Author Topic: Stoke 6-1 Gerrard  (Read 358356 times)

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stoke 6-1 Gerrard
« Reply #1600 on: May 24, 2015, 08:14:43 pm »
Taxi for Mr Rodgers!
We can't carry on with this experiment, we must get a proven winner. Rafa is off to Madrid, don't know enough about this Klopp fella, but Rodgers is taking us nowhere.

Offline dumbo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1601 on: May 24, 2015, 08:14:47 pm »
Serious question: do we really think another manager, dare I say even Klopp would get us anywhere near top 4 next season?

Personally, no.  But the real question is whether there is faith that Rogers will get us anywhere near the top 4 next season.

I don't know that we have to change the manager, but we certainly need to change something rather quickly to avoid a repeat of summer 2014 and the season that followed it.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: May 24, 2015, 08:15:08 pm »
I still maintain Kenny got screwed over. We were never this awful under him, he wasted nowhere near as much money and he bought the player that drove us forward in Rodger's only decent season.
We were awful. He did waste money and Suarez was practically bought when he arrived.

He is of course twice the manager BR is, but not precisely on his second showing.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #1603 on: May 24, 2015, 08:15:52 pm »

Hes' mentioned it once or twice on twitter I think. Said Klopp would favour us.
** inevitable "Klopp isn't coming" post by Tepid Water or "Appointing Klopp will be the biggest mistake we've made as a club since Hodgson** by SerbianScouser incoming.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:04 pm »
Why Klopp?
he's funny and down to earth?

cracks some mean jokes with the press and celebrates with fists

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1605 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:06 pm »
This Raphael Honnigstein dude on Bt sport seems to think Klopp will go to liverpool.

Can anyone confirm this? if he said this on BT sport earlier.

Careful.

Did he say "in my opinion" or did he say something along the lines of "my sources say".

Because they're two very different things ..... he's well connected in Germany so obviously it's important to distinguish between just an opinion versus him having sources

Offline johnw

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1606 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:12 pm »
Rafa .......please
We've always been shit at corners

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:33 pm »
Taxi for Mr Rodgers!
We can't carry on with this experiment, we must get a proven winner. Rafa is off to Madrid, don't know enough about this Klopp fella, but Rodgers is taking us nowhere.

Klopp has won back to back Bundesliga titles and the German cup also took Dortmund to a Champions League final.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #1608 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:58 pm »
FSG aren't perfect owners, but the amount of stick they get at times is amazing. "THEYD RATHER HIRR FAT SAM THAN APPROACH KLOPP" . My
Fucking shiny shaved arsed

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1609 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:58 pm »
From February 2014 Daily Mirror Poll:-

Who is the most entertaining side to watch?
1   Liverpool   34%
2   Arsenal   15%
3   Manchester City   12%
4   Chelsea   6%
5   Southampton   5%

Let's think carefully about our next move on Brendan Rodgers.
most entertaining because ya literally don't know what the fuck could happen in our matches, good or bad! Ya don't want that type of entertainment, you want success!
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: May 24, 2015, 08:17:09 pm »
Lovren, lallana and markovic cost £65.

£65 sounds about right for the contribution they've made!

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1611 on: May 24, 2015, 08:17:11 pm »
We were amazing back then (well over a year ago by the way), because we had Luis Suarez at his devastating best, Sturridge and co around him to really make it breath taking.

This season, it's probably been entertaining football for 2-3 games. In fact, for a neutral, we'd be one of the most entertaining out there simply because we've been spanked and allowed the opposing team to play some wonderful football. Palace did the double over us (deservedly) beating us 3-1 each time!

A stupidly pointless poll, from a shitty newspaper website, over a year ago, asking a question not directly related to winning titles, and arguably the complete opposite of what we've seen this season .......... is not a reason to pay a man another £3-4m (or whatever he's on) for another season, AND give him control of a transfer kitty which you'd think would be at least £20m in fresh investment (ie on top of whatever's raised from sales).

