Author Topic: HBO Series:- The Last of Us [spoiler tags approach applies!]  (Read 26550 times)

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
Re: HBO Series:- The Last of Us
« Reply #200 on: February 1, 2023, 12:55:40 pm »
I have noticed that it's been review bombed fairly heavily on IMDB. Over 22,000 one star reviews have dragged the overall rating of the episode down to an 8.0, as compared to an overall user rating of 9.2 and 9.3 for episodes 1 and 2 respectively.

Let's be honest, we don't need the review bombers to spell it out for us, we know why they've done this. It's unsurprising of course, but still hugely saddening.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #201 on: February 1, 2023, 12:59:19 pm »
I have noticed that it's been review bombed fairly heavily on IMDB. Over 22,000 one star reviews have dragged the overall rating of the episode down to an 8.0, as compared to an overall user rating of 9.2 and 9.3 for episodes 1 and 2 respectively.

Let's be honest, we don't need the review bombers to spell it out for us, we know why they've done this. It's unsurprising of course, but still hugely saddening.

Very christian of people to do that

Online emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #202 on: February 1, 2023, 01:30:38 pm »
For people kicking off saying that episode 3 added nothing for Ellie and Joel, they’ve completely missed the entire point of the episode.

Cretins.

I argued for hours online with a person who had exactly this opinion. I went and broke down the entire analogy of the episode into small digestable pieces for him - he simply ignored it all and went on proclaiming that “the episode was shit, 1/10, had nothing to do with Joel and Ellie, and thus ruined the entire show.”

In the end, I gave up and walked away. No listening to reason for some folk.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: February 1, 2023, 01:51:31 pm »
I argued for hours online with a person who had exactly this opinion. I went and broke down the entire analogy of the episode into small digestable pieces for him - he simply ignored it all and went on proclaiming that “the episode was shit, 1/10, had nothing to do with Joel and Ellie, and thus ruined the entire show.”

'Nothing to do with Joel and Ellie' is incredible. Literally the whole episode was a parallel to the relationship Joel and Ellie will come to have, with him being her protector in the way Bill was for Frank.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Re: HBO Series:- The Last of Us [spoiler tags approach applies!]
« Reply #204 on: February 1, 2023, 02:57:43 pm »

'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'
"Salahs in here......"

Online emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #205 on: February 1, 2023, 03:20:15 pm »
I learned my lesson :D

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #206 on: February 1, 2023, 03:52:11 pm »
Loved episode 3 and I'm sure they will reappear in flash backs.. The ratings are going up bt about 12% each episode and glad it been given a 2nd series
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 1, 2023, 07:45:37 pm »

TLOU2 spoiler, at least by standards of the hyper sensitive souls on here :P...

Spoiler
season 2 is going to have the worst ratings in TV history, isn't it?
[close]

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 1, 2023, 09:43:54 pm »
One thing I will say for the imdb pooh-poohers (minor ep3 and first game spoilers)...

Spoiler
One reviewer pointed out that the path chosen by the showrunners meant we missed out on some great Bill moments from the game... Joel being caught by one of his booby traps and having to save Ellie from a group of infected while suspended upside down, Bill teaching him how to make nail bombs, and most of all the part where Bill's truck won't start so they have to do a push start down main street as infected swarm out of the houses. Hopefully they find another context for that scene, it was intense.
[close]

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #209 on: February 1, 2023, 09:53:55 pm »
'Nothing to do with Joel and Ellie' is incredible. Literally the whole episode was a parallel to the relationship Joel and Ellie will come to have, with him being her protector in the way Bill was for Frank.

I didn't even see it that way - I saw it as proof that some hope and love survived the end of the world. A palate cleanser for what I presume is misery and hardship from here on in.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 2, 2023, 09:14:08 pm »
One thing I will say for the imdb pooh-poohers (minor ep3 and first game spoilers)...

Spoiler
One reviewer pointed out that the path chosen by the showrunners meant we missed out on some great Bill moments from the game... Joel being caught by one of his booby traps and having to save Ellie from a group of infected while suspended upside down, Bill teaching him how to make nail bombs, and most of all the part where Bill's truck won't start so they have to do a push start down main street as infected swarm out of the houses. Hopefully they find another context for that scene, it was intense.
[close]

Minor game spoilers.

