Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 112457 times)

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #360 on: January 9, 2011, 03:51:59 pm »
The lads were unlcuky today and we got fucked over by Howard "the manc" Webb.

A lot of positives to take from the games though. I thought that Babel looked really up for it when he came on. Although Torres was worrying.

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #361 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52:09 pm »
Miles better football keeping it on the deck for the most part , alot more fight . Kelly was stand out , alot more work to be done but going in the right direction . Webb what can you say ?  joke of a Ref .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52:10 pm »
Plenty of positives to take from that.

Disappointed to lose in that manner though.

Kelly our MOTM, well in lad.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52:15 pm »
A performance with passion (Torres excepted) and a little quality which is all we really asked for.  Onwards and upwards.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #364 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52:29 pm »
Is that a three game prem ban? If so, is it worth appealing?
I don't think it was a red, but its not really worth appealing.
and yes three match ban.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #365 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52:31 pm »
Played like Liverpool for a change. Good performance. Bad luck on the penalty and a stupid tackle by Gerrard, and you lose 1-0. Oh well. More fun watching us than it has been for months.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline bunjibloomer

• Anny Roader
  • Carry on down to Jiggytown
« Reply #366 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52:38 pm »
Excellent show by the travelling support. Makes me proud to be a red.

Hate loosing to the mancs however we were robbed in my eyes.

Well done Redmen. Put in a good shift.
My Family and The Redmen are my loves.
Max and Lucas, stay happy and be kind, and the World will be your oyster.
YNWA
JFT96
NEVER BUY THE s*n
Where were you in Madrid? ******
Twitter - @bunjibloomer

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52:45 pm »
God I feel like crying listening to Kenny. What a man. He's fucking brilliant.

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #368 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52:52 pm »
Howard Webb is a fucking disgrace and the gerrard sending off, well these tackles will happen in such huge games and if he was sent off for going in two footed then how did rafael get away with it just before hand? Anyway the lads played really well and hope we can just carry it on and pick up points in the league

« Reply #369 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52:53 pm »
Thanks for your considered views.  If you think Torres was miles better today, you must be high on drugs
Torres is not our only player and he got subbed because he wasn't playing well

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #370 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52:58 pm »
BTW, does anybody know why Man U had the Soviet anthem playing after the game? Or was that just some bollocks from the ITV web stream I was watching?

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:00 pm »
Thanks for your considered views.  If you think Torres was miles better today, you must be high on drugs

he is not the whole team.

as a team we were miles better.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #372 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:02 pm »
For what its worth, even though it was a disgraceful day decision wise by Webb, we were impressive. We pushed well and Martin Kelly was outstanding. Once Glen is back in the team id love to see Agger and Kelly at CB.Just to have two ball playing defenders. Ryan Babel and Jonjo Shelvey were equally impressive when they came on, and Ngog was good. Raul and Nando were very dissapointed but at least a bit of pride has been restored.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:02 pm »
Im grateful that the players played there socks off.

Reina - Boss giving commands out unlike kuyt who was CPT.

Kelly - MOTM just boss
Agger - Quality, gets forward plays himself out of the postion instead of hoofing.
Skrtel - Looked so much improved from his shaky performances, played solid with Agger
Fabio - Shaky at times but worked well and gave fight

Kuyt - Lack lustre, shouldn't of been given the CPT armband.
Raul - Weak, poor passes, stupid shots.
Maxi - See raul
Gerrard - Sent off for what i feel was a joke as many other reds

Torres - Showed fight was getting angry and needs another STRIKER to play with (Not Ngog/Gerrard a true striker).

Shelvey - Bags of confidence can work the midfield well for even an 18 year old.
Babel - was great pushing everywhere showing fight and determination.
Ngog - no effort at all, no impact.

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #374 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »
What a shite game of football. On to Blackpool and hopefully a semblance of dignity restoration.

Don't be a nob

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #375 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:14 pm »
Another point about this - anyone get the impression that the ITV director/TV editor knew what they were doing when they decided to do a close up on that lad?

