like the Maxi Rodriguez of Germany '06.

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2010, 11:10:34 pm »
God there's some nob heads on here, the lad only signed a few weeks ago and is still fitting in and looking for his fitness and playing on the wrong side of pitch but because he hasnt scored 2, set 3 up and tried an overhead from the half way line.... his legs have gone or he's finished...at 29......christ!!

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #245 on: February 16, 2010, 11:48:50 am »
I think he should start on Thursday and then have Riera play against City

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #246 on: February 16, 2010, 11:50:48 am »
I think he should start on Thursday and then have Riera play against City

Maxi can't play on Thursday - not in the Euro squad list.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2010, 01:32:24 pm »
Nice interview with him on .tv
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maxi: I was made to play here
17th Feb 2010

Maxi Rodriguez has revealed how he believes the aggressive nature of the Barclays Premier League will bring out the best in him.

The Argentina winger has made six appearances for Liverpool since completing his January transfer from Atletico Madrid.

And rather than be perturbed by the notoriously combative style of English football, Maxi admits it's something he is relishing.

"It's going fantastic so far and I couldn't have hoped for better," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "It's so different to daily life in Madrid, but I think I am settling in and it's even better here than I expected it to be.

"Gradually as the weeks have gone by, I've been getting used to daily life in the city. I think it will be even better when I'm more settled.

"It's totally different here to the football in La Liga. Certainly you are aware of the fact it is a lot more physical, tougher and aggressive - they are the big differences.

"But wherever you play football in the world, you still play with a round ball, so you get used to it.

"What's more, I really like the competitive, physical aspect of the game. I think it suits my style and I'm enjoying it."

There are fewer fixtures more physically challenging than a Merseyside derby, however Maxi was a stand out performer in Liverpool's battling victory over Everton earlier this month.

Dirk Kuyt's second-half header settled a typically feisty encounter at Anfield - and Rodriguez admits the Kop played a key role in firing up Rafael Benitez's side on the day.

Reflecting on his derby bow, he said: "I loved it. I really enjoyed it because we won - the fact we came away with the three points was very important.

"It's a long time since I've played in such a high tempo, intense game and atmosphere.

"All home games are special occasions for the players and fans, but you play with your heart on those occasions because you know how much it means to the supporters."

The 29-year-old added: "It's something special to hear the fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone.

"I'd been here with Atletico in the Champions League, but obviously I was on the opposition. You really appreciate this tradition when you know the fans are on your side and singing on your behalf.

"It's a beautiful moment and a special experience for both fans and players. It's a real motivating factor and something that should continue for all of Liverpool's existence. It's unique and special."

Maxi was greeted by a few familiar faces at Melwood when he completed his move to Anfield - most notably international colleague Javier Mascherano.

"Javier has been a great help - a massive help - for me, especially from the language point of view," he acknowledged.

"When you come to a different club in a different country and you don't understand the language, it's a big help to have someone around who can translate for you.

"However, the big thing is to try on your own, and so when I am out and about I try to learn. I also have a teacher and I'm having lessons, and bit by bit I'll get used to speaking.

"Speaking is hard so far, but my understanding is coming along."

The Reds' new No.17 was also welcomed to Merseyside by former Atletico teammate Fernando Torres.

The pair struck up a close friendship during their time together at the Vicente Calderon - and Maxi is eager to be reunited once again on the pitch.

He said: "Fernando and I had some good times playing together at Atletico. As well as being a great player, he is a good guy.

"Obviously we have a really strong squad here at Anfield, but you will always miss someone like him.

"So to get him back will be a real bonus. I am looking forward to playing with him again greatly."

Maxi has started Liverpool's last two matches, but will be forced to watch Thursday's Europa League clash with Unirea Urziceni from the sidelines.

Having figured for Atletico in continental competition this season, Rodriguez is ineligible to play a part in the Reds' European campaign for the remainder of 2009-10.

"When I found out it wouldn't be possible for me to play in Europe, it left a sick feeling in my stomach," he admits.

"You always want to play and take part, and you feel as though you are almost letting your teammates down by not being able to play. But you've just got to take it in your stride and move on."

He added: "I am reasonably satisfied so far - I think I've done okay.

