Author Topic: Daniel Agger  (Read 395644 times)

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
Re: Daniel Agger
« Reply #3360 on: July 21, 2016, 02:52:01 pm »
I'm not sure Neal's into the needle ;D

Would be an interesting watch though. Lots of slow, repetitive football followed by a lie down at half time. George would have to play an appropriate soundtrack of the Velvets, Spaceman 3 and maybe some Brian Eno...
They'd all be trying to 'kick it'

;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3361 on: July 21, 2016, 05:09:38 pm »
Wish him all the best in his retirement, a sad ending to his career.  Physically he gave everything to the club and then some.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3362 on: July 21, 2016, 10:34:23 pm »
Finished player in grudge against manager who dropped him shocker. Who here in March 2014 would've given a shiny one if Rodgers had upset our 4th choice centre half while we swept teams aside and continued the most exciting of title charges?

I thought by now we could take comments like those with a pinch of salt. For all those clambering to say "oh yeah that confirms what we all knew about Rodgers" i'm sure you either didn't notice or just dismissed all of the comments from Luis Suarez about him.

An ego the size of the hole in our defence, har fucking har, Rodgers deserves far more respect on here than he gets. I bet all of you were queing up to wax lyrical about having the best fans in the world after the 4-3 over Dortmund. Load of bollocks that's been exposed time and time again over recent years culminating in the shite that was thrown at Rodgers towards the end of his tenure.

I rated Danny Agger and he seems a top red, albeit another "one of us" or "legend" that hasn't got a trophy to his name.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #3363 on: July 21, 2016, 10:46:57 pm »
This is one of the greatest defenders goals I've ever seen:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jNAAfP7ed8A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jNAAfP7ed8A</a>

I was there that day. It was even better live. Great curl on the ball.

Offline mikenielsen

• Main Stander
« Reply #3364 on: July 22, 2016, 06:46:27 am »
Finished player in grudge against manager who dropped him shocker. Who here in March 2014 would've given a shiny one if Rodgers had upset our 4th choice centre half while we swept teams aside and continued the most exciting of title charges?

I thought by now we could take comments like those with a pinch of salt. For all those clambering to say "oh yeah that confirms what we all knew about Rodgers" i'm sure you either didn't notice or just dismissed all of the comments from Luis Suarez about him.

An ego the size of the hole in our defence, har fucking har, Rodgers deserves far more respect on here than he gets. I bet all of you were queing up to wax lyrical about having the best fans in the world after the 4-3 over Dortmund. Load of bollocks that's been exposed time and time again over recent years culminating in the shite that was thrown at Rodgers towards the end of his tenure.

I rated Danny Agger and he seems a top red, albeit another "one of us" or "legend" that hasn't got a trophy to his name.

Agger doesn't seem like the kind of guy to hold grudges to me (although, come to think of it, Torres might disagree :) )

However, he always seems to answer honestly when asked questions by the press. So far he's pretty much kept his mouth shut, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have said anything unless asked directly.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 06:53:31 am by mikenielsen »

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3365 on: July 24, 2016, 05:45:19 am »

Seems to me he just gave an honest answer, why do you have an issue with that?

As for respect for Rodgers, you are happy enough to dismiss Agger's service and givd him little respect (nice little dig you had there). Maybe take some of your own advice. If you have a problem with other fans' view of Rodgers, take aim there as opposed to having a pop at a player you have absolutely no reason to disbelieve.
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3366 on: July 24, 2016, 05:52:18 am »
Authority is an interesting concept. In my experience, the most authoritarian of managers are usually the most insecure. IF Klopp/Shankly said something and the players did exactly what he asked them to, but the other team kept creating chances, I don't think they would be having a go at the players. Instead, they would be making tactical amendments. Rodgers instead was blaming the two defenders there despite them following his instructions. Doesn't matter if it's Klopp or Shankly, but if a manager does that, they will quickly lose the respect of the player. It's a hyper-competitive environment and managers succeed by being fair, and not by lumping the blame on someone else and relying on their authority for players to not speak up.

Agree. Paisley was a master of correction. And Shankly knew when he got things wrong or clung on to players too long. Also, if Shankly - or Paisley - made a mistake the players would trust them to get it right again so nothing would be said either way.

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #3367 on: July 24, 2016, 08:10:30 am »
My best agger moment was his goal against Chelsea in semi finals.
First leg Drogba gave him a torrid time and for him to bounce back and score that goal. Boom as klopp would say

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: July 24, 2016, 08:24:26 am »

It might not be the CL, but he's won trophies for us - definitely the League Cup under Kenny and I'm 90% sure he was around for the FA Cup under Rafa?

That whole team must go down as the best for Liverpool not to win one of the big two, from Reina through to Agger and Carragher to Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso and Torres - one of the strongest spines of a team in history. (Let's ignore the wide areas...).

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: July 25, 2016, 12:58:51 pm »
Seems to me he just gave an honest answer, why do you have an issue with that?