Spoiler
I think they’ll incorporate the upside down trap and hoardes searming out of houses somewhere else. They’re memorable set pieces in the games and would be to big of an opportunity to pass up.

We may get a set piece were the trucks battery dies at some point, resulting in them going searching and a similar situation happens later in the season.
[close]

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #211 on: February 3, 2023, 02:40:24 am »
Yeah would be good if those posting spoilers at least let us know that they are game related, rather than episode related. I want to see spoilers relating to what I've watched!

Yup just got what will probably be the end of this season ruined for me thinking it was an episode 3 discussion spoiler for fuck sake

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #212 on: February 3, 2023, 10:39:59 am »
Yup just got what will probably be the end of this season ruined for me thinking it was an episode 3 discussion spoiler for fuck sake

Likewise, probably the same spoiler.

Fucking idiots.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #213 on: February 3, 2023, 10:43:19 am »
Are there any 'season 2' spoilers which aren't pretty clearly labelled as TLOU 2 game spoilers...?  ???
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 3, 2023, 10:44:48 am »
Why are you’s even clicking the spoiler box when it is clearly labelled SPOILER.

Fucking idiots.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 3, 2023, 11:19:08 am »
Are there any 'season 2' spoilers which aren't pretty clearly labelled as TLOU 2 game spoilers...?  ???

Although
Spoiler
you wonder if they might call an audible and have Joel survive, or at least die in a different way which means he's still around for most of season 2. He's the 'big star' of the show, Pedro Pascal.
[close]

This spoiled the second game for me..... (I'm not that arsed really, don't get too annoyed at yourself  ;D)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 3, 2023, 11:21:21 am »
That was literally replying to someone talking about the 2nd game though, in bold ;D

But I'm sure no-one will anymore, I'd certainly not want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't played it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 3, 2023, 11:30:09 am »
That was literally replying to someone talking about the 2nd game though, in bold ;D

But I'm sure no-one will anymore, I'd certainly not want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't played it.

I know, it's on me really, but it's so easy to miss a bolded bit or expand a spoiler without thinking, it would be nice to have a wawrning for such a big spoiler.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 3, 2023, 11:42:47 am »
I know, it's on me really, but it's so easy to miss a bolded bit or expand a spoiler without thinking, it would be nice to have a wawrning for such a big spoiler.

Considering it's about as big a spoiler as could be, yeah. Especially as there's just before been a [Mod??] warning not to discuss the game in this TV show thread, given there's an actual thread to discuss the fucking game.

« Last Edit: February 3, 2023, 11:44:50 am by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 3, 2023, 11:48:02 am »

Considering it's about as big a spoiler as could be, yeah. Especially as there's just before been a [Mod??] warning not to discuss the game in this TV show thread, given there's an actual thread to discuss the fucking game.

Where? :D

As Andy says, its a bit daft to click on a spoiler and then complain something has been spoiled but you've got people apologising, so you know...sure it wont happen again. You specifically to be getting so aggy when you've literally just posted a load of spoilers for a Marvel movie in another thread? Glass houses etc.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 3, 2023, 11:54:00 am »
Where? :D

As Andy says, its a bit daft to click on a spoiler and then complain something has been spoiled but you've got people apologising, so you know...sure it wont happen again. You specifically to be getting so aggy when you've literally just posted a load of spoilers for a Marvel movie in another thread? Glass houses etc.