They need to analyse this properly yes, but the signs just haven't been good enough this season, in the context of spending £100m+ last summer and in getting the best out of his team on the pitch. In fact, he's barely been able to put one together this season - we've not had a goal scorer all season, despite the millions spent (over his time) on strikers.

Your conclusion might be right. However all i am saying is that any decision shouldn't be knee jerk. He did manage some beautiful football for our club last season, more beautiful than under Rafa . Remember those days when almost every game was great. Can he do that again ? If the answer is yes then he should stay. If no then it is time for him to go.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: May 24, 2015, 08:17:41 pm »

Opinions are like holes in the arse, everyone has one. That is why big decisions are left to a few people, because most people do not know thier arse from their elbows.

Hurts seeing the team perform this way, but we were singing his praises last year, he had a shit first year, and bounced back, he has had a shit third year, I would like to give him the chance to bounce back, if he doesnt address those issues by then , then obviously it wasnt meant to be. This season has been tough all round, for many reasons, one more go is in order, and those calling for his head, I hope he can prove wrong, one last chance he will have i hope.

Think most people want him gone because of klopp being available, he isnt coming here, the plan is to build a team who play together , i think he will be given that chance once more. The striker problem needs to be resolved, we got a youngster coming in, and we have sturridge hopefully injury free.

Need to be clever this window, hmmmmmm, its a flat argument in favour right now......... Got to stick with him though.

Brendan didn't have a shit first year. He had a shit first 4 months when the players were adapting to his methods before showing top 4 form from Dec 2012 until the end of the season. This season, Brendan had a shit first 3 months and turned it around in around November all the way through to March before having a horrible final two months. Had Brendan not given up on the season after the Manc game, and continued his mid season revival, the mood would be different around here.

When you are Liverpool manager, you cannot afford to go give up and go on an early holiday like he has done.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1613 on: May 24, 2015, 08:18:01 pm »
Suarez, Carroll, Downing, Adam, Enrique, Henderson and Coates, despite being pilloried for, seems like a reasonable set of buys when up against the list below, most are still managing to play at a reasonable level even if not good enough for us (also net value probably positive if we factor the value of the unsold)

Plus 1 trophy and 1 final in his only season

Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Manquillo, Balotelli, Lambert, Markovic, Can, Coutinho, Sturridge, Ilori, Assaidi, Lovren, Sakho, Allen, Sahin, Yesil, Mignolet. Toure, Cissokho, Moses, Lallana, Can, Moreno

1-6 to stoke, never that bad

Dalglish, if you will remember, was sacked.

I'm sure if Kenny had three years here he'd have some fucking mare's too.
Under Kenny, we wasted money, just like under Rodgers. We made the right decision getting rid of Kenny, but right now it's looking like we just didn't replace him well enough.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #1614 on: May 24, 2015, 08:18:05 pm »

He can turn water to wine.Or Lagavulin.
is Klopp in your blacklist alongside Juventus and Dnipro as well ?

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1615 on: May 24, 2015, 08:18:17 pm »
I don't know what the ultimate decision with Rodgers will or should be, but there are some worrying signs (and I am one of Rodgers biggest fans).

What was seen as one of his biggest strengths the last couple of years, player development and especially young player development, has been sorely lacking from Rodgers this season.  Markovic, Can, and Manquillo have been grossly mishandled.  Whether it is being played out of position or falling out of favor with no obvious signs of drop in form, all three players have either stagnated or declined in their form over the course of the year.  Even Moreno has shown no discernible signs of improvement from the beginning of the season until present.  That is four young players brought in last year with the idea that all would be long term contributors for LFC and yet as we move into the off-season, im not sure any of the four legitimately will be in the immediate plans for the start of next season.

In fact, the only player who has shown any development this season would be Coutinho, and that development is almost solely linked to his ability to score from distance. 

