Author Topic: Champions League, Europa League, Conference League SF 2nd leg 7th-9th May  (Read 17504 times)

Online crewlove

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I think there were many shouts about our midfield in 21/22. I was one of them for sure. You generally need to refresh your squad every now and then, we really have not done that.

I can't stop laughing that supporting Real Madrid is not associated with any negative experiences. Their most recent lowest point is probably watching Hazard achieve lows and more lows. Going further back, probably not being able to advance to CL quarterfinals or whatever it was. Always something.

We don't know what would have happened if Marciniak hold the whistle but unfortunately he didn't. We have all the tools to make sure decisions are correct but it still not always helps unfortunately. Do not wish anybody bad but as a long-term Marciniak's enemy I'll gladly see something take him down a peg or two.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
No one is claiming we should have replaced the midfield after 21/22, the original post said the midfield rebuild should have started after 21/22. And yes, there were loads of people saying that. And yes, genuinely, Tchouameni at 6 in 22/23 would have made a colossal difference. We'd still have had Henderson in the team too often but it would have been night and day to have athleticism in the team at 6 that season. Remember, we've not actually changed the forward line or the defence this season and yet, for large portions of it, looked like a totally different team thanks to some extra midfielders, which shows the impact that a signing can have. Give us the elite athleticism and ball playing of a Tchouaemeni in 21/22 and who knows what would have happened. And of course this season put Tchouameni in this team alongside Mac and Szoboslai/Jones/Elliot/Grav and yes, we may well win the league.

For whatever reason there was an obsession, on here as much as with the club, with 'the right player'. It was the narrative in 20/21 with CBs and again in 21/22 with CMs. It ended up burning us badly with Bellingham last summer. For whatever reason we became so focussed on that that we left Klopp without the tools he needed on at least two occasions. The second time we were a genuinely mid table team in terms of results and performances for a significant part of the season until we pulled ourselves together for the last couple of months. How could a mid 80s team this season have been so bad last season? Because we fell asleep on the job and neglected the engine room for years.

Honestly, it's just fucking boring. Could we have signed more/better players in 2020 and 2022? Of course. But we didn't and people need to get over it. Yet there is a group of posters on here who instead like to bring it up pretty much every time they post, on any and every thread, regardless of how related it is. Here we are on a thread about semi-final games, in a tournament we weren't even in, discussing it.

The club/owners/coaches aren't going to get every decision right. Not every transfer window will be a success and not every season will go well. That's football, or at least that's how football should be. But no, people want to continue harking back to issues from four years ago, for no real reason other than just to shit on Liverpool. As I said, it's boring as fuck.

We're behind at half time? We should have signed a defender in 2020/2021. One of our rivals wins a match? We should have signed a midfielder in 2021/2022. Yawn, yawn, yawn.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2024, 12:53:25 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Bennett

• Legacy Fan
Real know exactly when to give Vinicius the ball, PSG midfield failed miserably in picking out Mbappe. Real will win the final comfortably.

I think that's partly down to game intelligence of Mbappe though. He calls for the ball in situations where he has no right to receive it and because the side is centred around him he usually receives it. Vinicius is far more part of the team fabric.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Honestly, it's just fucking boring. Could we have signed more/better players in 2020 and 2022? Of course. But we didn't and people need to get over it. Yet there is a group of posters on here who instead like to bring it up pretty much every time they post, on any and every thread, regardless of how related it is. Here we are on a thread about semi-final games, in a tournament we weren't even in, discussing it.

The club/owners/coaches aren't going to get every decision right. Not every transfer window will be a success and not every season will go well. That's football, or at least that's how football should be. But no, people want to continue harking back to issues from four years ago, for no real reason other than just to shit on Liverpool. As I said, it's boring as fuck.

We're behind at half time? We should have signed a defender in 2020/2021. One of our rivals wins a match? We should have signed a midfielder in 2021/2022. Yawn, yawn, yawn.

Well said, it's fucking boring.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Agreed. It's beyond boring now. Get over it.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
This made me laugh

@AdamClery
If you’d told me a few years ago that in 2024 I’d be sat watching a game where Joselu’s been subbed on to stop Eric Dier getting to a cup final I’d honestly have assumed it was the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Tchouameni in this Liverpool team, would work wonders, there is no telling how many more trophies we would have with a world class DM.

