Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2099795 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #16120 on: March 24, 2021, 11:17:49 am »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #16121 on: March 24, 2021, 02:18:30 pm »
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16122 on: March 24, 2021, 09:49:31 pm »
Hoping those 12 games I went on last season mean I’m in the guaranteed sales for next season..!

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #16123 on: March 25, 2021, 07:15:53 am »
Hoping those 12 games I went on last season mean I’m in the guaranteed sales for next season..!

Yep. 12 months this has kept me awake. Hopefully we will find out soon.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16124 on: March 25, 2021, 08:15:49 am »
Whatever happens people will be pissed off. Personally think they'll use the 18/19 season myself.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #16125 on: March 25, 2021, 09:16:33 am »
Nah just the 10% off the club store for Ł26.99...

Was worth it for the Ł75 in store discounts you can get from that 10%

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16126 on: March 25, 2021, 09:17:04 am »
Interesting they're also offering a one-year holiday for next season for STs. I assume those seats would go on general sale unless they say STs can nominate someone to take it.

Should extend that offer to members credits...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16127 on: March 25, 2021, 09:45:48 am »
Was worth it for the Ł75 in store discounts you can get from that 10%

Mine told me I'd spent over my limit for the year when I tried. It was something like a Ł300 limit, I didn't even know there was a limit but there's no way I've spent that in the last year!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16128 on: March 25, 2021, 09:53:26 am »
Mine told me I'd spent over my limit for the year when I tried. It was something like a Ł300 limit, I didn't even know there was a limit but there's no way I've spent that in the last year!

The limit is now Ł75 discount per membership

However, lets say you have Ł10 left of that balance... you have to buy something under Ł100 for it to apply, if you spend over Ł100, it doesn't just knock off the remaining amount you have it just doesn't let you

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16129 on: March 25, 2021, 12:45:58 pm »
Whatever happens people will be pissed off. Personally think they'll use the 18/19 season myself.

That would be stupid, unfair, and a complete disregard of fan loyalty.

So it will probably happen

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16130 on: March 25, 2021, 12:46:44 pm »
Oh, we're arguing about the TO's ticket policies again.

Life starting to resemble normality?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16131 on: March 25, 2021, 01:02:35 pm »

But they only took 18/19 into account when they allowed fans in this season.  So I think they will do the same and ignore what happened last season.

Offline loveisreal

• manloveisrealtoo. Takin' Bascombe to taskombe.
  • Kopite
« Reply #16132 on: March 25, 2021, 02:01:16 pm »
I'm hoping for something like...  20 games from 2018/19 and 2019/20, or 12+ games from either 2018/19 and 2019/20...  basically just on the selfish basis that i got 12 the first year and 11 the second.  I do actually think there's a case to be made for considering loyalty over the two seasons, but I guess everyone is going to hope something that works for them. 

Can see next season potentially being a 'loyalty free' one, just as they announced last year, which should make access to tickets much easier, especially given that some STs may elect not to take theirs up, and likelihood of travel restrictions limiting international access etc.  who knows, but fun to speculate wildly again  :)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16133 on: March 25, 2021, 02:11:51 pm »
But they only took 18/19 into account when they allowed fans in this season.  So I think they will do the same and ignore what happened last season.

How can you ignore what was a full season bar 4 games?

Would be absolute madness

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #16134 on: March 25, 2021, 02:12:40 pm »

Because it suits you?

No matter what season they choose, people are going to lose out.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16135 on: March 25, 2021, 02:12:56 pm »
I'm hoping for something like...  20 games from 2018/19 and 2019/20, or 12+ games from either 2018/19 and 2019/20...  basically just on the selfish basis that i got 12 the first year and 11 the second.  I do actually think there's a case to be made for considering loyalty over the two seasons, but I guess everyone is going to hope something that works for them. 

Would be ok with that.

13 last season, 12 season before.

You can't just ignore the fact I attended 13 games last season.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16136 on: March 25, 2021, 02:13:49 pm »
Because it suits you?

No matter what season they choose, people are going to lose out.

Pick a season, any season.

Fuck loyalty from a title winning season.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #16137 on: March 25, 2021, 02:15:17 pm »
Pick a season, any season.

Fuck loyalty from a title winning season.
The league season was curtailed early and would fuck the credit situation entirely.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16138 on: March 25, 2021, 02:17:34 pm »
The league season was curtailed early and would fuck the credit situation entirely.

It was 4 games ffs.

You cannot just pretend that people didnt attend the other 15.