What is even more disturbing, is that looking back, some of the signs were there.  Rodgers badly mishandled the departures of Agger and Reina.  He mishandled the loan of Sahin, and but for an injury to Brad Jones was solidly on his way to mishandling Mignolet.  But for some solid intervention by Ms. Mignolet (and why didnt the coaches catch this) we wouldn't even have had our mid-season renaissance.

Blaming the transfer committee for the summer signings seems very convenient.  Rodgers himself has said multiple times that he has full veto over any player proposed by the committee.  The fact that we signed so many players that don't seemingly fit Rodgers style means a) Rodgers doesnt know what style he actually wants to play; b) Rodgers isnt able to evaluate whether an individual player is right for his style of play, or c) Rodgers doesnt actually have veto power or he lacks the fortitude to try and use it.  If the problem is either a) or b), giving Rodgers more authority over transactions is surely not the solution.

Today was simply more of the same hubris that we have seen from Rodgers at times.  If he was trying to make a statement to his superiors at FSG, I think his players made an even louder statement about their support of the manager.   Going back to a back four, when the 3-5-2 turned our season around is indefensible, as is continuing to play Can at RB when he has shown no ability to play there.  It is clear that Rodgers has been unable to motivate these players to raise their level of play for big games.  Surely in professional sports, being able to get the most out of players, especially in must win games, is one of the biggest roles of a manger.

just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: May 24, 2015, 08:18:21 pm »
We've finished with a +4 GD, matching Souness's 93-94 side, which had the worst GD since the 60s.

5 of the last six seasons Spurs have finished above us. Par.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1617 on: May 24, 2015, 08:18:31 pm »
Fsg are clever... They go about business in the background very quietly...

Are they?
Football is a lie

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: May 24, 2015, 08:18:35 pm »
Conceded 48 this season. I'm not sure it is something Rodgers can fix. What he can do, is create a free scoring side. But that requires the most expensive players on the market. A market we are not in. So you have to ask, from FSG's point of view, what is the point in keeping him without the necessary investment.

As for selling Sterling for £50m, it makes a mockery of developing youth and bringing them through, only then to sell them on to our rivals before they have even approached anywhere near the potential. In this, hopefully exceptional case, not helped by a twat of an agent.
Why can't Brendan 'fix' the defence? His job as a manager/head coach, and the job of our coaching staff, is to find solutions to the problems that the team has - something that he has talked about. We have invested more than enough money on our defence. There aren't any excuses that can be made about our defence. It is woeful at times.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1619 on: May 24, 2015, 08:18:47 pm »
Btw, shout out to Charlie Adam. For all the abuse that one of the greatest posters in history of RAWK (Fordy) got, Charlie has more drive and purpose than quiet a few of the many midfielders we were playing today. Fantastic goal and glad he celebrated
Yeah chuffed to bits for him, what was I thinking being pissed off at losing 6-1 to Stoke ,Charlie fucking Adam scored let's celebrate people.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1620 on: May 24, 2015, 08:19:11 pm »
Amazing how terrified and pessimistic of change some people are. I wonder if it's only LFC related or in all aspects of life ?

Don't forget the immediate desire to go back to something that worked in the past

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: May 24, 2015, 08:19:22 pm »
is Klopp in your blacklist alongside Juventus and Dnipro as well ?

Not at all.He is a very good manager.But he isn't the Messiah.And he will need time if he comes here.
I would not expect a top4 finish in  his first season.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1622 on: May 24, 2015, 08:19:25 pm »

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #1623 on: May 24, 2015, 08:20:10 pm »

Yeah chuffed to bits for him, what was I thinking being pissed off at losing 6-1 to Stoke ,Charlie fucking Adam scored let's celebrate people.
no. Nothing to do with Adam. I just hate this non celebration nonsense. At any level. Any player should celebrate unless it's a long history with the club (Gerrard, Lampard, Del Piero, etc)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1624 on: May 24, 2015, 08:20:20 pm »
Eddie Howe`s appointment over all other favored names meltdown is gonna be absolutely epic.
As long as Ayre's there, you can expect more British shit managers. Rafa or Klopp?
More like Tony Pulis, Timmyboy or McLaren.

