Author Topic: FT Liverpool 3 vs Arsenal 1 (Firmino 9', Mane 40', Welbeck 57', Gini 92')  (Read 76217 times)

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
He was sensational. He had more penetrative passes in the first half than Henderson in entire season. The cynical foul was also a thing of absolute beauty.

The talk of a huge drop-off from Hendo to Can was one of the worst shouts I read on this board. He's the most natural 6 in our squad and deserves to stay in the team.

Really?

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

That's what football is. That's what it's all about. Thanks, Reds.

Really sorry to hear that mate.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Really?
Henderson is not even trying to penetrate with passes through the middle from deep, he's either gonna lay it off to a CB or make the telegraphed pass out to FB, so yeah.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
@TravisBrickle, we are sorry for you losing your Dad this week. It must be even harder to try to enjoy the things you shared with your Dad. He would want you to go on and see us achieve things and follow in his steps as a red. YNWA

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
👍👍👍 season isn't over yet

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate - hope the win tonight eased your pain a little.

Your Dad would have been proud of the Reds performance tonight.

YNWA.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles

That one was for your dad Travis.

All the best from your Red family, take care.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer

Yes it is mate. Sorry for your loss. YNWA.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Some great play throughout the side and in all phases of the play. We didnt give them a second to get into rhythm, even when they were around our box. Great play overall.

I reckon we probably were thrown a curve ball with Giroud but the players were not to be denied. Great from the manager getting the players up for this after Monday.

Offline IvanDobskey

• Anny Roader
  • Mr Hoppeeeeee.....
Exactly the sort of game we win, fully expected.

Now let's see us beat Burnley. That's a game i expect us to lose.
I only said I done it so they'd take the rat out of me anus!

Offline Show Me The Exit

• Anny Roader
  • No Mané mo' problems.
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match.

So sorry mate, YNWA.
Mate, with all due respect, you are an absolute fucking fruit case -MOZ

Seriously mate - You post such utter fucking gash with such conviction it's quite spell binding. - Alan_X

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Henderson is not even trying to penetrate with passes through the middle from deep, he's either gonna lay it off to a CB or make the telegraphed pass out to FB, so yeah.

That's just a bit myopic I reckon. Totally disagree with that.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1

Really sorry to hear that....

I hope that in time, good nights like tonight will bring back happy memories of him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Show Me The Exit

• Anny Roader
  • No Mané mo' problems.
Great win - we should have smashed five past those bottlers but lets hope that it pushes the team on to close the sesaon in style.
Mate, with all due respect, you are an absolute fucking fruit case -MOZ

Seriously mate - You post such utter fucking gash with such conviction it's quite spell binding. - Alan_X

Offline YerBaldyHead

• Kemlynite
  • There shall be no mercy in Jurgen's dōjō
Think the likes of Mane and Lallana singled out for the most praise and deservedly so, but Gini Wijnaldum has quietly been our best big game player this season. Assist on his debut vs Arsenal, MOTM vs Chelsea away and an equalising goal vs them at home (two games in which he comes out on top vs the best midfielder in the league in Kante), winning goal vs City, assist vs Spurs at home and capping off another great performance with a goal today.

Fans needed this lift but gotta remember that nothing has changed here, beating the likes if Arsenal hasn't been our problem. Anything other than a win v Burnley is a disaster.

Up Jurgen's bastard reds.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo

:scarf all the best lad.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Now let's see us beat Burnley. That's a game i expect us to lose.

No, not this time. I fully expect us to thrash them by 4 or 5 goals. City and Everton matches will both be tough ones though.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
That's just a bit myopic I reckon. Totally disagree with that.

Think people are being a bit disrespectful to SS thinking he was being serious.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No, not this time. I fully expect us to thrash them by 4 or 5 goals. City and Everton matches will both be tough ones though.

Really? City and Everton are teams we have very good records against. Besides, how come you think we'll thrash Burnley but have it tough against the other two?

Offline Treedon

• Kemlynite
I am sure it has been mentioned before but we seemed to have a bit of nastiness about us today. Can especially played on the edge of the laws of the game and that is exactly what we have been missing at times this season.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
I think we were handed the game by Arsenal when they decided to leave Sanchez on the bench to start with.

Absolutely weird decision but ah well I'll take that.