As for respect for Rodgers, you are happy enough to dismiss Agger's service and givd him little respect (nice little dig you had there). Maybe take some of your own advice. If you have a problem with other fans' view of Rodgers, take aim there as opposed to having a pop at a player you have absolutely no reason to disbelieve.
nothing against Agger at all, like I said he has always seemed a top bloke and a red though and through. My issue is people pouncing on this interview and using it as an excuse to lay into Rodgers again. Players come out with stories like this all the time and usually, as with anything, there is another side to the story. It's not like they've been queuing up to slag Brendan off, Gerrard and Suarez for example have been incredibly complimentary.

At the end of the day we're talking about an incident that happened in March 2014. Our manager, heralded all round as a top prospect doing a fantastic job in sticking us right in the midst of a title challenge, had a falling out at half time with an out of form centre half in a game we conceded 3 goals in at home. If this story came out then, then nobody would give a shite and rightly so. It's laying the boot in 2 years later on the strength of one person's account. I don't disbelieve Agger but I also believe that any professional athlete probably wouldn't take too kindly to getting a bollocking at half time. I believe it probably hurts your pride knowing your body has had it and your time is running out at the top level. I believe that the players who were a part of the title charge that season wouldn't have been in that position if we had a manager who was incapable of keeping a dressing room happy. In fact our spirit that season was largely the reason why we were competing in the first place. Then again, it was all because of Suarez, Suarez FC, amirite lads?

It's football, fallings out happen, I don't think it's worthy of two pages of slating a guy who gave us one of our most exciting seasons in 20 odd years.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:59:48 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3370 on: July 26, 2016, 01:10:27 pm »

It's football, fallings out happen, I don't think it's worthy of two pages of slating a guy who gave us one of our most exciting seasons in 20 odd years.
Agree with you. My only issue was your original post basically turned it round to have a pop at Agger, complete with sly dig at the end.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3371 on: July 26, 2016, 01:45:45 pm »
Daniel Agger played less games for us in his first five years with the club than Harry kewell. HIs body clearly could not take the demands of Premier League football. When he signed his final contract with the club it was interesting to see how many games he played compared to beforehand and ultimately I believe that played a significant part in his time with the club ending and ultimately his career.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3372 on: July 26, 2016, 01:52:41 pm »
Daniel Agger played less games for us in his first five years with the club than Harry kewell. HIs body clearly could not take the demands of Premier League football. When he signed his final contract with the club it was interesting to see how many games he played compared to beforehand and ultimately I believe that played a significant part in his time with the club ending and ultimately his career.

If you've read the interviews, it's clear that he was having all sorts of problems. His body couldn't take huge doses of painkillers, that's for sure.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3373 on: September 22, 2016, 11:03:11 pm »

Probably posted before - but still worth a watch - all of Agger's goals for Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4yPrlPnvKx8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4yPrlPnvKx8</a>

^ or www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yPrlPnvKx8

The lad who does these videos also has 'all the goals' content for Suarez, Torres, Bellamy, Garcia, Maxi, Benayoun and erm... Babel -

www.youtube.com/channel/UCcE_Lq_UaQB6nvRYSkDXrZg/videos

« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 02:09:10 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: October 12, 2016, 03:18:04 pm »
Got himself a couple of nice, new tattoos.

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #3375 on: October 12, 2016, 04:28:31 pm »
Got himself a couple of nice, new tattoos.

Just seen a clip on FB of him getting them done, the guy from Miami Ink did them and they are talking about his YNWA tattoo aswell, I'm not sure if it was for a tattoo tv show or something, he said me misses the club but misses the City aswell.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3376 on: October 12, 2016, 04:58:18 pm »
Just seen a clip on FB of him getting them done, the guy from Miami Ink did them and they are talking about his YNWA tattoo aswell, I'm not sure if it was for a tattoo tv show or something, he said me misses the club but misses the City aswell.

He owns a company with Ami James (Miami Ink guy) and a few others called Tattoodo. It was content for their social media.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3377 on: October 12, 2016, 11:28:56 pm »
Dagger was my favourite player when he was at the club, you could tell it wasn't just a paycheck for him. Hope it all goes well for him now he's done with football.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3378 on: October 13, 2016, 03:58:10 pm »
i wouldn't mind him coming here as a defender coach in the future. He truly loves this club.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3379 on: October 13, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »
will need to cut his teeth elsewhere first but wouldn't be a bad idea in theory

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3380 on: October 16, 2016, 12:24:01 am »
What a fucking Legend!

Offline bissozwei

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3381 on: October 24, 2016, 10:11:53 pm »
i wouldn't mind him coming here as a defender coach in the future. He truly loves this club.

He won't. He's stated on numerous occasions that he is done with football entirely.

