Author Topic: League Cup  (Read 196514 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: League Cup
« Reply #2720 on: January 29, 2024, 11:24:51 am »
Already ahead of you

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #2721 on: January 29, 2024, 11:25:15 am »
Also, they've got it down as FA Cup game

Haha

Snap hahaha

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2722 on: January 29, 2024, 11:26:40 am »
Must have the interns in on work experience this week - even I'd say this ones a poor effort this morning

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2723 on: January 29, 2024, 11:29:02 am »
Honestly, a proof reader would never be short of work at this club

Offline alx

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2724 on: January 29, 2024, 11:30:48 am »
Queue to register interest... ffs

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2725 on: January 29, 2024, 11:49:34 am »
What a fucking shit system our TO employ, eh - jeez.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: January 29, 2024, 11:53:00 am »
No-one knows for certain until or if they release numbers

But best estimates are 1 in 1.8

At a very crude guess:

Lowest attendance - Leicester home - 49,732
Highest away team allocation - West Ham - 6,000
Highest away match allocation - Fulham away - 2701

49,732 - 6,000 - 2701 = 41,031  which is the maximum number of people that can be on 3 credits - the actual figure will be slightly higher as there will be some (not many) who had AUR ACS tickets cancelled for Leiester and weren't relocated and there will be a very small number with a Fulha, credit who don't have all homes, but it's negligble you'd think.

You can then deduct 1-2000 from that figure as both West Ham and Fulham went to all members, meaning  not everyone who went to Leicester then went to West Ham and Fulham, so very crudely the number is probably around 39,000.

From that figure you can then deduct seasonal hospitality, corporate etc and I reckon judging on previous years you end up with something liek 28-29,000 who will enter the ballot.

Allocation of tickets is 32,196 of which 74% went to the general supporter allocation in 2022, assume that has gone down now with the additioanl hospo in the new stand so at a guess say 71% = 23,181.12 for general supporters and deduct from that the 2701 Fulham allocation = 20,480.12.

20,480.12 / 29,000 ballot entries = 0.71 % chance.

I appreciate the above is very crude and I am guessing particularly about the corporate/hospitalty allocations, I would imagine someone will be able to add to that with more specific numbers but the main point is that it was 1 in 1.6 last time and due to the fact that we had a reduced capacity vs Leicester (and most with cancelled tickets will have been reallocated and therefore there aren't loads who didn't go that still go the credit,) and the fact our highest away allocation (Fulham) is about half of what it was in 2022 (Arsenal,) I reckon the odds will be marginally better, but willing (not happy) to be proven wrong on that by someone with more knowledge.

Offline Jordellsu

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2727 on: January 29, 2024, 11:53:45 am »
Think Horizon are running the ballot.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2728 on: January 29, 2024, 11:54:46 am »
Think Horizon are running the ballot.

Given our TO i'm surprised its not Fujitsu.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2729 on: January 29, 2024, 12:00:44 pm »
Given our TO i'm surprised its not Fujitsu.
:lmao

We don't get a ticket, but we owe them a second time for all the tickets we've bought under Jurgen Klopp.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2730 on: January 29, 2024, 02:00:32 pm »
All done. Was unsuccessful 2 years ago yet got 1 in the ballot for Paris. Will happily take the same should we get to Dublin.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2731 on: January 29, 2024, 02:39:18 pm »
All done. Was unsuccessful 2 years ago yet got 1 in the ballot for Paris. Will happily take the same should we get to Dublin.

Yeah same here. Missed out on both domestics but went to Paris.

Shame if you miss out on one though, they can’t stick you as a priority for the next one haha. Got the Man City semi final and it didn’t count for anything…albeit a great day

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #2732 on: January 29, 2024, 02:49:07 pm »
Yeah same here. Missed out on both domestics but went to Paris.

Shame if you miss out on one though, they can’t stick you as a priority for the next one haha. Got the Man City semi final and it didn’t count for anything…albeit a great day

That is right isn't it, was having this discussion yesterday at the match the SF at Wembley doesn't count toward the final? (rightly so like, cause it is just a ballot of luck).

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2733 on: January 29, 2024, 02:54:07 pm »
That is right isn't it, was having this discussion yesterday at the match the SF at Wembley doesn't count toward the final? (rightly so like, cause it is just a ballot of luck).
The reason it didn't count last year, was because of the train strike.

But yeah, if they did count it then it's a double-jeopardy, which would seem very unfair.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: January 29, 2024, 02:54:58 pm »

Yeah it’s fair enough.

Remember a train strike being on the same day of the SF and the club had to put a load of coaches on to get there. Was gutted when I didn’t get the final after that day

Need a bit of luck if only homes for the season count

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #2735 on: January 29, 2024, 03:04:29 pm »

But yeah, if they did count it then it's a double-jeopardy, which would seem very unfair.

Oh I thought it was the case for all the SF's at Wembley!

