Author Topic: Review of Fat Scouser’s new book: "The Life & Opinions of Mr Nobody – Shithouse"  (Read 84465 times)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
just out of interest, has anybody had any trouble/spotted any formatting errors etc. with the ebooks?
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Hiya Leo,
              Just thought I would tell you a little story about my dad. He is 81 and he had a slight stroke just before last Christmas and was really unwell at the time. Since then he has come to live with me. He has always been an avid reader and was shit hot at crosswords and puzzles and stuff. Some of the side effects of his stroke, were that he has found it really difficult to read and he struggles to even write his name now. I have tried loads of books to try and get him back into reading, books on football, boxing, books about the city of Liverpool, books about his favorite Jazz musicians, I have tried them all and he has never got further than a couple of pages before jacking it in.
Then he watched me reading Mr Nobody, pissing myself laughing and wanted to know what it was all about, so I passed it on to him when I had finished. It was bloody brilliant watching him sit there reading it, chuckling away to himself. He is about two thirds of the way through now, a fantastic achievement for him. Keep up the good work mate, roll on the next one, and don't let the aresholes get to you mate.
That there, well, I don't even want to say how it makes me feel. But I'll say this, it's made me shift me lazy fat arse and knuckle down to getting this one done. Soon as it is, send me your Dad's address, I'll give him 50p off. No mate, thanks so much for saying that, and once this next one is done, one's in the mail to your Da. Please give him my best wishes, and tell him he's made my day.

"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
just out of interest, has anybody had any trouble/spotted any formatting errors etc. with the ebooks?
Eh up mate, all I can say is, I've sold a few copies now and I've had no complaints about the formatting.
In fact, I hope to be giving you another one to do soon. I'll even give you a 10% rise on your wages. I'll just have to dust me abacus off and work out 10% of nothing.

Arsing about aside, I asked people to let me know if they had any problems with the electronic one. As I said, I've not had one complaint. And I will be asking you to sort this next one out, but this time I'll defo mug you to a match or sort something with out you. I don't want to go all soppy, but I honestly can't thank you, and all the other good people on here, enough. For all the bollocks sprouted about RAWK, there's some great people on this site.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I'm slow at reading books just started it yestrday and I'm up to chapter 7, thing I noticed, was you have the lads hanging about a chippy, I didn't thing you's had shops in Tower Hill, sure they didn't hang about a mobile or is that artistic licence?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:18:01 am by The 92A »
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
I'm slow at reading books just started it yestrday and I'm up to chapter 7, thing I noticed, was you have the lads hanging about a chippy, I didn't thing you's had shops in Tower Hill, sure they didn't hang about a mobile or is that artistic licence?
Ah, but was it Towerhill?

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Ah, but was it Towerhill?

In my head it was, 15's going past and everything.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:39:54 pm by The 92A »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan

In my head it was, 15's going past and everything.
D's mate. 15D's, 500's and 92B's.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
D's mate. 15D's, 500's and 92B's.

Told you it was Tower Hill.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan

Told you it was Tower Hill.
To be a what is it, Pedant, smart arse, shitehawk, whatever it is... No. I did.
Chippy by the Chaser, throwing out time, Friday night, drunken nurses and Cornie... there's a book somewhere in all that, you know.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Taken me back thirty years there... Different world, tinged with discovery and excitement.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
Picked mine up from the HJC. Superb mate. Really enjoyed it.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Just finished it this week, fucking boss book!

Gonna buy a copy for me stepdad - in his 70s, hardcore, old-school fella, ex Merchant Navy when he legged it from skewl at 14.....can see him pissing himself laughing at this, like pooley's dad.

Brilliant stuff, Leo, loved it thanks! :wave

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Picked mine up from the HJC. Superb mate. Really enjoyed it.
Nice on mate. And anyone else that wants a copy, and can pick it up from the shop, please do that before ordering one from me.

Just finished it this week, fucking boss book!

Gonna buy a copy for me stepdad - in his 70s, hardcore, old-school fella, ex Merchant Navy when he legged it from skewl at 14.....can see him pissing himself laughing at this, like pooley's dad.

Brilliant stuff, Leo, loved it thanks! :wave

Ta mate. I'm glady enjoyed it

Offline gdr

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Just finished it. (bloody slow reader).
Superb read! I laughed out loud in places. I shed a tear in places.
Brought back so many memories. Thanks mate.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
is this on Kindle yet Leo?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Had a book returned yesterday. It went out on 29/08/12. It's been to Reyjkavik and back. Nobody's complained about not getting a book. I can't find the original emails. I'll try again later. I've got mates staying and I'm suffering a terrible hangover. But if you happen to look in here, and it's your book, please PM me so we can get this sorted out.

Yes Geoff. I don't know about all the gizmos and gadgets, but one of the lads formatted it into an ebook that works on them all. 

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Had a book returned yesterday. It went out on 29/08/12. It's been to Reyjkavik and back. Nobody's complained about not getting a book. I can't find the original emails. I'll try again later. I've got mates staying and I'm suffering a terrible hangover. But if you happen to look in here, and it's your book, please PM me so we can get this sorted out.