1) there were spoilers talking about the show so far all over the place; once you've watched the latest ep, it's usually safe to read spoilers that discuss what you've just watched

2) If you mean the Eternals, it's been out 2 years. Do we avoid talking - without spoilers - about the Blip? Or that Iron Man dies? Or that Kang is the new MCU grand villain?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 3, 2023, 12:29:18 pm »

1) there were spoilers talking about the show so far all over the place; once you've watched the latest ep, it's usually safe to read spoilers that discuss what you've just watched

2) If you mean the Eternals, it's been out 2 years. Do we avoid talking - without spoilers -
Spoiler
about the Blip? Or that Iron Man dies? Or that Kang is the new MCU grand villain?
[close]

Indeed ;)

Its a series based solely on a game. I'm sure everyone will do their best to avoid spoiling anything for anyone, but again if you do click on a spoiler, there's a chance something might get spoiled for you. Thats sort of what the tag is for, as opposed to just blurting out anything in plain sight like you just have about something also a few years old (like the second game is) that others might not have watched, might have got into late etc.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #222 on: February 3, 2023, 12:56:13 pm »
Indeed ;)

Its a series based solely on a game. I'm sure everyone will do their best to avoid spoiling anything for anyone, but again if you do click on a spoiler, there's a chance something might get spoiled for you. Thats sort of what the tag is for, as opposed to just blurting out anything in plain sight like you just have about something also a few years old (like the second game is) that others might not have watched, might have got into late etc.

Personally I'm of the opinion that spoiler tags in here should be used for anything that may yet take place in season one due to it having occurred later in the part 1 game, but that nothing about part 2 should be referenced in here at all. Feels like a reasonable compromise.

The episodes are being broadcast one at a time so there is no need to spoiler anything (for example at this stage) that's already been on tv. It's understandable that there are an awful lot of people watching the tv show who have not, can not, or will not play the game(s), and so it seems to me to be just basic respect not to risk spoiling it.

If you want to talk about things from part 1 that may or may not crop up in season 1, then this is a good place to do so - no part 1 spoilers necessary: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=283909.0

Likewise, if you're thinking forward to part 2 and future seasons, this thread is ideal: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=330713.0

We're in somewhat unprecedented territory early on in a tv adaptation of a story-rich game that already has two instalments stretching out way beyond the stage the tv show is currently at. Let's be kind to one another.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #223 on: February 3, 2023, 12:59:51 pm »
Now that we know for sure that a season 2 is due, why not title this thread 'The Last of Us - Season 1 [game talk in spoiler tags; no part 2 game references]' or something?

https://twitter.com/HBO_UK/status/1619029312560156672

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 3, 2023, 02:03:37 pm »
Personally I'm of the opinion that spoiler tags in here should be used for anything that may yet take place in season one due to it having occurred later in the part 1 game, but that nothing about part 2 should be referenced in here at all. Feels like a reasonable compromise.

The episodes are being broadcast one at a time so there is no need to spoiler anything (for example at this stage) that's already been on tv. It's understandable that there are an awful lot of people watching the tv show who have not, can not, or will not play the game(s), and so it seems to me to be just basic respect not to risk spoiling it.

If you want to talk about things from part 1 that may or may not crop up in season 1, then this is a good place to do so - no part 1 spoilers necessary: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=283909.0

Likewise, if you're thinking forward to part 2 and future seasons, this thread is ideal: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=330713.0

We're in somewhat unprecedented territory early on in a tv adaptation of a story-rich game that already has two instalments stretching out way beyond the stage the tv show is currently at. Let's be kind to one another.

People don't always watch each episode when it comes out.

The normal things with these threads is to just talk about the actual show and, if you're making a plot-related post soon after the episode airs, you spoiler it. Without that, there could be no discussion about what happened in the show.

I think, though, that there's no need to spoiler something from a show or film that's been out for a year or more. If you've not watched something by then, then it's a case of 'buyer beware' when you go into a thread about the show/film.

Also don't think people should be posting game-related spoilers about events that haven't happened in the tv show yet. Especially really important spoilers. But it's fine, for instance, to put in a spoiler tag a comparison to, say, what happened in an aired episode and how it was done in the game.

Either all game discussion is put in the game thread or, as a compromise, any game discussion should be marked "game spoiler" or similar.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #225 on: February 3, 2023, 02:20:56 pm »

People don't always watch each episode when it comes out.

The normal things with these threads is to just talk about the actual show and, if you're making a plot-related post soon after the episode airs, you spoiler it. Without that, there could be no discussion about what happened in the show.

I think, though, that there's no need to spoiler something from a show or film that's been out for a year or more. If you've not watched something by then, then it's a case of 'buyer beware' when you go into a thread about the show/film.

