Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 155155 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #1120 on: April 29, 2015, 07:21:53 am »
I think we all know our situation - strikers.

Brendan and the Commision should have done better in that dept. last Summer and most of us knew this. The Balotelli signing brought a small bit of relief along with the suspicions.

Anyway, I don't have a problem at all with Brendan's post game comments. He knows the situation as do we. He's done well seeing as we're without quality and guile upfront.

Having said all that, he needs to sort this out in the Summer. The players we're linked with just shows that at least we are trying to sort out the striking nightmare up-front. We have been beaten to our first option for each seasons Brendan's been here, but this Summer, FSG, The Commision and Brendan's really got to start weighing up the consequences of letting go or digging in our heels when Depay's lawyers and Agent up their demands. I'm not all for overpaying and yielding to demands, but once in a while you can do that. In this case- WE NEED TO.

Get Depay in- if we remain flexible, we can. Then sort Ings and A.N Other.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline flipflan

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Back off Warchild
« Reply #1121 on: April 29, 2015, 07:27:12 am »
Painful. Coutinho is sublime but as a whole we lack, erm, footballers who can play good football and have the desire to do such a thing. Been defensive of Rodgers but that's getting tricky these days.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: April 29, 2015, 07:28:41 am »
I think we all know our situation - strikers.

Brendan and the Commision should have done better in that dept. last Summer and most of us knew this. The Balotelli signing brought a small bit of relief along with the suspicions.

Anyway, I don't have a problem at all with Brendan's post game comments. He knows the situation as do we. He's done well seeing as we're without quality and guile upfront.

Having said all that, he needs to sort this out in the Summer. The players we're linked with just shows that at least we are trying to sort out the striking nightmare up-front. We have been beaten to our first option for each seasons Brendan's been here, but this Summer, FSG, The Commision and Brendan's really got to start weighing up the consequences of letting go or digging in our heels when Depay's lawyers and Agent up their demands. I'm not all for overpaying and yielding to demands, but once in a while you can do that. In this case- WE NEED TO.

Get Depay in- if we remain flexible, we can. Then sort Ings and A.N Other.

Targeting Ings and Benteke is not learning from your mistakes I'm afraid. Whoever is targetting these players needs to get the sack before it's too late.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1123 on: April 29, 2015, 07:36:47 am »
Targeting Ings and Benteke is not learning from your mistakes I'm afraid. Whoever is targetting these players needs to get the sack before it's too late.
I'm not for Benteke, but I'll take Ings as a 4th option. He would be a decent enough option then. We need to get in a quality striker with movement as a first option. Dropkick Balotelli and let Lambert go.

Then we can get in another quality striker- as competition. We'd have two then in addition to Daniel. They can be supported by Origi and Ings.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1124 on: April 29, 2015, 07:38:48 am »
You a fan of Emery or not?

Personally i thought Dick Emery was really good, he was ' Really Awful but i liked it'
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1125 on: April 29, 2015, 07:39:30 am »

Another FM genius at large!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1126 on: April 29, 2015, 07:41:27 am »
anyone have Tony Barrett's full match report??

Michael Dawson rises to challenge as Liverpool’s misery grows

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4425582.ece

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #1127 on: April 29, 2015, 07:41:29 am »
The man clueless, will never be a top 4 manager even if he spends another £200 million on players
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: April 29, 2015, 07:45:04 am »
Another FM genius at large!

You really believe we can win a league or a Champions League with Benteke and Ings?

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
« Reply #1129 on: April 29, 2015, 07:45:25 am »

I not a fan of Rodgers however I feel the same I think he was more measured and reasonable in his post match comments. Hopefully a sign of things to come (if he stays)

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: April 29, 2015, 07:46:26 am »
The man clueless, will never be a top 4 manager

Last season?

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1131 on: April 29, 2015, 07:48:51 am »
The man clueless, will never be a top 4 manager even if he spends another £200 million on players
Where did we finish last season?
JFT97

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #1132 on: April 29, 2015, 07:50:51 am »

Starting to think this. I like rodgers but I think he has so many ideas that he over complicates football. This season is starting to feel like the end of Kennys tenure but without the two cup finals.

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
« Reply #1133 on: April 29, 2015, 07:51:25 am »
Where did we finish last season?

