Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 247971 times)

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
Re: Cancer
« Reply #960 on: November 6, 2011, 05:52:02 am »
That moment in my life is still hard to get over even after he made a full recovery from it.

Absolutely,Trada. Hearing the 'C' word for yourself or family is scarier than having a car smash. It's also a scar for life that merely fades. It's still there.
to be honest, sometimes the message is not even delivered well from the so-called health professionals. I've hear some crass remarks made by them that have made me want to smack them in their smug face.
I've also heard some gentle & kind words when they are telling a patient & family a diagnosis.
It's the fear of the unknown when cancer is diagnosed. So many what to do, what to say things. And for those who naturally comfort it's like a gnawing pain. Am I doing my best stuff. They watch a loved one & dont know what to do or say. That's not a failing either. It's life with cancer

Horror of a disease.  Mate back in the UK buried his wife on Friday. He's still second guessing himself he might have done more. I simply said you were there and you loved her. That's what matters. Same for you, Trada. You loved your Dad. Always recall that.
For anyone else that posts here,
You Will Never Walk Alone
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #961 on: November 6, 2011, 09:44:05 am »
I simply said you were there and you loved her. That's what matters. Same for you, Trada. You loved your Dad. Always recall that.
For anyone else that posts here,
You Will Never Walk Alone

Wise words rafa...

I wish you all a nice sunday and Best wishes to all of you who are fighting this fucker of a disease right now. God bless!

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #962 on: November 8, 2011, 07:05:46 am »
It seems that Jo is now over the worst of the kidney failure. They have pumped her full of fluids to flush them out and is much, much better. Her jaundice has gone in her face, just a slight tinge in the whites of her eyes. She's currently carrying about 16lbs of excess fluid at the moment so now they are concentrating on reducing that.

Jo had an X ray on her stomach yesterday and will have a CT scan and I think she's having an MRI scan as well just to check on her organs. Her confusion has 95% gone now and can probably put the other 5% down to tiredness now. Jo can get to the toilet unaided as well.

Macmillan nurse came to see her yesterday and she maybe going to Willowbrook for a day each week whilst she recovers fully as she enjoyed it last time she went. No sign of her coming home yet and I'll be surprised if it's this week but considering how I felt on Friday, probably the worst day of my life, it seems a million miles away now thankfully.

Hopefully when she's fully recovered they can carry on with her treatment.

Thanks for your support, much appreciated.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #963 on: November 8, 2011, 08:06:09 am »
Positive news Keith.

Nice one.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: November 8, 2011, 08:29:25 am »
Do any of you know the feeling of just wanting to give another person you don't know a big comforting bear hug? Not because of anything but for the things they've been going through finally seem to work out for the better. That's how I feel about you keith. I'm so glad things are going in the right direction with Jo. I really am. Best wishes to you both.

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: November 8, 2011, 12:40:24 pm »
Positive news Keith.

Nice one.

Thanks.

Do any of you know the feeling of just wanting to give another person you don't know a big comforting bear hug? Not because of anything but for the things they've been going through finally seem to work out for the better. That's how I feel about you keith. I'm so glad things are going in the right direction with Jo. I really am. Best wishes to you both.

Thanks very much.

I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #966 on: November 8, 2011, 05:22:04 pm »
Great news Kieth,well chuffed for you mate. Lets hope it continues i that direction now!
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #967 on: November 9, 2011, 10:32:21 pm »
just a little update to all the people who check this thread...

My father (73) who passed away on 1 November, peacefully in his sleep (thank you god)... from a brain tumor  :'(
we will lay him back to the earth on Tue 15 Nov.. (say a prayer if you have a moment) to speed him on his way..
the tears have slowed, not stopped... time is a healer . but just airing a few things to people here has helped me a lot ... & i thank you,  & you people still fighting... i pray for you... it's all the Magic i got  :'(

jeez... i'm weeping now  ;D...  this song brings me some strength... hope it helps you.. Peace & Love.. Hixxstar  8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aFKgi5D6eU?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0aFKgi5D6eU?fs=1</a>

Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: November 9, 2011, 10:42:56 pm »
Well, they say life is a rollercoaster.

Joanne had an appointment with the oncologist at St Helens, so Whiston organised a taxi for us and we went down with a nurse to clinic.

Doesn't life have a habit of kicking you in the balls, this time they decided to use a sledge hammer!!

