Author Topic: ELC: Ful 1 vs 1Liv (2-3) Diaz 12’ Diop 77’  (Read 12649 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
ELC: Ful 1 vs 1Liv (2-3) Diaz 12’ Diop 77’
« on: January 24, 2024, 06:59:53 pm »
Fulham vs Liverpool FC
League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg
20:00 Wed 24th Jan 2024
Craven Cottage

Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistant Referees: Adrian Holmes and Simon Long
4th Official: Tony Harrington

Agg. Score 2-1

Is it just me or whenever we visit Craven Cottage I start a little 'Maxiii...Maxi Rodriguez runs down the wing for me' chant in my head? Damn that was a good night. Some nice memories from Craven Cottage I have to say. That Maxi hattrick one was a crazy game alright. 5-2 win, Maxi song, Kenny smiling... just one of those matches under Kenny that was soothing our soul after horrors of Hodgson. Or that amazing Sturridge hattrick in 2013? That was nice as well. Or Yossi's goal, oh boy how could we ever forget that. I watched that on the worst strem ever. I've never seen something so beautiful happen in two dozen dancing pixels. We believed there and then - it's coming, it's happening, no fucking way it isn't. Yeah, good memories. Some not so good ones too, like the very next match after the Maxi-3 game, where we lost 1-0 after Spearing got a red card and then rookie referee Kevin Friend made his name as a twat of the highest order. He proved his reputation many times since then. But mostly it's been a good place for us to go.

We're going back to the Cottage this week, hoping for some more good memories. This team feels like real memory makers in the making. Already this season they've done the impossible many times. No surrender, no letting up. This cup really is there for us to win and I'm certain we will if we make it to the final game. One final hurdle left to overcome.

First match was very good you have to say. After that wobbly start we really grew into it and subs helped us turn it around. Shame it wasn't 3-1 in the end - we sure were close more than once. But it's ok, we go to their ground with draw or win securing our progression. Fulham are well rested having played their last game 9 days ago. I do feel this will probably work in our advantage a bit. Yeah, they are rested - but last nights game allowed us to shake off any rustiness after our break. We'll be ready to rumble from minute one. If ever there was a game where an early goal could kill it off - this is it. So I'm hoping for a strong lineup and a strong start. Put pressure on them early, let's exploit their lack of playing time and hopefully score early. Having both Darwin and Jota score twice last night helps as well. I don't think anyone is afraid any longer that we'll struggle to either score or create in absence of Mo and Trent. Not happening, we'll be all over them.

Not sure if Klopp will rotate and how much. I could see perhaps Gakpo starting instead of Diaz and Gravenberch starting for Jones - but not much more. We're so close to another trophy here, it makes more sense to rotate more against Norwich, who are also objectively weaker than Fulham. In any case, I'm sure we have enough to wrap this one up.

When are we ever recycling that Maxi song?
It's a banger.

Up the Reds.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 09:37:43 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ELC: Ful vs Liv (1-2)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 07:04:44 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 07:05:10 pm »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 08:01:09 pm »
0 underway at the Dodi Al Fayed memorial stadium
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 08:02:08 pm »
1 early free kick on the left.  Elliot takes and Diaz flicks a header wide. 
Not that far away
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 08:03:17 pm »
3 the reds break and there’s a cross from the  left to Elliot

A swing and a miss a la Jota!   
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 08:03:38 pm »
He should have done better there.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 08:04:20 pm »
Started well, pressing and energy really good
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 08:05:20 pm »
5 good move finds Bradley on the right, his smashed cross it too high for anyone though
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2024, 08:06:24 pm »
Started well, pressing and energy really good

Covering back also when we lose the ball.is good.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2024, 08:06:36 pm »
6 Nunez down the left, cuts inside and shoots at Leno

W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024, 08:08:09 pm »
7 corner for them after Kelleher turns a cross behind for a corner

The comer picks out Palinah on the penalty spot. He fires over
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2024, 08:10:06 pm »
10 driven cross from their left, Keller gets a plan on it to clear the danger
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2024, 08:10:44 pm »
7 corner for them after Kelleher turns a cross behind for a corner

The comer picks out Palinah on the penalty spot. He fires over

That corner seems to have woken them up a bit

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2024, 08:11:34 pm »
12 0-1

Diaz

Great diagonal ball and Diaz gets past his man into the area.

Cuts inside and shoots.  Leno should save but doesn’t
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 08:11:38 pm »
Get in
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2024, 08:12:44 pm »
The goalie probably should have done better there, but I'll take it.  :D

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 08:13:06 pm »
The goalie probably should have done better there, but I'll take it.  :D
slight deflection?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: ELC: Ful 0 vs Liv (1-3) Diaz 12’
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2024, 08:13:45 pm »
We have a pyro interlude ….
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2024, 08:13:48 pm »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2024, 08:13:56 pm »
12 0-1

Diaz

Great diagonal ball and Diaz gets past his man into the area.

Cuts inside and shoots.  Leno should save but doesn’t

Best bit about that goal was winning the header - but they all count.

Edit - was actually great piece of chest control from Diaz not a header

Pyro party has begun
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 08:57:44 pm by duvva 💅 »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2024, 08:15:24 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2024, 08:15:43 pm »
Quansah is so calm under pressure - he really could be Virg 2.0

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2024, 08:15:47 pm »
That goal was made by a phenomenal diagonal pass by Quansah by the way
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2024, 08:16:13 pm »
Over to Jill
do I need to do a female voice?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2024, 08:16:17 pm »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2024, 08:16:48 pm »
do I need to do a female voice?

You can try. 😄

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2024, 08:16:57 pm »
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2024, 08:17:03 pm »
16 Another good move down our right but Elliott cross is cleared
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 08:22:14 pm by duvva 💅 »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2024, 08:20:50 pm »
20 The comedy half hearted booing of Elliott has started again - lots of possession for us at the moment, but not quite finding the right ball, but Fulham keep giving it straight back - another great ball from Quansah but Nunez can't find Gravenberch with his header

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2024, 08:21:31 pm »
Same difference

;D

;D

All the young lads brought in are doing well at the moment, it almost a seamless performance from one team to the next.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2024, 08:25:26 pm »
Fulham have a had a full two weeks off, and they look like it too.

They will be better after half time, Silva will volley them otherwise
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2024, 08:25:53 pm »
24 Nice ball from Harvey just about finds Gakpo but the keeper deflects the ball off Gakpo over - was given offside but was tight

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2024, 08:26:48 pm »
26 Diaz fouled and stops and attack - no yellow

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2024, 08:28:01 pm »
27 Offside but very close to 2-0 - Diaz in the end getting the finishing touch after Nunez hit the post but it was off this time

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2024, 08:28:10 pm »
Fucking lino is bald too.why do they do it?
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2024, 08:29:13 pm »
28 first Fulham attack in a while but they're offside

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2024, 08:29:31 pm »
Fucking lino is bald too.why do they do it?
I think it's hereditary
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2024, 08:29:39 pm »
We need a new song about playing keep ball in these situations 😁

We're very good now at smothering games once we've got a decent lead.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2024, 08:30:40 pm »
30 Gravenberch put Diaz in as we broke but his shot was tame - Over to Bob