Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850701 times)

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #12800 on: May 28, 2020, 10:42:17 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12801 on: May 28, 2020, 10:43:03 pm »
When did Spurs sign Jason Cummins from Shrewsbury?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12802 on: May 28, 2020, 10:59:50 pm »
De Bruyne looks like he's spent his break taking up the Belgian government's call to eat more chips, while pounding back cans of Stella and plenty of croustillons for dessert

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12803 on: May 28, 2020, 11:31:50 pm »
Italy's sport minister has confirmed Serie A will return on 20 June.

https://bbc.in/3etG03m

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12804 on: May 28, 2020, 11:40:26 pm »
Just saw these comparisons on Twitter... :o

You know, I had a feeling that when the football resumed, we'd be the ones that'd most likely retain our fitness. I trusted our squad to be absolutely disciplined and professional when it came to their personal lockdown fitness regime, and it seems I'm not wrong. We should easily be the fittest squad going into June 16th.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12805 on: May 29, 2020, 12:19:52 am »
Lawton is now indicating that it is only the derby against Everton, and any home game that we could win the title, which would need to be played at neutral venues;

To clarify, it’s Liverpool home games when they could win the title - as well as away to Everton and City - that were discussed as potentially high risk by PL today. And other big derby matches. Remains a proposal at this stage and Liverpool will follow guidance of authorities.[/b]
and if the villa game is at a neutral ground isn’t that unfair to the other teams at the bottom?

5-30 wasn’t it?
Nope, 3pm, only one in that block I think that wasn’t on tv

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12806 on: May 29, 2020, 12:33:52 am »
Sky Sports News as on it as ever - still reporting that Deeney’s decision to return to training is the latest boost for Project Restart.

fair play to him, possible knighthood?

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12807 on: May 29, 2020, 12:35:24 am »
and if the villa game is at a neutral ground isn’t that unfair to the other teams at the bottom?
Nope, 3pm, only one in that block I think that wasn’t on tv

It was definitely the 5:30 game that Saturday. It was my birthday that day and I had an area booked from 4pm in one of the sports bars here.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:41:04 am by AshbourneRed »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12808 on: May 29, 2020, 12:44:25 am »
It was definitely the 5:30 game that Saturday. It was my birthday that day and I had an area booked from 4pm in one of the sports bars here.

must have changed it very late, sure it was listed as 3pm a week or two before

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12809 on: May 29, 2020, 12:48:34 am »

must have changed it very late, sure it was listed as 3pm a week or two before

Was having a look and I tweeted about that on 8th March so it was set at that stage anyway. Sticks in the head because I had convinced myself we were gonna win it on my birthday and I’d have a great excuse for a piss up  :hally  :butt

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12810 on: May 29, 2020, 01:05:27 am »

Surely this can't be real?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12811 on: May 29, 2020, 01:16:54 am »
fair play to him, possible knighthood?

:lmao

Seriously - what an ass he is.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12812 on: May 29, 2020, 01:23:58 am »

Fucking hell, what happened to Mo? Chest wax and looks like he's been shived! :o
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12813 on: May 29, 2020, 07:10:18 am »

It’s real, Mo really does have a body like that

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12814 on: May 29, 2020, 07:12:39 am »
Literally one of the worst accounts on twitter this. He has thousands of virgin schoolboys hanging off his every word as well. So good to see how bitter he is about us winning the league. Reminds me of Stephen Howson's "You might as well be Celtic" rant. ;D

RiZzyRed circle
@RiZzyUTD
Liverpool's first ever Premier League title and they have to lift it in an empty stadium with no fans present, they can't even have an open-top bus parade all year. Just the way it should be for a club like Liverpool.
7:02 PM · May 28, 2020·Twitter for Android
 Retweets

https://twitter.com/RiZzyUTD/status/1266067318544744450
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12815 on: May 29, 2020, 07:18:38 am »

I watched the training video from yesterday and he was showing his chest to his mate Lovren, but we only saw him doing it from the back.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12816 on: May 29, 2020, 08:11:13 am »
Literally one of the worst accounts on twitter this. He has thousands of virgin schoolboys hanging off his every word as well. So good to see how bitter he is about us winning the league. Reminds me of Stephen Howson's "You might as well be Celtic" rant. ;D

Ha you've got to love those rants. It's the equivalent of them saying 'I'm not crying, you're crying', as the tears stream down their face.

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12817 on: May 29, 2020, 08:36:55 am »
I see, so they’ve also gone from “this is serious, it’s sick to even think about going back to play football” and “it’s not safe”  to “hahahahahaha they can’t have a parade because of a serious threat to public health...hahahaha.“ in under 24 hours.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #12818 on: May 29, 2020, 08:54:46 am »
I see, so they’ve also gone from “this is serious, it’s sick to even think about going back to play football” and “it’s not safe”  to “hahahahahaha they can’t have a parade because of a serious threat to public health...hahahaha.“ in under 24 hours.

showing their true colors finally :)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12819 on: May 29, 2020, 09:01:55 am »

Sad pathetic little wastes of space. Imagine being such a sad, pathetic, bitter twat like these people.

