Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2793141 times)

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #12360 on: January 22, 2021, 05:40:17 pm »
They have evolved and certainly don't rely on Aguero and KDB alone any more. Defensively the best team in the league and have several goal scorers, looking very good for them.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12361 on: January 22, 2021, 06:11:15 pm »
18/19 he missed most of the season and they still won 14 in a row to pip us by a point.

That’s the one I meant, memory’s gone!

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12362 on: January 22, 2021, 10:08:41 pm »
De Bruyne is such a brilliant player and I would never wish injury on a player, especially a gent like De Bruyne. But this is undoubtedly a positive for us from a competitive perspective, just like I’m sure opposition supporters would admit that Van Dijk being injured is a competitive advantage for them.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12363 on: January 23, 2021, 12:36:35 am »
Back for our game

Of course he will be, put money on it
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #12364 on: January 26, 2021, 12:32:27 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55790817

Here is Micah Richards, telling Man City they should sign Diego Costa to win the title.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12365 on: January 26, 2021, 01:37:14 pm »

Here is Micah Richards, telling Man City they should sign Diego Costa to win the title.

To be fair, that's probably not the worst shout Richards has made.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12366 on: January 26, 2021, 01:51:08 pm »
Bigger revenues them them now and we didn't need 80% of commercial revenues linked to an owner/state to do it.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12367 on: January 27, 2021, 08:09:05 am »
Imagine being so irrelevant that your "biggest rivals" always want you to win the league when they aren't competing directly with you.

Them winning is akin to the season being declared null and void.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12368 on: January 27, 2021, 08:36:59 am »
It looks like Gundogan is on the same stuff B. Silva was on a few seasons ago.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12369 on: January 27, 2021, 08:43:49 am »

They probably have to meet some sort of ugly quota before the end of the month.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12370 on: January 27, 2021, 08:47:56 am »
It looks like Gundogan is on the same stuff B. Silva was on a few seasons ago.

Was thinking that myself.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12371 on: January 27, 2021, 10:21:03 am »
7 goals in 14 mathes for Ilkay now. For those who watched them often, is his position changed by Pep this year?

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12372 on: January 27, 2021, 10:31:27 am »
In some ways seeing Man City go top gives a bit of much needed familiarity. Like having a bit of comfort in a known target to aim for. Seeing Man Utd up there blurs the mind lol
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #12373 on: January 27, 2021, 11:05:31 am »
Love watching De Bruyne, fabulous player. Strikes me as a sociopath though.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12374 on: January 27, 2021, 11:29:00 am »
In some ways seeing Man City go top gives a bit of much needed familiarity. Like having a bit of comfort in a known target to aim for. Seeing Man Utd up there blurs the mind lol

Agreed. Should the unthinkable happen and they end up with the title I'll enjoy calling it the asterisk season

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12375 on: January 27, 2021, 11:46:45 am »
I hate everything about City, but from a purely footy perspective, I'd rather they won it than the other lot, if we don't. Its a shit season anyway, but seeing a bunch of cheating, diving, kick and rush merchants win the league and that gurning fucking hobbit make me want to puke.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12376 on: January 27, 2021, 11:49:20 am »
De Bruyne is such a brilliant player and I would never wish injury on a player, especially a gent like De Bruyne. But this is undoubtedly a positive for us from a competitive perspective, just like I’m sure opposition supporters would admit that Van Dijk being injured is a competitive advantage for them.

Agreed - every single team in the league has taken advantage of our injuries at some point this season.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12377 on: January 27, 2021, 11:52:45 am »
I hate everything about City, but from a purely footy perspective, I'd rather they won it than the other lot, if we don't. Its a shit season anyway, but seeing a bunch of cheating, diving, kick and rush merchants win the league and that gurning fucking hobbit make me want to puke.

Bit harsh on your good wife there Robert.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12378 on: January 27, 2021, 11:53:32 am »
Bit harsh on your good wife there Robert.

;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12379 on: January 27, 2021, 12:17:51 pm »
I wouldn't mind Leicester doing it if not us.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12380 on: January 27, 2021, 12:26:14 pm »

Similar thoughts here...easily the best option available for me...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12381 on: January 27, 2021, 12:28:25 pm »

They would be my preferred option, but can't see it happening after their spectacular collapse last season.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12382 on: January 27, 2021, 12:32:07 pm »

Same here, you think it would be the obvious choice, ex Reds boss doing well, Leicester no rival to us etc.Plus it pisses both Manc clubs as well, what's not to like?
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #12383 on: January 27, 2021, 12:38:48 pm »
They would be my preferred option, but can't see it happening after their spectacular collapse last season.

Yep I'm not risking any outside chances of Utd winning it. Leicester are simply unreliable. Team City here. Unless we start winning all our remaining matches obviously.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #12384 on: January 27, 2021, 12:48:03 pm »
Whatever we say about them, but what a team Pep has built. Fair play to him, and the players. If they win it this year, they would have deserved it.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12385 on: January 27, 2021, 12:49:00 pm »
Whatever we say about them, but what a team Pep has built. Fair play to him, and the players. If they win it this year, they would have deserved it.