Also don't think people should be posting game-related spoilers about events that haven't happened in the tv show yet. Especially really important spoilers. But it's fine, for instance, to put in a spoiler tag a comparison to, say, what happened in an aired episode and how it was done in the game.

Either all game discussion is put in the game thread or, as a compromise, any game discussion should be marked "game spoiler" or similar.

That's fair enough.

I read back a lot of the threads even for old shows (I'm currently first-watching the penultimate seasons of both Mad Men and Sopranos) and I just check the episode broadcast dates using Wikipedia and don't read beyond the given episode's date. Feel like I'd only have myself to blame if I read about something that was already broadcast.

Definitely more complicated as we discuss something that's out-of-sync and cross-format though ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 3, 2023, 02:38:13 pm »
How about

Spoiler
This is a game spoiler
Spoiler
Its a season 2 game spoiler
Spoiler
Its a really important season 2 game spoiler
Spoiler
Joel cuts his hair in season 2
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

is that enough warning? :D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 3, 2023, 03:47:29 pm »
How about

Spoiler
This is a game spoiler
Spoiler
Its a season 2 game spoiler
Spoiler
Its a really important season 2 game spoiler
Spoiler
Joel cuts his hair in season 2
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

is that enough warning? :D

Perfect!  8)

(I clicked the first two spoilers, but not the third in case Candyman appeared and told me how the whole things ends)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 3, 2023, 04:26:25 pm »
Fucking hell the good people of RAWK could start an argument in an empty house.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 3, 2023, 04:33:40 pm »
Fucking hell the good people of RAWK could start an argument in an empty house.

Spoiler
Game spoiler
Spoiler
Is the house empty though?
Spoiler
Or is it full of zombies ready to chase you down the road whilst you try and jump start a car, eh?
[close]
[close]
[close]

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 3, 2023, 04:47:24 pm »
Spoiler
Game spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Or is it full of zombies ready to chase you down the road whilst you try and jump start a car, eh?
[close]
[close]
[close]

:lmao

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #231 on: February 3, 2023, 05:30:48 pm »
Just rewatched episode 3 and cried all over again. Nick Offerman was absolutely amazing.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #232 on: February 3, 2023, 06:43:41 pm »
Spoiler
Game spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

;D

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 3, 2023, 08:12:24 pm »
2) If you mean the Eternals, it's been out 2 years.

Using that logic, the game has also been out for years.

But thanks for spoiling the Eternals for me. Tit.

;)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 3, 2023, 08:53:47 pm »
Using that logic, the game has also been out for years.

Not at all the same and you know it

But thanks for spoiling the Eternals for me. Tit.

Seriously? Save yourself 2 hours of your life, it's pretty shit.

(I probably shouldn't do this, but at the end of Titanic, the ship sinks)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 3, 2023, 09:45:15 pm »
Not at all the same and you know it

Seriously? Save yourself 2 hours of your life, it's pretty shit.

(I probably shouldn't do this, but at the end of Titanic, the ship sinks)

It is the same, as like eternals, story spoilers have been out on the internet for years.

The mediums are different, but the spoilers are of the same ilk in that they’re about the story.

As for Eternals, was never interested in it to be honest, even the trailers bored me, so thanks for the heads up :thumbsup

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #236 on: February 3, 2023, 10:00:19 pm »
Haven't we got enough to deal with with mutant fungus, without you lot going for each other.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 3, 2023, 11:53:46 pm »
Oh come on now, you must know from a lifetime of zombie entertainment that IT'S THE LIVING YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT!!! whoops, spoiled all movies, TV and games in one post.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #238 on: February 4, 2023, 08:18:21 am »
This thread is about the television show, not the game. The game has its own topic. Items under spoiler tags in this thread should pertain to recent episodes of the television show.

And that Andy person is a twat.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 4, 2023, 09:05:21 am »
This thread is about the television show, not the game. The game has its own topic. Items under spoiler tags in this thread should pertain to recent episodes of the television show.

And that Andy person is a twat.

Shut up you tit.