Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Liverpool preview  (Read 10129 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Crystal Palace v Liverpool preview
« Reply #40 on: December 8, 2023, 10:49:44 am »
Turn up. Win however. Go top of the league and get home. Sounds like a decent plan to me.

Palace have been pretty shit recently, but we know they will put a shift in against us, and their ground is a pretty hostile place. We need to quieten them down early doors. Pretty sure Nunez starts this after the midweek rest, and I reckon Endo keeps his spot after a really tidy game against Sheff United. I think Jones will start this one rather than Gravenberch in replacement of McAllister. Tsimikas back in - Gomez looked uncomfortable at left back.

I suppose one option is to start Gomez at right back and put Trent directly in midfield to replace McAllister (if deffo out) ?

I was thinking about Trent in midfield too.

Gomez staying at RB though.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: December 8, 2023, 10:55:30 am »
Start Gravenberch and Elliott

Get at them right from the off and overwhelm them

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #42 on: December 8, 2023, 11:18:05 am »
Start Gravenberch and Elliott

Get at them right from the off and overwhelm them

In place of ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #43 on: December 8, 2023, 11:36:37 am »
Endo, Elliot, Gravenberch, give MacAllister the weekend off and leave Dom on the bench. Gapko, Nunez and Salah up top. Gomez out for Kostas.
JFT97

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 8, 2023, 11:38:31 am »
In place of ?

I’d rest Szoboszlai, the lad must be fucking exhausted. Keep Endo in the side, he’s earned it. MacAllister could do with a rest to to be honest, especially after getting the shit kicked out of him in the last game. That midfield is more than enough to beat Palace

Offline soaboutthisSaurez

• Stegosaurez? Tyrannosaurez?
  • Main Stander
« Reply #45 on: December 8, 2023, 11:42:55 am »
MacAllister could do with a rest to to be honest, especially after getting the shit kicked out of him in the last game. That midfield is more than enough to beat Palace
He's out

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #46 on: December 8, 2023, 11:44:45 am »
Endo/Gravenberch/Szoboszlai for me. Don't want too much change across the team, everyone can rest in midweek and Palace don't have the same depth/quality we have and are also playing a rare 3 game week.

Tsimikas probably returns and hopefully Alisson is ready. Hopefully not tested much by a bang average Palace attack.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 8, 2023, 11:50:47 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WKc540yBEgk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WKc540yBEgk</a>

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #49 on: December 8, 2023, 12:01:28 pm »
Sounds like Macca could be out for a few games.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #50 on: December 8, 2023, 12:28:19 pm »
Does anyone know where there wasn't a 1230 kick-off last weekend?

We played Thursday night, so we were obviously ruled out, but surely some else could have played in that slot? If Sky/TNT are so desperate for a 1230 game, why isn't there one every week? Why only when Liverpool seem to be available?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #51 on: December 8, 2023, 12:30:16 pm »
Can't wait for the relentless, endless, boring ass drone of their support. Throw in that dumb ass with the drum and job done. Sound off for this one!

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 8, 2023, 12:32:02 pm »

We played Thursday night, so we were obviously ruled out, but surely some else could have played in that slot? If Sky/TNT are so desperate for a 1230 game, why isn't there one every week? Why only when Liverpool seem to be available?
If you play in the champions league/European football the Wednesday before you don't have to play the 1230 and one of Newcastle or Manchester United had. When the clubs/PL last agreed on the TV deal they didn't put it in for Internationals or normal midweek games. Maybe they have this time but I doubt it.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #53 on: December 8, 2023, 02:01:49 pm »
Reading what was said it sounds like Alisson is a possible for tomorrow.

Even if he doesn’t make this game, that sounds positive for next week
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
« Reply #54 on: December 8, 2023, 03:05:26 pm »

There were two games in the evening instead. Forest Everton at 5.30pm and Newcastle United 8.00pm.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #55 on: December 8, 2023, 04:02:19 pm »
This could be a slog.

