Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 112328 times)

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1000 on: January 9, 2011, 05:50:12 pm »
Bullshit. They didn't have a shot on goal until the last ten minutes, besides the "peno".We had far more attacking intent before SG got sent off. We're a team 4 points from relegation and clearly lacking in confidence, they're top of the table undefeated. We had 10 men for over an hour. Was a great display to restore confidence.

What exactly were you expecting? A 4-0 mauling at OT??
Spot on.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline chinesereds

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1001 on: January 9, 2011, 05:50:25 pm »
People saying we created nothing, what the hell did they create?

Berbatov created a penalty with his twat teammate Webb

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1002 on: January 9, 2011, 05:50:42 pm »
Was NOT a penalty... Fuckin robbed.
As for the game...Another poor performance...
I really hope Kenny sells half of the first team and inject some new blood. I have gone on for ages why I think the problem isnt the Managers, but is the players... I just dont think we are good enough.

To an extent I agree with you.

Firstly my disagreements: Felt it wasn't as poor as you suggest, when you think we had 10 men for about an hour. Performance was better then any under Roy in the last 6 months or so, but still not amazing or to the standard many want from a Liverpool team.

That said I agree with the fact that there is too many average players in our team. Look at our 11 today and realistacally theres 3 players there that would get into any other top 4 team. Reina, Gerrard and an on form Torres. I like alot of our players such as Maxi, Lucas, Kuyt and Merieles. Bottom line at the moment is they are not good enough for a team who wants to compete top four.

Now I'm not saying get rid asap. I think 2 of the 4 players mentioned have vastly improved in their time with us but are they really still good enough? The end of the day the squad needs a major investment. If you have £10million to get 2-3 players you end up buying players who are actually worth £3million? (which is what we've had to deal with over the past few transfer windows) Whereas £10million for one player your getting a higher valued and in theory a better quality of player. We need investment, but if Kenny is only here for 6months will he be given big £'s to spend?

That said, the players we've got, we've got. Roy didn't get the best out of them for me which is what ultimately cost him the job. He used players wrong and even in wrong positions, something which I feel Kenny will not do.

After todays performance I'm confident Kenny will sneak us up the table to the Europa places, which is what we need on the pitch. Then hopefully NESV will put their money where their mouth is and start to invest.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline redblack7

• Main Stander
« Reply #1003 on: January 9, 2011, 05:50:54 pm »
rioferdy5 Rio Ferdinand
By the way I never told howard webb to send gerard off I just said I thought it was a 2footed tackle... #justsaying

TWAT

Two footed = red card. Knew exactly what he was doing

Course he did.He's a complete cnut.Webb should have given him a yellow card for trying to get Gerrard sent off.Why is it that the scum are allowed to blow fuses ,bitch and moan to the ref for 90 mins and nothing is ever done or said?Oh,right.It's them.Fucking sickening.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: January 9, 2011, 05:50:56 pm »
Totally agree Agger made it easy for Webb, by challenging Berbatov it gave him the opportunity to dive, i wonder if we shall see a Walcott style apology, i think not

First 30s, to go to ground like that then HW should have consulted his linesman rather than going gung ho.

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #1005 on: January 9, 2011, 05:52:04 pm »
The second half, we HAD to go forward, and some of the players did, but the quality how they did it was poor.  improve he team.

10 men? Away against Man Utd and you think it was poor?

Fuck me.

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #1006 on: January 9, 2011, 05:52:04 pm »
set up like this and play like we did today for the rest of the season and we will be fine :)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1007 on: January 9, 2011, 05:52:18 pm »
I agree it was never a pen... And I question the sending off. The second half, we HAD to go forward, and some of the players did, but the quality how they did it was poor. The effort was there I think, which is the 'Kenny' effect. We had a couple of chances, but the Mancs had many more.
Yes I suppose it was a small improvement, especially on the effort, but I just dont think the quality was there. Harsh as it sounds, I do not think our best 11 are that good. And that is my opinion. We will vastly improve whn the owners provide funds to the Manager to improve he team.

Whilst I can appreciate your views there mate I think a lot of our players are suffering from confidence issues, and you cant blame them, but that today will help them enormously.

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Wot_Shanks_would_Say

• Main Stander
« Reply #1008 on: January 9, 2011, 05:52:24 pm »
People saying we created nothing, what the hell did they create?

that's hardly the point is it jeff, we cant go around being happy with being as crap as the other team.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1009 on: January 9, 2011, 05:52:39 pm »
Totally agree Agger made it easy for Webb, by challenging Berbatov it gave him the opportunity to dive, i wonder if we shall see a Walcott style apology, i think not

Aplology....

