Author Topic: The Apprentice  (Read 24376 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: The Apprentice
« Reply #480 on: March 22, 2024, 07:50:12 pm »
I’d be wary of judging anyone based on their appearance in a heavily edited reality show. But she came across as someone who refused to listen to constructive ideas from people with more experience than her which is a huge mistake.

In fairness the other contestants have largely ignored her for the duration of the show. She seems quite meek and nervous and I don’t think inspires much confidence in the others. So when she actually got the chance to make the decisions, she seemed to want to do it all herself to prove that she was competent and that backfired massively.

I think some of your points are fair about her certainly earlier on she did put herself forward but seemed to be easily brushed off. There are some very strong personalities on the show. I don't think she helped herself by being too bullish when leading, instead of listening to some constructive criticism.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: March 22, 2024, 10:51:37 pm »
Anyone else really annoyed by Tre? He thinks he has won it already. Smarmy git.
Nope. He comes across as fine to me. Show editing is unknown, but I see no evidence to be annoyed by him or think he's swarmy at all.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: March 22, 2024, 10:59:58 pm »
I was extremely disappointed how awful Noor was as PM. She was awful in every sense of basic management, I wasn't even surprised it didn't get down to 3 in the boardroom.

I don't watch the Fired show, is it a bad thing her not turning up? I assume its months later so is she busy or been a bad knobhead?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #483 on: March 23, 2024, 07:53:47 am »
Her little comment of "oooh that's you" when they were talking about the branding in the pitch was pretty shithousey as well I thought. She couldn't have been more delighted.

It was actually quite a good idea I thought, just horribly executed and she carried herself terribly.

I forgot about that :lmao It’s like she forgot she was PM for a moment.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: March 23, 2024, 10:05:25 am »
I was extremely disappointed how awful Noor was as PM. She was awful in every sense of basic management, I wasn't even surprised it didn't get down to 3 in the boardroom.

I don't watch the Fired show, is it a bad thing her not turning up? I assume its months later so is she busy or been a bad knobhead?

She refused the invite. Apparently she was disappointed with how the program portrayed her due to the editing.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: March 23, 2024, 05:13:07 pm »
Noor was absolutely terrible throughout every program. Offered absolutely nothing. When she was PM she did it terribly.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #486 on: March 23, 2024, 05:54:50 pm »
Just watched the latest one.

My God straight off the bat I knew she was gonna lose and get fired. That Guy had a great idea to market it as a delivery van for retailers, her idea and vision was Bat shit crazy and her Arrogance and Ego were off the charts.

Worst PM ever.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #487 on: March 23, 2024, 08:32:49 pm »
I really struggled to work out what her whole vision for it was.

However, Lord Sugar must have said 3 times about the fact the van didn't move in the video yet he never said that to the other team at all and theirs was equally static.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #488 on: March 28, 2024, 10:00:15 pm »
Pieman must have the greatest business plan in the history of this show.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: March 28, 2024, 10:41:59 pm »
Pieman must have the greatest business plan in the history of this show.

“So Phil, what’s your business plan?”

“Well Lord Sugar, it’s a lengthy portfolio of naked old men caught in compromising positions.”

“Say no more, you’re hired!”

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: March 28, 2024, 11:34:50 pm »
Wow, Phil on the losing team again never saw that coming!

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: March 29, 2024, 10:41:06 am »
Tre absolutely shitting his pants after all the bravado beforehand was pretty funny.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: March 29, 2024, 09:18:20 pm »
That task never makes any sense. Just whichever team brings in the most through sales wins, without any interest in what that would mean in terms of profit. Could have just dropped them face masks down to £20, sold all 150 and won easily.

The losing team got criticised for dropping the price too quickly, but the only reason it was somewhat close was because they dropped one product to £5 and then sold like 40 of them.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: March 30, 2024, 08:27:52 pm »
Things that aren't helping this show:

1. Being after Dragons Den.
2. Keeping Phil in..he's shite.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #494 on: April 2, 2024, 02:41:57 pm »
In that case,

Flo
Tre
Rachel
Steve

For the fifth, I'm split between Paul and Phil. I think Phil is decent, but losing every single task he's been on isn't a good look.

I'd like to retract my statement about Phil above. What he must have though is a decent business plan to have gotten this far after so many losses.

I'm going with final 5 of;

Flo
Tre
Rachel
Steve
Paul
JFT97

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #495 on: April 2, 2024, 02:42:43 pm »
Things that aren't helping this show:

1. Being after Dragons Den.
2. Keeping Phil in..he's shite.

Dragon's Den seems to be getting better and better. I've watched from series 1 episode 1 and I'm just as invested (couldn't resist) in it as a concept as I was back then.
JFT97

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: April 2, 2024, 05:13:54 pm »
Dragon's Den seems to be getting better and better. I've watched from series 1 episode 1 and I'm just as invested (couldn't resist) in it as a concept as I was back then.

Dragon's Den has gone to pot since having Neville on. Is there anything the resident Manc fails to get onto?

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: April 3, 2024, 09:35:58 am »
Dragon's Den has gone to pot since having Neville on. Is there anything the resident Manc fails to get onto?

I know it is all for exposure and not real, but they broke the immersion too much with that posh couple doing the kids books program. Smart idea as it was, they had investment, they had fucking Royal recognition, they didn't need investment they just wanted to be on the show to promote it.

That's why they offered 1% for £1 for all the dragons, it was an exercise in everyone patting themselves on the back and publicity. Wasn't a fan.

Very next episode you had the girl promoting some new age snake oil as healing medical issues including fertility, and some white dude incorporating and commercializing south American shaman culture as a coffee product, both applauded for it.