If you do, then that is a flagrant disregard for fan loyalty, plain and simple. A statement which you objected to, but which is fact.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #16139 on: March 25, 2021, 02:36:24 pm »
There'll be a magic number for credits somewhere from within the 19/20 season I'm sure. Everyone wants it to benefit them, hopefully they choose a fair way to do things.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16140 on: March 25, 2021, 03:11:52 pm »

Can see next season potentially being a 'loyalty free' one, just as they announced last year, which should make access to tickets much easier, especially given that some STs may elect not to take theirs up, and likelihood of travel restrictions limiting international access etc.  who knows, but fun to speculate wildly again  :)

But then which season would they use for sales for 2022/23? The argument would start again and we'd be looking at using credits from 3 or 4 years previous! ;D I do think they could allow members the one year credit holiday like they've offered STs as there are bound to be people who still feel unsafe or have other reasons for needing a year out, but I can see it would cause major issues for working out the following season's credits.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #16141 on: March 25, 2021, 03:48:05 pm »
Most people who could have bought in the 13+ sale for last season will have taken all the games that were available to them, I think only Villa went to a full members sale?
That means that most will likely have a minimum of 14 games attended already. That threshold has been set by the club for a number of seasons and it's not something they should just be able to ignore because some members may have been able to get up to the magical 13.
It is hard on the members who are on 9+ from last season and another tier of sales should be considered for all those in that group IMO.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #16142 on: March 25, 2021, 04:30:54 pm »
I think we are all thinking about this too much. The Ticket Office wouldn't use 18/19 and 19/20 for UCL games next season just because we only had 4 games in 18/19. It's the same situation when we have 15 rather than 19 league games. The 13+ mark has always matched the number of games that new members could theoretically buy plus 1, in order to stop new members from getting to the top of the ladder straight away. Therefore if the same logic is used for 19/20 the limit would be 11 (15 games and 5 of those were in the 4+ sales: City, United, Everton, Spurs and Arsenal). The idea that people will miss out if we use 19/20 credits instead of 18/19 is only true for those who were on 9/10 (and had tickets for the last 3/4 games) for 19/20, but 13+ for 18/19. This won't apply to many people as only 1 of the games with fans that season wasn't guaranteed for 13+ members- therefore those 13+ members would have had to miss at least 4 other games that they were guaranteed tickets to. Finally, I think the reason that 18/19 credits were used for Wolves, Spurs and West Brom was that people who had got onto the top ladder the previous season had not done fan update (clearly it is very important that the club knew who was using those tickets).

• Kopite
« Reply #16143 on: March 25, 2021, 04:38:08 pm »
Anyway great to see we're all arguing about this again- life is starting to get back to normal.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16144 on: March 25, 2021, 07:09:20 pm »
I think we are all thinking about this too much. The Ticket Office wouldn't use 18/19 and 19/20 for UCL games next season just because we only had 4 games in 18/19. It's the same situation when we have 15 rather than 19 league games. The 13+ mark has always matched the number of games that new members could theoretically buy plus 1, in order to stop new members from getting to the top of the ladder straight away. Therefore if the same logic is used for 19/20 the limit would be 11 (15 games and 5 of those were in the 4+ sales: City, United, Everton, Spurs and Arsenal). The idea that people will miss out if we use 19/20 credits instead of 18/19 is only true for those who were on 9/10 (and had tickets for the last 3/4 games) for 19/20, but 13+ for 18/19. This won't apply to many people as only 1 of the games with fans that season wasn't guaranteed for 13+ members- therefore those 13+ members would have had to miss at least 4 other games that they were guaranteed tickets to. Finally, I think the reason that 18/19 credits were used for Wolves, Spurs and West Brom was that people who had got onto the top ladder the previous season had not done fan update (clearly it is very important that the club knew who was using those tickets).

Actually they may have to use games over two seasons as there could well be more people who qualify than tickets available due to them having to take into account UEFA tickets should we get to semi finals.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16145 on: March 26, 2021, 09:33:19 am »
All of this is a good excuse for the club to transition to a points based system that's been rumored for a few years

Would remove the separation between having different credit ladders for different competitions

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #16146 on: March 26, 2021, 10:30:21 am »
All of this is a good excuse for the club to transition to a points based system that's been rumored for a few years

Would remove the separation between having different credit ladders for different competitions

Out of curiosity how do you think that would work?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16147 on: March 26, 2021, 02:33:17 pm »
Ticket site is down for maintenance so something is happening!

https://ticketing.liverpoolfc.com/GenericErrors.html?aspxerrorpath=/default.aspx

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16148 on: March 26, 2021, 02:40:05 pm »
Out of curiosity how do you think that would work?