We were good but and just on that game it was brilliant. However for the season our next game we have to play a lot better against a side who will sit back. If we lost that momentum then we may as well go home, we may as well not bother with performances like this tonight.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan

Well Emre definitely had a good first half but I still think that's a bit harsh on Hendo.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Really? City and Everton are teams we have very good records against. Besides, how come you think we'll thrash Burnley but have it tough against the other two?

I still think we will beat Everton but just saying it won't be as easy as we think. They are on a good run, they haven't lost in the last 9 matches or something. That being said, i hope they get a point tomorrow to help us. And City away will be a huge test, I will take a draw there.

Also, City and Everton are better teams tan Burnley. At one point we will win against teams outside of Top 6 ;)
« Last Edit: March 4, 2017, 09:57:45 pm by elsewhere »

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
3-1!
Yet another time that we stepped up against a top side. A really good performance. We should have killed the game much earlier than we did, given the number of chances we created. Still, a very good performance and I hope we can build on this. We can't let this kind of result go to waste. We are too good for that.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
It's really important that we kick on in our next match, so often have we beaten another top club then fucked up against a shit side that park the bus!

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Yes!

Has tweeted about us a few times.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
He was sensational. He had more penetrative passes in the first half than Henderson in entire season. The cynical foul was also a thing of absolute beauty.

The talk of a huge drop-off from Hendo to Can was one of the worst shouts I read on this board. He's the most natural 6 in our squad and deserves to stay in the team.

The cynical foul didn't stop play or the chance that that came after it. If you're gonna get booked, make it count.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Was so obvious we'd win this game, which was what added to Monday's disappointment.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
Think the likes of Mane and Lallana singled out for the most praise and deservedly so, but Gini Wijnaldum has quietly been our best big game player this season. Assist on his debut vs Arsenal, MOTM vs Chelsea away and an equalising goal vs them at home (two games in which he comes out on top vs the best midfielder in the league in Kante), winning goal vs City, assist vs Spurs at home and capping off another great performance with a goal today.

Fans needed this lift but gotta remember that nothing has changed here, beating the likes if Arsenal hasn't been our problem. Anything other than a win v Burnley is a disaster.

Up Jurgen's bastard reds.

Yeah Wijnaldum is an interesting one.

Against teams who will attack us (basically the top 6) you really see what his value is - being a late runner into the box.  It's a massive asset when you can get goal threats from deeper lying players.

Against teams that sit deep those options rarely present themselves so he can't make the same impact on the match.

All part of the process for Klopp to figure out how to get the most out of the team.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
I am sure it has been mentioned before but we seemed to have a bit of nastiness about us today. Can especially played on the edge of the laws of the game and that is exactly what we have been missing at times this season.

Been saying it for a while. Chelsea do it very well. We need to do it against smaller teams.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
Lallana though...

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bobby looks like Luis in that gif

Nah, one of them has really distinctive teeth... and the other ones Luis Suarez.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was so obvious we'd win this game, which was what added to Monday's disappointment.

Forget about Monday, it was a shit result but we're third for now and we've done what we needed to do this weekend. We just need to keep doing that, even against the smaller teams like Burnley.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
The cynical foul didn't stop play or the chance that that came after it. If you're gonna get booked, make it count.
Agree but it will work next time. It's nice to know he has it in his locker because you need to be snide in that position and that's why I've been saying for a while he's a most natural 6 in our squad in every sense. It would be a travesty if he got dropped now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Only if you let it, just enjoy today. Like the manager said when a team is developing they have to learn to win consistently. It's not something that comes naturally its something that has to click when everything comes together. The best thing is to remember games like this when we have a setback, and realize we have the makings of a really good team. We just need to find those final pieces, then everything will come together.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan

Utter rubbish if you think Can is better than Henderson. Don't know if you're taking the piss or not.

Henderson is a better defensive midfielder, is intelligent in his position, his pressing capabilities are excellent and he's far far more mobile than Can.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Troopz on Arsenal TV - fair play to him when someone sticks a Don't But The Sun sticker on him...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2i-JrQI6hWQ?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2i-JrQI6hWQ?fs=1</a>
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Good on him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
Troopz on Arsenal TV - fair play to him when someone sticks a Don't But The Sun sticker on him...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2i-JrQI6hWQ?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2i-JrQI6hWQ?fs=1</a>

He seems a good guy. I don't get why Arsenal Fan TV gets the stick it does - they seem like decent blokes (well, from what I've seen). I've seen far far far worse, namely that channel of utter delusion and dunces with United Stand (with that bloke who looks like a dead pug warmed up).

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Is he saying "Bruv" or "blood"