Where will we finish this, dopey?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: April 29, 2015, 07:52:39 am »
Of course he didn't teach him to score goals, I don't recall a anyone ever saying that. What he did was build a team around him and as a result Luis reached a level of playing beyond that he'd reached before. Barca weren't snapping him up from Ajax, it was with us that he became one of the best few players in the world.

It amazes me that's it become a knock on Brendan to make the most out of his best player. He gets zero credit for it, like Suarez just decided to have a great season and he'd have scored 30+ goals under anyone. Total nonsense. Not to mention the other players that had very good years, Sturridge being one and he'd never played as well under any other manager either.

No he didn't build a team around him at all.
Players like Messi, Ronaldo, Suraez you don't build teams around as they've just masters at what they do. They're born winners.

Only thing rodgers needed to do was concentrate on our defense and he fucked that up and it's still a mess.

Look the bottom line is if Rodgers was a player for us we would be saying he isn't good enough. As a manager he isn't good enough. For this club to move forward now we need better and that's the cold hard facts of the matter.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:59:20 am by Fordy »

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: April 29, 2015, 07:53:05 am »
Anyone a stat how many games we lost without Lucas?

It's a matter of quality in midfield... experience, reading the game, discipline etc.

It's not there, Jordan and Joe cannot do that.

The tactical inflexibility from Rodgers is another thing, we should be able to beat Hull, no matter which way. To say we were not aggressive enough and lacking quality is a little bit of an easy excuse to me.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:54:53 am by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1136 on: April 29, 2015, 07:57:30 am »
Anyone a stat how many games we lost without Lucas?

It's a matter of quality in midfield... experience, reading the game, discipline etc.

It's not there, Jordan and Joe cannot do that.

The tactical inflexibility from Rodgers is another thing, we should be able to beat Hull, no matter which way. To say we were not aggressive enough and lacking quality is a little bit of an easy excuse to me.

It's a matter of woeful team selections time and again

It's a matter of the players appearing completely unmotivated by the manager

It's a matter of the manager spending £120 million on attacking players who have contributed less than double figure goals COMBINED in the league this season

This isn't something that gets sorted with a goal scorer or Lucas playing more games. It's a clear out needed from the top.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: April 29, 2015, 08:00:21 am »
Last season?
haven't you and everyone else realised yet that it was Suarez that carried the whole team on his shoulders last year and made Brendan look like he was the best next thing!

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: April 29, 2015, 08:05:24 am »
haven't you and everyone else realised yet that it was Suarez that carried the whole team on his shoulders last year and made Brendan look like he was the best next thing!

That's easy to say when we're not playing well. You can't give Brendan no credit for last season. Unless you have some sort of agenda.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: April 29, 2015, 08:05:31 am »
I think he's gone at seasons end. If he was sure of staying he would/should be using this time to try new things in preparation for the coming season but it looks like he's going through the motions at best. The players don't want to play for him anymore, maybe they don't believe or trust that he knows where he's taking them and why should they? he blew their last chance of silverware this season to villa through lack of preparation.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: April 29, 2015, 08:06:40 am »
on last nights match.

Where was Can playing? I like Can a lot but he is no full back.

It was like he was playing at full back but then running In to Cm when we had the ball then ball to full back when not.

Why didn't Rodgers take his fav Allen off who offers hardly any goals then move Can into CM and put a full back on.

Rodgers hasn't got a clue at the mintue .. Not a clue.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: April 29, 2015, 08:06:54 am »
I think he's gone at seasons end. If he was sure of staying he would/should be using this time to try new things in preparation for the coming season but it looks like he's going through the motions at best. The players don't want to play for him anymore, maybe they don't believe or trust that he knows where he's taking them and why should they? he blew their last chance of silverware this season to villa through lack of preparation.

I dont think he is gone because he is talking about new signings a lot but yeah he is looking like going through the motions.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: April 29, 2015, 08:10:14 am »
I dont think he is gone because he is talking about new signings a lot but yeah he is looking like going through the motions.

All managers talk about new signings. That doesn't matter.

One thing about football now is a manager can be here today and gone the next.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1143 on: April 29, 2015, 08:10:15 am »
The poster clueless, we finished top four last season.

