Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 765585 times)

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2360 on: December 28, 2018, 04:56:26 pm »
Klopp says he’s excited to have such a big carachter back in the dressing room.

Interesting that... more important than our on the pitch even.

You can see why. This lad’s proper Captain material (*another* one in the team!) His attitude is the thing that astonished me the most when he joined this club. His football ability in midfield didn’t purely because of Babu’s insights into his game when he joined.

The fact he took a lower pay packet to come here and train under Klopp to further his game should have told me about his attitude a lot earlier than I realised. But it was that amazing moment in an after match interview, of a CL game where Coutinho had just owned the field, when the interviewer asks Coutinho about Barcelona. The sheepish magician is clearly under pressure, so Ox buts in and tells the interviewer that it’s an unfair question. The lads loved having Phillippe in the side and just moved the conversation on.

I was thinking about that moment quite recently, as I realised just how big a thing that was. He’s early/mid 20s, an interviewer, in front of *millions* of people world wide has asked an awkward question to a teammate and he’s butted in, taken control of the interview against a very experienced, media professional and very respectfully moved it on. Incredible maturity beyond its years - very impressive.

He really does deserve to be back in before the end of this season to get some medals come what May.

Here’s the interview in question. Brilliant. Just realised, it was actually not a CL game, and it wasn’t the little magician who’d bossed the field, but the very man in question - Ox got the MOTM award.

https://youtu.be/Hd3d3JJVNVE
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2361 on: December 28, 2018, 05:10:32 pm »
You can see why. This lad’s proper Captain material (*another* one in the team!) His attitude is the thing that astonished me the most when he joined this club. His football ability in midfield didn’t purely because of Babu’s insights into his game when he joined.

The fact he took a lower pay packet to come here and train under Klopp to further his game should have told me about his attitude a lot earlier than I realised. But it was that amazing moment in an after match interview, of a CL game where Coutinho had just owned the field, when the interviewer asks Coutinho about Barcelona. The sheepish magician is clearly under pressure, so Ox buts in and tells the interviewer that it’s an unfair question. The lads loved having Phillippe in the side and just moved the conversation on.

I was thinking about that moment quite recently, as I realised just how big a thing that was. He’s early/mid 20s, an interviewer, in front of *millions* of people world wide has asked an awkward question to a teammate and he’s butted in, taken control of the interview against a very experienced, media professional and very respectfully moved it on. Incredible maturity beyond its years - very impressive.

He really does deserve to be back in before the end of this season to get some medals come what May.

Here’s the interview in question. Brilliant. Just realised, it was actually not a CL game, and it wasn’t the little magician who’d bossed the field, but the very man in question - Ox got the MOTM award.

https://youtu.be/Hd3d3JJVNVE

yeah he turned down chelsea after they just won the title for the fifth time in just over 10 yrs, to join us, that deal was a game changer.  I presume Vvd did the same thing over that summer, big turning points into making me a believer

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2362 on: December 28, 2018, 05:39:51 pm »
What a huge lift for the team, if he doesn't play a minute. Saw Salah welcoming him back on Instagram.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2363 on: December 28, 2018, 06:05:21 pm »
Delighted to have him back. what a great player :champ

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #2364 on: December 28, 2018, 07:24:52 pm »
Brilliant news!

How many games do you need to qualify for a PL medal  ;)
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2365 on: December 28, 2018, 07:26:23 pm »
Brilliant news!

5 I believe.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline commando

• Main Stander
« Reply #2366 on: December 28, 2018, 07:30:22 pm »
Brilliant news!

Not sure about the criteria, but I'm sure that if Divock Origi doesn't feature again before the end of the season and we win the thing then someone at the club will ensure he gets one.  I think that the Prem are quite generous with the quantity of winners medals that they allow teams.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2367 on: December 28, 2018, 07:30:25 pm »
There'll be a set back, there always is. Hope not of course, but keep ye knickers on, if or when the news lands.

