Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 112456 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #280 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:58 pm »
I would like to see Kelly keep his place and move Johnson up to midfield.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:06 pm »
You were just watching the same game, weren't you?

You think our current players are good enough?

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:07 pm »
Great effort by the lads but we desperately,DESPERATELY need to sign a top class striker!
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #283 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:13 pm »
Lucas still has not got much improvement, I would sell him in this summer

what you on about ??? 
He put in a big shift today, broke up play plenty of times, looked composed on the ball and linked the play up well with simple passes.
Not sure if you noticed but we were down to 10 & having to work overtime just to close the spaces in order to stay in the game !!
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #284 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:16 pm »
We had ten players for over an hour. We conceded a non-penalty in the first minute. We had a manager who I don't think has had a single training session with the players yet. If you still think we were shite given the circumstances, fuck off.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:26 pm »
Could see the difference in tactics oday. Pressing higher up the pitch was noticable along with a better focus on keeping possession. So am relatively pleased. A moment of stupidity from Gerrard and a typical Howard Webb performance aside of course. A bit concerened how much the game took out of the players with the Blackpool game coming up (they rested a lot of players yesterday).

Well done to Martin Kelly. Another decent game from him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
« Reply #286 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:26 pm »
I liked some passages of play with Liverpool trying to play combinative football. The penalty and the sending off were bad mistakes by the referee.

Torres played like he doesn't care anymore.

利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #287 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:30 pm »
Yeah we lost, but by no means did we disgrace ourselves. King Kenny has returned and has instantly instilled some belief into the Redmen! Proud of the boys today, despite the loss! As for the Vermin's undercover agent Howard Webb. I'm sure Whisky Nose Ferguson will give him another years worth of Man United memorabilia! Martin Kelly our MOTM!
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:32 pm »
A reminder to anyone who thought that it was just the manager that is the problem, it isn't, we're just not good enough.  And it's sad to say that one of the finest players I've ever seen in a red shirt no longer looks remotely interested in playing for us.

log off you idiot

We had 10 men most of the game what do you expect

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:35 pm »
The happiest i've felt after a defeat to the mancs. Not that I don't give a shit, of course I do, but under Roy we would have lost this match and lost it without even putting up a fight. We would have played negative, dull defensive football and got rolled over. The players would have had the heads down and Fergie would be opening a bottle of whisky in his office celebrating the demise of his enemies, gleefully rubbing his hands together at the thought of Hodgson continuing to drag us down.

Instead we went out there and fucking took it to them. We had Agger at CB, oh the joy I felt at seeing him marauding into their half, it can't be put into words. How nice to see a LB who was solid yet skilful with positional sense in Aurelio. I saw us string more than 2 passes together, I saw us play the ball forward, play with width and attack the opposition, and most of all I saw players who wanted it and who believed. They were hungry, they were up for it. They were players who were being utilised in their correct positions and who were being asked to play football, not to lump it up and hope for the best.

I always thought that the pieces were there, but Roy just had them all in the wrong places. Today they looked like were in place. Webb fucked us over from the start and we had a massive hill to climb, made even more difficult by the sending off, but they kept on going till the end and not only did they hold their own, they were the better team and were it not for Webb being on Fergie's payroll we would've had them today. I can't quite believe we played that second half with 10 men - they gave their all and were very unlucky not to have their efforts rewarded.

I'm gutted we didn't get the result because we thoroughly deserved it, at least a draw anyway. If Roy had still been here and we'd lost in the manner to which I'd become accustomed I wouldn't even be feeling anything right now, just numbness and apathy. To be honest I'm just glad to feel something again, even if it is disappointment and a burning sense of injustice against Howard Fucking Webb.

I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #290 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:35 pm »
considering the new manager only got back in last night, the future is bright, the future's red!
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Dav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #291 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:39 pm »
Proud of the lads.

Positive performance with 10 men, it took their 12th man for them to win the game.

Roll on the next match!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:42 pm »
Thanks for your considered views.  If you think Torres was miles better today, you must be high on drugs

Torres wasn't at his best today but the rest of the team was obviously better.

We kept the ball on the floor, we closed down, we tried to play pass and move football and we took the game to United until the sending off.