Weather looks horrific and early kick off.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #56 on: December 8, 2023, 04:33:29 pm »
There were two games in the evening instead. Forest Everton at 5.30pm and Newcastle United 8.00pm.

Right, so we could play tomorrow night then as well? I'm with Klopp, we seem to be getting shafted with these early kick-offs.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2023, 04:42:54 pm by kasperoff »
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 8, 2023, 04:40:27 pm »
Right, so we could play tomorrow night then as well? I'm with Klopp, we seem to be getting shafted with there early kick-offs.
tbf its obvious that our games at 12-30 are getting the biggest worldwide viewing figures thats why we are continuously being shown at the  peak time in the middle east

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #58 on: December 8, 2023, 04:48:16 pm »
Then given we seem to be a cash-cow, you'd expect us to be somewhat of a golden child. Instead we get fucked-over by the FA, PGMoL and the PL every chance they get. Then when we get someone injured after getting flogged with shitty kick-off times, we get told to suck-it-up.

Getting trolled essentially.

Anyhow, let's get this done and go top of the league. Hopefully everyone stays fit.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 8, 2023, 05:28:44 pm »
Win and go top of league, what more incentive is there.

Jones in for Mac I imagine, Nunez in for Gakpo. Maybe Tsimikas back in too.

I’d start Elliott personally too.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #60 on: December 8, 2023, 06:02:21 pm »
I was thinking about Trent in midfield too.

Gomez staying at RB though.

It has that feel of injuries providing an opportune moment to put trent in midfield as his primary position.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #61 on: December 8, 2023, 06:37:41 pm »
Thanks for the OP Yorky. Unlike a lot here I think this is going to be tough. The only reason is that I think we’ll find it hard to break down a packed defence. It may be an option to play Gomez as he is fast and can quickly get back to snuff out any counter attacks.

I also think that Elliott would be a good option as he is good against a packed defence.

I think Wataru should play as he needs more game time to show what he can do.

Hopefully we win easily.
#JFT97

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #62 on: December 8, 2023, 06:44:58 pm »
My issue with Elliott can be his lack of physicality and he would start over Dom.

Offline lucid-tentacles

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Living for the moment
« Reply #63 on: December 8, 2023, 07:09:10 pm »
Personally I'd like to see Quansah given a chance at cb especially as Palace have scored less goals than Sheffield utd
I don't mind waitin', don't mind waitin'
Cause no matter how long it takes
All of us know
That it's getting better
Growing stronger, warm and wilder
Getting better everyday,

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #64 on: December 8, 2023, 07:12:42 pm »
Personally I'd like to see Quansah given a chance at cb especially as Palace have scored less goals than Sheffield utd

I am all for promoting youth but we have a chance to go top tomorrow.

It’s our third game in 7 days so we just need to go and get it done.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2023, 07:15:46 pm by Nick110581 »

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #65 on: December 8, 2023, 07:20:33 pm »
Doesn't need to be any huge rotation tomorrow. The game on Thursday is a dead rubber and the next league match is eight days away.

Bring Tsimikas back in, keep Ibou at centre half, and just bring in one of Gravenberch or Jones for AMA. Two wide men pick themselves and I think Nunez will start. Should be relatively fresh given it's the 3rd game in a week.

The schedule from now until the new year is good, no complaints. As noted above the last Euro game is a dead rubber, and the next league match isn't for another eight days. Beyond that it's another three games in a week long period with West Ham/Arsenal/Burnley, not easy, but then it's another five days until the Newcastle game which is practically unheard of that time of year. Win tomorrow and excitement for that period will be off the charts.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 8, 2023, 07:31:26 pm »
Quansah alongside the best CB in the world please. Gomez and Konate played full games on wednesday and with their injury histories and with Joel's injury we need to mitigate the risk of another injury at CB. Quansah has the perfect combination of confidence and temperament to get the job done a la his MOM performance at Wolves.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 8, 2023, 07:46:55 pm »
Fantastic write up yorky, thank you.

The MF choice is the big one isn't it? I'm expecting a small rest for Mac Allister due to his knee, so does Harvey or Curtis start or is it Endo starting for the first time with both Gravenberch and Szoboszlai.

