Author Topic: 2019/20 TV Fixtures  (Read 94979 times)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2019/20 TV Fixtures - Release dates in 3rd post of the thread
« Reply #640 on: February 21, 2020, 05:44:17 pm »
if only 2 English clubs progress then one has to be Tuesday and one has to be Wednesday I think, if that’s us and city and we don’t draw eachother then that city game will be moved. If one of us goes out though then it’ll probably be the Sunday

Even if we both play Wednesday they then have to move villa.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #641 on: February 21, 2020, 05:45:51 pm »
Even if we both play Wednesday they then have to move villa.
yeap, we have to play 1st leg Wednesday and 2nd leg Tuesday so villa is moved if we go through no matter what, the city game really depends on what city do, although both Sunday if we go out I’d think

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: February 21, 2020, 05:45:59 pm »
So I had planned ahead and got flight over on saturday and booked accom sat and got somewhere cheap for  sunday just in case,  and flight home sunday. Sunday flight got shifted from 4pm to 9.15pm in manchester. I duno what to do now, should I book monday flights as ive a room booked anyway or could I chance trying to get to Manchester airport in time for the 9.15 flight?

Considering how bad security is in manchester airport you would need to be there at least an hour before take off. The only way you're doing that is in a taxi from Anfield.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: February 21, 2020, 05:46:31 pm »
The LFC release. I said the 3 games subject to changes and then mentioned Burnley afterwards because it won’t be changing, sorry if that’s not clear

Ok ta, read it as all fixtures.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #644 on: February 21, 2020, 05:47:06 pm »
Considering how bad security is in manchester airport you would need to be there at least an hour before take off. The only way you're doing that is in a taxi from Anfield.
Much would that be roughly? £50? £100?
YNWA

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: February 21, 2020, 05:49:33 pm »
it’s £60 from Chester to Manchester airport if you book ahead, so couldn’t be much more than that I’d think

Offline TOGH

• Give me a G, give me an R ....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Glittering Prizes And Endless Compromises
« Reply #646 on: February 21, 2020, 05:53:18 pm »

Message this guy and he'll put you in with a group of other people heading back that way too, will work out £12-15 a head roughly.
https://www.pickstravel.co.uk/
Meh

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #647 on: February 21, 2020, 05:54:51 pm »
it’s £60 from Chester to Manchester airport if you book ahead, so couldn’t be much more than that I’d think

From memory Delta charge about that from Bootle.

I'd stay the extra day if you can personally.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #648 on: February 21, 2020, 05:55:55 pm »
Message this guy and he'll put you in with a group of other people heading back that way too, will work out £12-15 a head roughly.
https://www.pickstravel.co.uk/
Cheers lads. Reluctant to do anything yet in case it gets moved again.
YNWA

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #649 on: February 21, 2020, 06:04:01 pm »
20 matches moved for TV, only 5 confirmed. Would be interested to know why Sky are so adamant (for example) for our match at City to be Sunday rather than Saturday. How much difference does it make?!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: February 21, 2020, 06:06:39 pm »
20 matches moved for TV, only 5 confirmed. Would be interested to know why Sky are so adamant (for example) for our match at City to be Sunday rather than Saturday. How much difference does it make?!
more viewers on Sunday

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #651 on: February 21, 2020, 06:11:33 pm »
more viewers on Sunday