Think we will be waiting a long time for that one.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1010 on: January 9, 2011, 05:53:01 pm »
Give what a rest?! I am saying we were the same today as we have been all Season... You think we suddenly played well today?! The whole game was quite poor. The Mancs play was bad and so was ours... It was a poor game.

Bizarre to say the least. The same as all season? So we were standing in two static lines of four in a 4-4-2 and hooting balls over the midfield? We weren't pressing them at all?...

Like I say... Bizarre
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1011 on: January 9, 2011, 05:53:05 pm »
that's hardly the point is it jeff, we cant go around being happy with being as crap as the other team.

Can you count to eleven?
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 05:56:09 pm by bleedsred1978 »
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: January 9, 2011, 05:53:34 pm »
First half we played some good football. The tactics put into place before the game was wiped out by Howard Webb. Every single season he referee's us under difficult circumstances. He has a reputation that he is biased against Liverpool. However short sighted that is, it should not conclude the FA's position. They understand the situation and he is constantly picked to referee us in high intensity matches, despite moans from our side. Anyways even though we lost today I don't want to discuss Howard Webb.

First half we controlled the game, then the first corner from Gerrard missing they hit the post. I witnessed a mix of zonal and man marking. Before the sending half we dealt with their corners.

Second half concluded with basic tactics when with an extra man and leading. United maintained possession by using the wings. Meaning they could stretch our defences.

Overall was pleasing to see some of the football. Look forward to a tough match vs Blackpool. With this mentality of taking the game to the opponents we will gain more points.

Welcome back Kenny. You made us proud.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1013 on: January 9, 2011, 05:53:34 pm »
Any video of the press conference going please ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1014 on: January 9, 2011, 05:53:47 pm »
I just reckon Johnson still has yet to deliver in any meaningful way. We've havn't got the time for him to maybe live up to his potential. I think he's technically excellent but his positional sense, concentration, and for a big lad, his heading ability are medicore at best.

Anytime I see Kelly in that position he looks composed in defence and looks comfortable bursting down the line. With some games under his belt his composure will develop. Also, I've seen him put in a few excellent crosses in the past.

I do like Johnson I'm just running out of patience with him a bit lately and see no reason for Kelly not to retain his place.

Plus I don't think we have to worry to  much about teams coming to Anfield to park the bus at the moment. Every team we play is trying to beat us, home or away. So I'll take defensive sturdiness over potential attacking threat for the time being.
I see what you're saying, but I very strongly feel this is a product of Hodgson's tactic. If we play like we did today a team trying what, EG, Blackpool did against us would get absolutely ripped to shreds. Next season on I fully expect, with the addition of some good, young, technical players, that our problems will go back to what they have been for most of the last 6 seasons. If that's the case then Kelly's limitations going forward will be a far more consistently limiting factor than his failings in defence - failings which are only really exposed in games where teams are on top of us, which really should be very, very few games. Again, I refer back to Arbeloa - if we'd had GJ that season instead I think we would have made up those extra 4 points - and again, thinking back to the start of last season against teams like Stoke, Hull and Bolton and the difference he made to our attacking play was crystal clear.

Great post in response though, I enjoyed reading that. :)
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline redblack7

• Main Stander
« Reply #1015 on: January 9, 2011, 05:53:55 pm »
Looks like they're doing great business on rose-tinted-specs.com. This performances was at best on a par with the first game of the season vs arsenal. We have been much better e.g vs chelsea and spurs. Come on, kenny or no kenny we were still crap today. Still creating virtually nothing. It goes without saying that webb cost us and gerrard was a silly sausage but we were still crap.

Garbage in garbage out then.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: January 9, 2011, 05:54:29 pm »
Bizarre to say the least. The same as all season? So we were standing in two static lines of four in a 4-4-2 and hooting balls over the midfield? We weren't pressing them at all?...

Like I say... Bizarre

What makes it even more the more bizarre, is the fact that KK had only worked with the team for what a few hours? The preparation was done by Sammy Lee and probably Roy, no fucking wonder we wasn't at our full-flowing best. Encouraging though.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: January 9, 2011, 05:54:33 pm »
We pressed them up the pitch, we defended well, we gave as good as we got from open play.  Totally different team out there, and has Kenny even had a training session yet? Promising start in my book.

They were lucky, and once again got all the decisions from the referee to let them win despite playing mediocre football.