Offline Mazuu

• Main Stander
« Reply #293 on: January 9, 2011, 03:45:58 pm »
Fantastic effort from the lads ruined by Webb.  :no

Oh, and Kelly should be our first choice rightback.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 03:48:05 pm by Mazuu »

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #294 on: January 9, 2011, 03:46:17 pm »
Carry that into Wednesday and Blackpool will know what LFC are about.

The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #295 on: January 9, 2011, 03:46:20 pm »
One thought, Reina is a fucking legend.

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #296 on: January 9, 2011, 03:46:26 pm »
How is this shower top of the league???
Beats me too.  They played shit football as they have all season and, even when we were down to ten men, Reina wasn't exactly overworked

They're just fortunate that the league is worse than it's ever been this season with no really top quality teams - none of them has the remotest chance in the CL once they play anyone decent - so they're hanging on while playing pretty crap stuff

And of course Man U always seem to benefit from performances from officials, like today, far more than any other team

And as for Berbatov being MOTM??  I'll give him 5.9 for his dive but otherwise he was anonymous.  He was certainly nowhere near the best player on the pitch

Offline Alpherah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: January 9, 2011, 03:46:37 pm »
Both feet off the ground and you are not going to get away with it - especially at Old Trafford.

Unless your Chelsea, City, Arsenal or the Mancs. In which case such challenges are yellow card worthy.
We all LOL'd at Stoke for whining about the two tiered-ness of this league when it comes to it being fair, decision wise.

I dare anyone to tell me they dont agree with them now?

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: January 9, 2011, 03:46:45 pm »
what exactly do we have to do to avoid Howard fuckin Webb officiating our games at the Toilet?? 

This is really beyond a joke now,when will someone from the club finally say these things about Webb in public?? 

other than that,this was the best game of the season,Kenny picked the perfect team and we could have won it if it wasn't for Webb!

good days ahead.

I don't think he's corrupt, he genuinely not a good referee, he gets the really big decisions wrong all the time. Honesty Clattenburg has actually developed into a much better referee.

Personally I think Ferguson's largely unchallenged ability to apply pressure on referees through the media over a 20 year period has really taken it's toll. We've seen how Fergie can trash a referees career and get away with it. The FA are just spineless with Ferguson.

Offline AnyGivenSunday

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: January 9, 2011, 03:46:47 pm »
A reminder to anyone who thought that it was just the manager that is the problem, it isn't, we're just not good enough.  And it's sad to say that one of the finest players I've ever seen in a red shirt no longer looks remotely interested in playing for us.

Of course it's not just the manager, but the manager can make one hell of a difference.  If you couldn't see a massive increase in effort, desire and spirit form the boys then I don't know what game you were watching

Offline Razzler

• Main Stander
« Reply #300 on: January 9, 2011, 03:46:51 pm »
Well,its was no way a penalty,there was hardly any contact and he dived,Webb fell for it,like the c*nt he is.

Really bad decision from the captain,always going to be a red card,stupid tackle....everyone else had to work so much harder because of that,which,hats off to them,they did,but it meant we were some what restricted going forward after that point.

Overall,i thought the team did well,pushed high up the pitch and never really let Utd get going and we also looked abit more composed on the ball than we have recently.

Things just felt better today,the shape,the passing,the pressing,the movement was all just better and ive got a feeling,just from watching that match that,despite the result were looking alot better and long may it continue.

In Kenny We Trust !!!!
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 03:49:16 pm by Razzler »

Offline ztommyy

• Anny Roader
  • A♥A♣A♠
« Reply #301 on: January 9, 2011, 03:46:52 pm »
There's no problem with drop out if our performance looks like that.
Let me tell you of our football team...

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:04 pm »
What fucking game were you watching? That was miles better you tool.
must be on a wind-up

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:06 pm »
Thanks for your considered views.  If you think Torres was miles better today, you must be high on drugs

Even if you don't think Torres was any better, EVERY SINGLE other player played with far more heart and effort than ANY other away game this season.

Offline Immense Johnson

• Main Stander
« Reply #304 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:10 pm »
Carry that into Wednesday and Blackpool will know what LFC are about.

Let's hope so, we owe those smalltimers one.

Offline r1ch

• Main Stander
« Reply #305 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:18 pm »
A reminder to anyone who thought that it was just the manager that is the problem, it isn't, we're just not good enough.

Take a long, hard, look at yourself in the mirror mate. Embarrasing.

That performance gives me such hope for the rest of the season. Proud of the players today, did really well and the travelling kop were brilliant. In full voice for the whole match, loved how many times we heard FOAR. Well done lads.