My heart says 0-3, its such a lovely, familiar result now for me.
My head says 1-4, we might concede while battering them.
My William Hill account says 0-2, exercise caution against a shithouse managers team.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 8, 2023, 07:47:19 pm »
Given the way we fared against Luton and Sheffield Utd, I'm not taking any result for granted - even from a Hodgson team playing with one eye blind and one hand broken.

Strangle the game, overpower them, hit them hard and show no mercy. Expect no protection from the referee, so rotate the squad well and use the subs to guard against cards and injuries.

Standard stuff. I'll take a no frills win.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 8, 2023, 09:37:57 pm »
Always a tough game ar Palace, or at least it seems to be.  Maybe 3 changes from midweek but need to start well for a change and get this wrapped up as soon as.  Is a two goal lead at half time too much to ask?
We are Loyal Supporters

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #70 on: December 8, 2023, 09:54:52 pm »
Thanks for the OP Yorky

This should be another good opportunity to improve our away record. Expect it’ll prove to be a similar slog to the last game though.

Was surprised neither Jones or Elliott started against Sheff Utd, but given we’ve lost Mac Allister now at least one must start tomorrow.

Would be a real bonus if Alisson was back but we should still have enough to get the 3 points one way or another.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 8, 2023, 10:30:05 pm »
This will be tough...really tough.

You know Palace will have no concern just sitting all 10 men behind the ball and playing for the 0-0.

The worst scenario will be giving them chances on the break like we seem to be giving everyone these days - including an awful Sheffield Utd team.

0-0 or 1-0 (Salah)...it ain't going to be pretty.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 8, 2023, 11:24:26 pm »
Great OP Yorky.
Excited for this. Will be interesting how the midfield is rotated for this with Mac Allister out

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #73 on: December 8, 2023, 11:49:09 pm »
Something has to give here. We've gotten the games over the line lately but haven't looked good. So do Palace start turning around their fortunes or do we start getting back to the performances we know this team can deliver. If we're playing Endo then Jones and Elliott would do for me as partners. Ideally I'd do Endo/Jones/Gravy but both Jones/Gravy like the LCM role more than the right or at least seem more at home there. Should be Endo/Jones regardless. Need the 3 points here, expecting it. Up the Reds!

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #74 on: December 9, 2023, 12:35:00 am »
A win would be utopia.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 9, 2023, 12:41:19 am »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #76 on: December 9, 2023, 12:58:11 am »
Another shit kick off time.

Yay
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 9, 2023, 01:47:47 am »
tbf its obvious that our games at 12-30 are getting the biggest worldwide viewing figures thats why we are continuously being shown at the  peak time in the middle east

of course - Hong Kong, Singapore, Jakarta, Malaysia, Australia - hundreds of Millions want to watch us. Klopps's point is it should be 1. Fairer (we've had 13 this year, compared to most clubs with 1 or 2), and 2. Fairer to the players welfare; so for example have the 12:30 game for teams that have had a week to prepare and not when players are making 12 hour flights back from overseas 2 days before.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 9, 2023, 02:48:04 am »
Something has to give here. We've gotten the games over the line lately but haven't looked good. So do Palace start turning around their fortunes or do we start getting back to the performances we know this team can deliver. If we're playing Endo then Jones and Elliott would do for me as partners. Ideally I'd do Endo/Jones/Gravy but both Jones/Gravy like the LCM role more than the right or at least seem more at home there. Should be Endo/Jones regardless. Need the 3 points here, expecting it. Up the Reds!
My preference is close to yours (Jones Szobo and Grav). Wouldn't start Szoboslai? Or is that just because you think he needs rest so rotating?

Hopefully this is quite handy timing of this fixture given our squad is much better equipped than theirs to handle little rest, and theres fan unrest to make things difficcult for them (as long as we avoid a start that unites them)

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 9, 2023, 04:06:54 am »
Matchday! Let’s get another 3 points!  :wave
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.