Author Topic: Question Time.  (Read 85652 times)

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: Question Time.
« Reply #320 on: September 21, 2017, 11:50:28 pm »
rich people?

Was the way she said it with absolutely no self awareness that her situation is most definitely the exception rather than the rule and that she seemed to think that the only reason she'd been able to do that was because she 'worked hard'. She used her situation as an argument against people going to university as well which is clearly absurd.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: September 21, 2017, 11:51:34 pm »
Mason done well apart from him trying to deny the Corbyn student debt and the discredited costing from the manifesto
He did do well, made some good points over the Torys blindfolded attitude towards Brexit powerfully.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #322 on: September 28, 2017, 10:58:17 pm »
Some right Tory arse lickers on question time tonight in Wolverhampton on the panel and in the audience. Sister used to live in Wolverhampton there all Tory voting engurland patriotic whoppers.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: September 28, 2017, 11:04:36 pm »
Some right Tory arse lickers on question time tonight in Wolverhampton on the panel and in the audience. Sister used to live in Wolverhampton there all Tory voting engurland patriotic whoppers.

Indeed. Wolverhampton, Dudley and Walsall are full of Tories. Plus they are absolute dog shit parts of the country to live in.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #324 on: September 28, 2017, 11:16:26 pm »
According to Wikipedia there are 3 constituencies in Wolverhampton and they all have a Labour MP.

When my sister lived there a few years ago most of her street had vote Tory posters up at the time. Wasn't a very nice street surrounded by self serving Tory voters.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2017, 11:17:49 pm »
Peter Hitchens has just broken a load of right wing hearts.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #326 on: September 28, 2017, 11:20:15 pm »
Indeed. Wolverhampton, Dudley and Walsall are full of Tories. Plus they are absolute dog shit parts of the country to live in.

Middle England mindset.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2017, 11:22:00 pm »
Some right Tory arse lickers on question time tonight in Wolverhampton on the panel and in the audience.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #328 on: September 28, 2017, 11:23:14 pm »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #329 on: September 28, 2017, 11:38:34 pm »
Labour are financially irresponsible and spend too much.

Oi, Labour, why aren't you proposing more money be put into the NHS?

:butt

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: September 28, 2017, 11:49:51 pm »
I wish Labour would all get on the same page over the debt argument.
It's an improvement from the past to say the Torys borrow more than Labour but still not good enough..
Hammer the point on the Torys taking the debt form £750bill to £2 trillion in 7 yrs.
How this Tory government have borrowed more than all Labour government combined.
The Torys have to keep borrowing because their incompetent and prefer to give their rich m8s tax cuts and borrow at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:52:37 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: September 29, 2017, 07:50:02 am »
That lad with the ridiculous head and the grey sweater far right lover tho, thank fuck I’m never in that part of the world

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2017, 09:47:57 pm »
That lad with the ridiculous head and the grey sweater far right lover tho, thank fuck I’m never in that part of the world
More plants in a QT audience than you get on Gardeners World!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2017, 10:18:40 pm »
i thought you were going to say rawk there, disappointed in you Geoff :(

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #334 on: September 30, 2017, 07:16:25 pm »

Are hey plants, or is the nature of the audience fairly self selecting? Those that can be arsed to apply are the most politically engaged. The audience is not a random selection, the pool is loaded with obsessive.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #335 on: September 30, 2017, 07:41:59 pm »
Are hey plants, or is the nature of the audience fairly self selecting? Those that can be arsed to apply are the most politically engaged. The audience is not a random selection, the pool is loaded with obsessive.

Not plants per se but certainly not just from that area as I wanted to go on QT when it was in Cambridge but didn't get in but they had my details. A few weeks later it was in Leeds or Nottingham can't remember exactly, but they contacted me to ask if I wanted to be part of the audience.

So the opinions certainly aren't just from people from that area.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: September 30, 2017, 08:52:06 pm »

Well they don't have a blemish free record when it comes to audience selection.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/14959179.Why_audience_manipulation_on_BBC_Question_Time_is_an_assault_on_truth_and_journalism/

I do agree with the general point about the audience being self selecting, though I do think the BBC could do a better fo job of weeding out thte councillors who seem to manage to get into the audience fairly regularly.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:55:21 pm by elmo_swatloski »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 5, 2017, 11:31:35 pm »
Michelle dewberry nailing the university debate there

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 5, 2017, 11:32:46 pm »
Would be interested to know who is right regarding the percentage of people from disadvantaged backgrounds going to university as well. Pretty embarrassing for whoever is wrong.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: October 5, 2017, 11:38:56 pm »
Dimbeldy had the numbers from ucas which backed up Damian green

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: October 5, 2017, 11:39:55 pm »
Dimbeldy had the numbers from ucas which backed up Damian green

It certainly sounded like Angela Rayner was talking bollocks. Been very unimpressed every time I've seen her.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: October 5, 2017, 11:48:30 pm »

Hey, I live in Dudley...it's alright where I am. The 'town centre' is a shithole though  :)

Dudley and Walsall both have one Labour and one Tory MP each...all 3 of Wolverhampton's MPs are Labour.