Camavinga is the one I'd love ... but I have said a thousand times Valverde is also the one I'd love too  ;D Amazing players, top drawer, the type Liverpool should always be in for. Thankfully we have Mac Allister, Bajcetic is coming back and other really good players around the midfield. Find the best defensive midfielder we can and we're almost golden in the middle.

Those midfielders at Madrid have served them so well over the last ten years. Kroos and Modric or obviously complete legends but these ones they have for the next decade will probably achieve just as much. Modric was still in Croatia at Camavinga's age and he's about to win his 2nd European Cup. One of the things that impresses me most about them is after the goals last night, completely panic free, absolutely know what they're doing to keep the game in control. Modric still superb.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
I don't know who I hate more out of Real and City. Real funded by the city and City funded by the Saudis.

They're both equally vile but in different ways. Real have benefited from dodgy council purchases of their land, unequal La Liga TV money distribution and as Miguel Delaney referenced in an article today,  UEFA rule changes that granted prize money based on 'historical performance'. Perez is also pushing the Super League to keep up pressure on UEFA.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Is that Joselu, the same Joselu Rafa bought for Newcastle? That guy was a donkey...

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
"If Dortmund wins the UCL, they will receive €20m from UEFA

But, if Bellingham wins the UCL, Dortmund will get €25m from Real Madrid"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Didn’t want Madrid to win, but it’s kinda funny how Harry Kane moved to Bayern for trophies and they totally spursed it.

Next interview

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Madrid to win the CL and City to win the PL - you couldn't write a script like this!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
"If Dortmund wins the UCL, they will receive €20m from UEFA

But, if Bellingham wins the UCL, Dortmund will get €25m from Real Madrid"

Actually, they get 15.5m for being runners-up, so the tradeoff is 25m v 4.5m.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Actually, they get 15.5m for being runners-up, so the tradeoff is 25m v 4.5m.
What would Everton chose?   ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here we are on a thread about semi-final games, in a tournament we weren't even in, discussing it.
Ha ha. Well said. All of it.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
Madrid to win the CL and City to win the PL - you couldn't write a script like this!

:D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
AS Roma (4-3-3): Svilar - Karsdorp, Smalling, Mancini, Spinazzola - Pellegrini, Cristante, Paredes, - Dybala, Lukaku, El Shaarawy.

Bayer Leverkusen: (3-4-2-1): Kovár - Tapsoba, Tah, Stanišić - Frimpong, Andrich, Xhaka, Hincapié - Wirtz, Grimaldo - Adli.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
Confirmed Lineups
Atalanta (confirmed lineup): Juan Musso, Marten de Roon, Isak Hien, Berat Djimsiti, Davide Zappacosta, Matteo Ruggeri, Teun Koopmeiners, Ederson, Charles De Ketelaere, Ademola Lookman, Gianluca Scamacca.

Marseille (confirmed lineup): Pau Lopez, Chancel Mbemba, Samuel Gigot, Leonardo Balerdi, Jonathan Clauss, Luis Henrique, Jordan Veretout, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Amine Harit, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Faris Moumbagna.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Atalanta XI: Musso; Djimsiti, Hien, De Roon; Zappacosta, Koopmeiners, Ederson, Ruggeri; Lookman; Scamacca, De Ketelaere.
Marseille XI: Lopez, Merlin, Balerdi, Gigot, Mbemba, Clauss, Harit, Kondogbia, Veretout, Aubameyang, Ndiaye.

^ https://streambtw.com/iframe/ch1.php & https://vipleague.im/football/europa-league-semi-finals-atalanta-vs-marseille-streaming-link-1 & https://s2watch.link/3
& https://reddit10.sportshub.stream/event/%D0%B0t%D0%B0l%D0%B0nt%D0%B0_m%D0%B0rs%D0%B5%D1%96ll%D0%B5_204608548 (multiple links)

Leverkusen XI: Kovar; Hincapié, Tah, Tapsoba; Frimpong, Palacios, Xhaka, Grimaldo; Adli, Hofmann; Hlozek.
Roma XI: Svilar; Angelińo, Ndicka, Mancini, Spinazzola; Cristante, Paredes, Pellegrini; Azmoun, Lukaku, El Shaarawy.

