Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2776598 times)

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You've just got to let them know you exist
Re: The NFL Thread...
« Reply #1320 on: November 23, 2006, 09:00:30 am »
we're still here!  all be it, busy at work, and depressed as all hell that the next few years will have the inept Mike McCarthy at the helm...

For a second there I saw 'Mick' instead of Mike. That would be cause to be down :(

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

XBL: MisiuPysiu / PSN: PysiuMisiu
Gamestyle articles what I wrote.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #1321 on: November 24, 2006, 12:19:22 pm »
fins on a 4-game win streak with joey boy beating the boo boys :P wow thats hard to say.....

dallas win easily and the chiefs pound denver into submission.....

wild-card for the fins? :-\ if they were an nfc team they'd probably be number 2 seeds by now :P
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #1322 on: November 26, 2006, 09:07:21 pm »
Jags lose in Overtime again, second time this season, well fed up.

Although quite looking forward to the night game on sky.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #1323 on: November 26, 2006, 09:39:23 pm »
Jags lose in Overtime again, second time this season, well fed up.

Although quite looking forward to the night game on sky.

Wasn't overtime mate, it was as the clock elapsed.  Last play of the game.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1324 on: November 26, 2006, 09:47:15 pm »

Certainly was, smart bit of play by the Bills too with a lateral on the return to get a 42-yd FG.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #1325 on: November 26, 2006, 09:52:50 pm »
The Pats secondary is being ripped apart.  It's been an accident waiting to happen all season to be honest, and with the injuries we've got for this game, the chickens are finally coming home to roost.
Believe.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1326 on: November 26, 2006, 11:00:41 pm »

The Jags and the Falcons are the 2 most frustrating teams to root for this year. They can both fuck off to Timbucktoo (or Vladivostok for that matter).

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #1327 on: November 26, 2006, 11:07:07 pm »
The Jags and the Falcons are the 2 most frustrating teams to root for this year. They can both fuck off to Timbucktoo (or Vladivostok for that matter).

The Falcons owner has said he's going to review the entire organisation from top to bottom this week.  Personally I think he needs to start with the OC and the QB.
Believe.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1328 on: November 26, 2006, 11:29:29 pm »
The Falcons owner has said he's going to review the entire organisation from top to bottom this week.  Personally I think he needs to start with the OC and the QB.

You're questioning Vick?

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #1329 on: November 26, 2006, 11:33:59 pm »
You're questioning Vick?

A bit, yeah.  He really should be hitting his passes a lot more than he is, and some of his decision making is suspect to say the least.  Maybe that's down to the coaching, maybe it's not.  He's got an arm like a jackhammer though, and even if he can run like Linford Christie, he should be using it alot more.
Believe.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #1330 on: November 26, 2006, 11:39:51 pm »
Vick is a dreadful passer as today exemplifies:  9 out of 24 for 84 yds. He had 166 yds rushing but qb's are paid to pass  .  .  not run. Either way, he is an exciting player but the length of his contract was absurd. They'll never win a Super Bowl with this guy, believe me.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #1331 on: November 27, 2006, 12:03:59 am »
Giants doing everything they can to get the Titans back into this one

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1332 on: November 27, 2006, 12:15:42 am »
A bit, yeah.  He really should be hitting his passes a lot more than he is, and some of his decision making is suspect to say the least.  Maybe that's down to the coaching, maybe it's not.  He's got an arm like a jackhammer though, and even if he can run like Linford Christie, he should be using it alot more.

Yeah the way I see it, sometimes he seems more a running back who can pass than a Quarter back who can rush. If you know what I mean?

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay calm, all is well!
« Reply #1333 on: November 27, 2006, 12:15:49 am »
I swear after watching this giant game, it's making me wonder whether or not this league is rigged....

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1334 on: November 27, 2006, 12:16:34 am »
Giants doing everything they can to get the Titans back into this one

And they have just done that. Last second FG wins it for the Titans.

My Pat's look good for the win here.

Edit: And what about LT too, my favourite player in the league outside of the Pat's yet again getting it done. 2 TD's and a pass for another TD.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: November 27, 2006, 12:19:31 am »
I swear after watching this giant game, it's making me wonder whether or not this league is rigged....

