Author Topic: Leicester City AKA The Plutocrats  (Read 257231 times)

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Leicester City
« Reply #2000 on: December 24, 2020, 11:31:52 am »
Fucking hell, imagine 5+ years ago someone told you Leicester would have a training ground like that. Fucking Leicester.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2001 on: December 24, 2020, 11:32:47 am »
Looks impressive. It looks like they’re a very well run club with good recruitment,

Their Net Spend over the past 5 years is lower than Everton, West Ham, Aston Villa, Wolves, Sheffield United, Fulham and Brighton amongst others (admittedly boosted by the crime of century by selling Maguire for £80m) but still shows a savvy seldom seen by football clubs nowadays; apart from our own of course

Crime of the century? It's only the second best crime involving Maguire  :D

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2002 on: December 24, 2020, 11:42:05 am »
Thats us and Leicester with brand spanking new training grounds in the last year or so, anyone else in the league done something similar recently?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #2003 on: December 24, 2020, 02:59:57 pm »
Thats us and Leicester with brand spanking new training grounds in the last year or so, anyone else in the league done something similar recently?
Tottenham about 2-3 years back.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2004 on: December 24, 2020, 03:03:39 pm »
Tottenham about 2-3 years back.

I did look that up and originally mentioned it in my comment, but turns out their training complex was built nearly 10 years ago and what was finished recently was the non-training aspects to it such as lodging, recreational places, Jose's famous Spurs PJs, etc.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2005 on: December 24, 2020, 04:56:02 pm »
They've completed their £100m training complex and it looks pretty amazing.

That's stunning.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2006 on: December 24, 2020, 05:13:17 pm »
^^You can tell that's not the Spurs training complex. No diving boards
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2007 on: December 24, 2020, 05:39:57 pm »
Probably (easily?) the best-run club in the league after us.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #2008 on: December 24, 2020, 06:11:22 pm »
I did look that up and originally mentioned it in my comment, but turns out their training complex was built nearly 10 years ago and what was finished recently was the non-training aspects to it such as lodging, recreational places, Jose's famous Spurs PJs, etc.
Ahh cheers, I didn't know that. You forgot to add the diving pool and the extra wide doors to fit Kane's massive head through.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2009 on: December 24, 2020, 06:29:18 pm »
That training complex looks pretty impressive.  Hopefully it generates some decent talent that we can pilfer for relative peanuts. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2010 on: December 24, 2020, 06:35:03 pm »
^^You can tell that's not the Spurs training complex. No diving boards

Or graters...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2011 on: December 24, 2020, 07:23:17 pm »
Beautifully designed and impressive looking complex.

I am not sure how does ours compare but it would be great to develop further with the funds from sale of Melwood.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2012 on: December 24, 2020, 07:26:53 pm »
Nice training ground an all but please be sure to not shit the bed on Saturday against Ole’s juggernaut.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2013 on: December 24, 2020, 07:28:45 pm »
It cost's 50 million more than ours because they have a hotel complex there and a 9 hole golf course.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2014 on: December 24, 2020, 08:08:50 pm »
Does it have a cheese room?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2015 on: December 24, 2020, 08:11:04 pm »

They can only dream of a cheese room.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2016 on: December 24, 2020, 08:18:45 pm »
It cost's 50 million more than ours because they have a hotel complex there and a 9 hole golf course.

I got the impression that one of the main drivers for our new facility was to have both the academy and the first team training on the same site, is it the same for them? As for the golf course, well there is Kirkby muni, assuming its still open as I haven't been in that neck of the woods for ages.
 :-X 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2017 on: December 24, 2020, 08:26:45 pm »
Gareth Bale's put in a transfer request...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2018 on: December 24, 2020, 09:27:45 pm »

No but it's got this

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2019 on: December 25, 2020, 08:57:14 am »
They've completed their £100m training complex and it looks pretty amazing.

Is that a Telletubbies Train Station?

Online whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2020 on: December 25, 2020, 02:02:50 pm »
Nice training ground an all but please be sure to not shit the bed on Saturday against Ole’s juggernaut.

Is right.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2021 on: December 26, 2020, 10:05:05 am »
The Facilities for Madison and Vardy look tremendous.

Seriously though, Spurs must regret not having a Golf course like Leicester, just think, they have the model pro on their books to run the shop and give lessons
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2022 on: January 3, 2021, 04:17:34 pm »
Vardy still top class. Be interesting when the time comes who they can replace him with. Don’t think they will get a like for like so probably a change in style of play.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2023 on: January 3, 2021, 04:19:48 pm »
Vardy still top class. Be interesting when the time comes who they can replace him with. Don’t think they will get a like for like so probably a change in style of play.

He's been brilliant this season but about to turn 34. He's key to the way they play. It's similar to Bobby leading the attack with us, added to him being their main source of goals.