Think we should give Brendan one more season, give him some strikers and see if he can turn this around. He`s fucked up this season, no doubt, as has the fabled committee, but I`m seriously concerned that starting again is only going to put us back even further.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: April 29, 2015, 08:13:40 am »
The poster clueless, we finished top four last season.

Think we should give Brendan one more season, give him some strikers and see if he can turn this around. He`s fucked up this season, no doubt, as has the fabled committee, but I`m seriously concerned that starting again is only going to put us back even further.

Why give him one more season?

We've already given him over 200m. What more do you want? You feel sorry for him?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: April 29, 2015, 08:14:58 am »
If we do sign some players then i hope between them they can contribute goals, set piece delivery and can take a free kick and penalties. Its safe to say our team has lost the ability to score, take a free kick, penalty and corner with the loss of Suarez, Sturridge and Gerrard.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: April 29, 2015, 08:16:01 am »
I think if Rodgers can complete a clearout and find buyers for all the players that are surplus to requirements he should be allowed to stay, whether that is with a DoF or a revamped TC, i don't know but something has to change on that front.

The dressing room IMO is a rats nest at the moment littered with players who are either difficult to handle (Sterling, Balotelli, Sturridge) or have allegedly an axe to grind with Rodgers (some justifiably) (Borini, Lambert, Sakho, Toure).

When you have this kind of unruly dressing room you need strong figures to deal with it and keep people in line and at the moment we have a young manager whose tactical nous is being questioned and a prospective captain who is also very inexperienced.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #1147 on: April 29, 2015, 08:18:27 am »
I'm not for Benteke, but I'll take Ings as a 4th option. He would be a decent enough option then. We need to get in a quality striker with movement as a first option. Dropkick Balotelli and let Lambert go.

Then we can get in another quality striker- as competition. We'd have two then in addition to Daniel. They can be supported by Origi and Ings.

What?  You not in for Benteke?   I think he would be a good signing.  Why?   He is a very physical striker, fairly goalscorer, well-known as being of the foremost exponents of the glancing header.   He would be able to score as many as goals with this technique that could make him particularly effective from set-pieces (corners, free kicks, etc).    I've seen wingers making so many low crosses which I thinkt that makes current strikers' kicking skills rather than heading skills.   I believe that Lambert can do that, but quite slow at his age.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1148 on: April 29, 2015, 08:19:35 am »
We were the form team coming into the game against Utd. We were playing the best football in the league. There was no doubt that the momentum was with us and we would coast to 4th.

However since then we have looked like relegation fodder and now every team wants to play us as we have lost our way. It was very important for Rodgers that the team turned this around and kept going to the last game. That hasn't happened and it doesn't look like happening. The team has played well in long patches but when the chips are down they consistently fail to deliver.

The owners will make up their minds soon and in my opinion they will decide against Rodgers as his team will not progress without another Suarez. This year has been all over the place with no real pattern.

The horrible thing is that we need to throw money at the first team again. I don't have confidence that anyone knows who to buy nor to convince them to come here. I also don't think any decent manager would take the risk of moving here.

We go round and round in circles throwing money around but get nowhere.  We may as well stop spending, keep Rodgers and accept that we are on a par with Swansea; play nice football but won't win anything.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:22:21 am by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #1149 on: April 29, 2015, 08:19:37 am »
on last nights match.

Where was Can playing? I like Can a lot but he is no full back.

It was like he was playing at full back but then running In to Cm when we had the ball then ball to full back when not.

Why didn't Rodgers take his fav Allen off who offers hardly any goals then move Can into CM and put a full back on.

Rodgers hasn't got a clue at the mintue .. Not a clue.

He will be a midfield beast next season if Rodgers can see his ability!

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1150 on: April 29, 2015, 08:20:04 am »
Why give him one more season?

We've already given him over 200m. What more do you want? You feel sorry for him?
No Fordy, if you`ve read any of my recent comments on Rodgers, I`ve been very scathing of him. There`s no sorry about it, none at all. I`m more concerned about the future of this club, I`m concerned that if we rip it up now, it will set us further back. We`ve got history of doing this haven`t we? Rafa springs to mind, throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Right now, with emotions running high, I`d get rid of Rodgers. In the cold light of day, I realise that could put us on a very slippery slope, therefore, I believe we would be best to give him some strikers and one more season.

