Author Topic: Reds agree Adam deal  (Read 139775 times)

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Reds agree Adam deal
« Reply #2360 on: August 15, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »

if kenny played these days he`d have people moaning that his pass completion percentage was 60% or something, the fact he set 3 goals up wouldnt mean anything.

But Kenny was a top scorer. He scored almost every second game. You cannot compare him to the requirments for a central midfieder. Adam misplaced 18 passes against Sunderland. That´s the worst rate of EVERY central midfielder of the top 5 by a country mile. I am watching these stats over a year and you´ll find rarely a game of a top center midfielder misplacing more than 10 passes a game. He has to improve,  especially when looking at his tackles as well.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2361 on: August 15, 2011, 08:15:48 pm »
you missed the bit out where he got an assist or whatever they are called.
i`m not that bothered about passing percentages myself as i watched kenny dalglish play, a lot of his passes didnt come off but even the ones that didnt come off often used to get a round of applause because you had to be a genius to see the pass was even on.
if kenny played these days he`d have people moaning that his pass completion percentage was 60% or something, the fact he set 3 goals up wouldnt mean anything.

Its's very low of a player in that area of the pitch. When we began to tire the other day he needed to start short sharp passing to make the Sunderland team run about. If you are to play a high pressing game your midfielders need to hold on to the ball better than  66% of the time, otherwise your forwards and dm with start to tire chasing the ball.

Also Adam was partly to blame for the Sunderland goal, he was the extra player that got sucked to the ball, leaving the space for the cross.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2362 on: August 15, 2011, 08:32:35 pm »
Kennys taken a gamble, for all his good he's a massive liability. Needs to change his whole outlook to make it here, less adam hollywood, more team player.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2363 on: August 15, 2011, 08:33:51 pm »
Kennys taken a gamble, for all his good he's a massive liability. Needs to change his whole outlook to make it here, less adam hollywood, more team player.

Massive liability after one game. Nice.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2364 on: August 15, 2011, 08:35:14 pm »

We should really just take him out back and put him down. Can't have a team with him in it. I know it's only 1 game but he didn't score 3 or provide any assists (ok maybe that 1 assist, but who's counting). He's a used up race horse i'm afraid.

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2365 on: August 15, 2011, 08:40:08 pm »
Its's very low of a player in that area of the pitch. When we began to tire the other day he needed to start short sharp passing to make the Sunderland team run about. If you are to play a high pressing game your midfielders need to hold on to the ball better than  66% of the time, otherwise your forwards and dm with start to tire chasing the ball.

Also Adam was partly to blame for the Sunderland goal, he was the extra player that got sucked to the ball, leaving the space for the cross.

i want to see players who are brave enough to try to open up the opposition, jamie redknapp used to have incredible stats in terms of pass completion etc (often over a 100 passes with only 1 or 2 misplaced but he would have done nothing in the game)
henderson had great %`s from the weekend but the common consensus is he was anonymous.
you tactics board mob might be obsessed with stats but some of us arent.

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2366 on: August 15, 2011, 08:41:17 pm »
But Kenny was a top scorer. He scored almost every second game. You cannot compare him to the requirments for a central midfieder. Adam misplaced 18 passes against Sunderland. That´s the worst rate of EVERY central midfielder of the top 5 by a country mile. I am watching these stats over a year and you´ll find rarely a game of a top center midfielder misplacing more than 10 passes a game. He has to improve,  especially when looking at his tackles as well.

and yet adam was in the running for player of the year? try watching the games instead of the stats.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #2367 on: August 15, 2011, 08:42:24 pm »

Liability in what way? What did he do that was so bad against Sunderland? How dare he not settle in after one game in what was a step up for him , and how dare him not settle into a partnership with Lucas after just 45 minutes playing together before Sunday's game.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2368 on: August 15, 2011, 08:43:44 pm »

total nonsense.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2369 on: August 15, 2011, 08:45:17 pm »
and yet adam was in the running for player of the year? try watching the games instead of the stats.

And who won? Scott Parker? Should I take this award serious just like the "Hodgson-manager-of-the-year"-thing?

In fact I am watching the games very closely. And that´s where my conclusion comes from. From watching.  And I brought up the stats in order to provide some arguments to my opinion. I think that he does more damage to the way we play as a unit but how should I back up my opinion without any statistic behind it?

It´s just an argument, nothing wrong if you don´t find it to be valid.

