Author Topic: Joe Rogan Experience  (Read 19318 times)

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Rogan Experience
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2019, 01:58:42 pm »
I liked that USAF commander that seen and intercepted the UFO. I never believed in UFO and alien shite, but, that is one that can't be explained away. Surprised it didn't make more of a headline. I know it's been on the news but just didn't seem to cause any..... You know... Sensationalism. There's unknown flying machines. Meh.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2019, 08:31:08 pm »
I liked that USAF commander that seen and intercepted the UFO. I never believed in UFO and alien shite, but, that is one that can't be explained away. Surprised it didn't make more of a headline. I know it's been on the news but just didn't seem to cause any..... You know... Sensationalism. There's unknown flying machines. Meh.
Yeah, that was fascinating to listen to. And, yeah, I can probably give a good reason why it hasn't been made as big as a deal as it should be, but I'll not get into that. I personally believe it 100%. Again, I'm not going to get into that on here.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2019, 11:44:50 pm »
Great podcast that one.

My only gripe with it was that Hipster guy who kept interrupting the Pilot guy all the time, he shouldn't have been there he added nothing to the episode.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2019, 01:18:29 am »
Great podcast that one.

My only gripe with it was that Hipster guy who kept interrupting the Pilot guy all the time, he shouldn't have been there he added nothing to the episode.
Yeah, he was just a bit excited to share the information, I think, a bit too enthusiastically. I didn't mind what he had to say, though. Some crazy accounts in the way he said pilots are being actively warned to watch where they are flying for fear of crashing into one of these things, such is the frequency of them being sighted. And the story about the torpedo being sucked down under the water is insane. The fact this is going on and is just being brushed off as fantasy is mind blowing to me, but how do you prove it? That's the thing.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2019, 07:59:28 am »
Anyone have a link to the podcast being discussed?  It sounds interesting.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2019, 09:22:51 am »
Anyone have a link to the podcast being discussed?  It sounds interesting.

The ufo one?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Eco2s3-0zsQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Eco2s3-0zsQ</a>

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2019, 05:20:23 am »
The ufo one?

Yeah, that's the one.  Thanks mate, much appreciated.   :thumbup

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2019, 11:59:17 pm »
And, yeah, I can probably give a good reason why it hasn't been made as big as a deal as it should be, but I'll not get into that.

well send me a pm of what you think. because i cant get it out of my head.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2019, 06:01:35 pm »
well send me a pm of what you think. because i cant get it out of my head.
The UFO stuff they're talking about, or about what I said?

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2019, 01:40:22 am »
https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a29771548/navy-ufo-witnesses-tell-truth/

Just leave this here for anyone enjoying the rabbit hole..  :lickin :lickin

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2019, 08:12:02 pm »
Ok this is interesting. Saw bits of that UFO episode. Read that article on the way to work this morning. Spill your theories please.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2019, 10:27:42 pm »
Ok this is interesting. Saw bits of that UFO episode. Read that article on the way to work this morning. Spill your theories please.

Could be the supposed new aircraft

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KJ7vCme8WzQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KJ7vCme8WzQ</a>

Nicely faked though :D

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2019, 10:39:37 pm »
Theories of new aircraft are fine and that, but to pilot one of those things, the way they move, and how fast the just get to speed and stop, the pilot would have all their internals liquified and they'd be dead with the g-forces. The questions raised with these things is more than just technology. The last video with the witness accounts in that link is another thing too, because those that saw what they saw are clearly struggling with it mentally.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:42:09 pm by Macphisto80 »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2019, 12:26:20 am »
The ships are supposed to be in some kind of gravity bubble aren't they? That's why they could be piloted..... although I don't know why aliens would bother if they're that advanced.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2020, 12:20:54 pm »
He's taken $100m to take it off everything except Spotify from September.

It'll still be free and he will keep creative control

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2020, 01:23:29 pm »
He's lost his mind during COVID. His constant flip flopping on his viewpoint about it, changes literally every podcast depending on who he is interviewing with. Comparing COVID deaths to shark related deaths is one of many absurdities of it all.

Can't listen to him

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2020, 04:57:24 pm »
Haven't listened in a while but I think you have to give him a bit of leeway here. It's a new disease so all our thoughts in relation to it are new and he's basically paid to think out loud.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2020, 05:01:55 pm »
Haven't listened in a while but I think you have to give him a bit of leeway here. It's a new disease so all our thoughts in relation to it are new and he's basically paid to think out loud.

Mate I can't give him leeway when he's doing this flip flopping in one week, with 3 episodes done in said week. I'm not even exaggerating.  You can't go from Tuesday saying that it's this and that, and how serious it is, to Wednesday saying it's a load of nonsense, and that it's equivalent to people dying from sharks.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2020, 05:13:44 pm »
Lost a lot of respect for him during the last few weeks.

I watch the podcast because he's a great interviewer. I've never held him up as a particularly smart individual, nor thought of him as a moron. People through the years have attacked his intelligence, which has always seemed pointless. He's very self deprecating about that himself and besides, he excels at what he does.