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2736 on: January 29, 2024, 03:20:03 pm »
At a very crude guess:

49,732 - 6,000 - 2701 = 41,031  which is the maximum number of people that can be on 3 credits - the actual figure will be slightly higher as there will be some (not many) who had AUR ACS tickets cancelled for Leiester and weren't relocated and there will be a very small number with a Fulha, credit who don't have all homes, but it's negligble you'd think.

You can then deduct 1-2000 from that figure as both West Ham and Fulham went to all members, meaning  not everyone who went to Leicester then went to West Ham and Fulham, so very crudely the number is probably around 39,000.

From that figure you can then deduct seasonal hospitality, corporate etc and I reckon judging on previous years you end up with something liek 28-29,000 who will enter the ballot.

Allocation of tickets is 32,196 of which 74% went to the general supporter allocation in 2022, assume that has gone down now with the additioanl hospo in the new stand so at a guess say 71% = 23,181.12 for general supporters and deduct from that the 2701 Fulham allocation = 20,480.12.

I appreciate the above is very crude and I am guessing particularly about the corporate/hospitalty allocations, I would imagine someone will be able to add to that with more specific numbers but the main point is that it was 1 in 1.6 last time and due to the fact that we had a reduced capacity vs Leicester (and most with cancelled tickets will have been reallocated and therefore there aren't loads who didn't go that still go the credit,) and the fact our highest away allocation (Fulham) is about half of what it was in 2022 (Arsenal,) I reckon the odds will be marginally better, but willing (not happy) to be proven wrong on that by someone with more knowledge.

Some things to note which haven't been considered into your calculations properly

• Leicester cancelled ACS & STH seats in ARU got given a credit anyway regardless of attendance, realistically you have to use West Ham
  • Your 'new' hospo' figure allows for approx 750 new seasonal hospo holders, not the 1,800 ish that actually exist
  • The club has signed new partnerships with sponsors etc since 2022, which no doubt includes tickets
  • 2022 was a creditless season where people didn't bother buying some games if they weren't going to go etc

So in summary
  • Lower allocation from EFL
  • More taken off for corporate hospo
  • Less taken from away ladder fans
  • More entrants due to away ladder fans
  • More entrants due to expansion with ticket holders in ARU given a credit anyway..

My personal guess is 1 in 1.8, might be 1 in 1.7
Will certainly be worse odds than 2022

I wish I could be one of those people who view it as 50/50 - you get one or you don't
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 03:22:34 pm by 30fiver »

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2737 on: January 29, 2024, 03:45:29 pm »
Some things to note which haven't been considered into your calculations properly

• Leicester cancelled ACS & STH seats in ARU got given a credit anyway regardless of attendance, realistically you have to use West Ham
  • Your 'new' hospo' figure allows for approx 750 new seasonal hospo holders, not the 1,800 ish that actually exist
  • The club has signed new partnerships with sponsors etc since 2022, which no doubt includes tickets
  • 2022 was a creditless season where people didn't bother buying some games if they weren't going to go etc

So in summary
  • Lower allocation from EFL
  • More taken off for corporate hospo
  • Less taken from away ladder fans
  • More entrants due to away ladder fans
  • More entrants due to expansion with ticket holders in ARU given a credit anyway..

My personal guess is 1 in 1.8, might be 1 in 1.7
Will certainly be worse odds than 2022

I wish I could be one of those people who view it as 50/50 - you get one or you don't

On the Leicester match point - you only got a credit without having got a ticket if you had an ACS ticket in the UAR which was cancelled and they couldn’t reallocate - you then would have had the opportunity to purchase in the all members sale if you wanted to (which was easy to get a ticket).

There will obviously be some that have had their ticket cancelled and got the credit but I would imagine that the vast majority of people who had cancelled tickets will have ended up with a ticket in their name on way or another.

On the corporate point it was just a total guess so I’m sure you’re right. ;D

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: January 29, 2024, 03:47:08 pm »
On the Leicester match point - you only got a credit without having got a ticket if you had an ACS ticket in the UAR which was cancelled and they couldn’t reallocate - you then would have had the opportunity to purchase in the all members sale if you wanted to (which was easy to get a ticket).

There will obviously be some that have had their ticket cancelled and got the credit but I would imagine that the vast majority of people who had cancelled tickets will have ended up with a ticket in their name on way or another.

On the corporate point it was just a total guess so I’m sure you’re right. ;D

I know an awful lot who just took the free hit on the free credit and didn't buy, guess west ham is conservative

Also will have a handful who bought hospo for leicester then got standards for the next games

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: January 29, 2024, 03:51:25 pm »

They counted in 2012, the last time we were in the FA Cup final.

They should count for me, you've attended to the game.

Didn't think about the train strike issue though, I reckon they'll keep it though.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2740 on: January 29, 2024, 03:55:33 pm »
They counted in 2012, the last time we were in the FA Cup final.

They should count for me, you've attended to the game.

Didn't think about the train strike issue though, I reckon they'll keep it though.