We were told that although Jo had improved externally, it was clear to see, internally was quite the opposite. It seems the cancer in her liver has become more aggressive, now whether this has caused the infection that affected the kidneys I'm not sure or whether it was just compounded by everything else. Anyway, the Dr asked Jo did she want anymore chemo or just to let nature take it's course. She's a very strong minded person and won't give up without a fight buton the other hand her organs are very weak at the moment after the kidney failure and the Dr said they need to act fast if chemo is the choice and he doesn't know how she'll respond to it, it could improve things or could make her worse.

Jo decided she wanted to give it one last shot so we're going from Whiston tomorrow to Clatterbridge where she will be an inpatient whilst they give her the first treatment. It's being done at Clatterbridge as that's where the oncologist is based and where his support team is and he wants to keep a very close eye on her during the treatment and for any side affects.

To be honest, we had an inkling it wasn't going to be good news because he popped into Whiston yesterday to see Jo and asked her if she was up for going out would she go to clinic as he said it was more private there and he could have a proper chat with her. ALarm bells start to ring when they say that because if it's good news, you don't give a shit who hears it.

So, up early tomorrow, pop over to Whiston to sort some more gear out for her then off we go to Clatterbridge. Jo must be absolutely knackered because I am and there's naff all wrong with me.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: November 9, 2011, 10:49:54 pm »
^^^Keith^^^ i pray for you my friend.... i pray for you two ... wish there was something i could do... take my arm, leg.. whatever...i'd trade for you..   :'(
Be strong... i need a drink.. sorry..  :butt

off to a very good mates funeral tomorrow !! .. heart attack at 31.. top pool player from Preston-Chris Finn... what they say.. lifes like a box of chocolates !!
http://www.lep.co.uk/news/health/gentle_giant_death_storm_1_3950504
« Last Edit: November 9, 2011, 10:55:37 pm by hixxstar »

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: November 9, 2011, 10:58:58 pm »
Quote from: Rhi link=topic=244139.msg9464578#msg9464578 date=1320879232[quote
Hixxstar - hope you're holding up OK. xxx

i'm cool..... just emotional at the mo... (thanks)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: November 10, 2011, 12:21:15 am »
Well, they say life is a rollercoaster.

I'm speechless... Don't know what to say/write at all but I just need to respond. I'm sitting here feeling utterly gutted and I don't know you or Jo at all. I can't even begin to imagine how you or Jo must feel. Jeeeez. I can only echo alot of what Rhi wrote really...

Fuckinell I feel for you guys. Fingers crossed... God bless!

hixx: good to hear you're doing good after all you've been through.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #972 on: November 10, 2011, 12:31:11 am »
there's naff all wrong with me.
You can say that again mate. You're doing all the right things, and being there for her, offering unwavering support. Hope you get better news soon. You deserve to.

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: November 10, 2011, 01:49:36 am »
Aah Keith it's such a bastard of a thing this disease. Thoughts are with you and Jo at this time and hopefully the docs can give you a bit more positive news. You seem to be doing so well supporting her even though it must be tearing you apart to see her go through this. Stay strong and know that there are people thinking of you both.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #974 on: November 10, 2011, 01:34:17 pm »
Keith mate,it shows the strength of Jo to say yes to more chemo,she is fighting this as hard as she can and that is half the battle! i know from past and current experience how hard it is just to get through,let alone hope its doing its job so she must have some inner strength,enough to match yours mate. its inspirational,it really is.

Keep fighting it the pair of you,dont ever give up....

Sending my most positive thoughts to you both...........
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: November 15, 2011, 01:44:57 am »
I know it's late.... we will put my father to rest today, 2-30pm... if you wish, please say a prayer for my father - 'John' -
his pain is over. we can now put him to earth, from where he came.. Thank you all for your kind words.... it means so much to me...   :'(

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #976 on: November 15, 2011, 03:09:36 am »
I know it's late.... we will put my father to rest today, 2-30pm... if you wish, please say a prayer for my father - 'John' -
his pain is over. we can now put him to earth, from where he came.. Thank you all for your kind words.... it means so much to me...   :'(
Sure mate for him and for you too, keep strong tomorrow.

And Keith you are truly made of gold, she is a brave fighter and with you next to her she will fight even harder. You guys are in my prayers.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: November 15, 2011, 03:32:10 pm »

Hi Hixxstar, good luck today mate, you'll do him proud.

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: November 15, 2011, 03:40:47 pm »
Unfortunately, after a very long weekend, Joanne passed away earlier this morning at about 1:30am. I was with her and that's all I ever wanted, for her not to be alone.