Are there that many casual viewers of such a big game? Maybe I’m way off the mark or underestimating how much Sky & the PL care about these extra viewers, but not sure how many people wouldn’t watch it on a Saturday but would on a Sunday. More people in pubs/at each other’s houses on Saturday might skew the figures too, although I’m sure Sky know more than me! Just seems ludicrous to basically not decide until the last minute, but appreciate it’s not in the TV companies’ interests to care about match going fans.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #652 on: February 21, 2020, 06:16:28 pm »
Have thought for a while that us and City will end up being Saturday 7:45, can't see GMP being too thrilled about it though.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 21, 2020, 06:20:22 pm »
Are there that many casual viewers of such a big game? Maybe I’m way off the mark or underestimating how much Sky & the PL care about these extra viewers, but not sure how many people wouldn’t watch it on a Saturday but would on a Sunday. More people in pubs/at each other’s houses on Saturday might skew the figures too, although I’m sure Sky know more than me! Just seems ludicrous to basically not decide until the last minute, but appreciate it’s not in the TV companies’ interests to care about match going fans.
gotta remember how many football fans are at games on Saturday, 12:30 or 5:30 kickoff means you miss all those traveling, playing, coaching etc. Sunday has basically no other league football on so people will end up watching it even if it’s just in the background or because they are just in the house with nothing better to do, it’s also the biggest game sky have left all season

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: February 21, 2020, 06:22:23 pm »
Have thought for a while that us and City will end up being Saturday 7:45, can't see GMP being too thrilled about it though.
not sure they’d allow that, Spurs is the 5:30 game atm and that’s when I thought this would be, although if spurs go through it could really complicate things

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #655 on: February 21, 2020, 06:30:08 pm »
Does everyone think are last home game against Chelsea when we lift it will be the Sunday 100%?

I really hope it won't be Monday night

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #656 on: February 21, 2020, 06:34:00 pm »
You'd have thought they would have given alternate kick off times for the games that could change.

As for the Chelsea game anything could happen when it comes to sky and the Premier league

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #657 on: February 21, 2020, 06:47:56 pm »
Fuck off
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: February 21, 2020, 06:58:33 pm »
Brighton ends up moving back 24/48 hours if we go through to the semis here, no? Palace goes to the end of May? Makes the most sense I think.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: February 21, 2020, 07:02:19 pm »
Brighton ends up moving back 24/48 hours if we go through to the semis here, no? Palace goes to the end of May? Makes the most sense I think.
that would make the most sense instead of just moving Palace to 21-22 April and Brighton to 12-13 May, i thought they might rearrange palace first given it was originally first in fixtures 

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #660 on: February 21, 2020, 07:14:09 pm »
I'd love us to clinch the league early, and then just refuse to play that Brighton game. What a message that would send out.

What would happen? A 3-0 defeat and no gold trophy. Big deal.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: February 21, 2020, 07:18:49 pm »
I'd love us to clinch the league early, and then just refuse to play that Brighton game. What a message that would send out.

What would happen? A 3-0 defeat and no gold trophy. Big deal.
any reason why?

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #662 on: February 21, 2020, 07:32:47 pm »
any reason why?

Yes.

It would be a great opportunity to make a stand about the way us, the supporters, continually get fucked around unnecessarily. We understand TV plays it's part these days, but some of those ifs and buts, are ridiculous. Especially Brighton. Getting sick of Monday/Friday night games at the worst places, Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Swansea, Arsenal on Xmas Eve, and a few I've no doubt missed out.

I take it you're not a regular away match goer?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 07:35:02 pm by stoz »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: February 21, 2020, 07:40:53 pm »
Yes.

It would be a great opportunity to make a stand about the way us, the supporters, continually get fucked around unnecessarily. We understand TV plays it's part these days, but some of those ifs and buts, are ridiculous. Especially Brighton. Getting sick of Monday/Friday night games at the worst places, Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Swansea, Arsenal on Xmas Eve, and a few I've no doubt missed out.

I take it you're not a regular away match goer?
well no because I have no opportunity to be even though I happily would. It’s besides the point this game would be midweek if we made it to the FA Cup semi so it makes no difference really. Why do you not buy a ticket for this then, surely if all the regulars are fed up they just won’t buy tickets???

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: February 21, 2020, 07:41:05 pm »

I hope not. I want the last home and the lift to be a weekend so I can properly get on the piss after.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: February 21, 2020, 07:41:51 pm »
I hope not. I want the last home and the lift to be a weekend so I can properly get on the piss after.

