Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Last post by Andy @ Allerton! on Today at 11:33:26 am »
Not enjoying football in the slightest.

I still support LFC and will keep my ST - already renewed and already back on the Auto-ticket scheme.

Binning aways now as well - my knees are wrecked after all that standing at Goodison

I'll go to all our home games and I'll watch our away games in the pub - cancelling all the Sports channels - no point having them anyway. I fucking hate the pricks that talk shite before kick off. I hate the commentators. I hate the twats that do the half time shite. I hate the bastards that ignore everything that happened at the end. I hate the pundits, the commentators, the pricks in the newspapers, the dickheads on the British football shows and all the hangers on, dickheads and twats the infest the game.

I used to love football. It's quite impressive how much these c*nts have ruined it.
He certainly broke the rules. And then he tried to cover his error by persuading the goalie that he was injured. This was pointed out on the BBC. Shearer couldn't believe it.

What will happen now is that PGMOL will refuse to release the audio and Taylor will go unpunished. They have a consistent record of closing ranks and protecting referees when they make mistakes.

The incident was similar in some respects to the Arsenal v Bayern match where Gabriel picked up the ball when it was 'live' in the box. It ought to have been a penalty, but the ref bent the rules and allowed Arsenal to take the goal kick again. Yesterday the West Ham goalie was hoping to waste time. He also made a stupid mistake. The ref bailed him out too. Same thing. Both incidents are unusual (but will surely become more common as time-wasting becomes more and more sophisticated). But it's not the referees job to react to bizarre mistakes by erasing them.

Someone mentioned cricket yesterday Yorkie and I think they made a valid point. Every once in a while cricket always throws up something a bit ridiculous like a Mankad run out, that Bairstow stumping in the Ashes or someone handling the ball where you think it’s a bit soft or not quite right but generally the laws of the game are applied correctly and that person is still given out. Football refs just seem to do what they want and know they won’t be challenged on it.
It’s not a partly relevant debatable thing … it’s literally how much a player has played
He’s a talented boy but it’s really hard to score goals when you’re not on the pitch
Jotas got 10 league goals … an “objectively” even crapper return
Kevin De Bruynes got 4 league goals… the washed up loser

Come on… we all get that there’s a debate around Nunez’s level you’ve got to have it in good faith
Players can’t score when they’re not on the pitch (sort of mad that has to be spelt out but that’s what you and others are currently arguing against)

He's missed a small handful of games through injury , unlike De Bruyne and Jota who have missed weeks and weeks. So why isn't he getting the minutes? His performances haven't made him first name on the team sheet, a third of the games he's been involved in, he's been on the bench. Look at the key players in our squad, if they're available they start. Isn't that worth consideration when assessing how good he is?

Regardless, with the games he's played and the chances he's missed he could easily be up to 20 if he had some finesse about him.
time will tell whether slot can attract the big name players

slot has my full backing as he hasnt even managed a game for us yet

you cant judge any player or manager until they have starting working for the club

if any player wants to leave the club , let them leave , lfc only works if you have 100% commited players

We signed Luis Suarez with a temporary manager and no CL football. It's up to the club to identify the right players and sell the vision.

The odd player might ignore a better offer somewhere else but we couldn't sell the club to Caicedo or Lavia over Chelsea last summer or Tchouameni or Bellingham in the year before even with Klopp.

The club can attract very good players, but we've never been at the top of the food chain in the transfer market, whether in terms of budget or pulling power. In 2019 with 97 poiints and a CL title, we were at our peak in terms of pulling power, yet chose not to sign anybody.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 11:31:32 am »
What's shameless is you tweaking for some stats as if he's just dropped the Holy grail. I've ignored it as its another ridiculous stat drop that proves nothing to the conversation.

Santiago Giminez is better on the ball than Darwin Nunez. That's a fact. I could get stats to prove anything in football if the recipients have never used their eyes.

Salah scored 44 goals in a season for us and had a boat load of criminal misses. I bet I can make his season look shite with some numbers if I wanted.

But keep going. Ridiculous....