Aristoleish is from Iceland, no?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Aristoleish is from Iceland, no?
I've found the original emails, so I've sent him a note. Hopefully, he'll get back to me and we can sort it out.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
I've found the original emails, so I've sent him a note. Hopefully, he'll get back to me and we can sort it out.

:thumbup

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Brilliant read that FS. Thank you.

Just a reminder to everyone that the book is available at the HJC shop. It isn't on the shelf behind the counter but just ask for the 'Mr Nobody' book & it swiftly appears. I would recommend buying it after the match rather than pre-match as it's bigger than I expected. The book, that is! Buying it before the game resulted in a walk back to the car and a drinking delay. FS's book is well worth the fiver.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2012, 10:59:48 am by ACLE »
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Finished another book, and didn't even run out of crayons. It's hasn't gone to print yet, but it's finished. To be honest, it's more of the same without the football. Well, that's what I reckon. But there's a few people proof reading it for me. I'll see what they think before saying too much.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
Finished another book, and didn't even run out of crayons. It's hasn't gone to print yet, but it's finished. To be honest, it's more of the same without the football. Well, that's what I reckon. But there's a few people proof reading it for me. I'll see what they think before saying too much.

Nice one mate .Looking forward to it.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Well done FS, I presume that it will soon be available in the HJC shop as is 'Mister Nobody'.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Well done FS, I presume that it will soon be available in the HJC shop as is 'Mister Nobody'.
I'm having it proof read mate, then it'll go to the printers. It should be a few weeks before it's done. And I'm home in January so I'll drop some of at the shop then, but there's no football in this one. Unless calling our friend down the Lancs a purple faced tramp counts as football.

Online Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Unless calling our friend down the Lancs a purple faced tramp counts as football.

That's more a public service announcement.

royhendo

Finished another book, and didn't even run out of crayons.

Don't you sell yourself short.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Don't you sell yourself short.
I don't. I shoplift them.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
so far about halfway through FS's book and dont kid yourself Leo you can bloody write mate, the characters jump out of the pages it is a great page turner, so please keep on writing  you have a talent for it, and i need a few more laughs from your characters, i will nick some crayons for you if required.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
so far about halfway through FS's book and dont kid yourself Leo you can bloody write mate, the characters jump out of the pages it is a great page turner, so please keep on writing  you have a talent for it, and i need a few more laughs from your characters, i will nick some crayons for you if required.
New one's going off to the printers this week, mate. I honestly think it's better than the first, but, I suppose, that's for others to judge. I'm happy with it, though. It's got nothing to do with the first, but I'm making this Nobody malarkey into a trilogy. The 3rd is out lined and ready to go. I just can't be arsed starting it, that's why I've been back on the boards torturing other people with bollocks instead of writing it in here on me todd.

Thanks for the compliment, but I honestly hate writing. I find it a real chore, but there's a bit more bollocks I've just got to spout.

Offline JCB Barnes

• Main Stander
  • Goal Digger
I just wanted to say, for what it's worth, that I think this book is incredible. I can't praise you enough, FS.

I've been reading on a bus full of noisy school kids every morning for months now and no book before or since yours has managed to hold my attention and help me zone out from the incessant chatter quite so well.

I look forward to the next one and wish you all the best with it!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Hey Barnesy your message is really scary cos don't you drive the local school bus? ;)

Offline JCB Barnes

• Main Stander
  • Goal Digger
Hey Barnesy your message is really scary cos don't you drive the local school bus? ;)

http://i.imgur.com/oTdiV.png

"You know those guitars that are like, double guitars!"

:)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Oh dear, the poor kids. He'll be getting the chain saw out next.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh dear, the poor kids. He'll be getting the chain saw out next.

still wiping the blood of the old one

Offline DLRG12

• For someone running a no nonsense website, appears to be singularly lacking in sense.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
STarted this and gave up - must have another go!

Offline DLRG12

• For someone running a no nonsense website, appears to be singularly lacking in sense.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Why can't you download this on Kindle?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
What's the problem, mate? Did you start reading the book and stop? Can't say I blame you. Or do you want the ebook? Tell us in here or PM me.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Not touting for business, just letting people know... the ringbound version is now only available at the HJC shop. I don't know how many they've got left, but I've got a few ringbounds left here and they'll be in the shop soon. So, if you want a copy, please buy it from the shop first if you can. As for the A5, perfect bound, version, I've got 20 left and it won't be getting re-printed. There'll be another edition, but I'm going to edit it. To get the price down, and so get it in the shops, it will be much shorter. Already had offers to stock it from some bookstores in Liverpool, but the size of it, means the costs are too high for the shops to stock. And the only way I can get costs down, is to cut the page count.

So, anyway, that's that, 20 copies of the original left. And, with my usual impecable timing and sales man's acumen, the new book - Nobody In The City - will be out for just after Christmas.  I'll make a post when it's in.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
FS, what is Nobody in The City about mate?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Check your PM's.