It was worse then for us members as STHs got first dibs and were all guarenteed

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #2741 on: January 29, 2024, 05:33:41 pm »
At a very crude guess:

I actually know 3 people who have Fulham away but don’t have 3 homes.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: January 29, 2024, 05:41:09 pm »

Yeah there’ll obviously be some but not enough to make a tangible difference to the odds.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2743 on: January 29, 2024, 05:44:50 pm »

Yeah theres one of our lads with Fulham and Bournemouth away but didnt bother with any of the home games so he aint even in the ballot haha

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: January 29, 2024, 06:22:32 pm »
Does anyone good at maths know if applying in a pair of a single makes any difference to your odds of a ticket?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2745 on: January 29, 2024, 06:25:45 pm »
Does anyone good at maths know if applying in a pair of a single makes any difference to your odds of a ticket?

For you personally, it really doesn’t make a difference. For your group however, if you don’t mind going on your own then getting 2 out of 4 for example, is better than no tickets at all if you were unsuccessful as a group.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2746 on: January 29, 2024, 06:25:59 pm »
If only applying for 2 tickets then without a doubt, doing 2 x ballot entries will give you a better chance of ending up with a ticket rather that doing 1 x ballot entry for both tickets.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2747 on: January 29, 2024, 06:26:24 pm »

Define odds of a ticket

Statistically, you have a higher chance of coming away with at least 1 ticket if you apply as two singles than as a pair. Entering as a pair you have better odds of coming away with 2 tickets than entering as two singles

its based on transaction number, so entering as groups is all or nothing... if you really really want 1 ticket and have 2 entries, enter as singles, more chance of 1 of them being drawn out

The big differences are when you start this conversation about groups of 3-8

For example, 13 single entries for the CL final in 2019 gave a 97% chance of getting a single ticket in a ballot that was 1 in 4.something
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 06:28:48 pm by 30fiver »

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: January 29, 2024, 06:31:05 pm »

Assuming odds of 1 in 1.8

Apply in a pair:
55% chance getting 2
45% chance getting 0

Apply as 2 singles:
31% chance of getting 2
49% chance of getting either one
20% chance of getting 0

If you only want to go if your mate/family does, then do the first one. If you have 2 entries available to you and you want one for yourself, do the 2nd option.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: January 29, 2024, 06:32:42 pm »
Thanks!

This is the kind of maths which fries my head!

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2750 on: January 29, 2024, 06:36:14 pm »
Moved to 3pm.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2752 on: January 29, 2024, 06:39:04 pm »
Moved to 3pm.
c*nts, zero fucks given to the match going supporter as per usual. Refunds for those that have already booked trains? No fucking chance.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2753 on: January 29, 2024, 06:39:58 pm »
c*nts, zero fucks given to the match going supporter as per usual. Refunds for those that have already booked trains? No fucking chance.

Hate the TV lot, whys it taking so long to decide when to play the Luton game, redic

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: January 29, 2024, 06:46:31 pm »

Even Sky Sports will be pissed off as it overlaps with the league game they’re showing now.

Met just want an earlier dart. I’m sure the 90 minute time different will make all the difference in terms of the violence that is apparently going to happen

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2755 on: January 29, 2024, 09:15:46 pm »
Assuming odds of 1 in 1.8

Apply in a pair:
55% chance getting 2
45% chance getting 0

Apply as 2 singles:
31% chance of getting 2
49% chance of getting either one
20% chance of getting 0

If you only want to go if your mate/family does, then do the first one. If you have 2 entries available to you and you want one for yourself, do the 2nd option.

Do these odds change as a 3? Applied as a 3, same as the last LC final. Got lucky the last time.

I’m going by a 1 in 1.8 chance that I’m reading online. So 55%. My destiny is in the hands of the gods
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #2756 on: January 29, 2024, 09:42:39 pm »
Do these odds change as a 3? Applied as a 3, same as the last LC final. Got lucky the last time.

I’m going by a 1 in 1.8 chance that I’m reading online. So 55%. My destiny is in the hands of the gods

Using 55% chance:

Apply as 3:

3: 55%
0: 45%

Apply as 3 singles:

3: 17%
2: 41%
1: 33%
0: 9%

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2757 on: January 29, 2024, 09:46:03 pm »
Using 55% chance:

Apply as 3:

Apply as 3 singles:

Thanks mate, we’re all gonna travel together so it’s all or nothing. The last final was best match experience I’ve ever had. Praying for this one to come through.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2758 on: January 30, 2024, 09:26:57 am »
Using 55% chance:

Apply as 3:

Apply as 3 singles:

Surely there’s more chance of getting at least one if there’s 3 single entries? That’s how we’ve always done ours and we’ve always got at least one.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2759 on: January 30, 2024, 09:28:56 am »
Surely there’s more chance of getting at least one if there’s 3 single entries? That’s how we’ve always done ours and we’ve always got at least one.

Yeah there is.

Any one of outcomes 1-3 would result in getting at least one ticket, so you can add the percentages together to give you a total chance of 91% vs 55% which would be the chance if you applied as one group of three.