It is a weird mix of traditional Labour voters and Tory / UKIP supporters round here though.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #342 on: October 6, 2017, 12:47:29 am »
Dimbeldy only read out part of the quote about what Jeremy said about student fees.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: October 6, 2017, 12:58:05 am »
Amusing to hear Damian Greens prepared answer to a obvious question on Mays speech. not one person on the panel had a go at May for her coughing or the P45+letters falling off in the background, they only criticized her for what she said in the speech.
Greens turn and he argues everyone is talking about her coughing and all the rest without considering what she actually said.
               Emily Maitlis

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: October 6, 2017, 07:35:24 am »
Dimbeldy only read out part of the quote about what Jeremy said about student fees.
how? He clearly implied he would at the very minimum reduce it with his (I will deal with it comments -think most would take that phrase as he will at least reduce if not eradicate it) only to backtrack after the election with the whole ‘it was an ambition’ bullshit

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: October 6, 2017, 07:43:34 am »
Sarah Churchwell was a bit confusing. The centre being vacated and the tao parties taking extreme sides on left and right? What a load of bull. Labour’s position is hardly the extreme left and nor is the Tories position on the other side.

It almost seems that some of these people just dont like the fact that the public sometime shift their positions based on whats going, be it years of austerity, degrading public services, immigration and debt. Its like they want things to just go on the way things are.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #346 on: October 6, 2017, 07:53:50 am »
how? He clearly implied he would at the very minimum reduce it with his (I will deal with it comments -think most would take that phrase as he will at least reduce if not eradicate it) only to backtrack after the election with the whole ‘it was an ambition’ bullshit

Really we have to do this again Dim just read the first line of the quote making it sound like Jeremy said he would get rid of past debt all together and just laughed at Angela when she tried to but him right hes a total Tory boy and to think I once held a door open for him, should had let it swing back in his face. and he hasn't backtracked he said still that they would look at ways to reduce it.

Its just the media misquoting what he said, Then Jeremy says he didn't say what they are saying he said, then the media say hes backtracking usual shit media tactics.

« Last Edit: October 6, 2017, 08:11:52 am by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 6, 2017, 09:03:55 am »
What good would be lengthening the period of paying it off when any debt disappears after 30 years? Wouldn’t that actually make things worse?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: October 6, 2017, 09:05:14 am »
It certainly sounded like Angela Rayner was talking bollocks. Been very unimpressed every time I've seen her.
as shadow education sec who’s made a big focus on free tuition fees and it’s benefits she should know that to hand, or at the least highlight the supposed drop off rate being higher from poorer people (which I don’t know if it’s true)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: October 12, 2017, 05:42:23 pm »
Today’s Question Time could be pretty interesting. Its from Belfast and it comes just in time after the end of the latest round of talks and with the growing reality of a no deal Brexit.

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 12, 2017, 05:52:01 pm »
Today’s Question Time could be pretty interesting. Its from Belfast and it comes just in time after the end of the latest round of talks and with the growing reality of a no deal Brexit.

Maybe people will actually remember the Irish border issue exists this week!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: October 12, 2017, 05:53:05 pm »
Maybe people will actually remember the Irish border issue exists this week!

Id imagine the Beeb have filled it up with Brexiteers in the audience.

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: October 12, 2017, 06:13:07 pm »
Id imagine the Beeb have filled it up with Brexiteers in the audience.

Got to have that 'balance'.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #353 on: October 12, 2017, 10:58:12 pm »
Welcome to bbcqt from the middle ages next question should we still burn witches.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #354 on: October 12, 2017, 11:00:04 pm »
Welcome to bbcqt from the middle ages next question should we still burn witches.

Abortion rights is a huge issue in that area and should be more widely discussed, so I've no issue with the question.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #355 on: October 12, 2017, 11:09:52 pm »
Abortion rights is a huge issue in that area and should be more widely discussed, so I've no issue with the question.

It shouldn't even be a question in this day and age.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: October 12, 2017, 11:37:45 pm »
Its probably been the best Question Time in ages. Some of the laws and parties may be from centuries ago, but the political discussion on QT whenever they are in Northern Ireland is always good.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: October 18, 2017, 07:57:16 pm »
This week's line-up.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: October 18, 2017, 08:15:57 pm »
Lisa Nandy and Rev Coles are ok, still won't watch it though , been awful since the referendum

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 18, 2017, 08:26:09 pm »
Ah yes, the boss of Next who campaigned for Brexit but doesnt want to see curbs on immigration.