They certainly didn't do a close up of the fans when they were outsinging the mancs with YNWA at the end.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Mascara Snake

• Boys Pen
« Reply #376 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:17 pm »

And of course Man U always seem to benefit from performances from officials, like today, far more than any other team

Bang on.

Year-on-year it's the same story with officiating at United matches. God knows where the Mancs would have finished in the league over the years if it wasn't for the help they get from referees.

Fucking sick to death of this bullshit. Corrupt c*nts.

But anyway, I'm proud of the lads today. The back four were immense, especially Kelly.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #377 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:22 pm »
I am disappointed with the result, but for the first time in a long long period of time, I'm very happy with the performance. Finally, we looked like Liverpool again. And there were tons of positives to be taken from the King's first game in charge.

+The 4-5-1 (or whatever you want to call it) just works so much better than the 4-4-2. Especially, with the players we have. It give Steven Gerrard the chance to do his thing upfront, but it also gives us the option of shuffling things around a bit. Kuyt and Maxi swapping (would work in 4-4-2 as well), but also Raul, Lucas and Gerrard mixing it up with Raul going behind the striker and Gerrard dropping deeper. It just gives us another dimension and a bit of unpredictability.

+Our young players like Shelvey or Kelly are really doing a good job. No need for Shelvey to be taking that long freekick, but it's nice to see that he has the confidence to be trying stuff like that. I thought it was a bad idea as we really needed to keep possession and it was something we didn't do in the last 20 minutes. However, judging from some of our attacks, I'm not sure something would have come off that freekick had it been taken in a more conventional way.

Kelly got done by Giggs (?) in the second half and looked really naive, but all in all it was another very good performance from a very young player. He also has the benefit of being a local lad, which (and I don't like saying it) will give him a lot more leeway with some of the supporters than the likes of Insua or Lucas ever had.

+Kenny made the right subs in my view. It was worth a try giving Babel a chance to change the game with Maxi not doing much in the second half. Unfortunately, Babel (except for the shot right after coming on) did very little. I'm still not sure about him and his future at Liverpool. Raul didn't look fully fit and Shelvey certainly justified the substitution. He did well. Taking off Torres for N'Gog was also a good decision even though David had little impact on our attacking game. However, Nando didn't do very much during the time he spent on the pitch. I really hope that he'll be back to being his old self once we start playing football again. Today was a good start in that respect and I'm sure Kenny will look to build on that.

+We played football again and really tried to win the game not giving the Mancs a lot of chances to dominate. Almost everything in the game went against us right from the start, but the players still kept on going. We dominated for large periods and I think we would have deserved a draw. The Mancs had a couple of good chances (mainly after that corner or whatever that was, when Reina made those 4 or 5 saves in a row), but all in all they didn't really look that threatening considering they were 1-0 up and we were a player down.

One thing that really pisses me off is Howard Webb. You can argue all day about whether Agger touched Berbatov or whether Gerrard was trying to play the ball. It doesn't matter. What matters to me is that I'm 120 percent sure that if you switched the players this game would have ended 0-0 with 11v11 on the pitch. No way, would Webb have given that peno after 30 seconds if Nando had gone down like that. No way, would Webb have sent off someone like Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes for a challenge like that. I'm not sure if he's just incompetent, a bottler or if he actually dislikes us, but thinking of how many times he has fucked us over I'm not sure I can rule out the latter. How he keeps on getting those high-profile games is baffling and the FA really need to think about who they're making their top-ref. Because Webb has fucked up too many times (not only when we've been involved), to be considered a top-ref.

All in all, I'm happy with today's display, even though we have to improve in terms of going forward. We did well at times, but in the last 20 minutes we just didn't get going. We didn't keep the ball and when we managed to go forward we were a bit toothless. However, I'm also quite sure that this will improve in the next couple of weeks.