Transfer 'credits' into points, so for example each game gets you 100 points lets say across all cups
Then each game requires a set number of points to attend or be guaranteed

The issue is currently, you have people on 19 prem homes, 19 prem aways, every cup home but then cant get CL aways so never guaranteed a final ticket (I myself know 4 people in this situation)
So you have people doing upwards of 40 games a year across all comps not getting on the CL away ladder or final tickets, where as people doing 6 homes in the CL and 1 away getting a final ticket, or 6 cl homes and that's it then getting lucky in a ballot.

Lots of clubs use points, and they apply across all comps

Would piss a lot of people off initially especially those on the lower end of the ladder, but would make the credit ladder so much simpler going forward and would allow the ones who go to the most games home and away to get the tickets for other comps

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16149 on: March 26, 2021, 03:02:57 pm »
Ticket site is down for maintenance so something is happening!

https://ticketing.liverpoolfc.com/GenericErrors.html?aspxerrorpath=/default.aspx

Hopefully they are sorting out the login glitch and the countless other bugs it had.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16150 on: March 26, 2021, 03:07:42 pm »
And adding a dropdown seat selection box that works

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16151 on: March 26, 2021, 03:16:44 pm »
Transfer 'credits' into points, so for example each game gets you 100 points lets say across all cups

The issue is currently, you have people on 19 prem homes, 19 prem aways, every cup home but then cant get CL aways so never guaranteed a final ticket (I myself know 4 people in this situation)
So you have people doing upwards of 40 games a year across all comps not getting on the CL away ladder or final tickets, where as people doing 6 homes in the CL and 1 away getting a final ticket, or 6 cl homes and that's it then getting lucky in a ballot.

Would piss a lot of people off initially especially those on the lower end of the ladder, but would make the credit ladder so much simpler going forward and would allow the ones who go to the most games home and away to get the tickets for other comps

I've got friends who can only do league games for various reasons (and they accept that when it comes to cup finals), and others who are able to do league and cup. The current situation means they can get tickets together in the league but if you amalgamated them all they'd likely be on different points levels which would probably affect ticket buying going forward. I agree it would be simpler and it probably wouldn't affect me but you could see people not being happy if those who aren't doing cup games suddenly get priority for them. I think it works for some "smaller" clubs because the demand (and success or cup progression maybe) isn't there.

• Kopite
« Reply #16152 on: March 26, 2021, 03:29:38 pm »

A points systems for away games could work to give a feasible way of getting onto the away ladder for members (at the moment any away cup game has to go past around 25000 season ticket holders without credits if it ever gets to that stage). Also, it would mean less credit hunting for UCL- if you can't make the first game at the moment then you can't go to any of the European games for the rest of the season and could even drop off the ladder entirely if 2+ games are needed the following season to qualify for the first game.

However, the main issue with it is that it will give huge priority to those who attend league games. Some people only go to cup games because they can't afford to attend lots of games and at the moment the system supports them. Once you change the system, all these people will struggle to go to European games as those that attended a decent amount of league games will take priority.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16153 on: March 26, 2021, 04:24:09 pm »

Would definitely be a step in the right direction for me. Was going suggest such an idea until I saw your post about it.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16154 on: March 26, 2021, 04:24:51 pm »

100 points for Scunthorpe at home in the league cup and 100 points for Spartak Moscow away? Nah, they are not equal.

Spartak went to all ST, I think even all members, only 500ish went from the uk. Also the last time they did genuine proof of travel. Roma went to all ST, there have been opportunities.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 04:26:41 pm by Craig S »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16155 on: March 26, 2021, 07:38:11 pm »
Hopefully they are sorting out the login glitch and the countless other bugs it had.

Nope, still not fixed!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16156 on: March 27, 2021, 10:13:30 am »
I read in the Season Ticket email, they would be considering an 'opt out for a year'.
Any talk of this for members also?

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #16157 on: March 27, 2021, 04:20:40 pm »
I read in the Season Ticket email, they would be considering an 'opt out for a year'.
I think for Members and ST holders (cup games for ST only) if you were to opt out you’d be putting credits etc from whatever season(s) they apply to criteria for next season at serious risk. You can’t expect a Member with no credits from the upcoming 21/22 season to have the same eligibility as someone who, fingers crossed, goes to 19.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16158 on: March 27, 2021, 08:23:27 pm »

Was wondering about this to. As someone living in Cork and our vaccine rollout due to be complete in christ knows when I'm wondering what's the plan for the international supporter ?
At the moment there's no hope we can travel the first half of the season but if we take the season break from sales then can travel for the second half of the season we'll be  screwed for tickets for that. If I don't get over for another season I think i'll end up in the loony bin.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #16159 on: March 27, 2021, 09:35:54 pm »
Why don't you ask so it appears under the FAQs? Sure it affects quite a few.
We are a team of one half.