I've said before, I'll say again, once Bacon face retires they're gonna be in deep shit..his influence on british football is unhealthy, bordering on corruption.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: January 9, 2011, 05:55:37 pm »
First 30s, to go to ground like that then HW should have consulted his linesman rather than going gung ho.
Thats Webb all over though makes rash decisions, the lino could have flagged to disagree with Webb though
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: January 9, 2011, 05:55:57 pm »
All this hand-wringing over the Munich shouter. Are you all as fucking outraged about the shit they sing about us EVERY FUCKING GAME THEY PLAY?

If not, shut up.
You can't define your own morality by what other people do - someone else being an absolute human turd doesn't make it ok for me to be one too.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: January 9, 2011, 05:55:57 pm »
just got back from the match, hate those fucking mancs with a passion, considering they beat us there fans where shit! seemed like liverpool where the home team!

good performance though from the lads!

Offline Shark Sandwich

• Shit Sandwich
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1021 on: January 9, 2011, 05:56:59 pm »
It wasn't a mistake. It was obvious he would fuck us over at the first opportunity, and he did.

I was trying to be as diplomatic as possible but yeah, you're right. All our paranoia and fears about Webb covering this game were realised...... Within 30 seconds. Disgraceful.

I didn't expect miracles today but I was immensely proud of the lads. It feels a whole lot better losing when you know the man at the helm is the King.
"What's wrong with being sexy?"

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1022 on: January 9, 2011, 05:57:13 pm »
Nice to see some spirit return. Ok we didnt threaten a great deal but at no stage did it look like we were playing with 10 men.

Proud of the lads.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1023 on: January 9, 2011, 05:57:14 pm »
Kelly did really fucking well today, again, really looks like a player to me.
Why not have him there and get Johnson on the wing ?

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #1024 on: January 9, 2011, 05:57:51 pm »

I really hope Fabio gets rid of half of the  team and injects some new blood. I have gone on for ages why I think the problem isn't the Managers, but is the players... I just dont think England  are good enough.

Oh Wrong thread, sorry

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: January 9, 2011, 05:58:22 pm »
I must have been watching a different game first half when their CB's had fucking yards of space by the halfway line when in possession.
I just said we didn't press their CBs, but we did press their CMs and on, which we didn't do under Hodgson. We one a lot of ball through pressing today, something, again, we didn't do under Hodgson, and a difference you could clearly see in terms of how often they were able to get the ball into our box in this game compared with the one earlier in the season.

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #1026 on: January 9, 2011, 05:58:30 pm »
We pressed them up the pitch, we defended well, we gave as good as we got from open play.  Totally different team out there, and has Kenny even had a training session yet? Promising start in my book.

They were lucky, and once again got all the decisions from the referee to let them win despite playing mediocre football.

I've said before, I'll say again, once Bacon face retires they're gonna be in deep shit..his influence on british football is unhealthy, bordering on corruption.
Well summed up. Spot on.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1027 on: January 9, 2011, 05:59:12 pm »
Kelly did really fucking well today, again, really looks like a player to me.
Why not have him there and get Johnson on the wing ?
I'd love to see Johnson on the wing and Kelly right back. Look how good Bale and Coleman are playing after being given the freedom of being a winger.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #1028 on: January 9, 2011, 05:59:40 pm »
I thought that Kelly was our best player today. He looks the part.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1029 on: January 9, 2011, 06:00:15 pm »
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #1030 on: January 9, 2011, 06:00:57 pm »
I'd love to see Johnson on the wing and Kelly right back. Look how good Bale and Coleman are playing after being given the freedom of being a winger.
Hopefully we will take the initiative now Kennys in, it must seem an obvious thing to do when it has pulled of so well for the likes of Bale.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #1031 on: January 9, 2011, 06:02:30 pm »
that wasnt penalty...fucking Webb! i fucking hate that manc arse licker

HOW THAT WAS A PENALTY?
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline AshTJ

• Kopite
    • www.twitter.com/ashtjay
« Reply #1032 on: January 9, 2011, 06:02:36 pm »
Clearly our best display of the season, even better for the fact it was 10 vs 12 for the majority of the game. Good to see players bursting a gut to get in the box and support Nando. When you consider the team we had during the last 10 minutes of the game ..