I don’t see when else they can move it to though.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: February 21, 2020, 07:43:19 pm »
I don’t see when else they can move it to though.
make Palace the week of Brighton and Brighton away after Chelsea would be the only options, they could easily play it same night as champions league before if we failed to qualify of course

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: February 21, 2020, 07:47:13 pm »
make Palace the week of Brighton and Brighton away after Chelsea would be the only options, they could easily play it same night as champions league before if we failed to qualify of course

Depends when they would pick a date for palace I suppose. If it’s moved before the original date then it wouldn’t be the week of Brighton cos they’d potentially have to move it again and obviously having two games scheduled in 24 hours would be daft. If it’s after the date and we lost in the quarters that midweek wouldn’t be a date that’s an option anyway.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: February 21, 2020, 07:49:10 pm »
Depends when they would pick a date for palace I suppose. If it’s moved before the original date then it wouldn’t be the week of Brighton cos they’d potentially have to move it again and obviously having two games scheduled in 24 hours would be daft. If it’s after the date and we lost in the quarters that midweek wouldn’t be a date that’s an option anyway.
fucked themselves there big time, maybe hoping we will go out to Chelsea and it won’t a problem then

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: February 21, 2020, 07:51:55 pm »

City lifted it in their second last home game in 17/18 for what it’s worth.

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #670 on: February 21, 2020, 08:36:00 pm »
in fairness if we go to FACSF it would be midweek anyway but yeah they could’ve at least put it Sunday just incase

The Brighton match cannot be on the Sunday, as that’s the day of the Brighton Marathon and Brighton cannot play at home on the same day.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: February 21, 2020, 08:45:03 pm »
The Brighton match cannot be on the Sunday, as that’s the day of the Brighton Marathon and Brighton cannot play at home on the same day.
Saturday would’ve been fine then no? With 7 teams in Europe and 6 of those teams still in the cup they should’ve waited until the international break to just announce April and May

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #672 on: February 21, 2020, 09:18:31 pm »
Correct me if am wrong but don't they normally give a this match will move to x if etc... for April/May games.

Very poor this time around, carn't plan any travel arrangements.

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #673 on: February 21, 2020, 10:11:12 pm »
If we progress with CL, do we think the villa game will be moved to the Saturday?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #674 on: February 21, 2020, 10:22:30 pm »
If we progress with CL, do we think the villa game will be moved to the Saturday?

Yes.

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #676 on: February 22, 2020, 05:32:07 am »

Yep, if we get through the last 16 of the CL, the quarter final second leg is on 14th/15th April, as we never play on the 15th which is on a Wednesday this year, the second leg will be Tuesday 14th so Villa game will be moved to Saturday, we normally ask UEFA to move any European fixtures should we be scheduled to play on the 15th April when the draw is made for the quarters, UEFA usually agree to it.

City away was always going to be on Sunday the 5th, be funny if City have to do a guard of honour. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #677 on: February 22, 2020, 08:26:31 am »
City away still could be moved back to Saturday, if City knock out Real in the CL then get drawn to play Tuesday 7th/Wednesday 15th April.
#Sausages

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #678 on: February 22, 2020, 10:34:59 am »
Yep, if we get through the last 16 of the CL, the quarter final second leg is on 14th/15th April, as we never play on the 15th which is on a Wednesday this year, the second leg will be Tuesday 14th so Villa game will be moved to Saturday, we normally ask UEFA to move any European fixtures should we be scheduled to play on the 15th April when the draw is made for the quarters, UEFA usually agree to it.

City away was always going to be on Sunday the 5th, be funny if City have to do a guard of honour. ;D
Is there any of the Saturday tv time slots that the Villa match cant be played lads? Is 19.45 a possibility? I booked flights yesterday for the Sunday without doing my homework and now realise this is nailed on for Saturday once we get over Atletico I have a 24 hour window to change my flights for no change fee thanks.
Kenny Godglish

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #679 on: February 22, 2020, 10:37:17 am »
Going through my holidays at a rate of knots already this season.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family