#pissing on ye chips
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:31:57 pm by CHOPPER »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2368 on: December 28, 2018, 07:30:49 pm »
As many as the club want.  I think they get a collection of medals and give them out to who they want...
There'll be a set back, there always is. Hope not of course, but keep ye knickers on, if or when the news lands.

#pissing ye chips

There probably will be.  But we fans need to keep our nerve and support the shit out of the players...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2369 on: December 28, 2018, 07:32:21 pm »
As many as the club want.  I think they get a collection of medals and give them out to who they want...
There probably will be.  But we fans need to keep our nerve and support the shit out of the players...

We're not the fucking Royal family.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2370 on: December 28, 2018, 07:54:20 pm »
Not sure about the criteria, but I'm sure that if Divock Origi doesn't feature again before the end of the season and we win the thing then someone at the club will ensure he gets one.  I think that the Prem are quite generous with the quantity of winners medals that they allow teams.

Have to appear in 5 games.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2371 on: December 28, 2018, 08:05:16 pm »
You saved yourself with this.

I think I now love you.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2372 on: December 28, 2018, 08:09:46 pm »
You saved yourself with this.

I think I now love you.
No one will back them more than you chops..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2373 on: December 28, 2018, 08:46:48 pm »
If it looks like we are going to win you know what, I'd love Klopp to throw him on for 5 seconds in 5 games, just so he qualifies.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2374 on: December 28, 2018, 08:49:56 pm »
the talk of medals is giving me anxiety :lmao

One match at a time.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2375 on: December 28, 2018, 08:58:22 pm »

One match at a time.

I know, shouldn't really do it. I blame the wife, she always plans ahead for holidays and stuff and I've started looking to the future too.

Head knows one game at a time, lets see where we are in late April.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2376 on: December 28, 2018, 09:40:45 pm »
No one will back them more than you chops..

Funny you should say that, I was only the other day playing croquet with Bill Gates and Gok Wan, and they said exactly the same thing. Sparkles!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2377 on: December 28, 2018, 09:42:08 pm »
Absolutely fantastic news!  What a great late Christmas present for the supporter!

Given that Klopp is clearly trying to manage our expectations, I'd suggest his late Feb/early March comment is probably conservative.  I'm not saying he could be back sooner, but the door is certainly open to Ox being back on the field inside of the next 12-13 weeks.

He could prove to be absolutely vital to our run in.  Really happy for him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2378 on: December 28, 2018, 11:31:26 pm »

We should give one to Jordan Pickford as well.  :D

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: December 29, 2018, 12:37:13 am »
Will he be ready for the City game?

Allegedly he's on the horse placenta shakes, so I don't see why not.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2380 on: December 29, 2018, 01:55:26 am »
I'd still be surprised to see him play this season, unless we have an injury wipe out out midfielders.

The priority will be getting him right for pre-season.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2381 on: December 29, 2018, 02:17:18 am »
Come on Alex.

Looks like he's gonna be turning up at just about the right time. ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2382 on: December 29, 2018, 02:31:18 am »
Come on Alex.

Looks like he's gonna be turning up at just about the right time. ;D

Yep, he has to make up for the cl final he missed last time.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2383 on: December 29, 2018, 10:36:21 am »
Can't wait for the lad to be back. Watching that half hour Sky Sports thing about Salah, the number of times Ox glides past players to set him up is amazing. Great player

Online Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2384 on: December 29, 2018, 10:49:32 am »
Really look forward to seeing him on the pitch again. Such a powerful player to have in midfield and seems like such a great personality (like so many in our squad).

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2385 on: December 29, 2018, 11:14:24 am »

One match at a time.

We had the same last year - would the Barcelona-ed one get a medal? And look where that ended up. Mockers is needed.

Online hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #2386 on: December 29, 2018, 12:24:41 pm »
Shouldn't be talking of medals, there's still a long way to go. But getting the Ox back would be amazing and a real squad lift.

In saying we shouldn't be talking of medals, yet. Do subs get premiership medals?