"I came here to perform and do a job for the side. I think it's a case of working on my physical strength to make sure I can last and be 100 per cent throughout the 90 minutes. The football is different, as I said before, but I think so far, so good."

Meanwhile, the forward has revealed the reasoning behind the decision to display 'Maxi' on the back of his jersey rather than 'Rodriguez'.

"I am fine with Maxi, but fans can call me whatever they prefer," he said.

"We tend to have lots of nicknames in Argentina. Mine is 'La Fiera', while Javier's is 'the boss' or 'El Jefe'. It's a tradition over there for players to have a nickname."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/maxi-i-was-made-to-play-here
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Mr. Miyagi

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #248 on: February 22, 2010, 10:31:51 am »
Is this the official Maxi thread?

Being in Oz at the moment, I have not actually seen highlights of him yet at the moment and must confess to not knowing too much about him when he played in Spain. 

Anyway, entirely speculative question, but from what you have seen of him so far are you confident that he will be a real asset to the squad next season?

Heard he does not have a lot of pace. Was he the sort of player that used to rely on his pace in his younger days?

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2010, 10:36:09 am »
Not really done anything at all so far and his workrate had hardly been breathtaking. Hopefully he is still settling in, but he was the first one to be taken off yday. One thing is that unlike some of our other wingers - his first touch is superb...

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2010, 11:50:14 am »
So far it looks like , he's the poor man's Dirk Kuyt.

Doesnt contribute anything going forward, works hard but not Kuyt hard and yet, is played out of position and always seems to be in the starting 11 no matter how crap he performed in the last match.

My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: February 22, 2010, 11:59:42 am »
So far it looks like , he's the poor man's Dirk Kuyt.

Doesnt contribute anything going forward, works hard but not Kuyt hard and yet, is played out of position and always seems to be in the starting 11 no matter how crap he performed in the last match.

::)

give him a bloody chance!!

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: February 22, 2010, 12:54:07 pm »
::)

give him a bloody chance!!

Bit harsh eh...
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2010, 03:38:30 pm »
yeah a little harsh, he has only started a couple of games, playing for a new team in a new country cant be easy

dont be so quick to write players of, its the same with aquilani, i wont be judging him until ive seen him play more football

Offline Tigerheart

• Carroll? He's shit. Henderson? Shit. Adam...shit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2010, 02:03:21 am »
I would start Riera ahead of him any day of the week.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2010, 02:16:43 am »
He hasn't done anything to impress me yet, he wasn't a recular at Atletico so he came to us to improve his World Cup chances, and Rafa must have promised him a chance to prove himself.

So far I rate Benayoun, Kuyt, Riera and Babel ahead of him on the wing, I just hope he proves me wrong.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2010, 02:42:33 am »
I would start Riera ahead of him any day of the week.

Play both would be my ideal scenario.

Offline LIVusa34

• Kopite
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2010, 03:26:17 am »
Play both would be my ideal scenario.

That's a slow team with Dirk up front.

With Torres....that's still a slow team.

Offline Bam

• -bocciade.....look it up!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2010, 03:41:42 am »
Good signing I reckon, retains possesion better than some of his teamates and doesn't trap a ball further than I can kick it.

Its a start!
It’s the attitude we’ve always had and we stand by it, we don't appreciate different views – don’t like it then fuck off to another site, it really is that simple and it goes for everyone – we do care, agree with us or fuck off, it’s the internet!

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2010, 09:29:04 am »
He hasn't done anything to impress me yet, he wasn't a recular at Atletico so he came to us to improve his World Cup chances, and Rafa must have promised him a chance to prove himself.

So far I rate Benayoun, Kuyt, Riera and Babel ahead of him on the wing, I just hope he proves me wrong.
He's a good squad player to have avaliable but he's not a first team player. We've already got enough wingers who lack pace and whilst signing Maxi didn't really represent any risk, I don't think he's going to have much impact on the remainder of our season.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Mr. Miyagi

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2010, 09:36:18 am »
Has Maxi ever been `world class'?

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2010, 10:45:18 am »
Bit of a conspiracy theory but it wouldn't surprise me if Rafa bought Maxi in to try and make Mascherano happier with life in Liverpool....we know they are great mates.