God bless you my darling

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: November 15, 2011, 03:41:44 pm »

will do mate, YNWA

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: November 15, 2011, 03:43:58 pm »
Unfortunately, after a very long weekend, Joanne passed away earlier this morning at about 1:30am. I was with her and that's all I ever wanted, for her not to be alone.

God bless you my darling

my thoughts are with you keith , so sorry

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #981 on: November 15, 2011, 03:56:21 pm »

God bless you my darling

I'm so sorry to hear that Keith, thoughts and prays are with you now  :-\
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: November 15, 2011, 04:32:44 pm »
First time I've been really back in here since my Granda died, unfortunately it's not to say how my grieving has been going, that things are getting better or to offer support to others, but that I've just found out a friend of mines has 6-9 months left to live after the doctors today confirmed his cancer has returned and that there's nothing they can do for him.  :no

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: November 15, 2011, 04:33:26 pm »

God bless you my darling

So sorry to hear that.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: November 15, 2011, 04:44:21 pm »
keith I am truely sorry for your loss. I'm glad y were with your love when she passed so she didn't go alone. I was with my dad when he passed - that gives me great comfort almost 7 years on.

I hope you know that for whatever it's worth we're all here for you if you need a shoulder or support. Feel free to PM me if you feel like that.
My condolences.

Harry: No words can help in your situation but know that if you want to vent this thread is the right place. Also if you need it please feel free to PM me.

Motherf*cking disease...... :no

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #985 on: November 15, 2011, 05:00:55 pm »

God bless you my darling

I'm very sorry to hear that, Keith.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #986 on: November 15, 2011, 05:32:49 pm »
My condolences Keith, sorry to hear that.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #987 on: November 15, 2011, 06:14:29 pm »
RIP Jo.

Glad you were together in her last moments Keith.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #988 on: November 15, 2011, 07:10:52 pm »
Keith, hixx, gutted for you guys and thinking of you both.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: November 15, 2011, 09:16:59 pm »
That's the news I was really hoping I wouldn't see when I came to catch up on the thread. Awful. Thinking of you, Keith. x

I echo this. I am so, so sorry to hear that Keith. I can't begin to comprehend how you're feeling right now but I'll be thinking of you. Take care.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #990 on: November 15, 2011, 09:26:30 pm »
Sorry to hear that Keith. My thoughts are with you mate. I find it hard coming in here now and im in tears. Its a horrible disease.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: November 15, 2011, 10:10:33 pm »

Wow... was just gonna tell you we had a 'good' a day as poss, bright sun, nice sevice & no arguments all day ... (dad would of grinned)
Then i read that... i'm welling up here.. emotional is an understatement.. i feel for you keith & your beautiful Jo... RIP

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: November 15, 2011, 10:18:00 pm »
My condolences Keith, RIP. Joanne.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: November 15, 2011, 11:51:42 pm »
I'm sat here having had a few more than a few Guinness. I miss my dad, I feel for all of the peeps I've gotten to "know" in here who have lost loved ones to this horrible disease and I can do fuck all about it.

Not looking for pity here. I guess it's just the powerlessness hitting me right now. Fuck I hope this disease will be exterminated soon. God bless...

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: November 15, 2011, 11:53:12 pm »
I'm sat here having had a few more than a few Guinness. I miss my dad, I feel for all of the peeps I've gotten to "know" in here who have lost loved ones to this horrible disease and I can do fuck all about it.

Not looking for pity here. I guess it's just the powerlessness hitting me right now. Fuck I hope this disease will be exterminated soon. God bless...

thoughts with you mate, stay strong....
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: November 16, 2011, 12:13:46 am »
Oh Keith I'm so sorry. Look after yourself xxx

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: November 16, 2011, 12:14:48 am »
Sorry to hear that Keith. My thoughts are with you mate. I find it hard coming in here now and im in tears. Its a horrible disease.

I'll echo this.............peace to you.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: November 16, 2011, 12:18:05 am »

Had a candle burning for your Dad, hixxstar. Always light a candle when it's time for a person to leave their loved ones.
May his soul have Eternal rest and peace come to you & the family.
R.I.P. John
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: November 16, 2011, 12:24:51 am »
God bless you my darling

Keith, my deepest sympathies but full RESPECT to you as you held the hand of your beautiful Joanne.
What a horror of a battle for you both. Words are trite but your courage has shone thro' every post and I got more than a glimpse of Joanne's mettle.
Thank you for having the guts to stand with Joanne.
May her soul rest in Peace.
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #999 on: November 16, 2011, 07:45:54 am »
Keith and Hixx, my thoughts are with you both.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.