Author Topic: New Stadium...work started story on lfc.tv  (Read 75307 times)

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
Re: New Stadium...work started story on lfc.tv
« Reply #400 on: July 8, 2009, 11:17:33 am »
The planning application for the increased capacity was supposed to be submitted at the end of June.

Has this happened Shanks do you know?

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: July 8, 2009, 11:28:24 am »
Has this happened Shanks do you know?

It's been difficult trying to get a definitive answer.
My guess is, no it hasn't.

Maybe someone on here from the Council planning dept may be able to clarify it though.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #402 on: July 8, 2009, 11:32:21 am »
According to the planning section of the city council website there's not been a new application put in as yet.

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/planningexploreraa/

If you put Liverpool Football Club into the applicant name it lists all their previous applications.

The council update their lists weekly too, so hopefully it would be listed here at some point...

http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Environment/Planning/Planning_applications/index.asp
« Last Edit: July 8, 2009, 11:35:42 am by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #403 on: July 8, 2009, 11:34:46 am »
Nice one Shanks - I got a feeling this is going to take a long long long time to come to fruition if it does at all with this pair at the helm

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #404 on: July 8, 2009, 11:45:33 am »
We wait and see then rg73

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #405 on: July 15, 2009, 09:51:07 am »
With the world in deep recession and raw material prices at their lowest for some time I sincerely hope that the yanks are asking for re-quotes on the building costs! Now would be a very good time to tie contractors down to prices.
This time last year steel was quoted at US$900 / tonne. It bottomed out at about US$250/tonne in mid Feb'09 and now it's creaping up to around US$390/tonne.
If we wait another 12 months the price will be £40M or £50M higher than now because we'll be coming out of recession.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 07:07:18 am by Goffry »

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #406 on: July 22, 2009, 07:59:51 pm »
http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and_insights/_a/liverpool_fc_stanley_park_stadium_and_tom_hicks_win_praise/

Liverpool FC: Stanley Park stadium and Tom Hicks win praise - SportsPro Media

Liverpool FC: Stanley Park stadium and Tom Hicks win praise22 July 2009 | By David Cushnan | Notes & Insights | Comment | SoccerPopular content

Bryan Trubey, the American architect who designed the new Dallas Cowboys stadium, has hailed the prospective new home of English Premier League club Liverpool as a triumph.

Trubey led his company HKS’ design of a new stadium for the club, owned by American businessmen George Gillett and Tom Hicks. Hicks also owns the Texas Rangers Major League Baseball franchise and has worked extensively with HKS.

“We’ve worked with Tom for over ten years, so I have a relationship with him like I did with (Dallas Cowboys owners) the Jones family,“ said Trubey. “He’s always been a visionary owner that’s totally open to almost anything, and so it was the same kind of experience and you can see the same quality of design work is playing itself out.“

In the case of Liverpool’s new stadium, the construction of which is currently delayed by the club’s failure to secure funding, that manifests itself in The Kop, a standalone behind-goal stand with 18,500 seats. The Kop at Liverpool’s current stadium, Anfield, has carried the name since 1906, and is probably the most famous soccer stand in the world.

“Creating a venue that’s supportive of the team that’s there but intimidating to those that visit it is one of the key elements of design,“ added Trubey. “You can see it a lot in the Liverpool design – as much as in anything we’ve done – the big design driver is The Kop. Man, what a spiritual experience the first time I went to a game there. That group of fans is over the top and unique in the world, and it was an instant inspiration to me to drive the whole design off of that. We obviously had to do a lot of things to be sensitive to the park and the community with exterior form too, and we’ve done that. But that powerful group of fans, that’s probably the number one most phenomenal experience I’ve had in sport globally. I’ve been to a lot of places in the world, but that was easily the number one experience.“

Within hours of leaving his first game at Anfield, Trubey had drawn up sketches including what he describes as a “monolithic structure, disproportionately large.“ The rest of the stadium, which will hold a total of 60,000 seated fans, is distinctive in itself, but Trubey makes no secret of the fact that he sees The Kop as unique.