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2010, 11:51:51 am »
Bit of a conspiracy theory but it wouldn't surprise me if Rafa bought Maxi in to try and make Mascherano happier with life in Liverpool....we know they are great mates.

one of the stupidest things ive ever heard

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2010, 12:22:40 pm »
He still nees to adapt. So I won't judge him now. I think he's being done a disservice by Rafa deploying him on the left.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline deebo!

• Main Stander
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2010, 12:36:51 pm »
God there's some nob heads on here, the lad only signed a few weeks ago and is still fitting in and looking for his fitness and playing on the wrong side of pitch but because he hasnt scored 2, set 3 up and tried an overhead from the half way line.... his legs have gone or he's finished...at 29......christ!!

seems to be a fucking reoccouring problem with our players!!!! wish raffa would ever give that shit over and stop fukkn around!
Blackburn are a filthy disgusting bunch of degenerate c*nts managed by a prize cock of a man upon whom I'd gladly piss, even if he wasn't on fire. Nzonzi, Diouf, Chimbonda can fuck off and die for all I care.

Offline Mr Sitter

• ...and Rosenthal must score...
  • Kopite
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2010, 12:37:07 pm »
sell him
I think that's probably the most moronic argument that I've ever seen on this site and believe me, there's a fucking lot of competition for that particular title.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2010, 01:20:35 pm »
one of the stupidest things ive ever heard
Right - cos clubs don't do this? You do realise Milan bought Kaka's brother when they got Kaka just so he would sit in the reseves forever....cos they knew it would help Kaka. I guess that was stupid too.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 25, 2010, 01:30:45 pm »
is he actually a winger?
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2010, 01:33:25 pm »
I didn't see enough of Atletico to know this, but did he play predominantly on the right there?
If so, why all the fuss about whether he's going to fit in or if he's good enough?

When a player moves mid-season, to another country, and is played in the left rather than the right and in and out of the side, what do people expect? Hat-tricks in every game? No wonder the lad can't get settled.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2010, 01:34:47 pm »
Too early to make any bold judgements but he's been a passenger in the games he's played so far and, in my opinion, should not be keeping Riera out the side.  I understand the signing and think it may eventually be a good one for the side but at the moment, Riera would get the nod on the left hand side.

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2010, 05:03:55 pm »
He wasnt on camera much during the derby, but fck me I cant remember seeing a footballer looking as bemused or confused as he did.

I also heard he was guff for his last 2 years in Spain, hope the change of scene does him good but Im not overly optimistic judging by the standard of frees we have had in the last couple of years(Russian Gypsy and the gorgeous but fragile Swiss right back)
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #271 on: February 28, 2010, 05:00:49 pm »
I thought he was improved today with some nice link up and of course the assist for Torres.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #272 on: February 28, 2010, 05:03:25 pm »
I thought he was improved today with some nice link up and of course the assist for Torres.

Yeah I think he's slowly getting there and coming to terms with the PL.  He is a quality player and adds some width that our side has been needing. 

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: February 28, 2010, 05:03:28 pm »
Thought Maxi had a very good game today.  Great assist for Torres' goal.  He's going to be an absolute steal for us given that we got him for nothing.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: February 28, 2010, 05:15:44 pm »
Well done Maxi, worked hard on that right hand side and was excellent for the assist.

Offline barnseysleftpeg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: February 28, 2010, 05:36:11 pm »
Thought it was his best game so far.

Worked hard, looked to create when he could and created a goal.

Also looked quicker than he has done.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #276 on: February 28, 2010, 05:39:10 pm »
Think that was Maxi's best performance for us so far today.  Lovely assist for Torres' goal, and he's beginning to get to grips with the pace of the game over here. 

The lad was pure quality when at Atletico, and is for Argentina.  I'm pretty damn sure he's getting there for us.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: February 28, 2010, 05:45:06 pm »
Slowly fitting into our style of play. Will come good sooner or later.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #278 on: February 28, 2010, 05:46:47 pm »
Thought it was his best game so far.

Worked hard, looked to create when he could and created a goal.

Indeed. I think playing alongside his former Atletico teammate Torres probably helped too.

Offline barnseysleftpeg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: February 28, 2010, 06:50:10 pm »
Indeed. I think playing alongside his former Atletico teammate Torres probably helped too.

Yeah I agree probably also having Masch behind had a hand in it as well.  They linked up very well.

Masch is fxcking beast