^ https://streambtw.com/iframe/ch2.php & https://vipleague.im/football/europa-league-semi-finals-bayer-leverkusen-vs-as-roma-streaming-link-1 & https://s2watch.link/2
& https://reddit10.sportshub.stream/event/l%D0%B5v%D0%B5rkus%D0%B5n_r%D0%BEm%D0%B0_204608549 (multiple links) & https://s2watch.link/7

Olympiacos XI: Tzolakis; Quini, Rodinei, Carmo, Restos; Iborra, Hezze; Fortounis, Chiquinho, Podence; El Kaabi.
Villa XI: Martínez; Konsa, Diego Carlos, Pau Torres, Digne; Cash, Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Bailey; Diaby; Watkins.

^ https://streambtw.com/iframe/ch3.php & https://vipleague.im/football/europa-conference-league-semi-finals-olympiacos-vs-aston-villa-streaming-link-1 & www.elixx.xyz/ajax.html
& https://reddit10.sportshub.stream/event/%D0%BElym%D1%80%D1%96%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BEs_%D0%B0st%D0%BEn_v%D1%96ll%D0%B0_204608557

'Club Brugge 1-1 Fiorentina | UEFA Europa Conference League Semi-Final' - 5 minute video; played last night - Fiorentina go through to the semis:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/L3kjZ4ihZhY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/L3kjZ4ihZhY</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/L3kjZ4ihZhY
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
History will say 6 finals in 11 years. Likely 6 wins. But anyone who has watched it unfold is wondering what the fuck is going on? Honestly some hoodoo magic going down. That offside call is absolutely mental as well.

They were shit in the finals as well. A minute away from Atletico beating them in 2014, 2016 they beat Atletico on pens and were lucky again, 2018 Karius and the Salah assault. 2022 smash and grab.  They at least played well enough in 2017 against Juventus who were poor.

The other thing to factor in is they haven't really played that high of a quality of team in the finals (i'd make the exception of an exhausted Liverpool team in Paris but they were completely outplayed in that game). Atletico x2, Juventus, Liverpool was a year too early in 2018 and now Dortmund.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated

Amen

Wouldn’t mind seeing Villa take it to extra time tonight
« Last Edit: May 9, 2024, 07:25:28 pm by duvva 💅 »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Amen

Wouldn’t mind seeing Villa take it to extra time tonight

Yeah, bit rubbish they'll have an extra day to rest for our game but hey ho. And even more rubbish that that muppet Martinez is back for our game. Hopefully gets injured again today.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
This multi-stream allows you to follow all three games, at the same time.

https://the.streameast.app/multi-stream

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
Roma almost score there

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
ARF!
AHA!

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Was about to say Villa have started ok.

What the Fuck is that song they play when they score. Dreadful

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Villa losing.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
See ya, Villa. This lot will get absolutely trounced next season in the CL.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Still olympiacos can be beaten 3-1 after taking the lead I believe

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Olympiacos [1] - 0 Aston Villa; Ayoub El Kaabi goal 11' [5-2 agg] - https://streamin.one/v/6625c37d & https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1788648164582412722
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Think they’ll take a couple of big scalps, but get a couple of heavy defeats too. Just the way they play is quite naive in Europe, massive gaps to get in behind.
AHA!

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
Another Chance For Roma

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This cabbie is half good.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
Handbags At Leverkusen

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Guy Goma?
AHA!

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Joe le taxi?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
That looks a bad knock for Bailey, nasty clash of knees

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
Lookman. 1-0, Atalanta.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64

Villa remind me of us. They’re dangerous against teams that come to play, but poor against teams which sit in a 5-at-the-back low bock and look for quick counters. Having said that, they’ve overachieved by likely getting C.L football next season. Without being unkind or unfair, aside from McGinn and possibly Watkins, which Villa players would get into our team as starters?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
Atalanta take the lead in this tie thanks to  Ademola Lookman.