“Some ideas happen over time, because they’re more complicated, but some are like an epiphany and they seem so right that you’d almost have to ignore them not to listen to them,“ he said. “That whole thing is a good example of how a really good designer or architect can enhance an existing experience that’s evolved over a hundred years, take it into a new building and put it on steroids.“

Despite the continuing delays, the design concept itself was, according to Trubey, a triumph for the company. “Although they’re having a little bit of difficulty - like everybody is right now - with financing, that was a hugely successful project for us. It’s gotten a lot of critical and popular praise.“
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #407 on: July 23, 2009, 08:37:44 pm »
Is that article for real?  And is this Bryan Truby taking the piss?  Praise for a design?  The entire article is devoted to praising the design and waxing lyrical re previously working with Hicks.

And then almost footnote like reference to the fact there is no finance to build the fucker!

You think you've read as much crap as possible on the situation and then this appears.

Unbelievable.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #408 on: July 23, 2009, 08:44:17 pm »
The article is a pure PR exercise, imho. If I recall correctly, G&H have to refinance the loan very soon (by today/tomorrow?). Rumor has it that one bank (RBS) is willing to do that, the other (Wachovia) is uneasy about the whole idea. So, here is an article, coincidentally coming out a day or two before, that shows how great the design is... G&H hope to convince both banks in the value of the product they are financing.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline t0m

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • I hate Man u
« Reply #409 on: August 1, 2009, 05:21:58 pm »
yawn ...... whats the latest
Follow me on twitter STAR_LFC

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: August 3, 2009, 04:00:02 am »
The latest is what it's always been...  There is no latest.   :butt

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #411 on: August 6, 2009, 05:56:00 pm »
Plans for a new 150,000 capacity Barca stadium have been unveiled though,http://www.cnplus.co.uk/5205577.article
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: August 6, 2009, 11:08:44 pm »
How do 150,000 people get to a stadium that has 1 road in and out - terrorists wet dream?

Or is the road just for the big-wigs, and the rest of them have to swim

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #413 on: August 7, 2009, 06:01:59 pm »
I don't know where to write this, but I put it here.
I really liked the new Espanyol stadium. The Lights on the outside looked really cool.

(dont know how to post pics)
Link:
http://www.pericoz.com/attachments/Image/Nuevo_Estadio1.jpg

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #414 on: August 7, 2009, 08:34:03 pm »
How do 150,000 people get to a stadium that has 1 road in and out - terrorists wet dream?

Or is the road just for the big-wigs, and the rest of them have to swim

Did you not go to the Attaturk? :)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline j.b.1978

• Boys Pen
« Reply #415 on: August 20, 2009, 01:11:17 pm »
Not trying to wind anyone or or take the piss. The dust is being blown off the plans.
Is the dust settling back on the plans now that money is back to being tight?

Offline lakes

• Anny Roader
    • Thurrock Paranormal
« Reply #416 on: August 20, 2009, 08:49:11 pm »
we should here more on this soon. we might even get a date but theres a few things that need to be sorted outfirst, like the GOV might ask us to use it for Rugby the weekends that we are not using it or share it with a lower team (no not them), if we did we could get some of the Tax off and it would fall into the GOV plans to make the area better.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #417 on: August 20, 2009, 09:54:51 pm »
we should here more on this soon. we might even get a date but theres a few things that need to be sorted outfirst, like the GOV might ask us to use it for Rugby the weekends that we are not using it or share it with a lower team (no not them), if we did we could get some of the Tax off and it would fall into the GOV plans to make the area better.

If that were the case then a new planning permission would have to be sought.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline lakes

• Anny Roader
    • Thurrock Paranormal
« Reply #418 on: August 20, 2009, 11:59:09 pm »
If that were the case then a new planning permission would have to be sought.

lol another hold up. but i think it would be given right away if it met with the GOV's ideas for the area.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #419 on: August 20, 2009, 11:59:59 pm »

Share it with a lower team, use it for rugby, please tell me this is a wind up

Offline lakes

• Anny Roader
    • Thurrock Paranormal
« Reply #420 on: August 21, 2009, 11:53:22 am »
Share it with a lower team, use it for rugby, please tell me this is a wind up

not sure mate, it was all to do with getting money off the GOv and stuff like that.

but keep in mind how much money it could make if you start to use it for concerts, boxing and other things like that. it might not all be bad, its all money for the club each time its used.
i bet Bolton have made a mint out of some of the stuff they have done.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: August 21, 2009, 07:57:27 pm »
not sure mate, it was all to do with getting money off the GOv and stuff like that.

but keep in mind how much money it could make if you start to use it for concerts, boxing and other things like that. it might not all be bad, its all money for the club each time its used.