Dream on..
That being said- Brendan imo has earned another season thanks to last season.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:22:46 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1625 on: May 24, 2015, 08:20:33 pm »
We've finished with a +4 GD, matching Souness's 93-94 side, which had the worst GD since the 60s.

It`ll continue until FSG change their policy a bit and start closing big deals. If they don`t do that we`ll be at the par regardless of who the manager is.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: May 24, 2015, 08:20:43 pm »
Thanks for the reply people. :wave
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #1627 on: May 24, 2015, 08:20:48 pm »
Klopp has won back to back Bundesliga titles and the German cup also took Dortmund to a Champions League final.

He also had a shocker of a season and finished 7th after what started to look like a relegation dog-fight.

While I think his CL final was a notable feat - I'm not convinced on Rodgers in the cup competitions - I put 2nd in the EPL with Liverpool over winning the Bundesliga with Dortmund.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1628 on: May 24, 2015, 08:21:05 pm »

are they? wheres the evidence because we look a fucking shambles from top to bottom.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1629 on: May 24, 2015, 08:21:30 pm »

We can't compete with Spurs' wages though.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: May 24, 2015, 08:21:47 pm »
Benitez for me
Would take him back in a heartbeat

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1631 on: May 24, 2015, 08:21:50 pm »
He also had a shocker of a season and finished 7th after what started to look like a relegation dog-fight.

While I think his CL final was a notable feat - I'm not convinced on Rodgers in the cup competitions - I put 2nd in the EPL with Liverpool over winning the Bundesliga with Dortmund.

to counter it though, Rodgers didn't buy Suarez. Klopp built that Dortmund side top to bottom.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:08 pm »
no. Nothing to do with Adam. I just hate this non celebration nonsense. At any level. Any player should celebrate unless it's a long history with the club (Gerrard, Lampard, Del Piero, etc)
Ah right fair enough, yeah agree with that especially when he only played for us for a year.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:25 pm »
Not at all.He is a very good manager.But he isn't the Messiah.And he will need time if he comes here.
I would not expect a top4 finish in  his first season.

Feeling more confident about klopp now you said this

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:29 pm »
to counter it though, Rodgers didn't buy Suarez. Klopp built that Dortmund side top to bottom.

Klopp has the ability to attract big names, a proven track record, and is free THIS summer. The opportunity must be taken.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1635 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:30 pm »
As long as Ayre's there, you can expect more British shit managers.
Got nothing to do with Ayre. Only managers FSG were after were A.VB (arguably), Martinez and Rodgers. It`s perfectly clear what they are after regardless of what we think about it.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:32 pm »

he had a ridiculous injury list to deal with at the start of the season

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:41 pm »
I thought Ibe did well today, looked fresh despite being cup tied for so long.

He did well. Liked what I saw. A player who dared to play. Tried to make things happen. Let's hope he can keep going. He can have a bright future here.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1638 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:43 pm »

So one second place in the Premier League = back to back Bundesliga?

Offline jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #1639 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:43 pm »
Please explain how he fits their formula?

They want a top 4 finish with 5th place wages - their formula would call for a manager who can overachieve, who will play young players on low wages and get performances out of them that are worthy of much higher pay.

How does McLaren fit that formula?  That formula is pretty much written for someone like Klopp ..... he'll built his success with a very young squad

It was said slightly tongue in cheek, but while I think Rodgers probably should go, I am worried that FSG could replace him with someone far worse. They have made lots of poor decisions in hiring staff (eg Ayre as chief exec and all of last summers signings). One more bad appointment and we could become Aston Villa
“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.” Bill Shankly