Hhahahahahah oh wait this is a serious post.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12386 on: January 27, 2021, 12:56:54 pm »
with unlimited funds they had, my kid would have built a similar team in the kitchen.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12387 on: January 27, 2021, 01:01:30 pm »
Cancelo has been brilliant this season, but the way some are talking, you wouldn't think he was a £60m player who was at Juventus.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12388 on: January 27, 2021, 01:01:34 pm »

That's a good one  hahaha  :wellin

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12389 on: January 27, 2021, 01:05:48 pm »

There is zero credit to be given to team with such unfair, unlimited spending power in winning it.

They should wrap the thing up every season by Christmas, with their wealth.If we don't do it this Season, it probably will be City (with us runners up) but I won't bat an eyelid. Such an achievement is meaningless in my eyes.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12390 on: January 27, 2021, 01:14:57 pm »
There is zero credit to be given to team with such unfair, unlimited spending power in winning it.

They should wrap the thing up every season by Christmas, with their wealth.If we don't do it this Season, it probably will be City (with us runners up) but I won't bat an eyelid. Such an achievement is meaningless in my eyes.

If they buy a player for £50m and they don't work out, they just shrug their shoulders and buy another one. Until Sane this summer, they haven't had to sell a major first team player in their prime for donkey's years. I can't even remember the last one before that. David Silva and Kompany were coming to the end. Same with Aguero this summer.

Telegraph saying he has another £200m to spend this summer. Hard life.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #12391 on: January 27, 2021, 05:41:39 pm »
Their goals seem to be coming from deeper positions this season in the absence of Aguero, with the goals also spread widely around the team: Gundogan 7, Sterling 6, Mahrez 5, Foden 4, De Bruyne 3, Torres 2, Stones 2, Jesus 2. Aguero is on 0.

So the loss of Aguero and De Bruyne's goals (and to some degree Sterling's) have been compensated for by other players. If you'd have told me in September that by the end of January their top scorer would have 7, and Salah would have more league goals than Sterling, Aguero, De Bruyne, and Jesus combined, I'd have thought we'd be miles ahead.

By comparison, we have Salah on 13, Mane on 6, Jota/Bobby on 5, and all our other goalscorers on 1. We've had a few wins scoring 3's and 4's and even 7, but we're really missing Virgil chipping in a few, and could also do with Wijanldum/Thiago/Henderson finding their shooting boots when our front 3 aren't firing. I'm hoping Jota will make a big difference in the games where we can't make a breakthrough, as he brings something different and is also a great option off the bench against tired legs. He also allowed us to play a front 4 against bus parkers which could be vital for the remainder of the season.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12392 on: January 27, 2021, 05:45:12 pm »
Cancelo has been brilliant this season, but the way some are talking, you wouldn't think he was a £60m player who was at Juventus.
Nail on the head - pundits and the public seem to act with surprise and hail City's recruiting genius when players like Cancelo and Dias turn out to be good. It was the same with Bernardo Silva a few years ago. We're talking over £120m on three players who were all experienced in the Champions League and all had double figures caps for their country's before signing for City.

They're good players. Yes, that's why they cost fucking loads in the first place. Madness.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12393 on: January 27, 2021, 05:56:11 pm »

Ha ha

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12394 on: January 27, 2021, 07:31:21 pm »

:fishslap

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #12395 on: January 30, 2021, 07:05:22 am »
Love watching De Bruyne, fabulous player. Strikes me as a sociopath though.

That's an interesting opinion,  what makes you think that?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #12396 on: January 30, 2021, 03:06:21 pm »
6 of the players on City's bench for today's game:

Mendy £52m
Stones £50m
Sterling £50m
Rodri £62m
Mahrez £60m
Cancelo £30m

Total = £304m

Total value of Sheffield Utd entire squad = £155m
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12397 on: February 2, 2021, 01:44:15 pm »
Waiting for the conspiracy theories to start on Blueloon, now that Michael Oliver's the ref on Sunday.

They're still crying about the Trent handball last season, even though it hit Bernardo's arm first.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12398 on: February 2, 2021, 03:31:52 pm »
That's an interesting opinion,  what makes you think that?
The thing about De Bruyne is, he's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he goes at defences he doesn't seem to be living, until he scores, then black eyes roll over white.

I don't know, something intangible. He has a very curt, unimpressed, almost derisory way of speaking and he is clearly of the opinion he's a cut above all his teammates (he wouldn't be wrong). Just strikes me as arrogant and an odd, controlling person. The snide, defensive remarks when City's track record is called into question are always a bit over the top.

What a player though.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12399 on: February 2, 2021, 03:35:34 pm »