Ah well, No19 here we come  :wave
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12820 on: May 29, 2020, 09:06:26 am »
Would've loved a parade. But if someone offered me the league without a parade (obviously under different circumstances) we'd have all snatched their arms off
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12821 on: May 29, 2020, 09:18:40 am »
Not sure why he's wearing tights, but he should consider wearing a corset

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #12822 on: May 29, 2020, 09:26:38 am »
Sky Sports News as on it as ever - still reporting that Deeney’s decision to return to training is the latest boost for Project Restart.

In an arena of massive c*nts, deeney still manages to be head and shoulders above the rest
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12823 on: May 29, 2020, 09:33:12 am »
Javier Tebas speaking on Marca has said the plan is to start next season on September 12. This season supposed to finish on 12 July and August is reserved for European competition. Getting through 11 league games each in a month cannot be possible, surely.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12824 on: May 29, 2020, 09:43:46 am »

Parade's delayed, that's all. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12825 on: May 29, 2020, 09:46:16 am »
Javier Tebas speaking on Marca has said the plan is to start next season on September 12. This season supposed to finish on 12 July and August is reserved for European competition. Getting through 11 league games each in a month cannot be possible, surely.

Are you referring to Spain? Other than the 4 who start 17th June, everyone has 9 games left, so following the Bundesliga which started on the 17th May and ends on 28th of June, it'll be a week between the first games and then weekend, midweek, weekend - doable I'd say.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12826 on: May 29, 2020, 09:48:16 am »
Are you referring to Spain? Other than the 4 who start 17th June, everyone has 9 games left, so following the Bundesliga, it'll be a week between and then weekend, midweek, weekend - doable I'd say.

Yeah, Spain. They've all played 27. They're starting 11th June and planning to finish 12th July. That's just way too short a timeframe when they haven't played for so long.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12827 on: May 29, 2020, 09:55:43 am »
Not sure why anyone feels the need to limit themselves to the 12th of July.

The European finals are meant to be August 29th and there’s a few knockout first round games and then quarters and semis to play. No reason they can’t finish those over three weeks with weekends available.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12828 on: May 29, 2020, 09:59:11 am »
When are we likely to finish ours? Early August if we count in 7 weekends and a couple of midweeks?

And then FA Cup and CL/EL games to fill in the other midweeks?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12829 on: May 29, 2020, 10:06:11 am »
Sat 25th July apparently. Six weekends and three midweeks (from a BBC journalist).

FA Cup dates - quarters 27/28 June, semis 11/12 July, final 1 August.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:08:19 am by quinny »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12830 on: May 29, 2020, 10:08:17 am »
When are we likely to finish ours? Early August if we count in 7 weekends and a couple of midweeks?

And then FA Cup and CL/EL games to fill in the other midweeks?

I think the reports a few days ago were suggesting PL has to be done by August 1st

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12831 on: May 29, 2020, 10:09:24 am »
Provisional FA Cup dates as below;

‘Provisional 2019-20 Emirates FA Cup schedule
Quarter-finals: 27 June & 28 June
Semi-finals: 11 July & 12 July
Final: 1 August’

https://twitter.com/emiratesfacup/status/1266293201759080448?s=21

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12832 on: May 29, 2020, 10:09:24 am »
Yeah, Spain. They've all played 27. They're starting 11th June and planning to finish 12th July. That's just way too short a timeframe when they haven't played for so long.

That is really pushing it for Spain, they are looking to finish two weeks before us !!!
Jurgen YNWA

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12833 on: May 29, 2020, 10:09:57 am »
FA cup just posted this on Facebook.

Will those fixtures run alongside PL Fixtures on those weekends ? With those teams still in the competition requiring an extra mid-week ?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12834 on: May 29, 2020, 10:11:07 am »
Are there still lower league teams in?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12835 on: May 29, 2020, 10:11:49 am »
That is really pushing it for Spain, they are looking to finish two weeks before us !!!

It’s a madness. I thought it might get lost in translation but more than 1 good source are saying it so... 11 games in about 31 days when they’ve not played for 3 months. Hope the A&Es near football stadiums have a decent capacity.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12836 on: May 29, 2020, 10:16:07 am »
When are they hoping next season will start if there are no further suspensions?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12837 on: May 29, 2020, 10:21:45 am »

I'm assuming heat is probably a factor for this in Spain, which will also give medical staff worries

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12838 on: May 29, 2020, 10:26:03 am »
I'm assuming heat is probably a factor for this in Spain, which will also give medical staff worries

Yeah there is that, currently 25c in Barcelona. Have been to spain a few times this time of the year and its always been mid 20's in the day but does cool of a night, did Majorca one august and it was mid 30's of a night, no way you'd want to play footy in that
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12839 on: May 29, 2020, 10:32:25 am »
Great news about the fa cup. Season still alive. Its getting exciting again, like the lead up to the world cup.

European football will be tricky though, plenty of airports still closed, travellers quarantined etc.