One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2370 on: August 15, 2011, 08:46:34 pm »
And who won? Scott Parker? I should take this award serious just like the "Hodgson-manager-of-the-year"-thing?

I am watching the games. And I am not convinced of Adam in no way. I brought up the stats to provide some arguments to my opinion. I think that he does more damage to the way we play as a unit but how should I explain this without any statistic behind it?

It´s just an argument, nothing wrong if you find it to be not valid.

One competitive game you've watched. One.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2371 on: August 15, 2011, 08:47:22 pm »
i want to see players who are brave enough to try to open up the opposition, jamie redknapp used to have incredible stats in terms of pass completion etc (often over a 100 passes with only 1 or 2 misplaced but he would have done nothing in the game)
henderson had great %`s from the weekend but the common consensus is he was anonymous.
I remember that with Redknapp, I called him The Crab, all sideways.

However wanting a player to stand out even if some of that is negative doesn't make sense. Plus Adam tries that pass too often, and without the quick defenders to cover we struggle to compress the game. Against Arsenal that will kill us.

Stats wise giving the ball back to the other side 1/3 of the time isn't exactly being stat crazy.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2372 on: August 15, 2011, 08:48:15 pm »

I watched him with Blackpool since we were linked with him. It´s not that I am writing this out of the blue.

Again, the stats are just an argument to my opinion which came from watching Adam play at Blackpool, Scotland and with us so far.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2373 on: August 15, 2011, 08:49:10 pm »
Like most of us we have seen him play quite a bit at Blackpool. Most of us who share Steve's opinion have had that same worries about his game as then, only now it's increased as he plays for us.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2374 on: August 15, 2011, 08:49:23 pm »
I watched him with Blackpool since we were linked with him. It´s not that I am writing this out of the blue.

Again, the stats are just an argument to my opinion which came from watching Adam play at Blackpool, Scotland and with us so far.

Judge him in a red shirt, after at least 10 games.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2375 on: August 15, 2011, 08:50:02 pm »
Judge him in a red shirt, after at least 10 games.

I will come back to you on this. ;)

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2376 on: August 15, 2011, 08:50:15 pm »

What is this one game bollocks. I've been watching Adam since January, just because he plays in a red shirt won't dramatically change his way of playing. The things i think are weaknesses to his game are the same, whatever team he plays for, its just that you'd notice them more now.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2377 on: August 15, 2011, 08:50:17 pm »
He was brilliant for Blackpool, so I don't need how you can see his performances for them as a negative one bit.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2378 on: August 15, 2011, 08:50:36 pm »
Thought he played well myself. Should've had 2 assists. Also thought he put himself about quite well and was better in the challenge then I was expecting.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: August 15, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »
Ahh, the stats nerds are out with the tiddlywinks tonight.  Totally disregarding things such as 'the type of pass'.  Of course Adam over a course of a game is going to misplace more passes than someone who plays safe 10 yard passes all game.  But as someone else mentioned when using Dalglish and indeed Redknap as examples, more of his passes tried are of the type to create chances.  Ok, he set the goal up with a fantastic delivery.  But it's also worth mentioning he played a fantastic ball over the defence to Carroll who 'scored' a perfectly legit goal, but for the uselessness of the officials.  And with hindsight should have knocked the pen in instead of Suarez finding Stanley Pk. 

Not the worst debut by any stretch.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2380 on: August 15, 2011, 08:53:05 pm »

Mate, Adam was long written off by a little mob on here because he's not the Italian outcast and they'll just take you round in circles and manipluate every debate with stats to push their agenda
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #2381 on: August 15, 2011, 08:53:34 pm »
How can people come to so many verdicts about Adam or indeed any of our new signings after 1 game? , i know in banging on about this but ''he aint good enough'' , ''he's a liability'' , ''he does more damage to the way we play'' , is what ive seen all on the back of 45 minutes in which the whole team struggled.

Maybe im being an idiot here but why cant we watch a few games and let our new signings settle and bed in before saying stuff like he is doing damage and labelling players ''liability''.

We all wanted new signings but it seems some on here are not prepared to give them a run of games.Stats after 1 game in an attempt to prove Adam is not good enough to play the way we want the team to play? Bizzare to say the least.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2382 on: August 15, 2011, 08:54:14 pm »
Don´t worry lads, there are no nerds or mobs. No need to make more out of this than just one poster thinking Henderson or Meireles are a better center midfielders than Adam.

Offline myrlas