Author Topic: PTS Questions  (Read 2237 times)

Offline LFC_4_EVA

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Red All Over The Land
PTS Questions
« on: December 21, 2001, 07:26:46 pm »
Few questions about the PTS.

1. How would a become a PTS Member?

2. Is there a waiting list like for season tickets?

3. How much is it?

4. How many tickets per match will it allow me?

5. How would i order the tickets, like does it have to be in person, or can it be by phone?

6. Does it gaurentee me tickets for every match?

7. Would i be able to join the PTS half way through a season (i.e Now) for either full or cut price?

Hope you can answer these, cheers.
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Offline Dave_W

• Left abruptly during the cheese course
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PTS Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 07:58:09 pm »
OK...

1.  It started midway through last season.  10,000 members and 5,00 tickets available.  During the summer all PTS members were asked if they wanted to continue.  Presumably some said no and these were then offered to others (but no idea how that worked).

2.  Apparently so, though no idea how it works or how big it is - suggest you ring the people that administer the scheme and get them to confirm things one way or the other.  If anyone knows any more about this could they post below  Ta

3.  £36 for the year - supposedly £26 for Official Supporters Club membership and then a tenner on top for PTS membership.

4.  One - though you can apply with a mate's PTS at the same time as you get your own ticket and get a ticket with their membership no as well, i.e. get two together (up to four tickets with four memberships I think).

5.  Special phone number available and can also apply by post.  Phone is much better and more likely to get a result.

6.  In theory no - there's 5000 tickets and 10000 members hence a 50% chance.  In practice if you phone at 9.15 on the morning they go on sale you wont miss out.

7.  No - keep an eye out on the official site site during the summer for announcements about any memberships becoming available.

Hope that helps.

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 08:02:51 pm »
The scheme was introduced half way thru the 2000/2001 season and initially there was a lowish take-up. There are 10000 members who apply for 5000 tickets per home league match.

It was so easy to get tickets for the first season that word got round that it was a good idea to join for the 2001/ 2002 season and so all places are now taken for this season

You pay £10 on top of the mandatory membership of the Official Supporters Club. i.e. £35 approx

This season was advertised as a 'lottery'. In theory all 10000 could apply for tickets and 5000 would be drawn. In practice it is first come first served until the ticket run out.

Big games sell out very quick. Some dont sell out at all. From experience I have found that telephone applications are far more reliable than postals and you get a better choice of seat. But even the best Kop seats are on the edges and corners.

Keep your eye out for next season as I expect some members this season will drop out for next. That said all current members will be invited to re-apply before any spaces are offered. But will the scheme still be around in its present form next season. Who knows?

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2001, 07:56:03 pm »
OK...

During the summer all PTS members were asked if they wanted to continue.  Presumably some said no and these were then offered to others (but no idea how that worked).

I was in the scheme last season, and I sent my renewal form back the day I received it hoping to continue!

But the TO being the TO, for some reason they did not renew me and I was furious. But if you apply for league games as I do (send a postal application 1st class the day before the 1st day of sale) you should be OK for tickets. Ive been to every league game this season via this method, and I'm glad im not in the PTS because of this!]

I'm still on the ST list though! Sent a letter to the TO asking where I was on the list. They replied:

"You are currently on the waiting list for a season ticket"

I already knew that!  ???

Best advice I could give about the PTS is avoid it and apply normally via post (and ticketmaster @ offal site to be sure!)

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2001, 08:21:21 pm »
Avoiding the PTS is bad advice- sorry to disagree with you.

Join if you can. It is £35 per person for piece of mind for 19 home tickets.

Offline Liverpool 25

• FORUM CHEF
  • Kopite
  • The Peoples' Republic Of Liverpool
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2001, 07:24:48 am »
Roger, im sure youve just echoed Dave...
WE ARE THE KOPITES, WE ALL WENT TO ROME...WE ALL WENT TO WEST HAM WHILE THE ROAD END STAYED AT HOME!

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2001, 03:51:18 pm »
Avoiding the PTS is bad advice- sorry to disagree with you.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion mate. No need for apologies :)

I just hope nobody gets fucked about like I did!

Offline Dave_W

• Left abruptly during the cheese course
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2001, 08:35:39 pm »
Basically, the PTS is a scheme to charge you £35 for what is supposed to be a 50/50 chance of getting a ticket for home league games (unless you would've joined the OLSC anyway  ???).  

In practice, it's pretty much 100% if you can spend time on the phone on the first morning they go on sale.  Some think this another way of the club fleecing us of yet more cash, others are happy to pay their cash and get their tickets....

I also understand, having talked to someone at the Arsenal match about it, that there IS a waiting list even for PTS membership!  No doubt the TO would be happy to confirm this if you if can be bothered to ring them up and wait several hours!!

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2001, 09:28:00 pm »
I've used PTS for all home games since it started and always got my ticket.

My personal opinion is that the scheme is not over subscribed by those that try to attend every game. I reckon quite a few people that go to maybe 5-10 games a year signed up, so that they would have less hassle getting tickets when they needed them. Therefore there are nearly always tickets available no matter who the opposition.

For one game, I was on holiday when the date for applying came round. I thought I would have no chance of a ticket but when I phoned through for the next game (on the next PTS application date) I asked about the former game and was told that they still had tickets available and were able to send me the tickets for the two games (sorry if that sounds a bit complicated).

Generally I don't bother to phone through on the first day of sale as you will usually end up on the phone for 20-50 minutes (and that's after 40 attempts to get through). I wait until two days later and get through much quicker and only have to spend about 5 minutes on the phone. By then the Kop tickets are mostly gone (then again, I've found them to be crap seats behind the corner flag or worse) but still single tickets for anywhere else.

It's similar to a season ticket except you may not get to sit where you want and it only is useful for home league games. I'm wondering why it can't be extended to cup games, especially as they can see on their computers which games you have applied for in the past (would save having to send in stubs)?

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2001, 09:48:36 pm »
Yep Steve. You echo my experience. Kop tickets are nearly always the edge seats and they sell out very quick. I guess it is the occassional punter ( your 3 or 4 game a season type)that the scheme is catering for. However if you go to every game the scheme still works a treat. I got central tickets behind the Anfield Rd goal for Southampton 4 days after they went on sale.

;)

Offline davemac

• Anny Roader
  • Hurrah for the jesters
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2001, 12:12:41 am »
have got kop tickets for all 4 games ive tried for but i think they should make it postal only as the phone for some games eg mancs took ages - s'ton i got through after 2 hits of redial but still had to wait 50 mins to get tickets as they appeared to have fewer people working that day - ie i started at 20 in the queue but it took longer than when i started at 40 for a different game

works well - i have save d a fortune on flights because of it

also, ive got the same seats in the kop for 3 of the matches - almost like a st - (only a few years to go)
and remember folks - WE ARE LIVERPOOL

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2001, 02:04:34 am »
It was postal only last season, and I didn't encounter any problems. The only problem was that the fucked up my renewal!