Really was unbelievably inept from the Giants in the 4th, Dallas will no doubt turn us over next week as well, playoffs looking a long shot now I suspect

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #1336 on: November 27, 2006, 12:24:57 am »
Yeah the way I see it, sometimes he seems more a running back who can pass than a Quarter back who can rush. If you know what I mean?

Definitely.

GO PATS!!!!! :)
Believe.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: November 27, 2006, 01:50:07 am »
I am not a big fan of the Giants, and I was quite glad that Vince Young is getting the job done. I backed this guy all the time he was playing for the Longhorns.

It was nice to see another QB I backed when he was playing College Football, Jason Campbell, doing well.  He threw for 2 TD's and 0 Int's in his first game last week (a close loss), and today, threw for 2 TD's and 1 Int in the win over the Panthers.

Back to Vick, I thought if Jenkins, Lelie and White did not drop those 3 passes, the game would have been very different. Jenkins has been very disappointing, and trading TJ Duckett was a mistake.

And finally, the game that was shown over here was Pats-Bears.  I think this is getting interesting now, and the Bears got a real challenge.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: November 27, 2006, 01:59:54 am »
If they can keep people fit I really can't look beyond Dallas for the NFC right now

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: November 27, 2006, 02:02:52 am »
If they can keep people fit I really can't look beyond Dallas for the NFC right now

Good shout, and Parcells is a great coach ( despite not winning the SuperBowl with the Pats.)

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1340 on: November 27, 2006, 01:54:52 pm »

Yeah thats my thoughts too. Like I said before, Romo is the new Brady.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #1341 on: November 27, 2006, 02:44:55 pm »
Another week, another comeback for the Chargers. Now all we need is the quarterback to hit form.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Jai

• oh?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh the carnage
« Reply #1342 on: November 27, 2006, 08:15:59 pm »
Actually, going into this game I think that Rivers was rated as the 3rd best QB in the league. That was really his first bad game for us. Our whole offense was poor though, I really didn't think that we were going to pull that one out. I had to leave in the 4th quarter to pick up my wife at the airport and was watching the game in the airport bar waiting for her to get in. Right before LT passed to Gates to tie the game a flight came in from Oakland of all places and a bunch of Raider fans had to walk past the bar packed full of Charger fans while we were celebrating the touchdown. Then they were all milling around as we stopped their offense and went back to win the game. Oh how I love beating the Raiders.

Offline SteeleRED

• Crazy loudmouthed American who doesn't give a s*** what you think of him
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #1343 on: November 27, 2006, 09:30:29 pm »
I'm here to stick the official fork in my Stillers season: they are done and dusted!  :(
What a pathetic, pitiful showing vs. the CRavens yesterday, next to the Browns my least favorite team in the NFL. I freakin' hate the ba_tards!  And I hate losing to them! Especially that way. :no
Football fan, yes, but fan of many other sports, too.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: November 27, 2006, 11:29:35 pm »
Next to Washington, the Baltimore Ravens are my second most despised team in that entire league. With Washington it's the owner I can't stand and with Baltimore it's their head coach and that repulsive criminal, Ray Lewis. Rant over.

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: November 28, 2006, 01:27:45 am »
Next to Washington, the Baltimore Ravens are my second most despised team in that entire league. With Washington it's the owner I can't stand and with Baltimore it's their head coach and that repulsive criminal, Ray Lewis. Rant over.

Am a 'Skin, an have got money on the Ravens for XLI  ;D
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1346 on: November 28, 2006, 01:35:46 am »
Can't see the Ravens getting anywhere near the final.

Final has to be two of Colts, Pats, Cowboys, Bears.

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1347 on: November 28, 2006, 03:45:23 pm »
anyone else see the ukpats fans flag at foxboro?that was a good game,loved brady's run.dont like the turf.

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay calm, all is well!
« Reply #1348 on: November 28, 2006, 03:47:27 pm »
anyone else see the ukpats fans flag at foxboro?that was a good game,loved brady's run.dont like the turf.

the turf has got to go!  It should be banned, totally ruins the game.