Edit - Thinking about it Fordy, your " feeling sorry for him" question there. Did you feel sorry for Charlie Adam when you issued Fatwa`s against anyone who said anything negative about him, did you think of the furture of the club?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: April 29, 2015, 08:21:03 am »

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: April 29, 2015, 08:21:06 am »
I've not read the thread as there is so much, but the most disappointing thing for me last night was the glaring inevitability of it all.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: April 29, 2015, 08:21:32 am »
Technically, he has been in an offside position a gazillion times; but has never actually interfered with play.

I honestly can't remember the last time he actually interfered with play when he was onside ?7
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: April 29, 2015, 08:21:37 am »
Of course he didn't teach him to score goals, I don't recall a anyone ever saying that. What he did was build a team around him and as a result Luis reached a level of playing beyond that he'd reached before. Barca weren't snapping him up from Ajax, it was with us that he became one of the best few players in the world.

It amazes me that's it become a knock on Brendan to make the most out of his best player. He gets zero credit for it, like Suarez just decided to have a great season and he'd have scored 30+ goals under anyone. Total nonsense. Not to mention the other players that had very good years, Sturridge being one and he'd never played as well under any other manager either.

Agree. Rodgers deserves credit for it. He transformed Suarez, or perhaps it's better to say Rodgers put Suarez back at the fantastic level he was at with Ajax. Even if the instruction was just 'go play as you like', it worked. If it was so simple, we'd have Lambert or Balotelli on 15 goals this season.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: April 29, 2015, 08:22:20 am »
That's easy to say when we're not playing well. You can't give Brendan no credit for last season. Unless you have some sort of agenda.
no agenda at all. it was mainly down to Suarez's commitment, passion, winning mentality, hunger for success, etc) mainly.
There's no denying that Brendan has failed miserably this season. We have been atrocious, gutless, amateurish, etc.
He is NOT GOOD enough to compete for top 4 in premier league. You are(nothing personal here!) deluded if you think next season(if he's still in charge??) we finish in the top 4

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: April 29, 2015, 08:22:57 am »
We'd be hard pushed to fucking twat Queen Of The South at this rate.

My local side mate now, doing okay as well.
 :D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: April 29, 2015, 08:25:32 am »
No Fordy, if you`ve read any of my recent comments on Rodgers, I`ve been very scathing of him. There`s no sorry about it, none at all. I`m more concerned about the future of this club, I`m concerned that if we rip it up now, it will set us further back. We`ve got history of doing this haven`t we? Rafa springs to mind, throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Right now, with emotions running high, I`d get rid of Rodgers. In the cold light of day, I realise that could put us on a very slippery slope, therefore, I believe we would be best to give him some strikers and one more season.

Edit - Thinking about it Fordy, your " feeling sorry for him" question there. Did you feel sorry for Charlie Adam when you issued Fatwa`s against anyone who said anything negative about him, did you think of the furture of the club?

David Hendrick ‏@DaveHendrick_AI Apr 25

"Sacking Rodgers will set us back 2 years". Yep, because sacking Souness for Evans, Evans for Ged, Ged for Rafa, Hodge for Kenny and

Kenny for Rodgers really set us back didn't it? Only time we've been set back by sacking a manager was Hodge replacing Rafa and we were

Slipping under Rafa anyway and finished in about the same league position after Kenny took over.
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
« Reply #1158 on: April 29, 2015, 08:25:35 am »
Agree. Rodgers deserves credit for it. He transformed Suarez, or perhaps it's better to say Rodgers put Suarez back at the fantastic level he was at with Ajax. Even if the instruction was just 'go play as you like', it worked. If it was so simple, we'd have Lambert or Balotelli on 15 goals this season.
Suarez is a phenomenon. He's even breathed new life into Barca even with all the talent they have. Once he left the foundations left behind were weak. And despite the enormous investment pumped into the team lat summer - we still look just as weak.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: April 29, 2015, 08:25:52 am »
If we do sign some players then i hope between them they can contribute goals, set piece delivery and can take a free kick and penalties. Its safe to say our team has lost the ability to score, take a free kick, penalty and corner with the loss of Suarez, Sturridge and Gerrard.

Well all of a sudden being captain means taking all set plays.