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #378 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:24 pm »
pity we couldn't grab a draw there, but it was a better performance especially pleased with Kelly, taking Torres off shows that Kenny is the boss and big names mean nothing if it isn't working for the team. HOWARD WEBB!!! he lets a dutch thug kung fu kick Alonso in a world cup final and get away with it but sends Gerard off for a 50/50 tackle though I'm not arguing with the decision today its the inconsistency of the baldy bastard, why have an assistant if your not going to ask his opinion on a Hugh match deciding decision. Still the side looked like they believed in themselves roll on Wednesday and Blackpool
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:40 pm »
Anyway our problem isnt pride and passion against the mancs its the horrible performances against side like Blackpool, Im really hoping we can win that game.
Also 4th place isnt going to happen so dont even mention it, the best we can hope for is to win the Europa League and it should now be our priority.

That's right. Where we need help the most is in those kinds of fixtures. We have many upcoming and if there is turnaround there we should be proud.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #380 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:42 pm »
I LOVE KENNY!!!!

GET IN THERE MAN!!!

PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline gazza1976

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #381 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:43 pm »
looked like a team today yes we were screwed by webb he's a twat but positives on the team looking like a team today. kenny legend and hero love um
JFT96 Y.N.W.A

Pheeny

« Reply #382 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:45 pm »
I think it is his lack of effort and sulking that is the problem.
but up until Gerrard got sent off Torres did show the effort,was chasing after the ball and closing down the Mancs.

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:46 pm »
cant understand teh criticism of Torres wasn't his best game but worked hard and that is all i ask for when its not going for you dont forget when we were getting on top Webb decided to reduce us to 10 effectively meaning we could get the with any support to Fernando so cut the sniping out and get behind the lad when he is back you will be praising him again

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:50 pm »
Another honourable mention goes to the Travelling Kop, well in lads.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #385 on: January 9, 2011, 03:53:51 pm »
Kelly was fantastic today. Agger was brilliant.

To be honest I think the whole backline played well, and we showed great commitment today. Very Proud.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: January 9, 2011, 03:54:05 pm »
Oh yes, and Kelly did a fantastic job nullifying Sir Ryan of Giggs!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline killerH

• eels? A beautiful freak.
  • Kopite
« Reply #387 on: January 9, 2011, 03:54:17 pm »
much improved performance.

game as a contest ruined by bent ref, cheating twat and idiotic gerrard.

but definitely a performance to build on. liked the substitutions as well - early, decisive and not afraid to play younger players or withdraw the big names.

Agreed.

A very good, gutsy performance by every player. Our supporters were absolutely first class. YNWA could be heard clearly, even through the boos by the Mancs.

harsh but fair red card imo.

Dive by Berbatov won them the game. Martin Kelly was excellent though.

All in all, the FA cup is the last of our worries this season, what we need is a good push to get to 6th in the league, and possibly the Europa League final.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 03:58:14 pm by killerH »

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: January 9, 2011, 03:54:18 pm »
Set aside the result and the poor referring decisons.

We set up well.
For the first time since Rafa left (excluding 60 minutes vs. Spurs)that our players went out and put pressure on the ball.
Higher intensity. Great fight shown. Heart in the performance. Pride in the performance.

Gerrard was initially in behind Torres.
Very interesting to see the interchange between Raul and Gerrard.
Was almost a 4-1-4-1, Lucas threw in a good shift, looked exhausted towards the end.
Set up at the back as we expected whether under Roy or Kenny, with the exception of Johnson's absence.

Thought Aurelio had a poor first half but grew into the game and all in all showed that he is the clear choice at LB.
Martin Kelly was fantastic, had a difficult task on the right but dealt with it very, very well.
I like the look of Agger and Skrtel at the back, got involved in afew scuffles but dealt with open play well.
Cannot fault Pepe Reina, out man of the match for those four of five saves in a row.

Babel looked very sharp, and very determined when he came on.
N'Gog and Shelvey didn't really get a chance to get into the game.
Torres looked sharp initially but faded once Gerrard was dismissed.
He will undoubtedly benefit with Kenny's football and we'll see the best of him.

Now to the decisons;
They often say "well you'd get a free kick if you were outside of the area" so it should be a pen.
You wouldn't get that decision if it was out of the area, so how that was a penalty I'll never know.
The sending off highlights how inconsitant refereeing decisions are.
He can by the letter of the law be sent off for that. But the Rafael challenge should have saw red aswell. And also if you look at the challenge Webb only turns to the play at the point of contact. You can accept the decision by the letter of the law but in matches of this intensity ref's should use their heads. I'd say yellow card. I was also impressed with Carrick's recovery.