Webb hands them a nothing penalty and no chance he'd pass up the chance of sending Gerrard off and banning him for 3 games. Retribution from the "in crowd" for Hodgson's sacking? Wouldn't be surprised.

Not the day for being negative though, that was the best 90 mins of the season so far, and the first 30 mins was the best football we've played so far.

Proud again. :D YNWA

Offline Red Ant

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #306 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:19 pm »
Gutted by the manner of the result but also pleased with the performance from the lads, with barely enough time to get into them Kenny's presence alone was enough to up our attitude and performance considerably. Can't wait to hear what he's got to say after some truly shocking decisions again by Webb.

Thought Kelly had a great game and Pepe was awesome although they all put a great shift in for us, Torres was the only one I was disappointed with, thought he went back into his moody self again after Stevie's red.

Bring on Blackpool I'm really optimistic about the rest of the season now, King Kenny will sort this mess out no problems.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #307 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:22 pm »

This is really beyond a joke now,when will someone from the club finally say these things about Webb in public?? 

They wont because they haven't got a fucking backbone.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:29 pm »

He's talking about the team performance ya balloon

Offline GerrardL

• Anny Roader
« Reply #309 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:33 pm »
WUM

I know he is a nice guy, even though we don't sell him, at least we need to bring in a better DMF in this summer

Offline NeverWalkAlone96

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #310 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:33 pm »
Linesman doesn't make the call, and I'm watching a program now discussing just how far and how many bodies were between that bent c*nt and Agger and Berbatov when he made the call and its shown he could have had little more than the mancs' hopeful pleads and nothing else to go by.  Fucking shocking and corrupt decision once again. How long will this be allowed to go on for?

Having said that, positive day as everyone else has eluded to.  Lucas I thought showed why he's been our best player this term, Pepe brilliant, Shelvey a couple good moments when coming on, Kelly very solid, mature performance... shame about Stevie and Torres needs to get his act together asap.

All in all good uplifting performance and let us go on from here.  More of the same for the rest of the season and we will be just fine under Kenny.  More than anything I am proud to say I have my club back and feel proud of them once again.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #311 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:36 pm »
Came in a few minutes late and turned the TV to find us 0-1 down - WTF? The found out it was due to a penalty and as soon as I saw it I said it was never a pen but it was given and we got over it. Thought we were doing well until Gerrard got sent off, deservedly so as it was a silly challenge and did well after without really threatening....Pepe kept us in the game with that amazing string of saves.....at least the pride and passion was back....

Props to Ryan Babel for kicking Judas as well in the closing minutes - shame he couldn't have kicked him harder....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #312 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:40 pm »

Torres was poor, but completely isolated again. And that situaution was made even worse when stevie stupidly got sent off.

The fact is Torres is and never will be a target man. Its just not the type of player he is.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #313 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:41 pm »
I liked some passages of play with Liverpool trying to play combinative football. The penalty and the sending off were bad mistakes by the referee.

Torres played like he doesn't care anymore.

If you were a lone striker getting as much service as he has all season you'd start to lose faith as well. By losing Gerrard we lost the best link we have between midfield and attack leading to long range efforts or crosses into an empty box.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: January 9, 2011, 03:47:49 pm »
They are a bunch of diving twats aren't they? 

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: January 9, 2011, 03:48:04 pm »
Im looking forward to the Europa League now, Im hoping we can win a trophy with Kenny, it would be awesome.

Offline kinkytones

• Anny Roader
  • Ta for the profile reset. Bellends
« Reply #316 on: January 9, 2011, 03:48:12 pm »
I love the way there are little screens by the dugouts that show the live coverage. All it takes is the for 4th official to have a quick look and relay it back to that bald twat's britney-headset. The decision would have been made by the time that diving bastard had got up.
"Our purpose was to document the event" - Mossad agents arrested on 9/11 caught filming the attacks.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: January 9, 2011, 03:48:24 pm »
Big improvement. The players had some desire about them, Kelly was solid and anybody saying Torres didn't try i think its a bit unfair, when Stevie got sent off it was twice as hard for him.

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #318 on: January 9, 2011, 03:48:29 pm »
It was nice to see some real respect between Kenny and Torres when he came off.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: January 9, 2011, 03:48:34 pm »
I would like to see Kelly keep his place and move Johnson up to midfield.

Definitely.