Reina
Kelly Skrtel Agger Aurellio
Kuyt Lucas Shelvey Babel
            Ngog

.. it was good to see we were competitive and even taking the game to them for periods.
Twitter - @ashtjay
Youtube - www.youtube.com/user/ashtjproductions

Offline Jimbolinos

• Main Stander
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #1033 on: January 9, 2011, 06:02:40 pm »
I'd expected an improved performance, a new manager always tends to bring on, especially if they're someone like Kenny but there were a few things that went beyond that.

The formation and tactics, belief even, instilled in the players was telling. Back to a modern, progressive formation [from an 'out of touch' manager] with players playing where they should. At times it was disjointed and a bit panicked, but for the most part, players took the ball and looked for the right pass, not just any pass. It'll take time, but that was a huge plus for me. We just 'looked' better, we looked how a team with our players should.

What I really liked, were the substitutions. Bringing on Shelvey was top-class for the message it sends out to other players. I'd rather have seen babel on for Kuyt as we could've done with Maxi's guile but Kuyt helped Kelly [who was exceptional] out.

It took until the Spurs game to see anything like progress under Roy, it took about 25 minutes today.
Website | Twitter | PSN - Jimbolinos

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #1034 on: January 9, 2011, 06:03:43 pm »

I'd like that too. Just give Glen some room, with some back up. It would be worth a try at least.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1035 on: January 9, 2011, 06:03:47 pm »
We were bossing it until the red card.

The penalty was obviously a total pisstake.

The team looked hungrier, stronger and more passionate in general.

And I was made up to see Agger, Kelly and Aurelio come in.

Well done Kenny...promising start and cheated out of the game.

Welcome back to the King!
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: January 9, 2011, 06:05:55 pm »

By all means attack Webb, by all means moan about the blatant bias and inconsistency, but don't try and tell me that Gerrard's challenge didn't deserve a red, or wasn't a red card challenge, because it really was, all day long and twice on Sundays.

Well I disagree.  As you said you didn't see Rafael's challenge.  Yep there's inconsistency, but I genuinely don't think Gerrard's challenge warranted a red.  A yellow, not a red.  If it was straight on to the player such as was the case with Rafael then yes, it would've warranted a straight red.  But it wasn't.

Anyway, over and done with now.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: January 9, 2011, 06:07:19 pm »
I agree to an extent with that, but it isn't just Fungus, I think a more important factor is money and Sky. Put simply, Man Utd have the most fans, they make the most money for Sky, Sky exists, indeed is legally bound, to make as much money as possible. Ergo, Man Utd success = more cash for Sky, it's as simple as that. What I personally find pathetic is that rivals like the BBC or the Mirror groups (or indeed the Guardian, but I think their own Manchester roots are still showing) don't fund a proper investigation into the positive bias that club enjoys.

I remember a while back a Utd fan on here agreeing completely that his team got away with 4 blatant red card challenges in one game. What other club would get away with that? Paul Scholes is a huge piece of evidence in himself. Just how many reds SHOULD he have had over the years, if his challenges were treated the same as most other players, even other kid-gloves England stars who also get cushty treatment (our own captain most definitely included)? How many suspensions would that have added up to? How many more points dropped if Scholes is missing those games?

The facts would be there to study, I'm pretty sure of it. They did it with Injury time and it turned out that, surprise surprise, Utd do indeed get more of it when they need it than any other club in the league, I wonder how it would turn out if they did it for unpunished challenges and dubious penalties etc?

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: January 9, 2011, 06:08:13 pm »
Well I disagree.  As you said you didn't see Rafael's challenge.  Yep there's inconsistency, but I genuinely don't think Gerrard's challenge warranted a red.  A yellow, not a red.  If it was straight on to the player such as was the case with Rafael then yes, it would've warranted a straight red.  But it wasn't.

Anyway, over and done with now.
The two challenges were totally different Gerrards was a red under the current rules, Rafaels challenge at worse a yellow
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Djimi_Case

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1039 on: January 9, 2011, 06:08:46 pm »
Disappointing as the result was this afternoon the performance gave plenty of grounds for optimism beyond the sheer pleasure of seeing Kenny back in the dugout. There were signs that without the shackles imposed under the previous regime that we might soon get back to playing a high-tempo, pressing and passing game.  Seeing our better ball players (Agger and Aurelio) picked in the starting XI allied to the fact that Kenny was willing to give responsibility to some of the younger squad members in such a massive game bodes well.  Onwards and upwards!

On the 'Munich' issue - the lad caught on camera doesn't do himself or the rest of us any credit by his behaviour - whatever the provocation.  I hope he learns his lesson.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 07:45:01 pm by Djimi_Case »
We are Liverpool... tralalalala...