If Giminez is better on the ball why has he got a lower pass completion rate 68.45% compared to Nunez with 72.59%, made far less successful passes 9.91 to Nunez's 14.59 per game. Why does he make far less key passes 1.01 compared to Nunez's 1.45 per game. He provides assists at a far lower rate 1 every 472 minutes compared to Nunez 1 every 250 minutes.

Why is he dispossessed 1.7 times per game compared to Nunez 1.2 per game. That is in a League that is way below the Premier League.

Maybe you need to take your eye test to Specsavers. ;)
The match report https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68862599 makes zero mention of it...etc

Yeah, I know. I was just correcting Andy when he said that the BBC had totally ignored the incident. I think the implication was that they must be part of the anti-Liverpool conspiracy. But, as I said, the BBC didn't ignore it. They discussed it and broadly agreed with posters on RAWK on what had happened. That is emphatically NOT the BBC ignoring the incident. Unless of course you just look at one piece of evidence only.
Would love Nkunku, massive fan of his for years. Aren’t Chelsea more pressed to sell homegrown players though in how profit is is viewed within FFP?

Makes Colwill more interesting to us for sure. Maatsen too.

I think we need a new left back, though admittedly it’s further down list than a CB, new CM and forward(s).
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by MonsLibpool on Today at 11:29:45 am »
That's right, who was Salah before "they" made him?

Sorry for going off the superfan line giving FSG the green light for another fire sale in the upcoming window, which undoubtedly will happen. Salah deserves also respect.

Salah has been a better player and more loyal than fan favourites like Henderson, Alonso, Torres.

As for the Chelshit "reject" comments, he is in the same list as De Bruyne, Havertz, Pulisic and so many others who did alright after the left the london shit.

Klopp is a great Manager and very loyal.
There is no guarantee that he would have succeeded elsewhere. Some of our players that got "big" moves flopped miserably e.g Coutinho, Mane, Wijanldum, etc. The fact remains that he flopped at Chelsea and what he did in the Serie A is nothing special because players like Lookman have done well there.

He joins another club or manager and he's unlikely to be where he is today so he could show more respect because respect is a two-way street. We've had so many legends that have won a lot more than him and they've come and gone.

Him being a legend doesn't mean he should react like that when rightly dropped. This is Liverpool FC not Mo Salah FC and some need to understand that.
Think it was this thread (jumping about a lot) that spoke of Ferguson, Wenger and Klopp and the power they wielded by the end of their time at their respective clubs. But they didn’t start off with that much control. That came about by the success they gave and gradually took on more and more responsibility. When Ferguson and Wenger left (different circumstances as Wenger had already dropped off a bit) you could tell it would be difficult to replace such strong personalities and a drop off felt inevitable.

From the outside, people will be expecting ring the same thing with us once Klopp leaves. As said above, I think changing the structure does probably take some pressure of Slot, while also making him more replaceable if things don’t go well.

If everything goes as well as Edwards and co hope then we have an impressive young coach, a decent squad with room for improvement and can probably hold our own on the mind of level we’re at now. Obviously there’s potential for things to drop off a level too. Everything is a bit uncertain.

The only club who are geared to chopping and changing manager/head coach and not having a drop off have been Chelsea. Although their last few years have been fairly barren. But they could previously change a coach and not seemingly have a proof of rebuilding. For the clubs who have had an all powerful manager it’s not been that easy. It’s a double edged sword. When they’re that successful, why wouldn’t you give them more control. But that just seems to make the drop when they leave more daunting.

That’s a lot of waffle really to say, let’s see what happens. :D I think I’m generally quite pragmatic. While I always hope for the best I think it’s fair to say Klopp had us over achieving and a failure to keep doing so shouldn’t really pinned on any new manager unless he’s a twat like Hodgson. But at the same time a new man, new ideas, hopefully backed with some new signings, that all feels potentially exciting too.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by LFC when it suits on Today at 11:28:07 am »
Salah is obviously a club legend. He was disrespectful to Klopp yesterday but I can get that emotions are high when our season is capitulating so I can forgive that. However, if you are thinking with your head and not your heart, it's time to move Salah on this summer, get some money while we still can and build for the future with Slot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10