Yeah, concerts, boxing etc. are fine but sharing the ground and the pitch with another team or a rugby club is another thing altogether. If we ever get a new stadium this is a big no no.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #422 on: August 21, 2009, 11:10:17 pm »

WUM

Offline j.b.1978

• Boys Pen
« Reply #423 on: September 3, 2009, 12:49:12 pm »
Is it feasible that Share Liverpool raise the cash to build the stadium rather than buy the club. They could then rent the stadium to LFC and all profit be given back directly for transfers etc. This would be a one off project, so does not require future investment and the fans own the stadium. I have not put much thought into this but would it be a more realistic project than buying the club?

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: September 3, 2009, 07:15:04 pm »
Yeah, concerts, boxing etc. are fine but sharing the ground and the pitch with another team or a rugby club is another thing altogether. If we ever get a new stadium this is a big no no.
Concerts are fine? Are you for real? Just ask what happened to the Bulgaria's national stadium after Madonna's concert. The whole area in front of one goal is worse than a wheat field. Now Levski has  have to play their UEFA matches in a smaller stadium, and CSKA has no UEFA home (their stadium is not approved). Perhaps Tranmere will be nice to us and rent us their stadium?!

EDIT: Here are a couple of pictures, showing the stadium in "fine form" after Madonna's concert (sorry can't find any bigger images).
« Last Edit: September 4, 2009, 12:46:18 am by farawayred »

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: September 3, 2009, 09:05:53 pm »
A brilliant idea.
Is it feasible that Share Liverpool raise the cash to build the stadium rather than buy the club. They could then rent the stadium to LFC and all profit be given back directly for transfers etc. This would be a one off project, so does not require future investment and the fans own the stadium. I have not put much thought into this but would it be a more realistic project than buying the club?

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #426 on: September 4, 2009, 04:53:22 am »
Concerts are fine? Are you for real? Just ask what happened to the Bulgaria's national stadium after Madonna's concert. The whole area in front of one goal is worse than a wheat field. Now Levski has  have to play their UEFA matches in a smaller stadium, and CSKA has no UEFA home (their stadium is not approved). Perhaps Tranmere will be nice to us and rent us their stadium?!

EDIT: Here are a couple of pictures, showing the stadium in "fine form" after Madonna's concert (sorry can't find any bigger images).

I always thought it was possible to put a platform above the pitch for concerts and other similar events to protect the pitch.  I saw pictures of something like that being done with a German stadium, just can't remember which one.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #427 on: September 4, 2009, 07:14:06 am »
The planning approval specifically limits the possible uses for the stadium primarily on the grounds of impact to residents in the surrounding area. The main concerns being noise pollution and traffic congestion.

It can be used for occasional special sporting events but the assumption is that you only get large crowds twenty to thirty times a year (home league games and cup competitions).

I can see how the council might accept ground-share as the two clubs are so close together, there would be little if any impact on the surrounding infrastructure. Getting approval to introduce 15-20,000 people on the weekends we aren't playing or to have concerts going on until 12.00 am on a regular basis is a massive change to the accepted uses and I don't think it would be straightforward at all.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: September 4, 2009, 10:56:00 pm »

Am I for real? All I meant is the occasional concert in the summer months. I'm sure they've got the means to allow for this kind of thing once or twice a year, maybe not.
Anyway, I was trying to object against the use of the stadium for Rugby etc. This is never going to be an option.
Why am I saying this? We're talking as though the thing is actually going to be built.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: September 5, 2009, 04:01:58 am »
Am I for real? All I meant is the occasional concert in the summer months. I'm sure they've got the means to allow for this kind of thing once or twice a year, maybe not.
Anyway, I was trying to object against the use of the stadium for Rugby etc. This is never going to be an option.
Why am I saying this? We're talking as though the thing is actually going to be built.
Fair enough. I just object to using a stadium for different sports in general. Rugby (much like American football) is not a good option, unless the grass is artificial (which is a stupid idea anyway). There is plenty of lessons to be learned from other countries/leagues. Renting a stadium for a concert is a bad idea (I think there were some complaints regarding the Millennium stadium (or was it Wembley, I don't recall). If sharing is the only way forward, football should be the only sport played there; I bet that's the logic the Government is banking on. But I agree with all objections to sharing. Look at San Siro - the grass has to be relayed more often than for a normal use. But then, the Italians have a winter break, when is the grass going to have time to grow in England? I just think that sharing with another club in England will be a disaster for two reasons - weather and lack of a winter break.