Doesn't help that Steven Bartlett is a grifter and fame monger either

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: April 3, 2024, 05:27:00 pm »
I know it is all for exposure and not real, but they broke the immersion too much with that posh couple doing the kids books program. Smart idea as it was, they had investment, they had fucking Royal recognition, they didn't need investment they just wanted to be on the show to promote it.

That's why they offered 1% for £1 for all the dragons, it was an exercise in everyone patting themselves on the back and publicity. Wasn't a fan.

Very next episode you had the girl promoting some new age snake oil as healing medical issues including fertility, and some white dude incorporating and commercializing south American shaman culture as a coffee product, both applauded for it.

Doesn't help that Steven Bartlett is a grifter and fame monger either

Yep that Bartlett is certainly a grifter. His Huel Greens ad on Youtube annoys me as well.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: April 3, 2024, 11:18:18 pm »
Double firing tomorrow night then, as only 5 make the interviews every year.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: April 5, 2024, 11:08:45 am »
So the guy who got fired had a friend finding app as his business idea and the blonde one who survived has an idea for group fitness. Hardly business ideas that seem very attractive.

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #501 on: April 5, 2024, 03:18:31 pm »
I'd like to retract my statement about Phil above. What he must have though is a decent business plan to have gotten this far after so many losses.

I'm going with final 5 of;

Flo
Tre
Rachel
Steve
Paul

I'd like to retract my statement about Phil above.

Phil is boss.
JFT97

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: April 5, 2024, 03:27:06 pm »
Dragons Den is great still. I don't mind Bartlett but that guest Dragon they had Emma was quality.

Very odd couple they had yesterday with Lottie and her partner ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: April 5, 2024, 03:28:27 pm »
I'd like to retract my statement about Phil above.

Phil is boss.
Phil seemed semi competent with the leading of the task. Not at pitches though he was awful. That dentist is going to do well isn't he?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: April 5, 2024, 03:32:34 pm »
Phil seemed semi competent with the leading of the task. Not at pitches though he was awful. That dentist is going to do well isn't he?

Surely at this point its about the businesses they are pitching. There are stronger performers in tasks but if somebody is presenting a business that doesn't seem too fruitful/interesting then that forms the basis of whether they get through or not.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: April 5, 2024, 05:34:16 pm »
He really wants Phil in the final, changes the team to give him a numerical advantage as well. But Rachel's ideas were horrible and also she left far too much for the other girl in the team.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: April 6, 2024, 07:57:00 am »
Surely at this point its about the businesses they are pitching. There are stronger performers in tasks but if somebody is presenting a business that doesn't seem too fruitful/interesting then that forms the basis of whether they get through or not.
It's always about the business from the start isn't it? Why else had Phil stayed in so long? The others just make up the numbers. The guy got eliminated this week had a dreadful idea it sounded like.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: April 6, 2024, 11:20:14 am »
My favourite episode next week, when they finally have no place to hide and their business plans get absolutely blown apart.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: April 6, 2024, 11:32:59 am »
Dragons Den is great still. I don't mind Bartlett but that guest Dragon they had Emma was quality.

Very odd couple they had yesterday with Lottie and her partner ;D

The only thing that gets me about her is she preaches the self made business woman thing, when you look into her history and her mother was an investment banker who got her internships with Prada and introduced them to the Kardashians. So very self made.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: April 6, 2024, 12:17:54 pm »
My favourite episode next week, when they finally have no place to hide and their business plans get absolutely blown apart.
Always remember the one interviewer who went and bought one businesses related (that made sense) internet domain rather than the business that should have ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: April 6, 2024, 12:18:37 pm »
The only thing that gets me about her is she preaches the self made business woman thing, when you look into her history and her mother was an investment banker who got her internships with Prada and introduced them to the Kardashians. So very self made.
I did wonder on the Kardashian link and how that happened.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: April 6, 2024, 09:43:11 pm »
I did wonder on the Kardashian link and how that happened.

Best way to be a self made millionaire/billionaire - have generational wealth and connections

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: April 6, 2024, 10:20:47 pm »
It's always about the business from the start isn't it? Why else had Phil stayed in so long? The others just make up the numbers. The guy got eliminated this week had a dreadful idea it sounded like.

One of the girls who went early already had a business with a turnover of over £1m. She already had an established business.

Rachel’s idea is about group fitness classes. Doesnt seem much of a money spinner. Also maybe there is a point that shite ideas cost a candidate, but usually the poor performers lose out.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: April 11, 2024, 11:21:41 pm »
Phil making it to the final after only winning one task gives me confidence we’ll be able to turn it around next week too.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #514 on: April 12, 2024, 09:45:27 am »
I know we say this every year, but last night again really showcases the flaws in the whole concept.

Probably two of the standout candidates throughout the process sacked on the spot because their business plans were gibberish.

Wonder if they should do the assessment of the business plans up front and then go through the tasks? Although probably highly unlikely to get >10 business plans that would be viable.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: April 12, 2024, 11:22:30 am »
Baffling that Paul didn't consider going 50/ 50 on the dentist business with Sugar. Must be more to that than was broadcast, as you don't turn that sort of thing down.

I don't think he'll go with Rachel as he went for a Gym style business last year. So after losing virtually every task, congratulations Phil!

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: April 12, 2024, 11:25:21 am »
I'd assume the dental business he currently has isn't just his.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: April 12, 2024, 11:29:07 am »
I'd assume the dental business he currently has isn't just his.

I thought the same but looking on Companies House this morning and it's just his.

He has set up a new company for his 2nd dental practice this just this week though.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: April 12, 2024, 11:30:54 am »
In that case, it is strange he didn't agree to it. He was very clearly going to get hired.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: April 12, 2024, 11:36:28 am »
It all went a bit Dragons Den for a few minutes didn’t it.