That changes somewhat when people's health is at risk. As deFacto says, he changes from day to day. He had an enlightening interview with an expert during the early stage of this crisis. It really conveyed the severity of what we face. Now him and Brendan Schaub (don't get me started) are bragging about their own health, trivialising Covid-19 and generally playing it down as a minor annoyance. It's so ignorant.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2020, 04:02:32 am »
Lost a lot of respect for him during the last few weeks.

I watch the podcast because he's a great interviewer. I've never held him up as a particularly smart individual, nor thought of him as a moron. People through the years have attacked his intelligence, which has always seemed pointless. He's very self deprecating about that himself and besides, he excels at what he does.

That changes somewhat when people's health is at risk. As deFacto says, he changes from day to day. He had an enlightening interview with an expert during the early stage of this crisis. It really conveyed the severity of what we face. Now him and Brendan Schaub (don't get me started) are bragging about their own health, trivialising Covid-19 and generally playing it down as a minor annoyance. It's so ignorant.

Exactly. And then he has Michael Yoo, who nearly died from Covid, and his viewpoint changes in that podcast as well, and then he goes back to talking nonsense in the following one.

Given his platform, it's so reckless to act like this

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2020, 04:26:54 am »
RAWK Podcast?  Get four or five lads from the drafting section -- put together an entertaining hour every day like clockwork. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2020, 12:14:26 pm »
Don't listen to his podcast much apart from when a UFC fighter or boxer is on, but is he actually intelligent? One minute he'll be talking about UFC then the next he'll be talking to some professor about stem cells and mathematics, it's weird
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:16:44 pm by King.Keita »

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2020, 12:18:40 pm »
He's always been a bit of a tit to be honest.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2020, 08:19:57 pm »
According to the BBC, Spotify have paid $100m for exclusive streaming rights.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2020, 11:05:13 am »
According to the BBC, Spotify have paid $100m for exclusive streaming rights.
Wow!!

It's a brilliant podcast, so much variation in the guests and Rogan lets them talk.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2020, 02:11:34 pm »
Don't listen to his podcast much apart from when a UFC fighter or boxer is on, but is he actually intelligent? One minute he'll be talking about UFC then the next he'll be talking to some professor about stem cells and mathematics, it's weird
He’s of average intelligence, but as I’ve said above he has always been the first to admit this. Whenever other people call him intelligent he is quick to point out the difference between being a smart person and surrounding yourself with smart people. On his podcast he does the latter.

The wide range of topics you mention is one of the secrets to his success. I don’t have any interest in UFC or his brand of comedy and yet there’s still a lot of guests I’m interested in. Pre-Covid, this was his biggest strength. If a scientist talks to another scientist I would never understand what they’re saying. Rogan has the inquisitiveness and naivety of the audience, which means he usually asks the questions we want to hear. Combine that with an unlimited time length, meaning conversations flow naturally, and you have a great format.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2020, 09:39:05 am »
Does this mean he’s getting off Youtube as well? Seems crazy if so, considering the audience he has built up there.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2020, 09:54:15 am »
Does this mean he’s getting off Youtube as well? Seems crazy if so, considering the audience he has built up there.

Yep. He'll be off Apple, Youtube and all podcast networks and will solely be on Spotify. It will still be free to listen to (though I guess after an advert) but $100m will certainly be more then he would earn of revenue.

This has been happening alot on other formats as well. There are a few Twitch game streamers that have taken facebook live and youtube premium money to move from Twitch.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2020, 10:06:34 am »
He'll be posting snippits of interviews on Youtube still.

Probably be on the Youtube JRE Clips channel that does that currently.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2020, 12:27:48 pm »
It's a shitload of money and he won't care, but I'll assume he'll lose a solid chunk of his audience and reach because of this. Podcasts aren't that important to people, well mostly not enough to change a well baked in habit of using whatever app you're using to listen to them. Some will follow him, some are already on Spotify - but a lot of folks that would either use their baked in phone app or Youtube - simply won't be bothered.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2020, 12:50:03 pm »
I for one am really glad Spotify are handing this biff millions instead of properly paying the musicians that have made them such a huge corporate entity
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2020, 08:08:44 pm »
It's a shitload of money and he won't care, but I'll assume he'll lose a solid chunk of his audience and reach because of this. Podcasts aren't that important to people, well mostly not enough to change a well baked in habit of using whatever app you're using to listen to them. Some will follow him, some are already on Spotify - but a lot of folks that would either use their baked in phone app or Youtube - simply won't be bothered.
I use YouTube daily, so if a new podcast of his shows up I'll check it out. I may tune out pretty quickly depending on the guest, but I'll always give it a chance. When it moves to Spotify, an app I don't use, I'll only go to check out the guests I know I'm interested in. I imagine many others will be the same, YouTube is part of people's daily routine. Spotify is too of course, but in a different way that doesn't lend itself as well to podcasts. I watch Liverpool videos on YouTube and the next thing I know a Joe Rogan video comes up. What's the equivalent on Spotify? There's not as much clicking around that can lead to the podcast. Think the numbers will drop significantly. I could be proven wrong entirely of course, this is just a hunch.