They'd had 12 wins from the first 17 games last season and only 6 from their last 21. Vardy's form dropping off over the season was part of that.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2024 on: January 4, 2021, 12:03:34 am »
Werner might be available for cheap by that point...just sayin'

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2025 on: January 4, 2021, 12:36:21 am »
Hope they finish above the mancs but below us ;)

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2026 on: January 19, 2021, 11:23:40 pm »
3 wins in a row now and Vardy on the scoresheet for none of them. Think that's always been one of the main struggles for them that if he's not firing in goals, they've struggled to get goals elsewhere and drop points. If they've figured that out, they're going to be a dangerous team the rest of the season and they're just about back to being fully healthy now.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2027 on: January 19, 2021, 11:45:36 pm »
Leshter Shitty, Moneypenny.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2028 on: January 20, 2021, 12:15:37 am »
They’ve got some really good players. Ndidi is a brilliant defensive midfielder and it’s no surprise he’s getting attention from elsewhere. Harvey Barnes is having a good season as are Maddison and Tielemans. As Lone Star has said above, the fact that they’re getting wins without Vardy scoring is big for them.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2029 on: January 20, 2021, 10:00:13 am »
i see them as a quality team but probably lack a bit of depth, starting eleven can give anyone a game and play very well as units and a team, tip my hat to them, building the club steadily and responsibly and clearly have a very good scouting team
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2030 on: January 20, 2021, 10:02:50 am »
Weird that Soyuncu who is as far as I can see is clearly their best defender, hasn't gone straight back into the side yet.
Brendan's done a really good job.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2031 on: January 20, 2021, 10:37:11 am »
He has done an excellent job. Someone said why do you think City will finish about Utd and all I had to say was you got 11 playing for each other (whole squad really) while at Utd you have several individuals who will show their true colour every time the shyte hits the fan.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2032 on: January 20, 2021, 05:02:15 pm »
Reports that Danny Ings may be looking to leave Saints for a CL club, would make sense for Leicester if they finish top 4. He may be 29 but he's probably one of the closest players to Vardy in terms of playing style and ability. Just needs to shave his hair and introduce pints of Monster Energy into his diet and he's set.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2033 on: January 22, 2021, 02:16:57 pm »
Vardy out for a few weeks too
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2034 on: January 27, 2021, 03:22:08 pm »
Reports that Danny Ings may be looking to leave Saints for a CL club, would make sense for Leicester if they finish top 4. He may be 29 but he's probably one of the closest players to Vardy in terms of playing style and ability. Just needs to shave his hair and introduce pints of Monster Energy into his diet and he's set.
Makes sense in some ways, both stylistically and that Rodgers clearly rated Ings during their short spell of mutual availability with ourselves. Leicester are pretty savvy in the transfer market though - Ings ran Southampton around £20m and has played in a way that they'd likely want a generous profit off him, especially given the importance he has in their goal scoring. I'd back Brendan to go back to Celtic and poach Eduoard (more variation to his game than Vardy but not the hare-like handful Vardy is, so not exactly an analogue but it would work I'd think) for a reasonably smaller fee than what Southampton could justifiably demand for Ings.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2035 on: February 14, 2021, 11:14:36 am »
Rogers is doing an excellent job this season, and getting the very best from a patchy squad with an aging Vardy still the focal point.

I really like Brendan, nothing against him at all, hope they finish in the top 4,they certainly deserve to, ideally 3rd behind us!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2036 on: February 14, 2021, 12:13:46 pm »
Vardy dropped off last season and they really struggled. He has done the same again recently but Maddison and Barnes have stepped up and continued their development and good form.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2037 on: February 14, 2021, 03:01:52 pm »
Harvey Barnes looks quite the player.  Between him,  Maddison,  Grealish,  Foden... England have a class of creative attacking mids / wide attackers coming through that is great to see.  Looks like a lot of good development work has gone into this generation of young players,  too bad it's Southgate leading them.  If they must have an Englishman,  get Brighton's Potter to do it part time...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 03:03:53 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2038 on: March 21, 2021, 08:53:04 pm »
3rd in the Table and favourites for an FA Cup Final appearance. Well done to Rogers, he's done a great job this season so far.

I really like Brendan, and in a game I can't really be arsed with anymore I have loads of respect for him and wish him well.

This is mainly because of how he treated me and my daughters when we waited to meet the players outside Melwood. He used to go on a jog on his own, return sweating like a pig, but always took the time to stop and speak to the fans, thanking them for their patience and support, he was particularly friendly to my girls.

Things like that matter to me, I would love to him win The FA Cup at the expense of one of the two cuntish clubs they will face if they get past Southampton.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2039 on: March 21, 2021, 10:42:23 pm »
3rd in the Table and favourites for an FA Cup Final appearance. Well done to Rogers, he's done a great job this season so far.

I really like Brendan, and in a game I can't really be arsed with anymore I have loads of respect for him and wish him well.

This is mainly because of how he treated me and my daughters when we waited to meet the players outside Melwood. He used to go on a jog on his own, return sweating like a pig, but always took the time to stop and speak to the fans, thanking them for their patience and support, he was particularly friendly to my girls.

Things like that matter to me, I would love to him win The FA Cup at the expense of one of the two cuntish clubs they will face if they get past Southampton.

agreed. he is a wonderful wonderful human being. with great character