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2387 on: December 29, 2018, 12:53:51 pm »
Even if he plays a few token minutes at the end of a match this season it'd be a massive boost. Hopefully he can then get a proper pre season for next year.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2388 on: January 1, 2019, 12:30:30 pm »
Do we have to announce squads after the transfer window shuts? Be interesting to see if he makes any of those.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2389 on: January 1, 2019, 12:40:53 pm »
Shouldn't be talking of medals, there's still a long way to go. But getting the Ox back would be amazing and a real squad lift.

In saying we shouldn't be talking of medals, yet. Do subs get premiership medals?

Need to appear in 5 PL matches. Does matter if that's starting or coming on as sub.

Back up keeper automatically gets one.

No we shouldn't be talking about medals as yet but hopefully the Ox appears this season. He deserves too.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2390 on: January 1, 2019, 12:49:45 pm »
Need to appear in 5 PL matches. Does matter if that's starting or coming on as sub.

No we shouldn't be talking about medals as yet but hopefully the Ox appears this season. He deserves too.

Weren't people talking about medals leading up the CL final? That kind of talk should be nipped in the bud. Presumptuous the extreme.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #2391 on: January 1, 2019, 01:07:48 pm »

So Chamberlain should be listed as a backup keeper is what you are saying?
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2392 on: January 1, 2019, 01:17:27 pm »
So Chamberlain should be listed as a backup keeper is what you are saying?

The inevitable, 'He'll do a better job than Mignolet' in 3...2...1...

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2393 on: January 1, 2019, 01:34:57 pm »
Cant wait to see him back, but I really hope he just gets through his rehab thoroughly. A few games toward the end of the season would be a huge bonus and then its simply about him have a really strong pre-season.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: January 1, 2019, 02:52:32 pm »
Really looking forward to seeing him back. So unlucky with that injury but I think he'll come back strong

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2395 on: January 1, 2019, 05:40:51 pm »
He'll probably need a proper pre-season before being able to fight for a position in the XI as we're speaking. It's not exactly like he's trying to break into Cardiff's or Fulham's midfield. Get him to do a month playing in the U23's to see how he's doing and then gradually work him in towards the team. We'll see whether he can be the same player as before his injury, that's always an unknown.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2019, 11:34:02 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline mark2311

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2396 on: January 1, 2019, 10:46:02 pm »
His new video of the rehab process looks promising. I’m no expert on it but he’s kicking the ball  and changing direction fairly well. Happy to see it going well for him. It’s a good thing that we aren't desperate to rush him back and he can build up  his strength in his own time
« Last Edit: January 2, 2019, 03:10:49 pm by mark2311 »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2397 on: January 2, 2019, 05:08:47 am »
His new video of the rehab process looks promising. I’m no expert on it but he’s kicking the ball  and changing direction fairly well. Happy to see it going well for him. It’s a good thing that we are desperate to rush him back and he can build up  his strength in his own time

Do you mean we aren't? :)

I don't want to get too excited, but if he's started running around now, how many months of running around does he need to do before he's go to go again? Surely the answer isn't "5.5 months or more"?

Do any medical/sports science trained Reds know what the next steps are likely to be?

I imagine potentially quite a lot of training and rehab to build up the stability of the knees, which would be no mean task, and then potentially quite a long stretch to get back to match sharpness?

The way I'm thinking about it, he'll probably be in more or less pre-season mode within no more than 2-3 months, ready to play within another 1-2 months, and probably on the bench at the end of ths eason. Then it will be less a matter of whether he's ready to play, and more whether he'll be good enough to integrate into the side again. I imagine that's the job of the last couple of months of this season and then pre-season, so that he's a genuine option to rotate with Naby/Gini/Shaq by the start of next season. In the very best case scenario, he makes ridiculous strides and scores the winning goal in the CL final, but I think that's unlikely, mostly because getting to his early 2018 levels again will just take time.

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #2398 on: January 2, 2019, 05:36:53 am »
I'd be happy if he gets a sub appearance this season. Would love for him to play some part in what is possibly a title winning year.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2399 on: January 2, 2019, 07:52:42 am »
Welcome back OX! Hopefully there would be some game time for him with half a season to go.
Believer