Offline Jai

• oh?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh the carnage
« Reply #1349 on: November 28, 2006, 04:27:39 pm »
By the way, I hear that the bookies/betting folk/point giving individuals/whatever you call them are only giving the Chargers 6 points against the Bills.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/odds
If I were a betting man, which I am not, I would put a little cash on the Chargers. They looked bad against the Raiders but still won by a TD and the Raiders are a lot better right now than people give them credit for. On top of that, we are getting Shawne Merriman back from suspension (and hopefully DE Luis Castillo back from injury) which will vastly improve our pass-rush and take the heat off of our secondary which is our weak link. We have won our last few games without our 2 most dominant defensive players so I would be very surprised if we didn't beat the Bills comfortably on Sunday. Then again, it is the NFL and we could have a disastrous game and get buried so don't quote me on any of this.

p.s. I agree that Ray Lews is scum.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 04:36:40 pm by chink »

Offline mjgill85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bees? Beads?
« Reply #1350 on: November 29, 2006, 10:46:07 am »
Wow, it's amazing how the Packers defense can make 4 turnovers and still look awful :(
@_michaelgill

Offline Ian-TN

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: November 30, 2006, 03:29:39 am »
Can't see the Ravens getting anywhere near the final.

Final has to be two of Colts, Pats, Cowboys, Bears.

Can't really see past either the Cowboys or the Bears for the NFC spot, but can yer trust Vanderjagt(sp?), Romo or Grossman if either does? I personally wouldn't.

Pats don't seem like the Pats of recent seasons, an that's simply cos the ain't I know but I can't see them doing it this year. Still not convinced about Brady's options.

The Colts are the Colts really. Would be nice to see them finally get it done but it'd take a huge effort to do it after the recent few years failures. An a loss in teh conference could mean the end up number 2 in AFC an doubt the would like to be going to New England or Baltimore come the new year.

As for the Ravens well the just scream solid to be. The have a strong defense, an added to a good runnin game the now have McNair which is huge. I like Stover as well, an would have faith in him gettin it done if needed.

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: November 30, 2006, 02:24:48 pm »
Can't really see past either the Cowboys or the Bears for the NFC spot, but can yer trust Vanderjagt(sp?), Romo or Grossman if either does? I personally wouldn't.

Don't you know Bill Parcels released Vanderjagt on Monday and signed Martin Grammatica?

Offline Ian-TN

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: November 30, 2006, 04:30:41 pm »
Obviously not  ;D

Certainly will add something to their challenge although his last two full seasons haven't gone that well if memory serves.

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1354 on: December 2, 2006, 01:18:16 am »
I won some money on Bengals beating the Ravens, but it was a pretty average match really. 2 good sides pretty much cancelling each other out.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: December 3, 2006, 05:19:42 pm »
Just placed my first NFL bet in about five years. I promised myself I'd never bet a "teaser" but I could use a few quid especially at this time of the year  ;)

Anyway I played a four-team "sweetheart teaser" where you change the line by 13 points and so here we go:

Tennessee +20 vs Colts
New England Pick Em' vs Detroit
Buffalo +19 vs San Diego
Dallas +10 vs Giants

Whaddya think?

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1356 on: December 3, 2006, 05:59:54 pm »
Just placed my first NFL bet in about five years. I promised myself I'd never bet a "teaser" but I could use a few quid especially at this time of the year  ;)

Anyway I played a four-team "sweetheart teaser" where you change the line by 13 points and so here we go:

Tennessee +20 vs Colts
Buffalo +19 vs San Diego
Dallas +10 vs Giants

Whaddya think?

Can see them all coming in except the Colts. Colts will hammer the Titans I reckon.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #1357 on: December 3, 2006, 06:16:36 pm »
Can see them all coming in except the Colts. Colts will hammer the Titans I reckon.

didnt last time out and its in Tennessee never an easy place for division rivals. if the giants win could be more than 10 though....if they win that is!
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1358 on: December 3, 2006, 08:40:21 pm »

Tennessee +20 vs Colts
Buffalo +19 vs San Diego
Dallas +10 vs Giants

Whaddya think?

Edit: Pats sorted it out for ya in the 4th quarter.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2006, 09:07:44 pm by Tom_B »

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: December 3, 2006, 09:26:45 pm »
Edit: Pats sorted it out for ya in the 4th quarter.
Looks like the Pats knew they'd been in a game. That one had me a little concerned.