But here is the weird thing we've been beat at OT but I'm happy.
And it isn't just Kenny's return, it was the character and the commitment of the performance.
Pride in the shirt, we've got our club back.
And probably a blessing in disguise, focus our energies on a devent run in Europe and trying to get in there again next season.

YNWA.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 9, 2011, 03:54:32 pm »
Well Dalglish has just said it wasn't a pen or a sending off, so that's good enough.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #390 on: January 9, 2011, 03:54:46 pm »
Has Kenny being interviewed yet?

Said it wasn't a pen and disputed the sending off.
gave a big shout to the fans and commended the players for the performance considering the 2 decisions that changed the game.
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #391 on: January 9, 2011, 03:54:51 pm »
Played like Liverpool for a change. Good performance. Bad luck on the penalty and a stupid tackle by Gerrard, and you lose 1-0. Oh well. More fun watching us than it has been for months.

Spot on.

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #392 on: January 9, 2011, 03:54:54 pm »
God I feel like crying listening to Kenny. What a man. He's fucking brilliant.

Stuck in America where they cut the damned match off the second the whistle blows.

What's Kenny say about the penalty and the red? They showed him watching the replay of the red and he looked like he agreed with the decision.
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #393 on: January 9, 2011, 03:54:56 pm »
Anyway our problem isnt pride and passion against the mancs its the horrible performances against side like Blackpool, Im really hoping we can win that game.
Also 4th place isnt going to happen so dont even mention it, the best we can hope for is to win the Europa League and it should now be our priority.

Said yesterday the acid test for me will be Blackpool on Wednesday night, not the mancs or Everton, we'll see who's up for it then.

Offline cydonia

• Kemlynite
  • So Say We All
« Reply #394 on: January 9, 2011, 03:54:59 pm »
Agger should have known better than to stick a foot out and Stevie went in rashly, when your feet are off the floor there's always a chance you're getting done and off for it... that said, Webb should have looked to his linesman for the pen at the very least, and should have thought about what would have been best for the game before sending Stevie off. Carrick whinged about on the floor and Webb was pestered into giving him the card... as soon as he was off Carrick was up and about no problem. Pisses me off that.

Other than that though we played well. The first 31 minutes we looked every bit as threatening as they did, and at times I thought we looked much the better team. Once we went down to 10 it was always gonna be hard work, and I think we have to take heart that aside from them hitting the bar, and having a couple of scuffley chances, they were only able to beat Reina through Berbatov's diving theatrics. Fuck em! The lads did us proud out there. Playing with 10 men against the league leaders is hard work!

I'd like to see more convincing guile and determination from some of the lads in 50/50s... Meireles was too weak going into them, I was glad he was taken off, but others like Torres and Babel equally get their pockets pinched too easily. Thought they were all good though, Kelly put a brilliant shift in against the likes of Evra and Giggs, and Agger, Aurelio and Skrtel all did well to cope with Nani and Rafael down the other side. Honestly, Utd didn't look convincing at all... on a better day with a bit of better luck we'd have had them. At the very least we'd have brought them back to Anfield for a replay.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 03:56:50 pm by cydonia »

Offline Stevie07

• Anny Roader
« Reply #395 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:02 pm »
Kenny superb in his post match interview, I love that guy.

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #396 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:05 pm »
Dodgy pen, dodgy ref but overall i'm not as disapointed as I thought i'd be after being beaten at Old Trafford.

Roy who? Rafa Who?? Who cares about them - The King is back.;D

Offline El Capitán Reina

• Kopite
« Reply #397 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:06 pm »
Well in Kenneth. No bending over. You tell him how it is.

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
« Reply #398 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:10 pm »

Kenny just on tv praising the players and the fans, well in kenny.
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:11 pm »
I really rate him, but I think Aurelio had a difficult game today...especially in possession.  I thought for sure he'd redeem himself with that free kick, but it was a good save.