Offline astrid

• Main Stander
« Reply #3382 on: October 27, 2016, 09:30:23 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/S9jwH9tMKec" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/S9jwH9tMKec</a>
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:12:17 pm by jackh »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3383 on: October 28, 2016, 09:11:53 am »
He's one of us.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3384 on: December 30, 2017, 05:31:00 am »
https://twitter.com/indaklopp/status/946900540935598080

Klopptomaniac‏ @indaklopp
Just met Daniel Agger at a concert in Denmark.. his t-shirt says: im from Liverpool you ‘sl** wh***’.. (Danish rap lyrics) #YNWA #LFC #LFCFamily

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3385 on: January 7, 2018, 10:24:52 pm »
Remember when Dani said no to Barca?

One of my favorite players, shame his career didn't last longer

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3386 on: January 12, 2018, 01:21:14 pm »
Signed for us today 12 years ago. Still my most favourite Liverpool center half. Told Barca and City to do one by tattooing YNWA on his knuckles.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3387 on: January 12, 2018, 05:00:52 pm »
Legendary character.  The welcome back for Fernando when we blanked them right after that transfer was nearly enough to wash away the H&G depression that was tainting my enjoyment of the club.  Leader and not afraid to be himself.  Heard he's living in Spain and working with ink, good for him. 
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3388 on: January 12, 2018, 07:34:20 pm »
Currently makes the 20-man Liverpool squad I'm taking to Mars in 2050.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #3389 on: January 13, 2018, 01:06:42 am »
Good lad.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3390 on: January 14, 2018, 02:58:20 pm »
Currently makes the 20-man Liverpool squad I'm taking to Mars in 2050.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #3391 on: February 15, 2018, 08:55:34 pm »
Dagger has shown up to our training camp today. There are photos knocking about of him and Klopp and chatting to Hendo.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/964236423477059584?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E0

Love that guy...and he loves us!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3392 on: February 15, 2018, 09:36:51 pm »
New defensive coach yay!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3393 on: February 16, 2018, 07:32:31 am »
He's cool as fuck, and a true red.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3394 on: February 16, 2018, 09:28:35 am »
New defensive coach yay!

He's passing on valuable tips, such as:
1. To defend like a god, you have to be as cool as Daniel Agger.
2. If you are Daniel Agger, you will defend like a god.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3395 on: February 16, 2018, 09:37:02 am »
Dagger has shown up to our training camp today. There are photos knocking about of him and Klopp and chatting to Hendo.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/964236423477059584?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E0

Love that guy...and he loves us!

Saw that on the LFC site. Wasn't too sure who it was at first.

Doesn't look out of place in the squad, does he?

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #3396 on: February 16, 2018, 12:58:10 pm »
Still only 33, unbelievable! He deserved a much better career than what his body allowed him, could've been one of the very best.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #3397 on: February 20, 2018, 08:45:50 pm »
Still only 33, unbelievable! He deserved a much better career than what his body allowed him, could've been one of the very best.

Agreed. A big shame but he was just one of those players. Like big Andy and Sturridge, just an injury round the corner. Shame.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: February 20, 2018, 09:57:15 pm »
Agreed. A big shame but he was just one of those players. Like big Andy and Sturridge, just an injury round the corner. Shame.

Easily in my "if you could spend one night out on the booze with a semi-recent LFC player...." top 3 along with JAR (I'd work up the courage to see if his left quad is like 15x the size of his right peg, as suspected) and.........Xabi Alonso?  Although it would be a bit silly getting hammered on Carlsberg's (message discipline people!) in Tuxedos, as I don't think Xabi wakes up everyday fully suited and booted.

The work day is nearly done, feel my boredom.  Dagger was class and would be a fun dude to hang with in Sunny Spain. 

Edit- Fabio Aurelio and Dagger were contemporaries that reeked of class and had trouble staying healthy.  I'm really really bored
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #3399 on: February 21, 2018, 03:18:01 am »
Easily in my "if you could spend one night out on the booze with a semi-recent LFC player...." top 3 along with JAR (I'd work up the courage to see if his left quad is like 15x the size of his right peg, as suspected) and.........Xabi Alonso?  Although it would be a bit silly getting hammered on Carlsberg's (message discipline people!) in Tuxedos, as I don't think Xabi wakes up everyday fully suited and booted.

The work day is nearly done, feel my boredom.  Dagger was class and would be a fun dude to hang with in Sunny Spain. 

Edit- Fabio Aurelio and Dagger were contemporaries that reeked of class and had trouble staying healthy. I'm really really bored

Id have never guessed ;D You say Dagger would be fun to hang out with in Spain. What happens if he's at home in Denmark, or do you live in Spain or do you just want to holiday with him :)

As for JAR thigh sizes, you could be onto something here. My left calf is a 1/4 or so bigger than my right. That was down to a few years of skateboarding. Not doing your halfpipes and whatnot. I used to skate everywhere, just used it to get from A-B. So if that didnt that do my calf, then maybe footballers natural peg is slightly bigger?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.