I also don't blame him for taking the money, the podcast will still be free to people anyway. I take for granted the fact I don't pay for entertainment like that. I've had hours upon hours of entertainment for literally no cost.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2020, 06:09:30 pm »
He is a good guy but sometimes a bit too tight imo. He didn't have to turn the Cosby-Weinstein stories into childish masturbation jokes, still i loved that he gave a lesson to Stephen A after that UFC fight though.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2022, 09:03:43 am »
Glad to see he's finally having to pull his head in on all the shit his spits out.

Josh Szeps fact checks Joe Rogan on podcast
Josh Szeps has appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience, talking with the host about wide-ranging issues from Covid-19 to aliens.

Joe Rogan has been challenged by an Aussie media personality on his podcast after making a claim about the dangers of the Covid-19 vaccine.

ABC radio Sydney host Josh Szeps, who also hosts the podcast Uncomfortable Conversations with Josh Szeps and has previously hosted Weekend Breakfast on ABC News, appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience for a wide-ranging chat with the UFC commentator and comedian.

But things got heated when the conversation turned to myocarditis - an inflammation of the heart.

In a clip that’s gone viral, Rogan stated there was an adverse risk of myocarditis among young boys associated with Covid-19 vaccines.

Szeps responded with a fact check of his own, revealing young boys were far more likely to experience heart inflammation after a coronavirus infection than after vaccination.

“I don’t think that’s true,” Rogan responded.

“It is,” Szeps said.

“Let’s look that up, because I don’t think that’s true,” Rogan said.

The duo then examined a New Scientist article that backed up Szeps’ assertion.

Joe Rogan has been challenged by an Aussie media personality on his podcast after making a claim about the dangers of the Covid-19 vaccine.
ABC radio Sydney host Josh Szeps, who also hosts the podcast Uncomfortable Conversations with Josh Szeps and has previously hosted Weekend Breakfast on ABC News, appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience for a wide-ranging chat with the UFC commentator and comedian.

But things got heated when the conversation turned to myocarditis - an inflammation of the heart.

In a clip that’s gone viral, Rogan stated there was an adverse risk of myocarditis among young boys associated with Covid-19 vaccines.

Szeps responded with a fact check of his own, revealing young boys were far more likely to experience heart inflammation after a coronavirus infection than after vaccination.

“I don’t think that’s true,” Rogan responded.

“It is,” Szeps said.

“Let’s look that up, because I don’t think that’s true,” Rogan said.

The duo then examined a New Scientist article that backed up Szeps’ assertion.
Joe Rogan backs Spotify disclaimers and says he will ‘do best to research topics’ in future

‘A lot of people had a distorted perception of what I do,’ Rogan says

Joe Rogan has addressed the controversy surrounding two of his podcasts about Covid-19 vaccines on Spotify.

Last year the 54-year-old podcaster interviewed widely discredited doctor Robert Malone, who claimed on his show The Joe Rogan Experience that Americans were “hypnotised” into wearing masks and getting vaccines.

Soon after that, hundreds of scientists and medical professionals started asking Spotify to address Covid misinformation on Rogan’s controversial episodes about vaccines.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/joe-rogan-spotify-neil-young-mitchell-b2003902.html

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2022, 09:08:24 am »
He’s a fucking whopper.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2022, 09:14:40 am »
He’s a fucking whopper.

Ive not followed the Covid Vax stuff, but he had to apologise for saying wild fires were started by left wing activists

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-rogan-apologizes-left-wing-portland-fires-1532997

A whopper indeed
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2022, 09:15:21 am »
loads of people are cancelling their Spotify - they have lost 25% of their share price this year. I do not have a Spotify premium account and I am asking those in the family to look at alternatives.

Joe  Rogan is snake oil salesman  & these platforms using Fake news to earn money and subscribers is just wrong.

I blame all this dumming down, money grabbing by being the most stupid person in the room and sensationalising of news to ENDEMOL and the original Big Brother.

Spotify, Fox news & Sky Sports (Anything Murdoch touches is poison).

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2022, 09:35:30 am »
Interesting about the inflammation of the heart thing, this actually happened to my mates 17 year old son. Healthy, footballing lad he was taken into hospital after his second jab with chest pains/breathing difficulties. He was told by the medical staff that it might be the issue. No idea if he’d previously had Covid though. Fortunately he’s ok, but has been referred for repeat ecg & ultrasounds.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2022, 09:41:52 am »
Interesting about the inflammation of the heart thing, this actually happened to my mates 17 year old son. Healthy, footballing lad he was taken into hospital after his second jab with chest pains/breathing difficulties. He was told by the medical staff that it might be the issue. No idea if he’d previously had Covid though. Fortunately he’s ok, but has been referred for repeat ecg & ultrasounds.

it is a recognised side effect

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57781637
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.